[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony Pictures

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:26 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony Pictures

Sony Pictures

The latest Sony related news and industry news as well.

Moderator: jttar

by SONYESP » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:09 pm

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 4

THE MULE---trailer released for the movie starring Clint Eastwood, Bradley Cooper and Laurence Fishburne.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbXXKs0Td4Y

THE MANDALORIAN---Jon Favreau posted details of the live-action STAR WARS tv series, “After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.”
The series premieres on the Disney streaming service in late 2019.

HOBBS AND SHAW---Dwayne Johnson posted a photo of himself and Jason Statham in the FAST AND FURIOUS spinoff movie.

JAWS---Richard Dreyfuss wants the classic Steven Spielberg movie to be rereleased with a CGI shark to replace the often-lampooned mechanical shark, "Bruce", “I think they should do it, it would be huge and it would open up the film to younger people. Is that blasphemy? No, no, I don’t think so. The technology now could make the shark look as good as the rest of the movie.”

JAMES BOND---Hollywood agent Michael Ovitz, in his memoir, WHO IS MICHAEL OVITZ?, said he met with client Michael Jackson in a restaurant where Jackson said he wanted to play James Bond, "As he talked, his hat fell into the guacamole in front of him, and he picked it out and put it back on - unfortunately, with a blob of guacamole attached, which began to slide down the brim. (Fellow former agent) Ron Meyer tapped my leg to draw my attention to it, and we all watched in horrified fascination as it slid lower and lower while Michael was pitching us hard on how he was America's next action hero.
Then the blob fell off, and Ron totally lost it. I cracked up, too, and Michael stalked out."
Ovitz added, "I went and found him and explained for fifteen minutes that we hadn't been laughing at him, but at the incident...Finally, Michael's face cleared. 'Okay, Ovitz. Okay,' he said. 'But I want to play James Bond.' I am proud to report I didn't laugh, this time."
Ovitz convinced 007 wasn't the right role for him, "You're thinly built, you're too sensitive, you won't be credible as a block of stone. You'd be great at it, of course, but it'd be bad for you."

DEATH ON THE NILE---Armie Hammer will co-star with Gal Gadot in the sequel to MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS.

EL TONTO---Kate Beckinsale, John Malkovich, Edie Falco and Jason Sudeikis are in talks to co-star with Charlie Day in this movie about a deaf mute who travels to Los Angeles and becomes a top Hollywood celebrity.

BIRDS OF PREY---Rosie Perez will play lesbian Gotham detective Renee Montoya in the Margot Robbie movie.

MEGA MAN---movie underway based on the video game. Henry Joost and Ariel Schulman are the writer/directors.

LILO & STITCH---live-action remake underway of the 2002 Walt Disney Pictures animated movie.

BROOKLYN NINE-NINE---Chelsea Peretti announced she is leaving the series, but she might return as a guest star.

LETHAL WEAPON---Damon Wayans said he is leaving the series after Season 3 by joking, that he is, "getting too old for this."

TITANS---DC Universe renewed the series for Season 2.

DOOM PATROL---Matt Bomer will provide the voice for Negative Man.

LODGE 49---AMC renewed the series for Season 2.

TRIVIA---Candy Clark starred in the classic AMERICAN GRAFFITI, but is almost unrecognizable as newspaper secretary Carol Fisher in ZODIAC, the movie about the Zodiac Killer.

Candy Clark and Charles Martin Smith in AMERICAN GRAFFITI.

Clark, as newspaper secretary Carol Fisher, opens a letter from the Zodiac Killer in ZODIAC.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:35 pm

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 5

OVERLORD---new trailer released for the JJ Abrams D-Day zombie movie.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNrQBHp6mxI

AQUAMAN---extended video released for the Jason Momoa movie.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaWnLiffxJ4&t=49s

THE MANDALORIAN---first official photo released from the STAR WARS tv series. Season 1 directors will be Dave Filoni, Taka Waititi, Bryce Dallas Howard, Rick Famuyiwa and Deborah Chow.

PET SEMETARY---photos released from the Paramount Pictures remake of the 1992 Stephen King horror movie shows Jason Clarke, John Lithgow and the resurrected cat.

KNIVES OUT---Daniel Craig and Chris Evans star in this "red-hot murder mystery". Rian Johnson is the writer/director.

