[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony Pictures

Advanced search
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:34 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony Pictures

Sony Pictures

The latest Sony related news and industry news as well.

Moderator: jttar

by SONYESP » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:24 pm

MONDAY, JANUARY 7

PROJECT BLUE BOOK----trailer released for the History UFO tv series.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUJv_bdO6IU

HBO---trailer released for HBO's 2019 programming.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7vrjkheBt8

POLAR---trailer released for the Netflix assassin movie starring Mads Mikkelsen.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMHwRal-AR8

FOSSE/VERDON---trailer released for the FX miniseries about Bob Fosse and Gwen Verdon starring Sam Rockwell and Michelle Williams.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T9FTsBVt5Y

STAR TREK: DISCOVERY---new featurette on Anson Mount as Capt. Christopher Pike.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45G7vd49qeM

BIRD BOX---director Susanne Bier commented on a possible sequel, "It's funny, I'm kind of reading (about) people asking for a sequel and I'm like, 'Hey, hey, hey, we really just finished!' So let's just enjoy it for now."
Also, designer Andy Bergholtz released photos of the movie's unused monsters, '"We had the unique pleasure of designing a creepy makeup for the film, although the scene ultimately ended up on the cutting room floor. Keep in mind, the fatal "vision" that each character saw would most likely be different for each person (you'll understand if you've seen the film), and this makeup appeared in a cut "dream/nightmare sequence" with Sandra Bullock's character.
Considering her pregnant state and emotional arc thru the movie, the producers felt Sandra's nightmare would have something to do with a twisted, demonic baby creature attacking her..."'

JAMES BOND---Rami Malek (MR. ROBOT, BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY) commented on rumors he will play the villain in the next James Bond movie, "We'll have to see about that. It would be nice to play a villain, that would be another dream role for me. I've got to play so many great ones so far so who knows. I'm keeping tight-lipped."

JUMANJI 3---Danny DeVito will co-star with Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart, Karen Gillan and Jack Black in the Sony Pictures sequel.

BATMAN: THE LONG HALLOWEEN---DC Films is reportedly developing a two-part animated movie series based on the comic book with voices by Troy Baker, Titus Welliver, Jensen Ackles and Naya Rivera.

TRIVIA---more James Bond movie trivia.
In FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, Robbin Young appeared with Roger Moore as the "Girl in the Flower Shop" after winning the PLAYBOY magazine competition "Search for a James Bond Girl" where the winner had a cameo in the movie and a photo spread in PLAYBOY.
Young admitted in 2016 she had a steamy online romance with a Romanian man who had the Twitter account name of Guccifer 2.0 which was later revealed to be Russian GRU military intelligence agents who interfered in the 2016 presidential election by hacking into the Democratic National Committee email and then leaked stolen documents. The US Justice Department indicted 12 of the Russian GRU agents who operated Guccifer 2.0.
Young said, “I thought he was one Romanian man and I fell in love with him – now to be told it could have been 12 Russian spies running that account – I’m shocked. If this is all true it's like I've had Twitter sex with 12 Russian hackers."
She also sent a set of nude photos of herself to Guccifer and that Special Prosecutor Robert Mueller may have obtained the photos in his ongoing investigation of alleged Russian collusion in the Donald Trump presidential campaign.
Young is an ordained minister and has received criticism for appearing nude in PLAYBOY. She is currently writing her autobiography which is titled NUDE CHRISTIAN.

Robbin Young had a cameo in FOR YOUR EYES ONLY with Roger Moore after winning a PLAYBOY magazine competition "Search for a James Bond Girl" and also had a photo spread in PLAYBOY.

Young admitted she had an online affair and set nude photos of herself to Russian agents operating the Guccifer 2.0 Twitter account in which 12 of the Russian agents were indicted for interfering in the 2016 presidential election.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:52 pm

TUESDAY, JANUARY 8

CAPTAIN MARVEL---new trailer released for the Brie Larson superhero movie.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX33bIOA5aA

DUNE---Dave Bautista will play "Beast" Rabban, the sadistic nephew of baron Vladimir Harkonnen who oversees Arrakis in the Denis Villeneuve remake movie. Timothee Chalamet and Rebecca Ferguson also star.

