[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony Pictures

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:54 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony Pictures

Sony Pictures

The latest Sony related news and industry news as well.

Moderator: jttar

by SONYESP » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:39 pm

TUESDAY, DECEMBER 18

KINGDOM---trailer released for the Netflix South Korean zombie series.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l-yByZpaaM

BIRD BOX---photo released from the Netflix horror movie starring Sandra Bullock.

THE GREAT HIGH SCHOOL IMPOSTER---Ansel Elgort (BABY DRIVER) will star in this movie based on the true story of Ukrainian Artur Samarin who lied about his age and was adopted by an American foster family where he became an honors student. His family turned him in, accusing him of being a terrorist, when he refused to be their servant.

ELEMENTARY---CBS cancelled the series with the upcoming Season 7 being the last season.

HOBBS AND SHAW---Dwayne Johnson said Eiza Gonzalez will play Madame M in THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS spinoff movie.

THE WALKING DEAD---Pollyanna McIntosh said a fan theory that the zombie series is a coma dream of Rick Grimes is not true, "I’ve heard some great theories. I even had a theory from a fan the other day that it was a blood type, which is a very cool one. They had this idea that Rick’s been having a dream this whole time and that we’re paramedics asking him if he’s an A or a B for his blood type, isn’t that cool?"
She added, "And that really it’s just us standing over him and he’s created this whole coma dream. Which of course would be very DALLAS, and [Robert] Kirkman has already said that’s not the plan, so I can safely say that without ruining anything."

DOCTOR WHO---Season 11 with Jodie Whitaker had the highest series ratings since Season 10.

TRAITORS---Netflix six-part miniseries set in 1945 where a female British civil servant agrees to work for US intelligence and spy on England to prevent the government from drifting towards the Soviet Union.

BAMBI---a Missouri judge sentenced David Berry, Jr. to watch BAMBI once a month while he is serving a 12 month jail sentence after he was found guilty of deer poaching.

STARGIRL---Henry Thomas will play Dr. Mid-Nite in the DC Universe tv series.

TELL ME A STORY---CBS All Access renewed the series for Season 2.

THE TURN OF THE SCREW---Freeform tv series underway based on the Henry James novella in which a Mexican-American nanny for two children and their widowed father begins seeing ghosts in their house.

VAN HELSING---Syfy renewed the series for season 4.

THE CHILLING ADVENTURES OF SABRINA---Netflix renewed the series for Seasons 3 and 4.

LADY AND THE TRAMP---co-star Thomas Mann said the Walt Disney live-action remake will use real dogs and CGI to make their mouth movements realistic.

SKATEBOARDING---HBO untitled comedy series underway about New York female skateboarders in the male-dominated world of skateboarding.

TRIVIA---Jimmy Fallon appeared in the "Crossroads" episode of BAND OF BROTHERS. Fallon played 2nd Lt. George Rice who delivered ammo in a jeep to Easy Company as the paratroopers deployed for the Battle of the Bulge which began on December 16, 1944.
Fallon said, “That episode was directed by Tom Hanks, and I was so nervous. I had to just drive a jeep and and say my line, ‘Good luck, boys.’”
He added, “It’s a real WWII jeep, so you’ve got to, like, press the thing, put it in neutral … I don’t know how to drive. And I just say my line, and I’m supposed to look really heroic.
So I’m so nervous. There’s like 200 extras. So I drive, I hit my spot. I go, ‘Good luck, boys, and I forget to press the clutch, and these two dudes are pushing the car, and the wheels aren’t moving because the clutch isn’t in.
I don’t know how they made it work, but they made it work.”

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:32 pm

WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 19

AMERICA'S RICHEST CELEBRITIES---FORBES released its annual list of America's Ten Richest Celebrities for 2018.

1. George Lucas--$5.4 billion
2. Steven Spielberg--$3.7 billion
3. Oprah Winfrey--$2.8 billion
4. Michael Jordan--$1.7 billion
5. Kylie Jenner/Jay-Z--$900 million (tie)
6. David Copperfield--$874 million
7. Diddy--$825 million
8. Tiger Woods/James Patterson--$800 million (tie)

2018 HIGHEST-GROSSING MOVIES---the top ten highest-grossing movies based on domestic box office are:

1. BLACK PANTHER--$700 million
2. AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR--$678.8 million
3. INCREDIBLES 2--$608.5 million
4. JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM--$416.7 million
5. DEADPOOL 2--$318.4 million
6. THE GRINCH--$223.3 million
7. MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE-FALLOUT--$220.1 million
8. ANT-MAN AND THE WASP--$216.6 million
9. SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY--$213.7 million
10. VENOM--$212.7 million

DEADWOOD---photo released of Timothy Olyphant from the HBO movie finale.