GRETEL AND HANSEL---Sophia Lillis (IT) stars in this reimagined movie based on the Brother Grimm fairy tale in which a girl leads her younger brother in search of food and shelter and discovers something evil and wicked.

THE KID WHO WOULD BE KING---photo released from the reimagined King Arthur movie set in present day England in which sorceress Morgana (Rebecca Ferguson) wakes up after centuries of dormancy to seek Excalibur and conquer England. Joe Cornish is the writer/director.

KRYPTON---photo released of villain mercenary Lobo (Emmett J. Scanlan) from Season 2.

THE WALKING DEAD---Robert Kirkman commented on the future of the series after Andrew Lincoln (Rick Grimes) leaves, "It's a deep bench on THE WALKING DEAD show. I know we're all upset over the loss of Carl and equally upset over what's going to happen with Rick. But we all still love Michonne, Carol and all the other characters. Negan's still around. There's a lot of great stuff coming. Those changes, while they bring us further from the comic, aren't going to limit us from adapting stories from the comic. You're still getting the Whisperers this season, and it's spectacular. There are some creepy, intense moments coming from the comic. There's a lot to be excited about."

THE CONNERS---Justin Long (LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD) will play Darlene's love interest on the spinoff tv series.

RECURSION---Shonda Rimes and Matt Reeves are developing a Netflix movie/tv series based on the upcoming sci fi novel about a female scientist who invents a technology that allows people to reinvent their memory and rewrite their lives.

LODGE 49---AMC renewed the series for Season 2.

MY LIFE ON THE ROAD---Gloria Steinem biomovie underway based on her memoir. Julianne Moore will play Steinem in the present. Alicia Vikander is in talks to play Steinem from 20-40.

TRIVIA---in Alfred Hitchcock's THE MAN WHO NEW TOO MUCH, Doris Day originally refused to sing the song "Que Sera Sera" because it was a, "forgettable children's song". She later said, “the first time somebody told me it was going to be in the movie, I thought, ‘Why?’ ... I didn’t think it was a good song.” The song won the Academy Award for Best Song, was the biggest hit of her career and became her signature song.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQW6hZLLxV8

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:21 pm

MONDAY, OCTOBER 8

STAR TREK: DISCOVERY---trailer released for Season 2.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6eoD9rQHL4&t=6s

LITTLE DRUMMER GIRL---trailer released for the BBC/AMC miniseries.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GZZ0oXsuQQ

BARBIE---Margot Robbie is in talks to star in the Warner Bros./Mattel movie based on the Mattel doll.

JOHN WICK: CHAPTER 3---new photo released of John Wick on horseback. Director Chad Stahelski commented on the sequel, “Horses, dogs, cats, a raven, a bunch of pigeons, a motorcycle chase, car chase, Halle Berry, Laurence Fishburne, Ian McShane, Lance Reddick, shotguns, and ninjas.”

DOCTOR WHO---the premiere which starred Jodie Whitaker as the first female Doctor Who drew 8.2 million viewers. The Peter Capaldi premiere had 6.8 million viewers, and the Matt Smith premiere drew 8 million viewers.

JAMES BOND---producer Barbara Broccoli commented on the possibility of a female James Bond, “Bond is male. He’s a male character. He was written as a male and I think he’ll probably stay as a male. And that’s fine. We don’t have to turn male characters into women. Let’s just create more female characters and make the story fit those female characters.”
She added, “[People] reference those early movies. It was written in the 50s, so there’s certain things in [Bond’s] DNA that are probably not gonna change. But look at the way the world has changed. And I think Bond has come through and transformed with the times. I’ve tried to do my part, and I think particularly with the Daniel [Craig] films, they’ve become much more current in terms of the way women are viewed.”

STAR TREK---Wil Wheaton commented on if he would like to return as Wesley Crusher for the untitled Jean-Luc Picard STAR TREK series starring Patrick Stewart, “I think it is very unlikely they will ask me to participate in it. I mean, I think it is just extraordinarily unlikely that will happen. If they did, I would say ‘yes,’ of course. I think all of us would say ‘yes.’ I think all of us if we were given the opportunity to put on the spacesuits again and go work together and bring those characters back, as they would be thirty years later, we would all say ‘yes.’ And I don’t think it’s because we want the work. I don’t think it’s because we need the money. I don’t think it’s because we don’t have other things to do. It’s because we love each other so much and an opportunity, even for a day, to return emotionally to some of the best times of our lives, I think that we would jump at that opportunity.”