VENOM 2---the Sony Pictures sequel is underway with Tom Hardy, Michelle Williams and Woody Harrelson returning. Kelly Marcel is returning to write the script.

BARBIE---Margot Robbie will star in the Warner Bros. movie based on the Mattel doll line. Robbie replaces Amy Schumer, who dropped out due to a schedule conflict, and Anne Hathaway.

GAME OF THRONES---HBO head Richard Pepler commented on Season 8," It’s a spectacle. The guys have done six movies. The reaction I had while watching them was, ‘I’m watching a movie'. They knew the bar was high. They’ve exceeded the bar. I’ve watched them twice without any CGI and I’m in awe. Everybody’s in for an extraordinary treat of storytelling and of magical, magical production.”

THE MANY SAINTS OF NEWARK---creator David Chase confirmed THE SOPRANOS prequel movie will feature a young Tony Soprano, "...the thing that interested me most was Tony’s boyhood. I was interested in exploring that. The movie will deal with the tensions between the Blacks and whites at the time, and Tony Soprano will be part of this, but as a kid.
I was against [the movie] for a long time and I’m still very worried about it, but I became interested in Newark, where my parents came from, and where the riots took place. I was living in suburban New Jersey at the time that happened, and my girlfriend was working in downtown Newark. I was just interested in the whole Newark riot thing. I started thinking about those events and organized crime, and I just got interested in mixing those two elements.”

THE WEST WING---co-star Richard Schiff said he talked to creator Aaron Sorkin about a revival of the political tv series, “Aaron has said he wanted it to happen. [He] might go with a new administration, in which case, you know, some of us might show up as consultants…it makes no sense, maybe one or two of us to be in the White House.”

LOVE, DEATH & ROBOTS---new Netflix animated anthology series from Tim Miller and David Fincher. The 185 minute-long series consist of 18-short pieces. Miller said, “LOVE, DEATH & ROBOTS is my dream project, it combines my love of animation and amazing stories. Midnight movies, comics, books and magazines of fantastic fiction have inspired me for decades, but they were relegated to the fringe culture of geeks and nerds of which I was a part. I’m so f––ing excited that the creative landscape has finally changed enough for adult-themed animation to become part of a larger cultural conversation”.

SPIDER-MAN: INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE---Sony Pictures is considering a series of animated tv shows based on characters from INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE.

STARDREAM---sci fi movie underway about a spaceship carrying hundreds of thousands of people from Earth to a distant planet. After problems begin, the spaceship is controlled by Stephen, an AI, which then falls in love with his creator, Andreaya. Bjorn Runge (THE WIFE) is the director.

TRIVIA---this is the latest in BAND OF BROTHERS trivia.
BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY, the Freddie Mercury biomovie, was directed by Dexter Fletcher, who replaced the fired Bryan Singer, and starred Rami Malek. Fletcher played Sgt. Johnny Martin in BAND OF BROTHERS, and Malek played Cpl. Merriell "Snafu" Shelton in THE PACIFIC, the companion miniseries to BAND OF BROTHERS.

BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY director Dexter Fletcher played Sgt. Johnny Martin in BAND OF BROTHERS.

BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY star Rami Malek played Cpl. Merriell "Snafu" Shelton in THE PACIFIC, the companion miniseries to BAND OF BROTHERS.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:28 pm

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 9

IO---trailer released for the Netflix sci fi movie starring Anthony Mackie.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3GLhAumiec

WHITE DRAGON---trailer released for the Amazon Prime movie starring John Simm (DOCTOR WHO).

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPsi26AgWoY

GAME OF THRONES---the cast and crew comment on the incest between Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen in Season 8. Co-creator DB Weiss said, “From a dramatic standpoint, it makes things interesting. Because the story is no longer about who Jon’s parents are. It’s about what happens when Jon finds out.”
Kit Harington added, “Jon is someone who plays by the book. He cannot lie. Finding out about Dany would be very hard for him.”
Emilia Clarke said, “Daenerys’s lifelong dream has been to avenge her family and claim her rightful seat on the Iron Throne. She truly loves Jon. Were she to find out about his title, it would cut deep."
Also, the cast for the prequel pilot includes Naomi Watts, Josh Whitehouse, Naomi Ackie, Denise Gough, Jamie Campbell Bower, Sheila Atim and Ivanno Jeremiah. SJ Clarkson (THE DEFENDERS) is the director.