THE WALKING DEAD---AMC released a synopsis for Season 9's return and artwork of Samantha Morton as Alpha, the leader of the Whisperers.

"The second half of “The Walking Dead” Season 9 finds our groups of survivors, both old and new, continuing to deal with the impact of events that took place during the six years that have passed. Since the disappearance of Rick, many of these characters have become strangers to each other, and in some ways, strangers to themselves. What they do know is that they are in undeniable danger. They will soon realize the world just beyond does not operate as they thought. The group’s rules and ways of survival no longer guarantee their safety. A whole new threat has crossed their paths, and they soon discover it’s unlike any threat they have encountered or endured before. The group will start to question what they think they see. What may appear to be normal in this post-apocalyptic world could actually be more disturbing and terrifying than when the apocalypse first broke out. All that is certain is the stakes are high and numerous."

ALADDIN---photo released from the Walt Disney Studios live-action remake movie starring Will Smith.

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA---Jay Basu (THE GIRL IN THE SPIDER'S WEB) is writing the script for the Universal Pictures movie based on the Glen A. Larson tv series.

DIE HARD 6---director Len Wiseman said the sequel will have a young John McClane meeting Holly McClane while he is working on a big case, and the present day McClane is working on the consequences of the original case. Producer Lorenzo Di Bonaventure commented on Holly returning, "I’m surprised Len has given that out. I would rather not [talk about Holly]. Maybe this is a way to answer it without answering that specifically. Part of what McClane is to get to know the mythology before the movies started. So that’s where we’re going to meet characters that we may know from before."

THE TERROR---George Takei will co-star and be a consultant in Season 2 of the AMC horror series set in a Japanese internment camp and the Pacific Theater during World War II.

VENOM---Todd McFarlane blamed ageing critics for the movie's poor reviews, "… the critics get it wrong in that they forget their age. They come in, and they’re 42 years old, and they come in with their attitude and they’re going, ‘Stop it.’ What if you were 16, 15, and you were watching this movie? You would love it… Of course you would love it. This thing delivered everything it was supposed to. It was gnarly, it was nasty, it has a big cool Venom, which was what I was looking for. [That] was my bias – I just wanted to see the visualness of Venom that I had created 30 years prior.”

LUTHER---creator Neil Cross said a theatrical movie is underway based on the BBC series starring Idris Elba, “It will be more murder, more Volvos, more frowning Luther… essentially we just want to try to take it to a much bigger audience and scale, and perhaps international as well.”

MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE---Brigitte Nielsen had a cameo in CREED II, and said she wants to follow it by being a Marvel villain, "I want to scream out to everybody, 'I am part of the Marvel universe!' I love the Marvel characters and I want to be back."
She added, "I see myself in another Marvel story playing the villain where I can just kick butt and just totally scare the crap out of all of you. But I'll take anything. I feel like there's a lot of excitement with a villain. You can go many, many places. If you're the good person, you better be good. It's good to be bad."

RASHOMON---Amblin Television 10-part miniseries underway based on the classic 1950 Akira Kurosawa movie is underway.

A NAKED SINGULARITY---John Boyega is in talks to star in this movie based on the novel about a cynical public defender.

TRIVIA---among the cameos for BEVERLY HILL COP III were special effects pioneer Ray Harryhausen (THE BEAST FROM 20,000 FATHOMS), director Arthur Hiller (LOVE STORY) and songwriter Robert B. Sherman, who wrote the sequel's 'Wonderworld" song with his brother, Richard.

BEVERLY HILLS COP III cameos include (in order, to the right of the woman in blue) special effects pioneer Ray Harryhausen, director Arthur Hiller and songwriter Robert B. Sherman.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:05 pm

THURSDAY, DECEMBER 20

HELLBOY---trailer released for the reboot movie starring David Harbour.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt5g5_1cKVk&t=6s

MEN IN BLACK: INTERNATIONAL---trailer released for the reboot movie.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV-WEb2oxLk

JOHN WICK: CHAPTER 3---sequel photo shows Keanu Reeves and Halle Berry.

