[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony Pictures

Advanced search
It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:42 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony Pictures

Sony Pictures

The latest Sony related news and industry news as well.

Moderator: jttar

by SONYESP » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:20 pm

FRIDAY, JUNE 29

MILE 22---red band trailer released for the Mark Wahlberg movie.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKxxZOCfZKw

INDIANA JONES 5---Jonathan Kasdan (SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY) will reportedly write the sequel script. Kasdan is the son of Lawrence Kasdan who wrote the script for RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK, the original Indiana Jones movie. Lucasfilm did not confirm the report.

DOCTOR SLEEP---Rebecca Ferguson (MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE-ROGUE NATION) is in negotiations to co-star with Ewan McGregor in the sequel to Stephen King's THE SHINING.

GLASS---poster released for the sequel to UNBREAKABLE and SPLIT starring Bruce Willis, Samuel L. Jackson and James McAvoy.

FIRESTARTER---Fatih Akin (IN THE FADE) will direct the remake of the 1984 Drew Barrymore movie based on the Stephen King novel.

LOIS LANE---Amy Adams commented on returning for a MAN OF STEEL spinoff movie featuring Lois Lane, "I would love that, I think we need that. She's such a great character and there's a whole cannon of hers as well, of stories that have not been told, so whether it's me or not, I'm in full support of a Lois film."

HALO----Showtime live-action series underway based on the video game.

FAITH---Sony pictures movie underway based on the plus-sized super hero comic book.

GIDEON---tv series underway based on the horror comic book.

GHOSTED---Fox cancelled the series.

WEIRD CITY---Youtube/Jordan Peele sci fi comedy series set in the city of Weird.

MIDNIGHT'S CHILDREN---Netflix series underway based on the Salman Rushdie book.

TRIVIA---in the original 1953 THE WAR OF THE WORLDS, producer George Pal wanted Lee Marvin for the starring role as Dr. Clayton Forrester, but he changed his mind and gave the role to Gene Barry. Barry also appeared in the Steven Spielberg remake.
Also, Carolyn Jones (THE ADDAMS FAMILY) appears in the original movie.

In THE WAR OF THE WORLDS, Lee Marvin almost played Dr. Clayton Forrester, but the role went to Gene Barry.

Barry and Ann Robinson returned for Steven Spielberg's WAR OF THE WORLDS.

Carolyn Jones (THE ADDAMS FAMILY) appears in THE WAR OF THE WORLDS.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:58 am

MONDAY, JULY 2

SKYSCRAPER---new trailer released for the Dwayne Johnson disaster movie.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xcJyqwZxyQ&t=24s

THE MEG---poster released for the Jason Statham movie based on the giant shark novel.

A QUIET PLACE 2---John Krasinski is confirmed to return as the sequel's director.

STAR TREK---Zachary Quinto thinks the Quentin Tarantino movie will include the Kelvin Timeline Enterprise crew including Chris Pine, Karl Urban and himself, "My assumption is that it is with us. That is how it has been presented. You know, until deals are done and contracts are signed and schedules are cleared, nothing is set in stone, so anything can happen."
He added, "My understanding is Quentin had this idea and they were shaping it and forming it and he is off to do his Manson movie. And it would be after that, that we would go maybe do one with him. Which is pretty exciting, pretty cool."
Also, STAR TREK: DISCOVERY has added James Duff (THE CLOSER) as the new executive producer. Duff wrote an episode of STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE.

WESTWORLD---Season 2 ratings were down 30% from Season 1. Season 2's finale drew 1.6 million viewers compared to Season 1's finale of 2.2 million viewers.

THE NEW POPE---John Malkovich will co-star with Jude Law in the sequel to THE YOUNG POPE. No details were released on his role.

DOCTOR STRANGE---Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige confirmed the sequel is underway.

BLOODSHOT---Johannes Haukur Johannesson (GAME OF THRONES) will play the villain in the Vin Diesel movie based on the comic book.

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG---Jim Carrey is in negotiations to play villain Robotnik.

THE NAZI TITANIC---movie underway about the Nazi propaganda movie which claimed the RMS Titanic sank because of British and American capitalism. The movie's director, Herbert Selpin, was jailed after making anti-Nazi comments and was found mysteriously hanged in his cell.