STAR TREK---showrunner Alex Kurtzman said the new Jean-Luc Picard tv series will have a drastically different Picard as demanded by Patrick Stewart, “He threw down an amazing gauntlet and said, ‘If we do this, I want it to be so different, I want it to be both what people remember but also not what they’re expecting at all, otherwise why do it?'”
Kurtzman said the series is set after STAR TREK: NEMESIS and the failed Romulus coup by Shinzon (Tom Hardy) and the destruction of Romulus in the 2009 STAR TREK, “Picard’s life was radically altered by the dissolution of the Romulan Empire”.

STAR TREK 4---Paramount Pictures shelved the sequel which is most likely connected to the stalled contract negotiations with Chris Pine and Chris Hemsworth.

THE NEW POPE---HBO released a photo showing Jude Law and John Malkovich.

GREEN LANTERN---Geoff Johns is reportedly writing the script for a reboot of the failed Ryan Reynolds superhero movie in which Hal Jordan is a disaffected astronaut who becomes a superhero.

SUPERMAN: RED SON---animated movie underway based on the comic book. The voice cast includes Amy Ackey, Diedrich Bader, Anna Vocino, Greg Chun, Jason Issacs and Jim Ward.

GUNPOWDER MILKSHAKE---Karen Gillan stars in this all-female, multi-generational movie about assassins.

MISBEHAVIOUR---Suki Waterhouse will co-star with Keira Knightley, Greg Kinnear and Gugu Mbatha-Raw in this movie about the 1970 Miss World Pageant where Miss Grenada became the first black Miss World.

STARGIRL---Luke Wilson will play Pat Dugan in the DC Universe tv series.

HIGHTOWN---James Badge Dale and Monica Raymund star in this Starz tv series about two law enforcement officers who team up to investigate a drug-related murder in Cape Cod.

NYPD BLUE---Kim Delaney and Bill Brochtrup are returning for the reboot pilot in which NYPD cop Theo Sipowicz investigates the murder of his father, NYPD detective Andy Sipowicz.

TRIVIA---in AIRPORT, two sitcom actresses are among the passengers on Trans Global Flight 2. Pat Priest (THE MUNSTERS) is passenger Mrs. Jerry Copeland, who is sitting behind Helen Hayes, who won an Academy Award for playing the senior citizen stowaway. Marion Ross (HAPPY DAYS) is passenger Joan Myers.

In AIRPORT, Pat Priest (THE MUNSTERS) is sitting behind Oscar-winning Helen Hayes, and is shown with flight attendant Jacqueline Bisset and bomb-carrying Van Heflin.

Marion Ross (HAPPY DAYS) plays passenger Joan Myers (lower right).

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:20 pm

THURSDAY, JANUARY 10

VELVET BUZZSAW---trailer released for the Netflix horror movie starring Jake Gyllenhaal, Rene Russo and John Malkovich.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdAR-lK43YU

DUNE---Stellan Skarsgard will play villain Baron Harkonnen in the Denis Villeneuve remake movie. The Harkonnen family previously ruled Arrakis and are the enemies of the Atreides family. Kenneth McMillan played Harkonnen in the original movie.

MARY POPPINS RETURNS---director Rob Marshall said the sequel is underway and said there could be additional sequels in the future, "Listen, how many STAR WARS films have there been, you know what I mean? Or James Bond films. If there’s a great character and story to tell, why not?”

ALIEN---20th Century Fox denied rumors that another movie is underway for the franchise's 40th anniversary in 2019. The only projects underway for 2019 are the documentary on the original movie, MEMORY-THE ORIGINS OF ALIEN; the ALIEN: RESISTANCE comic book and the mobile video game ALIEN: BLACKOUT. The rumored tv series was not mentioned.

THE MUMMY---Alex Kurtzman commented on the Tom Cruise reboot movie and the Universal Pictures Dark Universe horror universe, "THE MUMMY wasn't what I wanted it to be. I'm no longer involved in that and have no idea what's going on with it. I look back on it now [and] what felt painful at the time ended up being an incredible blessing for me. I learned that I need to follow my own instincts, and when I can't fully do that, I don't think I can succeed. Those films are beautiful because the monsters are broken characters, and we see ourselves in them. I hope those are the movies that they make; I want to see them."