HARVEY---Netflix movie underway based on the 1950 Jimmy Stewart movie about a man with a maybe-imaginary six foot-tall rabbit as his friend.

CATCH-22---photos released from the Hulu six-part miniseries based on the novel and stars George Clooney, Christopher Abbott, Kyle Chandler and Hugh Laurie.

NOS4A2---photo from the AMC horror series shows Zachary Quinto starring as Charlie Manx who feeds on children's souls.

THE MANDALORIAN---Nick Nolte will reportedly provide the voice and facial movements using an animatronic mask for a "small woman" on the STAR WARS tv series.

SHAFT---photo released shows Samuel L. Jackson, Richard Roundtree and Jessie T. Usher starring in the reboot of the 1971 movie.

I AM STILL ALIVE---Ben Affleck stars in this movie based on the novel about a teenage girl and her father's dog who stranded in the Canadian wilderness.

GUARDIAN OF THE GALAXY VOL. 3---Adam McKay said he and Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige talked about McKay directing VOL. 3 and INHUMANS, "We've talked a little bit. Yeah. We were kicking around the idea of the INHUMANS at one point. We're always kind of talking. I think Feige is just the greatest and what they're doing is amazing."

PIRATE OF THE CARIBBEAN---Walt Disney live-action movie head Sean Bailey confirmed Johnny Depp will not be returning for the reboot movie.

RAY DONOVAN---Showtime renewed the series for Season 7.

UNCHARTED---Shawn Levy has left the movie to direct FREE GUY starring Ryan Reynolds.

VIRGIN RIVER---Alexandra Breckenridge, Tim Matheson, Annette O'Toole and Martin Henderson star in this Netflix romance series underway based on the Robyn Carr novels.

ESCAPE ROOM---movie about six strangers who must escape from a deadly hi-tech room.

ELEANOR OLYPHANT IS COMPLETELY FINE---Reese Witherspoon is the producer and possibly the star of this movie based on the novel.

THAT'S WHAT THEY SAID---tv series underway based on the book THAT'S WHAT I SAID: WHAT MEN NEED TO KNOW (AND WOMEN NEED TO TELL THEM).

TRIVIA---Julie Adams starred in the classic monster movie THE CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON. Adams also starred in the PERRY MASON episode "The Case of the Deadly Verdict" in which she played Mason's only client to be found guilty and sentenced to death in the show's nine-year run on CBS (however, at the end of the episode, Mason shows someone else committed the murder).

Julie Adams starred in the classic THE CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON.

In the PERRY MASON episode "The Case of the Deadly Verdict", Adams played Mason's only client to be found guilty and sentenced to death in the show's nine-year run on CBS.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:31 pm

FRIDAY, DECEMBER 21

PREDATOR HOLIDAY SPECIAL---20th Century Fox animated short film.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVrRjt69lhU

THE WALKING DEAD---trailer released for Season 9's "The Whisperers".

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoX3Tnwm9Qk

THE ORVILLE---trailer released for Season 2.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5eRsVh150I

HIGHEST-PAID COMEDIANS---FORBES released its annual list of highest-paid comedians.

1. Jerry Seinfeld--$57.5 million
2. Kevin Hart--$57 million
3. Dave Chapelle--$35 million
4. Chris Rock--$30 million
5. Ricky Gervais--$25 million
6. Gabriel Iglesias--$20.5 million
7. Terry Fator--$18 million
8. Jim Gaffigan--$17.5 million
9. Jeff Dunham--$16.5 million
10.Sebastian Maniscalco--$15 million

Kathy Griffin tweeted her reply to the FORBES list: "No Women".

STAR WARS: EPISODE IX---Natalie Portman denied rumors that she will return as Padme Amidala, "Really? I don't know anything about that. I'm guessing that's not true because I don't know about it yet."

TERRIFIED---Guillermo del Toro is the producer of the US remake of the Argentinian horror movie ATERRADOS in which a doctor, colleague and an ex-cop investigate a paranormal incident which leads to a horror-filled discovery.