ROSEANNE---Roseanne Barr said she's had offers to return to tv after her ROSEANNE revival was cancelled, "I’ve already been offered so many things and I almost already accepted one really good offer to go back on TV and I might do it. But we’ll see."

WU ASSASSINS---Iko Uwais (THE RAID: REDEMPTION) stars in this Netlfix martial arts series.

SIX---History cancelled the series.

CHAMPIONS---NBC cancelled the series.

FAMOUS IN LOVE---Freeform cancelled the series.

ANIMOSITY---movie underway based on the comic book.

LITTLE WOMEN---Meryl Streep, Emma Stone, Saoirse Ronan and Timothee Chalamet are in talks to star in the movie based on the Louisa May Alcott novel.

TRIVIA---more James Bond movie trivia.
THE SPY WHO LOVE ME starred Roger Moore, Barbara Bach (Mrs. Ringo Starr), Richard Kiel and Curt Jurgens. It was directed by Lewis Gilbert. Bach, Kiel and Gilbert reunited for FORCE 10 FROM NAVARONE, the sequel to THE GUNS OF NAVARONE.

Barbara Bach and Richard Kiel in THE SPY WHO LOVED ME.

Bach and Lewis Gilbert on the set of THE SPY WHO LOVED ME.

Bach and Kiel in FORCE 10 FROM NAVARONE.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:26 pm

TUESDAY, JULY 3

I AM THE NIGHT---TNT trailer for the miniseries reuniting the WONDER WOMAN team of Patty Jenkins and Chris Pine.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcknCCOlH-E&t=93s

KING OF OIL---Matt Damon stars in this biomovie about Marc Rich, the billionaire commodities trader who was indicted on 65 criminal counts and did oil business with Iran, North Korea, South Africa, Libya, Yugoslavia, Cuba and the Soviet Union. He received a presidential pardon from Bill Clinton after his wife donated about $1.5 million to the Clinton Presidential Library and Democratic campaigns. John Krasinski (A QUIET PLACE) is the director.

RUB & TUG---Scarlett Johansson stars in this biomovie about Jean Marie Gill, the lesbian Pittsburgh crime kingpin who posed as a man and ran prostitution rings and steroid deals with the Pittsburgh Steelers. The movie will focus on Gill's relationship with her girlfriend Cynthia.

STAR WARS---the chances of Christopher McQuarrie (MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE-ROGUE NATION) directing a STAR WARS movie seems unlikely after he and Rian Johnson exchanged tweets with STAR WARS fans unhappy with Johnson's THE LAST JEDI. McQuarrie tweeted, “My friend, After five minutes of this, I don’t know why you’re still on Twitter. I would have loved to make a Star Wars film someday. I’m cured.”
McQuarrie was then asked if he would be interested in directing a superhero movie and he replied, “Nah, after tonight I think I’m good.” McQuarrie later added, "...And it saddens me, too. I consider myself first and foremost an entertainer. I work for the audience. Tonight I found people I could never work for.”

JAWS 2---Steven Spielberg's plans for the JAWS sequel was a prequel which focused on shark hunter Qunit's telling of the World War II sinking of the cruiser USS Indianapolis and how many of the survivors were eaten by sharks. However, Universal Pictures was not interested, "Originally, they came to him about a sequel for Jaws, and he said, 'I'll do it if it's about the Indianapolis,' and they said, 'No,' and he said, 'No.' So that's how they parted ways at that point."
The true story was made into the Nicolas Cage movie, U.S.S. INDIANAPOLIS: MEN OF COURAGE.

TIMELESS---co-creator Shawn Ryan said cast contracts have expired which ends chances another network will pick up the cancelled series. However, he said there may a chance of a tv movie, "Discussions still take place between Sony Pictures TV and NBC about a possible two-hour movie to conclude the #Timeless story, but there are considerable economic obstacles that make it an uncertainty. We will update you when we know more."

WESTWORLD---co-creator Lisa Joy commented on the series ending, “We have an ending in mind; we’ve had it from the pilot. It’s very emotional, I think. I can’t tell you exactly when that ending will come…but I think for every season what we try to do is tell a chapter of the story that gives you closure and then opens a door to a new chapter…The overarching question of the series is, what will become of this new lifeform? So I feel it would be irresponsible to not have an end goal in mind.”