SHAZAM!---sources claim John Glover (SMALLVILLE) will play a villain the Zachary Levi superhero movie.

BIOS---Caleb Landry Jones (X-MEN: FIRST CLASS) will co-star with Tom Hanks in this sci fi movie about the last man on Earth who invents a robot to protect his dog as they embark on an epic journey.

RAISED BY WOLVES---Travis Fimmel stars in this TNT sci series about two androids who raise human children on a mysterious virgin planet. Ridley Scott is the director.

WITHOUT REMORSE---Taylor Sheridan will rewrite the script for the Michael B. Jordan movie based on the Tom Clancy novel.

DuPONT---Mark Ruffalo, Tim Robbins and Anne Hathaway star in this untitled movie based on the story of a lawyer who sues DuPont for decades of chemical pollution.

STAR WARS RESISTANCE---Disney Channel renewed the series for Season 2.

THE VISION AND SCARLET WITCH---Jac Schaeffer (CAPTAIN AMERICA) will write the pilot for the Marvel Studios tv series intended for Disney+.

GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS---director Michael Dougherty said if he returns for the next sequel, he wants Biollante and Gigan to be part of the monster cast. Dougherty said he also is a fan of Anguirus and MechaGodzilla.

SOMETIMES I LIE---Sarah Michelle Gellar stars in this miniseries based on the novel.

ACADEMY AWARDS---the 91st Academy Awards will not have a host after the Kevin Hart debacle. Stars of AVENGERS: ENDGAME are reportedly being sought to appear to bolster the tv ratings for the no-host broadcast.

SPACE JAM 2---director Terence Nance commented on the sequel, “Pretty sure [it’s] going to disrupt everything. I’m excited about what that movie can be. SPACE JAM is a very unique opportunity because LeBron James is the best basketball player on Earth and a once in a generation performer. Whoever the greatest basketball player of the next generation is going to be, they are probably not going to also be a great actor.”

I LOVE YOU, AMERICA--Hulu cancelled the series.

TRIVIA---in the original TRUE GRIT starring John Wayne, the middle condemned man in the hanging scene is played by Jay Silverheels, who is better known as Tonto on THE LONE RANGER.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:26 pm

FRIDAY, JANUARY 11

WORLD WAR Z 2---the long-gestating sequel starts filming in March under the working title of MAXIMILIAN. Brad Pitt returns with director David Fincher replacing Marc Forster.

THE HUNT---Al Pacino is in negotiations to co-star with Logan Lerman in the Amazon tv series about Nazis hunters in 1977 New York who discover a plot by high-ranking Nazis to create the Fourth Reich.

THE FRENCH DISPATCH---Bill Murray, Henry Winkler, Benecio del Toro, Tilda Swinton and Frances McDormand star in this Wes Anderson movie about the Paris Bureau of a US newspaper.

CRIMINAL MINDS---CBS renewed the series for Season 15 which will be the last season.

DOWNHILL---US remake of the Swedish movie FORCE MAJEURE is underway in which a family copes with the aftermath after it escapes from an avalanche in the Alps. Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Will Ferrell star.

BEHIND---Sam Raimi will produce the movie based on the horror short film.

THE WHITE ROOM---a local woman in the Adirondack Mountains investigates the mysterious disappearance of another woman and discovers something inhuman. Bryce McGuire (WHISPER) is the writer.

SHADOW AND BONE---Netflix eight-part miniseries underway based on the fantasy novels SHADOW AND BONE and SIX OF CROWS.

TRIVIA---in the original THE LONGEST YARD, the Citroen SM driven into the river by Burt Reynolds was fished out of the water, and producer Albert S. Rudy then sold it for $7,000 after emphasizing its film notoriety.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:40 pm

MONDAY, JANUARY 14

GAME OF THRONES---teaser trailer released for Season 8 which premieres on April 14.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA38GCX4Tb0

THE WAR OF THE WORLDS---photo of the Martian Tripod in the BBC miniseries based on the HG Wells novel.