THE WALKING DEAD---Season 9 cameos include Scott Wilson (who just died), Sonequa Martin-Green and Jon Bernthal.

GEORGE ROMERO---the widow of George Romero, Suzanne Desroher-Romero, said the horror writer had about 40-50 unfinished screenplays before his death, “George was a prolific writer. He loved to write, and we have 40, 50 scripts that he’s written, and a lot of it is very good. He had a lot to say, and he still does, because I’m gonna make sure that he does. It’s my mission.”
She added that he also left an unfinished novel, ROAD OF THE DEAD, and an unfinished 1973 movie, “We’re gonna restore it, and we’re gonna show it to Romero cinephiles. It’s a scary movie, but it’s not a horror movie, and it’s about ageism. Anyway, he has a cameo in it, and it’ll be fun. And we’ll show the movie, or get it distributed. It’ll be a project that the foundation’s gonna do. I think it’s the first project we’re gonna do actually.”

RAISED BY WOLVES---Ridley Scott is the director/producer of this TNT sci fi series underway in which wolves raise a colony of human children on a mysterious planet which leads to turmoil.

THE ADVENTURES OF TINTIN---Peter Jackson commented on the status of the sequel, “I’m intending to [make it]. I’ve got gotta get the script written, but I’m certainly hoping to get another Tintin film, one which I’ve directed. This one, Steven [Spielberg] would produce. It’s within the next year or two, I would hope. I mean, there’s nothing happening this very second, but it does literally need me to sit down and develop a script for it. So probably in the new year, I’ll try to do that.”

THE LOUDEST VOICE IN THE ROOM---Naomi Watts will play Gretchen Carlson, who was the first woman to claim sexual harassment by Roger Ailes, the founder of Fox News, in the Showtime eight-part miniseries.

RIVERDALE---Gina Gershon will play Jughead's mother, who owns a salvage yard/chop shop which is also a Serpent compound.

TRIVIA---more James Bond movie trivia.
In THUNDERBALL, Rik Van Nutter played CIA agent Felix Leiter. Van Nutter was married to Swedish actress Anita Ekberg (LA DOLCE VITA). In FROM RUSSIA FROM LOVE, a Russian assassin emerges from Ekberg's mouth on a large movie poster of CALL ME BWANA which was produced by the James Bond producers of Harry Saltzman and Cubby Broccoli.

In THUNDERBALL, Rik Van Nutter played CIA agent Felix Leiter.

Van Nutter was married to Anita Ekberg, who starred in Federico Fellini's classic LA DOLCE VITA).

In FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE, a Russian assassin emerges from Ekberg's mouth on a large movie poster of CALL ME BWANA which was produced by the James Bond producers of Harry Saltzman and Cubby Broccoli.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:45 pm

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 9

ALIEN---an anonymous source claims the tv series based on the Ridley Scott movie franchise has been picked up by an unnamed streaming service. The tv series was supposedly set for the 40th anniversary of the original movie in 2019.

ALIEN 5---Neill Blomkamp posted a photo showing the model of a four-armed Xenomorph from his cancelled sequel.

RAMBO 5: LAST BLOOD---Paz Vega (THE OA) will play reporter Carmen Delgado, who teams up with Rambo, to save her younger half-sister who was kidnapped by a Mexican drug cartel.

IRONBARK---Benedict Cumberbatch and Rachel Brosnahan will star in the movie about Greville Wynne, a British MI6 agent, and Soviet double agent GRU Col. Oleg Penkovsky, who helped end the Cuban Missile Crisis.

STAR TREK: DISCOVERY---Rebecca Romijn posted a photo of her starring as Number One with Anson Mount playing Capt. Christopher Pike. Majel Barrett-Roddenberry, Gene Roddenberry's wife, was the original Number One.

FANTASY ISLAND---Michael Pena will play Mr. Roarke in the movie based on the tv series that ran on ABC from 1977-1984. Ricardo Montalban was the original Roarke.