LA'S FINEST---photo released of the BAD BOYS spinoff tv series starring Gabrielle Union and Jessica Alba on the Spectrum Network.

BEVERLY HILLS 90210---tv reboot underway with Jenny Garth, Tori Spelling, Jason Priestly, Ian Ziering, Brian Austin Green, and Gabrielle Carteris returning as "exaggerated versions of themselves". Luke Perry and Shannen Doherty were not listed as returning.

TRIVIA---the 1951 movie THE TANKS ARE COMING was based on the true story of Sgt. Lafayette Pool, the top US tank ace of World War II who had 258 confirmed kills in only 84 days. Pool was nicknamed "War Daddy" and was the inspiration for Brad Pitt's "War Daddy" in FURY.
THE TANKS ARE COMING co-starred George O'Hanlon as Sgt. Tucker, the M4 Sherman's dtiver. O'Hanlon is better known as the voice of George Jetson on THE JETSONS animated tv series. O'Hanlon's cousin, Virginia O'Hanlon was the subject of the classic newspaper editorial, "Yes Virginia, There is a Santa Claus".

THE TANKS ARE COMING is based on top US tank ace Sgt. Lafayette Pool, "War Daddy", who inspired Brad Pitt's "War Daddy" in FURY.

THE TANKS ARE COMING co-star George O'Hanlon (right) is better known as the voice of George Jetson on THE JETSONS.

O'Hanlon's cousin, Virginia O'Hanlon, was the subject of the classic newspaper editorial, "Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus".

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:29 pm

MONDAY, DECEMBER 24

STAR WARS: EPISODE IX---John Boyega said EPISODE IX is set about a year after THE LAST JEDI.
Also, SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY co-writer Jon Kasdan tweeted on December 21 that the movie's premiere in May instead of before Christmas may have led to the movie's poor showing, "Hard not to wonder how Solo might've faired if it had come out tonight." THE FORCE AWAKENS, THE LAST JEDI and ROGUE ONE premiered during holidays and drew over $4 billion.

ALIEN---the official ALIEN Instagram page has new artwork which hints at an expansion of the ALIEN franchise in 2019, the 40th anniversary of the franchise.
The artwork captions, some under the hashtag of Amanda Ripley, Ellen Ripley's daughter, say Weyland-Yutani has a secret orbiting laboratory where humans are being used as hosts to develop Alien larvae. Weyland-Yutani's private military spacecraft then drop the larvae on a Weyland-Yutani colony, killing the colonists. It concludes with, "Day 6: It’s a nightmare. They have infested and destroyed the Weyland-Yutani colony below. Killing all of the facility’s personnel. We have to expose this. I know they’ll try to discredit me. Or worse. Tell someone — before they do this to anyone else."
It is speculated the artwork is a teaser for the upcoming ALIEN: RESISTANCE comic book. However, it also may hint at the rumored ALIEN tv series which may premiere during the 40th anniversary.

JOHN WICK: CHAPTER 3---sequel photo released shows Angelica Huston as the Director of the High Table.

WELCOME TO MARWEN---the movie premiere drew only $2.4 million at 1,911 theaters which is a career-low for Robert Zemeckis and Steve Carell. The movie is projected to lose $50 million.

Z NATION---Syfy cancelled the series.

NBC---the network cancelled MIDNIGHT, TEXAS and MARLON.

TRESPASSER---movie underway based on the graphic novel. Jason Fuchs (WONDER WOMAN) will write the script.

TRIVIA---more James Bond movie trivia.
In HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE, the Christmas song "Do You Know How Christmas Trees Are Grown?" is sung by "Nina", who is Danish actress and singer Nina van Pallandt.
Van Pallandt co-starred in movies including AMERICAN GIGOLO and THE LONG GOODBYE.
She was the girlfriend of author Clifford Irving, who received a prison sentence for his infamous Howard Hughes autobiography hoax.

Nina van Pallandt sang "Do You Know How Christmas Trees Are Grown?" in ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE, the first James Bond movie starring George Lazenby (replacing Sean Connery) and Diana Rigg. The song was composed by John Barry with lyrics by Hal David.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzpBwdUcpA4

Van Pallandt co-starred in AMERICAN GIGOLO with Richard Gere and THE LONG GOODBYE with Elliott Gould.