WONDER WOMAN 1984---a rumor claims to explain how Chris Pine will return as Steve Trevor in the sequel. Pedro Pascal will play businessman Maxwell Lord, who teams up with Barbara Ann Minerva (Kristen Wiig) to search for magical artifacts that will give him super powers. When the artifacts turn Minerva into Cheetah, who turns on Lord, he promises to resurrect Trevor if Wonder Woman will protect him from Cheetah.

HOBBS AND SHAW---Dwayne Johnson posted a photo pf Jason Statham, Idris Elba and himself from the FAST AND FURIOUS spinoff movie.

ALIEN: COVENANT---Katherine Waterston said she is receptive to returning for a COVENANT sequel if it is made, ”I don’t live in Hollywood, and I’m always usually the last person to know even what’s going on in my own career. So, [I’m] probably not the best person to ask. But I did get some sense of where they thought they might like to take it when we were shooting COVENANT, and it sounded really interesting. I would be absolutely game to do more if they wanted to have me. That’s all I know. I’m sure they’ve changed their minds anyway. And there’s been probably loads of different ideas going around and everything. But just in case I spoil something by talking about it, I wouldn’t dare.”

STAR TREK: DISCOVERY---showrunner Alex Kurtzman gave a lengthy reply to fan criticism that DISCOVERY is not faithful to the original series canon, “We really do spend a lot of time talking a lot about canon and there are people in the writers’ room specifically to tell us where we’re stepping on the line of violation. I did actually note at one point when I was asked about the graphic novels and comics that after 50-plus years it’s literally impossible to stay entirely consistent with canon because there have been very dry years in STAR TREK and very full years and so many different writers have attempted to fill in the gaps in the dry years of what happened to beloved characters in the absence of a show driving those answers, they end up inventing things and we end up being faced with whether to call that canon. But it’s always a conversation.
The best version of the story needs to be the driver. But what’s the best version of a story is an entirely subjective thing. That’s why we have so many different voices in the writers room with so many different points of view. You want to write a nuanced story to get as many different voices as possible to represent how they feel about different ideas. A big part of my process is listening to the other writers.
With TREK, you want to go out and beta-test ideas. But as soon as you do that you’ll get 50 per cent of people telling you they love it and 50 per cent saying you should be strung up and killed. At a certain point you need to follow your own internal compass, but you don’t want to do it in a vacuum — that’s very dangerous — so we hire people to express what they think STAR TREK means, and where we’re violating canon and what we can invent within the grey area.
So, yes, we want to stay true to canon, but we’re also doing a lot of new invention that has nothing to do with canon. There’s a lot of conversation online like, ‘Why don’t you start with new things? Why do you have to look back?’ And the answer is, ‘We can do both.’ We have to do both. STAR TREK has always done both. Of course, DISCOVERY’s first and foremost duty is to telling a new story with its new characters, and that should override any particular demand that it has to fit into what’s already come in over 50 years of books, comics, TV shows, and movies.
While it plays with fire by trying to tie itself up in the lives of original TREK figures like Captain Pike and Spock, as long as it can find a good story to tell in that space, it doesn’t matter than the bridge of the DISCOVERY looks a lot less like a 1960s studio set than what we know a Constitution-Class Starship’s bridge did in the original STAR TREK. There’s going to be a compromise for the sake of making something that works in a modern TV show, even if it’s not truly canonically accurate.”

THE BATMAN---a rumor claims The Penguin is one of the main villains in the movie.

COMING TO AMERICA---Craig Brewer (HUSTLE & FLOW) is the director of the sequel to the 1988 Eddie Murphy movie.

THE SOCIAL NETWORK---Aaron Sorkin said he is interested in writing a sequel, "A lot of very interesting, dramatic stuff has happened since the movie ends with settling the lawsuit from the Winklevoss Twins and Eduardo Saverin. I’ve gotten more than one email from him [producer Scott Rudin] with an article attached saying, ‘Isn’t it time for a sequel?'”

WALTZING WITH BRANDO---Billy Zane (TITANIC) is the star/director of this Marlon Brando biomovie set in the early 1970s when Brando and architect Bernard Judge plan to build an ecological retreat on a small Tahitian island.

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE---Art Marcus and Matt Holloway (IRON MAN) are in negotiations to write the script for the movie.