THINK OF A NUMBER---first movie in a movie/tv franchise based on the Dave Gurney detective novels in which Gurney comes out of retirement to track down a serial killer.

SKYWARD---Sony Pictures movie underway based on the graphic novel. Brad Peyton (SAN ANDREAS) is the director.

TNT---renewed ANIMAL KINGDOM and CLAWS.

TRIVIA---the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation's THE ARROW miniseries about the controversial CF-105 Arrow advanced jet fighter was the highest-rated CBC program ever.
Dan Aykroyd starred as Crawford Gordon, head of Avro Canada, and the driving force behind the Arrow that was cancelled by new Prime Minister John Diefenbaker.
In reality, Aykroyd's mother, Lorraine, was a senior government secretary who worked for Gordon and gave him insight on how Aykroyd should portray him.

Dan Aykroyd as Avro Canada head Crawford Gordon.

Aykroyd with his mother, father and wife.

The CF-105 Arrow.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:03 pm

WEDNESDAY, JULY 4

MIDWAY---Luke Evans (THE HOBBIT) will play Commander Wade McCluskey, who was awarded the Navy Cross for leading the pivotal dive bomber attack on the Japanese carrier fleet at Midway, the turning point of the war in the Pacific Theater. Woody Harrelson will play Admiral Chester Nimitz, commander of the US Pacific Fleet in World War II. Roland Emmerich (INDEPENDENCE DAY) is the director.

TOP GUN: MAVERICK---Miles Teller (FANTASTIC FOUR) will play the son of Goose in the Tom Cruise sequel.

THE MANY SAINTS OF NEWARK---Alan Taylor is returning to direct THE SOPRANOS prequel movie set in Newark during the 1960s race riots. It is not known what original characters will be in the prequel.

STAR WARS---Ahmed Best, who voiced Jar Jar Binks, said fan hatred of Jar Jar, almost led him to commit suicide, “I faced a media backlash that still affects my career today. This was the place I almost ended my life. It’s still hard to talk about. I survived and now this little guy is my gift for survival.” Earlier, Best said he, “had death threats through the internet. I had people come to me and say, ‘You destroyed my childhood’. That’s difficult for a 25-year-old to hear.”

SPIDER-MAN: INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE---Nicolas Cage will provide the voice of Spider-Man Noir in the Sony Pictures animated movie.

HOBBS AND SHAW---Vanessa Kirby (THE CROWN, MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE-FALLOUT) will play the sister of Jason Statham's character in the FAST AND FURIOUS spinoff movie.

RUB & TUG---Scarlett Johansson responded to criticism that she is playing transgender Pittsburgh crime boss Lois "Tex" Jean Gill, instead of a transgender actor, "Tell them that they can be directed to Jeffrey Tambor, Jared Leto, and Felicity Huffman's reps for comment."

CHILD'S PLAY---MGM remake of the 1988 horror movie is underway.

LOST---Evangeline Lilly said she's not interested in a possible LOST reboot, “There’s a rumor every year that they are going to reboot LOST. The thing about reboots and remakes is that I don’t like them in general, period. I want people to leave STAR WARS alone! I did love ROGUE ONE, as an aside. But for the most part, I don’t usually love them.”

ROE v. WADE---Jon Voight, Robert Davi, Corbin Bernsen, Steve Guttenberg, John Schneider and Stacey Dash star in this movie about the Supreme Court case that legalized abortion.

TRIVIA---in INDEPENDENCE DAY, the First Lady's Secret Service agent is played by John Bennett Perry, father of Matthew Perry.

[img]s33.postimg.cc/4dp2sy0qn/TRIVIA--_INDEPENDENCE_DAY-3.png[/img]

The Air Force chaplain who marries Will Smith and Vivica A. Fox, is played by Rance Howard, father of Ron Howard.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:13 pm

THURSDAY, JULY 5

UFO---trailer released for the sci fi movie starring Gillian Anderson and David Strathairn.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrUpLUy6iRc

TOM CLANCY'S JACK RYAN---new trailer released for the Amazon Prime series.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXhhKpJvRRY

ALIEN---a rumor says 20th Century Fox is developing an ALIEN tv series is for the franchise's 40th anniversary in 2019. An announcement may come "soon".