KNIVES OUT---Michael Shannon is in talks to co-star with Daniel Craig and Chris Evans in the Rian Johnson murder mystery movie.

WORLD WAR Z 2---producer Dede Gardner said the sequel will start filming in June, 2019.

THE LORD OF THE RINGS---Peter Jackson confirmed he is not involved in the upcoming Amazon tv series, “I was a guy who didn’t get to see THE LORD OF THE RINGS like everybody else because I had to make it, so I’m looking forward to seeing somebody else’s take on the Tolkien world.”

THE WALKING DEAD---the Season 9 premiere drew only 6.1 million viewers, the lowest audience since the Season 1 premiere with 5.4 million viewers.

THE MANDALORIAN---a rumor said Taika Waititi and Bryce Dallas Howard will not only direct an episode of the STAR WARS tv series, but might have minor roles.

THE ORVILLE---executive producer Jason Clark said astrophysicist Neill deGrasse Tyson is a science advisor on the show, "There is some crossover, in that Andre Bormanis and Seth MacFarlane, who's an incredible part of the Cosmos storytelling team, and then Andre, who's our science advisor, actually advises on both shows. So if we're on The Orville, we say ‘Well, what would that black hole look like?’ We call Andre, and he's meanwhile advising on Cosmos. So, we have the benefit of the Cosmos team to give us advice, right up to Neil, who we also call for advice on our science fiction show. And that's really a great benefit benefit of doing both of them.”

THE DRESDEN FILES---tv series underway based on the fantasy novels.

BRIGHTBURN---Sony Pictures announced the title for the James Gunn horror movie, but no plot details were released.

SHAMELESS---Cameron Monaghan announced he is leaving the series.

TRIVIA---Eddie Albert is best known as lovable lawyer Oliver Wendell Douglas in GREEN ACRES, but he played a depraved villain in two Burt Reynolds movies.
Albert played sleazy lawyer in HUSTLE, and he played sadistic prison warden Rudolph Hazen in THE LONGEST YARD. Both movies were directed by Robert Aldrich.

Eddie Albert starred as lovable lawyer/farmer Oliver Wendell Douglas in GREEN ACRES.

Albert played sleazy lawyer Leo Sellers in HUSTLE (shown with Catherine Bach of THE DUKES OF HAZZARD) in HUSTLE.

Albert played sadistic prison warden Rudolph Hazen in THE LONGEST YARD.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:14 pm

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 10

JOHN HENRY AND THE STATESMAN---Dwayne Johnson posted a video about his upcoming Netflix movie and added, "When the man comes around..Honored to play a childhood hero of mine, JOHN HENRY & his disruptive band of fellow folklore legends from around the world. @netflix are the perfect partners and platform to build. Directed by Jake Kasdan (JUMANJI)."

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_JU_NHvX0E

PET SEMETARY---trailer released for the remake of the horror movie.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VllcgXSIJkE

TOP GUN: MAVERICK---sequel photo released shows Tom Cruise on a motorcycle similar to the classic scene in the original movie.

SUICIDE SQUAD 2---James Gunn will write and possibly direct the sequel to the Warner Bros./DC Films sequel.

THE GOLDBERGS---photo released of Robert Englund guest starring as Freddy Kreuger.

ARROWVERSE---CW released art of Ruby Rose as lesbian superhero Batwoman from the ARROW, SUPERGIRL and THE FLASH crossover.

ELVIRA, MISTRESS OF THE DARK---Cassandra Peterson has written a sequel to her 1988 movie and is currently shopping it around.

WORLD ON FIRE---Helen Hunt and Lesley Manville star in this BBC seven-part miniseries about the first year of World War II as seen through the eyes of ordinary people in England, America, Poland, France and Germany.

KUNG FU---Fox sequel pilot underway to the series that starred David Carradine and ran from 1972-1975. The plot focuses on a young Chinese American woman who inherits her father's kung fu studio and discovers a secret chamber he used to help the Chinese community. It is speculated that the father is Carradine's character from the original series.

CW--the network renewed WHOSE LINE IS IT ANYWAY?, PENN & TELLER: FOOL US, MASTERS OF ILLUSION, THE OUTPOST and BURDEN OF TRUTH.

MR. INBETWEEN---FX renewed the series for Season 2.