MORTAL KOMBAT---Warner Bros. Animation direct-to-home video movie underway with the voice cast including Joel McHale and Jennifer Carpenter.

FINAL DESTINATION---Patrick Melton and Marcus Dunstan (SAW) will write the script for the reboot movie.

SUPERGIRL---Ozawa Changchien will play villain The Hat in Season 4.

TRIVIA---more James Bond movie trivia.
James Bond author Ian Fleming's step-cousin was Christopher Lee, who was one of many candidates to play 007 before Sean Connery got the role. Fleming offered the Bond Villain role to Lee in DR. NO, but by the time Lee decided to accept the offer, the movie's producers had already chosen Joseph Wiseman for the role. Lee later played Bond Villain Francisco Scaramanga in THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN.

Ian Fleming's step-cousin was Christopher Lee, who was offered the Bond Villain role in DR. NO that went to Joseph Wiseman.

Lee played Bond Villain Francisco Scaramanga in THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN with Roger Moore.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:55 pm

TUESDAY, JANUARY 15

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME---trailer released for the sequel.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYYtuKyMtY8

THE WIDOW---trailer released for the Amazon miniseries starring Kate Beckinsale.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90-Ze-ZHnU0

STAR TREK---Michelle Yeoh will return as Philippa Georgiou in an untitled CBS All Access spinoff series. Yeoh said, “I’m so excited to continue telling these rich Star Trek stories. Being a part of this universe and this character specifically has been such a joy for me to play. I can’t wait to see where it all goes — certainly I believe it will go ‘where no woman has ever gone before!’”

THE MANY SAINTS OF NEWARK---Jon Bernthal and Vera Farmiga will co-star in undisclosed roles in THE SOPRANOS prequel movie.

RATCHED---Sharon Stone and Cynthia Nixon will co-star with Sarah Paulson in the Nurse Ratched prequel to ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST.

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE---Christopher McQuarrie will return to write and direct MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE 7 and 8 back-to-back.

PERRY MASON---Matthew Rhys (THE AMERICANS) will star in the HBO miniseries based on the novels. The original tv series starring Raymond Burr ran on CBS from 1957-1966.

PROJECT BLUE BOOK---the Robert Zemeckis UFO series drew 3.2 million viewers and had the most-watched ratings for a scripted cable series premiere for 2018/2019.

TRUE DETECTIVE---Season 3 ratings were very disappointing with the premiere drawing 1.4 million viewers. Season 2's premiere had 3.2 million, and Season 1's premiere had 2.3 million viewers. Creator Nic Pizzolatto said he has ideas for Season 4.

HALLOWEEN--producer Ryan Turek confirmed the fan theory that Dr. Sartain helped Michael escape, "Sartain orchestrated all of this. It's funny because we were talking about the roles and role-reversal. I always called Sartain the anti-Loomis. He was a doctor who came up under Loomis and who studied but his whole belief system and what he wanted to explore with Michael was obviously much different than what Loomis ever wanted. And then Laurie became Loomis in a way. She was the obsessive, crazed, gun-toting, "We need to get this evil off the streets" persona. But, yeah. I think what the answer you're looking for - did Sartain let him off the bus? And it's like, yeah. Absolutely."

UNCHARTED---Dan Trachtenberg (10 CLOVERFIELD LANE) will replace Shawn Levy as the director of the Tom Holland movie based on the vid4eo game.

HANNIBAL---Mads Mikkelsen said creator Bryan Fuller is still trying to resurrect the cancelled tv series, "I think there’s always new hope. I haven’t heard anything specific. I know Bryan is still working on some ideas where we can find a new home for this. I also have a strong feeling that everybody who was involved in it would gladly pick up the glove again if that happens".

JUST DANCE---Screen Gems movie underway based on the video game.

THE VILLAINESS---Robert Kirkman's Skybound Entertainment is developing a tv series remake of the South Korean movie about a female assassin.

KISS OF THE WOLF---tv series underway based on the novel.

SIX---tv series underway based on the graphic novel.