GAME OF THRONES---Sophie Turner talked about the series ending, "For me - without giving anything away...I was satisfied with how unpredictable the show's ending really is. People have come up with so many fan theories about how it's going to end and who will end up where and who will end up with who. It really is so unpredictable the way that it ends up. I'm very satisfied with that and I think that the fans will be satisfied with that too."

STAR WARS---director James Gunn responded to STAR WARS fan attacks on Kelly Marie Tran, Ahmed Best, who said he almost committed suicide, and other actors, "Star Wars (or any movie) may be important to you, but it doesn't belong to you. If your self-esteem depends on how good you think the current Star Wars is, or your childhood is ruined because you don't like something in a movie, GO TO THERAPY."

AVENGERS 4---cinematographer Trent Opaloch's online resume included AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR, AVENGERS: END GAME and others. He later changed "AVENGERS: END GAME" to "AVENGERS 4" which led to speculation END GAME is the sequel's real title.

TRIVIA---in CAT BALLOU, the famous photo of a drunk Lee Marvin atop his drunk horse was accomplished by the trainer constantly feeding sugar cubes to the horse while his legs were repeatedly crossed into place until the scene was filmed.

When accepting his Academy Award, Marvin said, "Half of this belongs to a horse someplace out in the valley."

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:46 pm

FRIDAY, JULY 6

STAR WARS---the Boba Fett movie is reportedly on the Lucasfilm back-burner, but if it is filmed, Han Solo (Alden Ehrenreich) might appear in it. Daniel Keys Moran, who wrote the short story "The Last One Standing", which includes Fett's rivalry with Solo, said, "'I’ve had a guy at Disney email me a couple times over the years regarding Lucasfilm adapting “Last One Standing” into a Fett movie. Not asking permission, they own those works, just letting me know they were thinking about it. So that was kind. But after SOLO stiffed, apparently there’s some question about the Fett movie being made."'

THE PREDATOR---the reshoots will add more connections to the first two movies in the franchise. The sequel focuses on Project Stargazer, the secret government project in which scientists study a captured Predator.

THE WALKING DEAD---poster released for Season 9 hints at a Washington, DC setting; the mysterious helicopter that appeared throughout the series and a time jump because Rick has shorter hair and Maggie has longer hair.

FREUD---Netflix series set in 1886 Vienna where a young Sigmund Freud, a policeman and a medium team up to catch a serial killer.

HOBBS AND SHAW---Idris Elba will play the villain the FAST AND FURIOUS spinoff movie starring Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham.

SICARIO: DAY OF THE SOLDADO---director Stefano Sollima said he won't return for SICARIO 3, "I’d love to watch another chapter of SICARIO, but it should be from a different director who has their own specific style. You shouldn’t have more than one film from the same director. Then it would be too much like a real franchise.”

CHILD'S PLAY---Brad Dourif said he will return for the tv series, but he is not involved with the remake movie.

GUNDAM---Legendary Pictures live-action movie underway based on the anime series.

TRIVIA---in the Ray Harryhausen sci fi movie FIRST MEN IN THE MOON, Oscar-winner Peter Finch appears uncredited as the bailiff because the original actor was ill and Finch was filming THE PUMPKIN EATER nearby.

Peter Finch and Martha Hyer in FIRST MEN IN THE MOON.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:11 pm

MONDAY, JULY 9

STAR WARS: EPISODE IX---Keri Russell will reunite with her MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE III director, JJ Abrams, in EPISODE IX. No information was released on her rule other than it involves extensive fight scenes.

Also, on Twitter, a fan asked William Shatner, "has anyone ever brought star wars stuff for you to sign?" Shatner tweeted Carrie Fisher asked him to sign a Leia slave photo. Shatner did not reply as to if he signed the photo.