OZARK---Netflix renewed the series for Season 3.

THE BANKER---Samuel L. Jackson, Anthony Mackie and Nicholas Hoult star in this movie about two 1950s black men who start a successful real estate company and avoid discrimination by hiring a white man to pose as head of the company while they pose as his janitor and chauffeur.

GOD COUNTRY---movie underway based on the graphic novel.

TRIVIA---Clint Eastwood killed veteran villain actor Anthony James twice---in HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER and UNFORGIVEN.

Clint Eastwood whipped Anthony James (Cole Carlin) to death in HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER.

Eastwood shot James (saloon/brothel owner Skinny Dubois) in UNFORGIVEN which was his last role before retiring to become a successful painter.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:35 pm

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 11

GLASS---new trailer for the M. Night Shyamalan sequel starring Bruce Willis, Samuel L. Jackson and James McAvoy.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5ytXVaNyFU

THE WILD BUNCH---Mel Gibson commented on his remake of the classic Sam Peckinpah Western, “I thought it was a bad idea at first. Why make THE WILD BUNCH again? Who would do that? I thought about it and I thought about it some more, and then I thought of a way. A way to tell the story. So I’ve been sitting in a room with a writer and it’s been a blast. So it started as a bad idea, but it’s heading toward something that could be special. It’s about last chances and guys with lives of accrued violence…Those guys [in the original film]? They laugh a lot, but it isn’t funny. “

NOVEMBER ROAD---Lawrence Kasdan (RETURN OF THE JEDI, RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK) is the writer/director of the movie based on the upcoming novel about a man who is connected to the John F. Kennedy assassination and is being pursued by an assassin.

BLACK WIDOW---Scarlett Johansson will receive $15 million for the movie which equals the pay for Chris Hemsworth and Chris Evans in their last two Marvel Studios movies.

FANTASY ISLAND---Dave Bautista is in negotiations to co-star in the movie based on the ABC tv series. Bautista will play a former guest, now a prisoner, who tries to reveal the nefarious secrets of the island where people seek to fulfill their fantasies but encounter their nightmares.

TOFF GUYS---Matthew McConaughey and Kate Beckinsale star in this Guy Ritchie movie about old money Europe meets modern marijuana complex.

UNIVERSAL SOLDIER---writer Richard Wenk (THE EQUALIZER movie) commented on his movie inspired by the 1992 movie that starred Jean-Claude Van Damme and Dolph Lundgren, "I will say that I’m just finishing up a re-imagining - let’s be clear about this it’s not a remake and it is not a redo - but it is a re-imagining of a movie called UNIVERSAL SOLDIER…very much like THE EQUALIZER, it’s the title that inspired me and not the movies…I’m just about to finish [the script] and turn it in this week."

RAMBO 5: LAST BLOOD---Sergio Peris-Mencheta (RESIDENT EVIL: AFTERLIFE) will play the villain in the sequel.

GAME OF THRONES---Sophie Turner said high-tech was used to keep drones from gathering information during the filming of Season 8, “If a drone flies above sets, there’s a thing that can kill the drones, which is really cool. I don’t know how it does it. It creates like this field around and the drones just drop. It’s very X-Men.
Also, we shoot fake scenes. We got into costume in Croatia because we know the paparazzi lurk around there, so we would spend like half a day doing nothing.”

ANNAPURNA PICTURES---the film company (ZERO DARK THIRTY, AMERICAN HUSTLE) is in financial problems after a series of money-losing movies. The company was founded by Megan Ellison, daughter of Oracle founder Larry Ellison. Larry Ellison, who is worth $60 billion, has refused to invest additional money in Annapurna due to its financial problems.
Megan's brother, David Ellison, has had better success with his film company, Skydance Media, which has produced the new MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE, STAR TREK and WORLD WAR Z movies.

ROOKIE OF THE YEAR---20th Century Fox remake of the 1993 baseball movie is underway. Dan Gregor and Doug Mand are the writers.

THE LITTLE MERMAID---a rumor claims Lady Gaga is in talks to play villainess Ursula in the Walt Disney Pictures live-action remake of its 1989 animated movie.

SECRET SIX---CBS pilot underway based on the DC comic book.

MR. MOM---Vudu streaming tv series underway based on the 1982 movie that starred Michael Keaton.