TRIVIA---ROMANCING THE STONE was a huge success in 1984 and launched the movie careers of Michael Douglas, cemented Kathleen Turner as a big movie star and was the first movie hit for director Robert Zemeckis. Zemeckis, who had been fired from COCOON, said ROMANCING THE STONE allowed him to make BACK TO THE FUTURE. The script was written by Diane Thomas, who was working as a waitress at the time.
Douglas was trying to be a movie leading man when ROMANCING THE STONE gave him the hit he needed. He showed his appreciation by buying a Porsche Carrera for Thomas, "As a gift to her, I bought her a Porsche, a new Porsche car. The difficult thing was the last time that I saw Diane was when she came over to show me the new car I got her...and three weeks later she got killed in the Porsche."

ROMANCING THE STONE was a big boost to the movie careers of Michael Douglas, Kathleen Turner and director Robert Zemeckis, who said ROMANCING THE STONE allowed him to make BACK TO THE FUTURE.

Douglas showed his appreciation to writer Diane Thomas, who was working as waitress while writing the script, by buying her a Porsche Carrera that she was killed in three weeks later in a car crash.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:47 pm

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 16

GHOSTBUSTERS 3---teaser trailer released for the Sony Pictures sequel to the original movies that starred Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd. Jason Reitman is the director/co-writer of this sequel to the original movies which were directed by his father, Ivan Reitman. It was not disclosed if the original cast is involved with the new sequel.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDnqiTuETkc

HIGH LIFE---trailer released for the sci fi movie starring Robert Pattinson.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtOwfo1ypOw

DUNE---Charlotte Rampling will play Reverend Mother Mohiam in the Denis Villeneuve remake movie.

JUMANJI: WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE---Danny Glover will co-star with Danny DeVito and Awkwafina in the sequel which returns Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart, Karen Gillan and Jack Black.

ON THE ROCKS---Bill Murray and Rashida Jones star in this Sofia Coppola movie about a young woman who reconnects with her playboy father in New York.

THE MANY SAINTS OF NEWARK---Corey Stoll and Billy Magnussen will co-star in THE SOPRANOS prequel movie.

BLACK WIDOW---Marvel Studios is reportedly thinking about making the Scarlett Johansson movie as a R-rated movie.

STOWAWAY---Toni Collette will co-star with Anna Kendrick in this sci fi movie about a stowaway who endangers a spaceship headed to Mars.

THE COURIER---Olga Kurylenko and Gary Oldman star in this movie about a courier who discovers the package she is delivering contains a bomb intended for a witness who will testify against a crime lord.

HOMECOMING---Julia Roberts will not return for Season 2, but she will remain as the executive producer.

CHANNEL ZERO--Syfy cancelled the series.

KISS OF THE WOLF---tv series underway based on the novel.

GRACE AND FRANKIE---Netflix renewed the series for Season 6.

TRIVIA---more BAND OF BROTHERS trivia.
In BAND OF BROTHERS, Michael Fassbender (PROMETHEUS, X-MEN) played Sgt. Pat Christenson.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:16 pm

THURSDAY, JANUARY 17

THE MAN WHO KILLED HITLER AND THEN THE BIGFOOT---trailer released for the movie starring Sam Elliot.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9hnQt-y5TU

JOHN WICK CHAPTER 3: PARABELLUM---trailer released for the sequel.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7p2uC7E5Rs

GHOSTBUSTERS 3---original cast members Dan Aykroyd and Ernie Hudson may have hinted they are interested in returning for the new sequel. Aykroyd tweeted, "You know who to call." Ernie Hudson tweeted, "This is bigger than a hundred-foot marshmallow man."

THE DEVIL ALL THE TIME---Netflix movie based on the novel stars Tom Holland, Chris Evans, Robert Pattinson, Bil Skarsgard and Mia Wasikowska.

THE WITCHES---Anne Hathaway will play the Grand High Witch in the Robert Zemeckis movie based on the Roald Dahl novel.

SPACE FORCE---Steve Carell and THE OFFICE creator Greg Daniels reunite for this Netflix workplace comedy series about people who develop the new Space Force military branch under President Trump's orders.

REBECCA AND QUINN GET SCARED---comedy horror movie underway about two New York women who open up a bed and breakfast in Maine and discover it is haunted.

VOYAGERS---sci fi movie underway about 30 children on a spaceship where they will help populate a distant planet. When the spaceship's captain is mysteriously killed, the children develop into a primitive tribal existence. Neil Burger (THE UPSIDE) is the writer/director.