Also, director James Mangold, who has been mentioned with the Boba Fett movie, weighed on the clash between STAR WARS fans and directors Rian Johnson and Christopher McQuarrie, "If you feel the filmmakers are just corporate tools and powerless, then why bitch at us? In the case of Rian Johnson and Chris McQuarrie, i assure you these cats are not ‘owned’. They actually fight your battles behind the scenes. The fervor of some attacks has an evangelical ferocity.
Now, I get it cause for many folk, including me, the ‘Star Wars’ saga holds tremendous spiritual power, similar to a religious text. But we must remember to try to handle our disappointments the way Yoda might, as opposed to Darth.”

THE PREDATOR---the reshoots reportedly removed friendly Predators and hybrid creatures from the sequel. The final act involves the renegade soldiers battling a ten foot-tall Predator infused with DNA from creatures hunted by the Predators.
Also, a photo was released showing the new, sleek body armor of The Predator.

FEAR THE WALKING DEAD---the poster for Season 4 does not include Madison Clark (Kim Dickens).

ANT-MAN---director Peyton Reed said he wanted Rick Moranis to do a cameo in the original movie, "We actually...attempted to get a Rick Moranis cameo in the first movie - still during the period, I think, where he wasn't doing so much acting. I think he's now gonna be on the CTV Scorsese-directed thing, which I'm super psyched about. But always, still, an unchecked box for me." Reed indicated Moranis might do a cameo in the third Ant-Man movie.

JOHN WICK 3: PARABELLUM---Keanu Reeves confirmed the sequel title with PARABELLUM coming from the expression, "Si vis pacem, para bellum", which is latin for "If you want peace, prepare for war." Reeves spoke about Halle Berry in the sequel, “Each film is very different but in the same kind of world and take… John Wick is fighting for his life and thinks that Halle Berry’s character has some information for him. They have a past, and they get involved with The High Table, this kind of overlording entity (laughs).”

MR. VERTIGO---Ralph Fiennes is attached to star in the Terry Gilliam movie based on the novel.

REAL MEN WATCH BRAVO---new Bravo talk show with host Jerry O'Connell which features interviews with male celebrities.

TRIVIA---more James Bond movie trivia.
Charles Gray appeared in two James Bond movies. In YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE, he played British agent Dikko Henderson. He played Ernst Stavro Blofeld in DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER.
Gray later dubbed the voice of Jack Hawkins in movies after Hawkins' larynx was removed due to throat cancer. The dubbed movies include the restored LAWRENCE OF ARABIA, TALES THAT WITNESS MADNESS and THEATER OF BLOOD.

Charles Gray in YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE and DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER.

Gray dubbed Jack Hawkins' voice in the restored LAWRENCE OF ARABIA.

Gray also dubbed Hawkins' voice in TALES THAT WITNESS MADNESS which also starred Donald Pleasance, who co-starred with Gray in YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:00 pm

TUESDAY, JULY 10

STAR WARS: EPISODE IX---inside sources say Billy Dee Williams is returning as Lando Calrissian in EPISODE IX.

GAME OF THRONES---a source at Paint Hall Studios in Belfast said the prequel series will starting filming in October and is set 1,000 years before GAME OF THRONES.

ALIEN---Terry Gilliam said he was offered the opportunity to direct an ALIEN sequel, "I got offered an ALIEN sequel because I was hot at that time, as a result of TIME BANDITS and FISHER KING, and I just don’t want to do films like that. They are factory jobs, working for a studio. My last factory job was on the Chevrolet assembly plant in Los Angeles, during my junior year of college, night shift on the line. Never again."
He added, "ALIEN is just a ghost train where something jumps out and you don’t know who’s going to die next. When I watched the first ALIEN, all I kept saying was, ‘Just kill them all and be done with it,’ because you just know that they’re all going to die along the way. In the end, Sigourney Weaver, who we’ve established is a really tough military officer, is running around in her underwear trying to find a cat. Give me a f-cking break."
Gilliam continued, "There are some great moments in it, but the shot that should’ve never been in the film is the one at the end showing the alien getting blown out of the airlock. You see the alien, and it’s just a guy in a rubber suit. Up until then, you only saw bits of the alien, and it seemed to be huge and vast and terrifying. That was so clever. It was like the shark in JAWS. I told Ridley, ‘You don’t want that shot of the alien at the end. Cut it!’"