THE LAST AMERICAN VAMPIRE---NBC pilot underway based on the novel which focuses on Henry Sturges, a character in ABRAHAM LINCOLN: VAMPIRE HUNTER. A young female FBI analyst teams up with Sturges to investigate a series of mysterious deaths and discovers Sturges is a 500 year-old vampire.

KIDDING---Showtime renewed the series for Season 2.

TRIVIA---John Frankenheimer's RONIN (Robert De Niro, Natascha McElhone, Jean Reno) is known for its exciting car chase scenes which resulted in 80 cars destroyed. The final car chase scene used 300 stunt car drivers including Formula One driver Jean-Pierre Jarier.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Wo99w9UlS8&t=310s

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:23 pm

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 12

THE MANDALORIAN---photos from the STAR WARS tv series show Stormtroopers, an alien and the film set under construction.

MICRO---Amblin Entertainment movie underway based on the Michael Crichton novel about seven graduate students working for the mysterious Nanigen Micro-Technologies in Hawaii, who are miniaturized and must learn how to survive. Neil Widener and Gavin James are the writers. Frank Marshall (RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK) and Sherri Crichton, Crichton's widow, are the co-producers.

HOBBS AND SHAW---Dwayne Johnson released a photo of Idris Elba as the villain.

BLACK PANTHER 2---Ryan Coogler is returning as the writer/director of the sequel.

DOCTOR WHO---showrunner Chris Chibnall said new monsters will be introduced, "For the generation of viewers who are going to hopefully come on board now, we want it to feel like these are their monsters. The ones they can own, whether they're a kid, or a first-time viewer of 28 or 98."

SATANIC PANIC---the husband and wife team of Jerry O'Connell and Rebecca Romijn star in this comedy horror movie about a teenage pizza delivery girl who makes the night's last delivery to high society satanic worshippers who are looking for a virgin to sacrifice.

WILD BILL---Rob Lowe stars in this ITV miniseries about a top American cop and his teenage daughter who travel to England to take a job as the Chief Constable of the East Lincolnshire Police Force.

SPINNING OUT---Emma Roberts stars in this Netflix series about a skater who seeks to resurrect her career with a bad-boy skater and make it to the Olympics.

TRIVIA---veteran character actress Elizabeth MacRae appeared with Gene Hackman in Francis Ford Coppola's Oscar-nominated THE CONVERSATION. However, McRae is best known as Lou-Ann Poovie, Gomer Pyle's girlfriend on GOMER PYLE: USMC.

Elizabeth MacRae with Gene Hackman in Francis Ford Coppola's THE CONVERSATION.

MacRae as Lou-Ann Poovie in GOMER PYLE: USMC. MacRae was born in South Carolina, but grew up in North Carolina. She first appeared as Poovie on THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW which is set in North Carolina. Ironically, Gene Hackman was a Marine based at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina.

Gene Hackman was a Marine based at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:20 pm

MONDAY, OCTOBER 15

HALLOWEEN---new trailer released for the sequel.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvQ8kgoruC8

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME---photo shows Spider-Man's new suit.

THE MANDALORIAN---Jon Favreau posted a photo from the set. Fan speculation is that the photo shows Boba Fett's Amban phase-pulse blaster that was featured in the animated segment from the STAR WARS HOLIDAY SPECIAL.

JAMES BOND---a British tabloid claims Richard Madden (GAME OF THRONES) might be the next James Bond, “It’s seriously looking like he [Madden] is going to get the job. Not only is he on top of Barbara’s list, but she is preparing to offer the role.”

BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA---John Carpenter commented on the Dwayne Johnson sequel to his 1986 movie that starred Kurt Russell, “They want a movie with Dwayne Johnson. That’s what they want. So they just picked that title. They don’t give a sh*t about me and my movie. That movie wasn’t a success.”

DRACULA---BBC One/Netflix miniseries underway from Stephen Moffat and Mark Gatiss (SHERLOCK, DOCTOR WHO) based on the Bram Stoker novel.

STAR TREK: DISCOVERY---monster actor Javier Botet (IT, SLENDER MAN) said he will play a "familiar" alien in Season 2, “It’s an old creature but I’m not going to tell you what creature."