Van Pallandt was the girlfriend of author Clifford Irving, who was sentenced to prison for his infamous Howard Hughes autobiography hoax.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:48 pm

FRIDAY, DECEMBER 28

CAPTAIN MARVEL---new tv spot released for the Brie Larson movie.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_JGZTlUbZg

THE ABC MURDERS---trailer released for the Amazon Prime three-part miniseries starring John Malkovich as Hercule Poirot.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwh09s7xLVg&t=23s

TOP 10 MOVIES OF 2018---Screenrant.com's editors picked their ten favorite movies of 2018.

1. MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE-FALLOUT
2. SPIDER-MAN: INTO THE UNIVERSE
3. ANNIHILATION
4. BLACK PANTHER
5. VENOM
6. A QUIET PLACE
7. BUMBLEBEE
8. EIGHTH GRADE
9. WIDOWS
10.UPGRADE

WORST FILMS of 2018---Metacritic released its worst films of 2018 based on aggregate scores.

1. DEATH OF A NATION (1/100)
2. LONDON FIELDS (16/100)
3. THE VANISHING OF SYDNEY HALL (18)
4. REPRISAL (19)
5. LIFE ITSELF (21)
6. THE CLAPPER (21)
7. 211(21)
8. DARK CRIMES (24)
9. GOTTI (24)
10. STRATTON (26)
11. HELL FEST (26)
12. TERMINAL (27)
13. THE HAPPYTIME MURDERS (27)
14. WINCHESTER (28)
15. PEPPERMINT (29)

THE MANDALORIAN---Jon Favreau posted a photo announcing the IG-88 assassin droid from THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK will appear in the new tv series.

STAR WARS: EPISODE IX---Carrie Fisher's brother, Todd, commented on Leia footage in EPISODE IX, “There’s a lot of minutes of footage. I don’t mean just outtakes. This is unused, new content that could be woven into the storyline. That’s what’s going to give everybody such a great kick. It’s going to look like it was meant to be. Like it was shot yesterday.”

SHAZAM!---photo released for the superhero movie starring Zachary Levi and Mark Strong as Doctor Sivana.

HELLBOY---David Harbour said the R-rated reboot movie will have a lot of gore, “There’s really a sense that you’re actually killing things, even if they are giants or monsters. You’re chopping their heads off, you’re bathing in their blood and you’re feeling the complex feelings of actually cutting the heart out of another thing. We’re taking the time to deal with the fact that Hellboy is a killer. He’s a weapon.”
Also a new photo shows Harbour and Ian McShane.

BIRD BOX---Sandra Bullock said the creature was to be shown, but was rejected because it looked silly, "It was a green man with a horrific baby face. It was snake-like, and I was like, ‘I don’t want to see it when it first happens. Just bring it into the room. We’ll shoot the scene.’ I turn and he’s like this [growling at me.] It’s making me laugh. It was just a long fat baby.”

A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD--is the official title for the Mr. Rogers biomovie starring Tom Hanks as Fred Rogers.

TRIVIA--the latest in a series on BAND OF BROTHERS.
David Schwimmer played Capt. Herbert Sobel, Easy Company's original commanding officer. Simon Pegg played Sgt. William Evans, Sobel's first sergeant. Sgt. Evans was killed in action when his C-47 Skytrain was shot down on D-Day as depicted in the second episode, "Day of Days".

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:47 pm

MONDAY, DECEMBER 31

CROSSBREED---trailer released for the sci fi movie starring Vivica A. Fox and Daniel Baldwin.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiiUoUqaZ1k

HIGHEST-GROSSING MOVIES---the top 15 highest-grossing movies of 2018 (to date).

1. AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR--$2.05 billion
2. BLACK PANTHER--$1.35 billion
3. JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM--$1.3 billion
4. INCREDIBLES 2--$1.2 billion
5. VENOM--$855 million
6. MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE-FALLOUT--$791 million
7. AQUAMAN--$748 million
8. DEADPOOL 2--$735 million
9. BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY---$702 million
10.FANTASTIC BEASTS: CRIMES OF GRINDEWALD--$627 million
11.ANT-MAN AND THE WASP--$622 million
12.READY PLAYER ONE--$582 million
13.OPERATION RED SEA--$579 million
14.DETECTIVE CHINATOWN--$544 million
15.THE MEG--$530 million

TOP 12 MOVIES---Guillermo del Toro posted his top 12 movies of 2018.