JURASSIC WORLD 3---a fan petition wants Universal Pictures to fire writer/director Colin Trevorrow and replace him with JA Bayona (JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM).

"As long time fans of Jurassic Park and Jurassic World, we believe that director J. A. Bayona took an important step in the right direction with the franchise. After Fallen Kingdom, which ended up being a darker and more mature chapter than its predecessor, there would be no point in going back to Colin Trevorrow's uninspired style.
Trevorrow's firing from Star Wars: Episode IX, along with the low production value of his indie movie The Book of Henry and his communication mistakes during Fallen Kingdom's marketing campaign, is a testament to his inadequacy. He's proven himself unable to manage such a large and complex project. On the other hand, Bayona's directorial skill and sensitivity are clearly perceivable and could give us another great episode, driving the franchise towards excellence and setting up a bright future for our beloved dinosaurs.
Please, Universal, put J. A. Bayona in full control as director and writer of Jurassic World 3."

SPAWN---Jeremy Renner will play private detective Twitch Williams in the movie starring Jamie Foxx.

THE PREDATOR---Shane Black commented on one reason why the reshoots were needed, "The first time we shot the third act it was daytime. It’s all this spooky stuff but then its bright sunlight. It just didn’t work. So I said ‘Ummm, can we do this again at night?'"

SHAZAM!---Djimon Hounson (GLADIATOR) will play The Wizard in the Zachary Levi superhero movie.

68 WHISKEY---Ron Howard will direct this Paramount network comedy pilot about Army medics at a forward based in Afghanistan.

LIMITED PARTNERS---Tiffany Haddish stars in this comedy movie about two girlfriends who create a successful business but become enemies when another company wants to buy them out.

TRIVIA---Universal Pictures head Sid Sheinberg didn't like BACK TO THE FUTURE's title and sent a memo to producer Steven Spielberg suggesting the title be changed to SPACE MAN FROM PLUTO. Spielberg wisely replied in a memo thanking Sheinberg for his "joke memo" and everyone in the office "got a kick out of it". Sheinberg was embarrassed and allowed the original title to stay.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:59 pm

WEDNESDAY, JULY 11

EXTINCTION---Netflix trailer released for the alien invasion movie starring Michael Pena.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ePDPGXkvlw

OBI-WAN KENOBI---the BELFAST TELEGRAPH said the Obi-Wan Kenobi movie starring Ewan McGregor will start filming in Belfast's Paint Hall Studios in April, 2019, "...the latest spin-off in the Star Wars franchise coming here in April 2019.
As Sunday Life exclusively revealed in February, Star Wars creator George Lucas visited Northern Ireland before Christmas to seal the deal for the new standalone film.
The movie will centre on the life of Jedi master Obi-Wan Kenobi, with Ewan McGregor reprising the role he first played in 1999's Star Wars prequel The Phantom Menace."

THE JOKER---Warner Bros. confirmed the The Joker origin movie starring Joaquin Phoenix is underway. Todd Phillips (THE HANGOVER) is the director.

SHAZAM!---Warner Bros. released a photo of the Shazam costume worn by Zachary Levi.

THE PREDATOR---Shane Black said the reshoots led to the introduction of the Upgrade Predator, “Bigger, meaner and nasty as hell. Ten feet tall and midnight black, bristling with spines, skin thickened with chitinous organic armor – the product of harvesting DNA from the deadliest creatures on every world it has hunted. The ultimate expression of Predator dominance. It is, it’s fair to say, one giant, ugly motherf–ker.”

ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD---Brenda Vaccaro, Martin Kove and James Remar join the cast of the Quentin Tarantino movie that also includes Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt, Margot Robbie, Al Pacino, Burt Reynolds, Kurt Russell, Timothy Olyphant, Dakota Fanning and Damian Lewis.

KILLERS ANONYMOUS---Gary Oldman and Jessica Alba will star in this movie about a world of killers that exists beneath the conventional world.

SAPIENS---Ridley Scott and documentarian Asif Kapadia are developing a project based on the book SAPIENS: A BRIEF HISTORY OF HUMANKIND. It is not known if it will be a movie or tv project.