PENNYWORTH---Jack Bannon will star in the Epix Batman prequel tv series about Alfred Pennyworth, an ex-SAS soldier who forms a security service and works for billionaire Thomas Wayne in 1960s London.

TOP GUN: MAVERICK---Michael Ironside explained why he won't return as Jester in the sequel, “I’m not going to be in this film. The one person still in charge is Jerry Bruckheimer and Mr. Bruckheimer and I don’t really get along, or didn’t get along. He offered me a project 10 or 12 years ago and … I said no to it.”
He added, “The next time I saw him at a hockey game… I went up and said, ‘Hey Jerry,’ and he just turned around and I figured, ‘Well that relationship is over with. But he has a business he has to run, he has to make decisions based on his way of doing things and what makes him feel safe.”

THE WALKING DEAD---Khary Payton commented on Andrew Lincoln's last day on the film set and hinted Rick Grimes might return, “It was an amazing and surreal moment to be there and to be a part of seeing not just Rick kind of walk away - I’m not sure how you want to say that he leaves the show - but the way Andy left as well. When I look back and think about it I think it was an amazing event, and I just got this feeling that nothing’s set in stone, I’ll just leave it at that."

IRON FIST---Netflix cancelled the series. The Disney streaming service might pick it up.

THE HONEST THIEF---Liam Neeson and Kate Walsh star in this movie about a thief who wants to turn himself in after he falls in love with an employee where he stashed his loot and is pursued by a corrupt FBI agent.

BREEDERS---FX comedy tv series underway starring Martin Freeman and Daisy Haggard in which a caring father realizes he is not the man he thinks he is.

ALIAS---Jennifer Garner commented on rumors her tv series is being rebooted, “I’ve heard that there’s an ALIAS reboot happening, but no one’s talked to me about it. But if they didn’t have me on as a guest, I would be very, very angry. But I can’t imagine it being that serious yet because I haven’t heard anything about it at all."

BEACON 23---tv series underway based on the sci fi novel.

OCTOBER FACTION---Tamara Taylor and JC MacKenzie will star in the Netflix tv series based on the comic book.

TRIVIA---more James Bond movie trivia.
In TOMORROW NEVER DIES, magician Ricky Jay played "techno-terrorist" Henry Gupta, the henchman for Bond Villain Elliot Carver, the megalomaniac media mogul who is trying to start a war between England and China.
In FORREST GUMP, Jay used his magic skills to design Gary Sinise's wheelchair which gave the illusion that his legs had been amputated.

In TOMORROW NEVER DIES, magician Ricky Jay played Bond Villain Henry Gupta, who helps his boss, media mogul Elliot Carver, battle James Bond (Pierce Brosnan).

In FORREST GUMP, Jay designed Gary Sinise's wheelchair which gave the illusion that his legs had been amputated.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:40 pm

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 16

JOKER---video shows the Batmobile being transported on the film set in Newark, New Jersey.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V62RSRq ... e=youtu.be

GAME OF THRONES---Peter Dinklage hinted Tyrion Lannister may die in the final season, “I feel very, very — I’m trying to find the right word. I think he was given a very good conclusion. No matter what that is — death can be a great way out.”

THE SOPRANOS---the movie prequel, THE MANY SAINTS OF NEWARK, set during the 1960s Newark race riots, will reportedly include a "young Tony" Soprano, Dickie Moltisanti, and "Aldo Moltisanti", who is Tony's wiseguy grandfather.

THE WALKING DEAD---Season 9's Episode 2 had the lowest rating in series history with a 2.0 share in the 18-49 demographic with 4.9 million viewers. The previous low was a 2.4 share in Season 1. Also, Episode 2 drew 20% less viewers than Episode 1.

RANGER---CBS tv series underway based on the James Patterson novel TEXAS RANGER about a Texas Ranger and his father, who move to Florida where he becomes a homicide detective to solve his brother's murder.

TOM AND JERRY---Warner Bros. Animation hybrid movie underway. Tim Story (FANTASTIC FOUR) is the director.

WRONG TURN---remake underway of the 2003 West Virginia cannibal movie.

KNIGHTS OF PANTERRA---The Jim Henson Company is co-developing this Canadian live-action tv show based on the DINO KNIGHTS books in which four teenagers ride dinosaurs to save their kingdom from evil invaders.