"'Top 12 I have seen this year. Some yet to see. In no order.
“Roma”
“You Were Never Really Here”
"Ballad of Buster Scruggs"
“Leave No Trace”
"At the Gates of Eternity"
“The Rider”
“First Man”
“Sorry to Bother You”
“Killing” (Tsukamoto)
“The Favourite”
“Mandy”
“First Reformed”'

THE PREDATOR---VFX artist Yuki Everson posted that the sequel had three alternate endings, "We shot 3 different endings for #thepredator, all variations of a "Predator Killer". This unused ending was Predator Killer Ripley wearing the breather mask we created for the film. You can see her name tag there on her costume. Breanna Watkins played Ripley under the mask instead of Sigourney Weaver. The moving "fingers" and "tail" were deemed too facehugger-like on the day and were cut and removed by someone..."

ZOMBIELAND 2---Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd will reportedly play themselves in cameos for the sequel, although Murray was killed off in the original movie.

BACK TO THE FUTURE---Robert Zemeckis commented on a recent fan poll which said they want a sequel, "But I think what the poll is saying… they asked a specific question, so I guess they felt it was important to spend money to poll the world and ask this question, but don’t you think we could all have just given them the same answer? It confirms what we all know, but what I think the fans are really saying is that we really like this movie and if it were possible I’d like more of it. But they understand that it can’t be done."

BIRD BOX---the Netflix sci fi movie drew over 45 million viewers which made it Netflix's most-watched movie in its seven-day viewing period.

YOUR NAME---writer Eric Heisserer (ARRIVAL, BIRD BOX) said the US remake of the anime will be Westernized because the original's rights owners want a Westernized version.

TRIVIA---more James Bond movie trivia.
NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN was Sean Connery's last James Bond movie. The movie's original working title was JAMES BOND OF THE SECRET SERVICE. The title was changed when Connery's wife, Micheline, suggested, NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN, after Connery had vowed that DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER would be his last Bond movie. The movie's end credits state, '"Title "Never Say Never Again" by: Micheline Connery"'.

Sean Connery and Kim Basinger starred in NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN, Connery's last James Bond movie.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:59 pm

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 2

KINGDOM---new trailer released for the Netflix South Korean zombie series.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bmhqw0F3q-g

THE DRONE---trailer released for the horror-comedy movie about a serial killer drone.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZMNcLHsk_c

A QUIET PLACE 2---John Krasinski commented on the sequel, “The beauty of it is that it’s the expansion of a world. Most sequels are about the return of a villain or a hero, and you have to build a totally new story around your favorite hero or favorite villain. [With this sequel], we actually have the world to deal with. The world is actually the star of the movie. So, this set of circumstances – how the rest of the world is dealing with this apocalyptic tragedy – is the fun of it then. That’s what drew me back.”
He added, “So here I am now writing it and we’ll see if I end up directing it. But it’s an entertaining idea because I think for me, the cool part about this is, that it doesn’t feel like a sequel.”

MOST ANTICIPATED MOVIES---imdb and Fandango released their lists of most anticipated movies for 2019.

imdb:

1. CAPTAIN MARVEL
2. AVENGERS: ENDGAME
3. DARK PHOENIX
4. ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD
5. THE IRISHMAN
6. IT: CHAPTER TWO
7. GLASS
8. JOKER
9. ALADDIN
10.HELLBOY

Fandango:

1. AVENGERS: ENDGAME
2. CAPTAIN MARVEL
3. STAR WARS: EPISODE IX
4. SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME
5. TOY STORY 4
6. GLASS
7. THE LION KING
8. ALADDIN
9. DUMBO
10. JOKER

ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY---the ROGUE ONE untitled prequel tv series starring Diego Luna as Cassian Andor starts production in October, 2019 for the Disney+ streaming service.

MOST PIRATED TV SERIES---Torrentfreak released its annual list of the most pirated tv series for 2018.

1. THE WALKING DEAD
2. THE FLASH
3. THE BIG BANG THEORY
4. VIKINGS
5. TITANS
6. ARROW
7. SUPERNATURAL
8. WESTWORLD
9. LEGENDS OF TOMORROW
10.SUITS

DOCTOR WHO---showrunner Chris Chibnall replied to fan's request for classic monsters from the past should return, “Well, maybe we’ll do some [classic monsters], then. I’ll have a think.”