SEE---Jason Momoa stars as futuristic warrior Baba Voss in this Apple tv series. Steven Knight (PEAKY BLINDERS) is the writer. Francis Lawrence (THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY) is the director.

THEY HEAR IT---movie underway based on the horror short film about a mysterious sound that lures children in a small town to their deaths.

QUANTUM AND WOODY---TBS/Anthony and Joe Russo tv series based on the comic book.

CLEAR LAKE---movie underway about the 1958 music tour by Buddy Holly and Clarence Collins.

THE WOMAN IN THE WINDOW---Julianne Moore is in talks to co-star with Amy Adams in the movie based on the novel.

THE LAST THING HE WANTED---Ben Affleck will co-star with Anne Hathaway in the Netflix movie about a female journalist who gets involved in the Iran-Contra scandal.

OPERATION THAI CAVE RESCUE---Discovery documentary about the Thai boys soccer team cave rescue. It premiers on Friday on the Discovery Channel and Saturday on the Science Channel.

TRIVIA---in TIME AFTER TIME, Corey Feldman played the boy at the HG Wells exhibit. The Nicholas Meyer time travel movie starred Malcolm McDowell, Mary Steenburgen and David Warner.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:30 pm

THURSDAY, JULY 12

ROBOCOP RETURNS---Neill Blomkamp will direct this R-rated movie which is a direct sequel to the original 1987 movie. The script was written by Justin Rhodes and is based on a sequel script written by the 1987 movie writers, Ed Neumeier and Michael Miner.

GLASS---photo released from the M. Night Shyamalan sequel to UNBREAKABLE and SPLIT which stars Bruce Willis, Samuel L. Jackson and James McAvoy.

THE WALKING DEAD---new photo released for Season 9 and new showrunner Angela Kang commented on Season 9, "There’s a fun Western vibe that has emerged. We are going into a period where a lot of the things that we’ve seen in previous seasons have broken down, so they’ve got these horses and carriages that are being drawn around instead of cars. Things are lit with oil lamps. People are using different kinds of weaponry. There’s a real grittiness to it that I think will be fun and fresh for the viewers.”

GAME OF THRONES---Maisie Williams, after filming her final scenes for the series, posted a photo of blood-covered tennis shoes and the hashtag which included, "#lastwomanstanding" which led to speculation that Arya Stark survives.

ANTLERS---Keri Russell is in talks to star in the Guillermo del Toro horror movie based on the short story "A Quiet Boy". Russell would play “a teacher who takes an interest in a mysterious and withdrawn student. Only too late does she discover that the boy is harboring a deadly secret that is key to their town’s survival.” Scott Cooper is the director.

GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS---Vera Farmiga spoke about her character, Dr. Emma Russell, “She has figured out a way to communicate with the creatures and potentially control them using their bioacoustics on a sonar level. So she is like a DJ for the monsters.”
The sequel features Godzilla, Rodan, Mothra and King Ghidorah.

Y: THE LAST MAN---Barry Keoghan, Diane Lane and Imogen Poots star in the FX series pilot based on the comic book.

PROPHET---movie underway based on the comic book about a genetically-enhanced World War II soldier who is cryogenically frozen and awakens in the future.

17 BRIDGES---Chadwick Boseman (BLACK PANTHER) stars in this movie about a disgraced NYPD detective who seeks redemption by pursuing a cop killer.

THAI CAVE RESCUE---Jon M. Chu (NOW YOU SEE ME 2) is the director of this movie based on the Thai soccer team cave rescue. Another studio is also developing a movie based on the rescue.

THE WEST WING---cast members including Joshua Malina and Bradley Whitford had dinner with creator Aaron Sorkin. Afterwards, Malina posted, "Talking reboot".

DEAD TO ME---Christina Applegate stars in this Netflix comedy series about a widow who becomes friends with a "free spirit with a shocking secret".

TRIVIA---William Talman, best known as District Attorney Hamilton Burger on PERRY MASON, was the first actor to film an anti-smoking public service announcement for the American Cancer Society. Talman, a heavy smoker, was dying of lung cancer when he filmed the spot.

William Talman and Raymond Burr in PERRY MASON.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmjRkpge-jk
SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Sony and Industry Related News