VERONICA MARS---Enrico Colantoni is returning for the Hulu revival series.

AMY WINEHOUSE---Monumental Pictures signed a biomovie deal with the Winehouse family.

TRIVIA---2010: THE YEAR WE MAKE CONTACT was the Peter Hyams sequel to Stanley Kubrick's classic 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY.
In 2010, the voice of the SAL 9000 computer was credited as "Olga Mallsnerd" which is the pseudonym for Candice Bergen. Olga Mallsnerd was derived from Bergen's husband, director Louis Malle, and Mortimer Snerd, a dummy for her father, ventriloquist Edgar Bergen.

SAL 9000 link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqD0YtgMnNQ

Candice Bergen and husband, director Louis Malle.

A young Candice with her father, ventriloquist Edgar Bergen, and Mortimer Snerd (first dummy).

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:35 pm

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 17

HALLOWEEN---new featurette released for the sequel.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FznzK-MKZT4

THEY SHALL NOT GROW OLD---the Peter Jackson World War I documentary's one night-only premiere in England drew an impressive $731,000 box office which has led to talks about it being released worldwide, including the US, and possible future showings in England.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPlXlshA0Zc

THEY LIVE---John Carpenter said he had a sequel planned to his 1988 cult classic movie, “There was a feature film. It was a feature film called RESISTANCE, written by, oh, the guy who did the APES movies. Matt Reeves. But then he moved on.”
Carpenter then hinted the sequel might be in the future when he was asked about details of RESISTANCE, “Well, I’m not gonna tell you about that, because it might be closer to reality than you think…. The sequel is, well, we’ll see. We’ll just have to see.”

WE, THE DROWNED---eight-part miniseries underway based on the novel set in 1848 when Laurids Madsen sails from the Danish island town of Marstal, to battle Germany in the First Schleswig War. The miniseries covers two world wars, four generations and one hundred years. Mikael Salomon (BAND OF BROTHERS) is the director.

THE CONNERS---Roseanne Barr tweeted her response to her character being killed off-screen in the spinoff premiere, "I AIN'T DEAD, BITCHES!!!!"
THE CONNERS premiere was the top-rated show of the night, but drew 35% less viewers than the ROSEANNE revival premiere.

DOCTOR WHO---the season premiere drew a reboot record 10.9 million viewers which beat Christopher Eccleston's premiere of 10.8 million viewers.

A QUIET PLACE----John Krasinski said he that in addition to starring in the movie, he also played the alien monster via motion-capture, “The amazing people at [Industrial Light and Magic] asked, ‘So how does the creature move?’ and I said, ‘Well, this is how I think he’s gonna crawl.’ And they said, ‘Well, why don’t you throw on the suit?’ And I was like, ‘Totally!’ Then they took that picture and I thought I was auditioning for LION KING.”

AMERICAN GODS---Kristin Chenoweth announced she is not returning to the series for Season 2 after the departure of co-creator Bryan Fuller, “I couldn’t come back without him. It wouldn’t be right.”

ALICE---Fox pilot reboot of the CBS sitcom that starred Linda Lavin is underway with Diablo Cody as the writer.

GRIMM---NBC is developing a spinoff series with a female lead.

AJ AND THE QUEEN---RuPaul stars in this Netflix comedy series about a drag queen who travels from town to town in an RV with a nine year-old runaway orphan.

CATS---Idris Elba is in negotiations to play Macavity, the "Napoleon of crime", in the movie musical based on the Broadway musical.

ANNABELLE 3---Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga are returning for the sequel.

PLAYING WITH FIRE----John Cena is in negotiations to star in this family comedy movie about wildfire fighters who rescue three rambunctious kids.

THE RECKONING---Neil Marshall (THE DESCENT, DOG SOLDIERS) will direct this horror movie about the witch hunts and Great Plague in in 1665 England.

TRIVIA---Greg Morris co-starred on the classic tv series MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE from 1966-1973. When he watched the 1996 Tom Cruise movie version, he walked out after 40 minutes and said, "It's an abomination." Most of his former tv co-stars agreed with him.

Greg Morris played Barney Collier on MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE.

Morris walked out of the 1996 Tom Cruise movie and said, "It's an abomination."

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Sony and Industry Related News