RIPLEY'S BELIEVE IT OR NOT!---Bruce Campbell is the host of a reboot of the reality tv series on the Travel Channel in 2019.

TRIVIA---HUSTLE starred Burt Reynolds and Catherine Deneuve. In the movie's conclusion, Lt. Phil Gaines (Reynolds) is on his way to the airport to reconcile with Nicole Britton (Deneuve) when he is killed in a convenience store hold-up by Robert Englund (A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET).

HUSTLE starred Burt Reynolds and Catherine Deneuve.

Lt. Gaines is on his way to reconcile with Nicole when his is killed in a convenience store hold-up by Robert Englund.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:50 pm

THURSDAY, JANUARY 3

CLOSE---trailer released for the Netflix movie starring Noomi Rapace as Sam, a counter-terrorist expert, who must escort an heiress to safety.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWKsiHEpiJM

ARCTIC---trailer released for the survival movie starring Mads Mikkelsen.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5aD9ppoQIo

STRANGER THINGS---Netflix announced that Season 3 will premiere on July 4.

STAR TREK: DISCOVERY---posters released for Season 2.

GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS---new sequel photo shows King Ghidora.

BIRD BOX---Netflix is asking fans not to indulge in "Bird Box Challenges" where blindfolded people engage in tasks which might lead to accidents, “PLEASE DO NOT HURT YOURSELVES WITH THIS BIRD BOX CHALLENGE". We don’t know how this started, and we appreciate the love, but Boy and Girl have just one wish for 2019 and it is that you not end up in the hospital due to memes.”
Blindfolded participants included a blindfolded man holding a baby who walked into a wall and blindfolded people trying to drive.

BATWOMAN---CW pilot underway starring Ruby Rose as the lesbian superhero. David Nutter (ARROW) is the director.

DARBY HOLLAND---tv series underway based on the novel series.

TRIVIA---THE WOLF OF WALL STREET uses the f-word 506 times which is an average of 2.81 times per minute and is a Guinness World Record.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:08 pm

FRIDAY, JANUARY 4

CAPTAIN MARVEL---photo shows Captain Marvel in her Kree armor and mohawk.

DUMBO---photo released of Colin Farrell starring in the remake movie.

HELLBOY---photo released of David Harbour in the reboot movie.

JUMANJI 3---Awkwafina (CRAZY RICH ASIANS) is in negotiations to join the sequel cast of Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart, Karen Gillan and Jack Black.

ROCKET MAN---photo released of Taron Egerton starring in the Elton John biomovie.

FEAR THE WALKING DEAD---Austin Amelio (Dwight) is joining the cast of the spinoff series.

VIKINGS---the History channel announced the upcoming Season 6 will be the last season. A sequel series is being discussed.

SIMULTANEOUS---Hulu tv series underway based on the short story by Eric Heisserer (ARRIVAL, BIRD BOX) described as a, “cerebral detective thriller involving regenerative past lives.”

STARTALK---National Geographic Channel has pulled the show pending its investigation into allegations of sexual misconduct against astrophysicist Neill deGrasse Tyson.

SIMPLY HALSTON---Ewan McGregor will star in this tv miniseries about the rise and fall of celebrity fashion designer Halston.

TRIVIA---character actor Jack Kehoe betrayed Robert De Niro in two movies. Kehoe played sleazy assistant bail bondsman Jerry Geisler, who betrayed De Niro (Jack Walsh) in MIDNIGHT RUN. Kehoe played Al Capone's chief bookkeeper Walter Payne, who betrayed De Niro (Capone) in THE UNTOUCHABLES.
Also, character actor Robert Miranda played a gangster who gets his just deserts in both movies.

Jack Kehoe played sleazy assistant bail bondsman Jerry Geisler, who betrayed Robert De Niro in MIDNIGHT RUN.

Kehoe played Al Capone's chief bookkeeper Walter Payne, who betrayed De Niro (Capone) in THE UNTOUCHABLES.

Robert Miranda played a gangster who gets his just deserts in MIDNIGHT RUN and THE UNTOUCHABLES.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Sony and Industry Related News