TRIAL AND ERROR--NBC cancelled the series.

HEART OF DARKNESS---animated movie underway based on the Joseph Conrad novella.

TRIVIA---Charlton Heston and Linda Harrison appeared together in three PLANET OF THE APES movies: PLANET OF THE APES, BENEATH THE PLANET OF THE APES and the Tim Burton remake PLANET OF THE APES. Heston and Harrison also appeared together in a fourth movie, the franchise sequel AIRPORT 1975.

Charlton Heston and Linda Harrison in the classic PLANET OF THE APES.

Heston, Harrison and James Franciscus in BENEATH THE PLANET OF THE APES.

Heston as Zaius in Tim Burton's PLANET OF THE APES remake.

Harrison with Mark Wahlberg in the PLANET OF THE APES remake.

Heston with George Kennedy in AIRPORT 1975.

Harrison (as Augusta Summerland) with Gloria Swanson in AIRPORT 1975.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:20 pm

FRIDAY, JANUARY 18

GHOSTBUSTERS 3---sources claim the new sequel's lead characters will be two teenage boys and two teenage girls and the plot involves a, “family who moves back home to a small town…[and] learn[s] more about who they are and the secrets of the town itself.”

MONOPOLY---Kevin Hart is in negotiations to star in the Lionsgate/Hasbro movie based on the board game.
Also, Hart stars in FATHERHOOD, the Sony Pictures movie based on the Matt Logelin memoir in which he must raise his daughter Maddy alone after he wife died shortly after Maddy was born.

THE WALKING DEAD---synopsis released for the Season 9 mid-season premiere.

"The recent loss of their own drives the communities to band together. New leaders rise when a disturbing and dangerous threat is unmasked. An escaped captive revisits his past.
The second half of The Walking Dead: Season 9 finds our groups of survivors, both old and new, continuing to deal with the impact of events that took place during the six years that have passed. Since the disappearance of Rick, many of these characters have become strangers to each other, and in some ways, strangers to themselves. What they do know is that they are in undeniable danger. They will soon realize the world just beyond does not operate as they thought. The group’s rules and ways of survival no longer guarantee their safety. A whole new threat has crossed their paths, and they soon discover it’s unlike any threat they have encountered or endured before. The group will start to question what they think they see. What may appear to be normal in this post-apocalyptic world could actually be more disturbing and terrifying than when the apocalypse first broke out. All that is certain is the stakes are high and numerous."

FANTASY ISLAND---Michael Rooker (THE WALKING DEAD) will co-star in the movie based on the tv series that ran on ABC from 1977-1984.

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE---Christopher McQuarrie denied reports that he turned down offers to direct DC superhero movies in order to return to direct the next two MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE sequels, “The stories you’re reading are not accurate. That’s all I can say…. You should really assume nothing. Anything you hear or hope about DC is horses–t if you’re not hearing it from me.”
Also, Neil Daly, who ran test screenings for Warner Bros./DCEU, commented on the results, "When we did our test screenings, one of the questions on the surveys that we asked various sample audiences were rank the characters in the film. WONDER WOMAN stood at the top, AQUAMAN and FLASH were roughly neck and neck down the stretch - and it was more FLASH just because of his comic relief, his geeky comic relief type of thing - but women and men alike liked AQUAMAN, they liked Jason Momoa. ... [He] had universal appeal to both men and women as being a marketable commodity and BATMAN AND SUPERMAN fell way at the bottom of the list."

PENNY DREADFUL: CITY OF ANGELS---Daniel Zovatto (FEAR THE WALKING DEAD) will star in the Showtime supernatural sequel series as Tiago, the first Mexican-American LAPD detective in 1938 Los Angeles.

INTERROGATION---new CBS All Access true crime series starring Peter Sarsgaard in which each episode is based on an actual police interrogation of the suspect who was accused of murdering his mother.

THE KIMINSKY METHOD---Netflix renewed the series for Season 2.

TRIVIA---before he became famous as the voice of Darth Vader in STAR WARS, James Earl Jones had his first movie role as B-52 crewman Lt. Lothar Zogg in DR. STRANGELOVE.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Sony and Industry Related News