[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony Pictures

Advanced search
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:51 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony Pictures

Sony Pictures

The latest Sony related news and industry news as well.

Moderator: jttar

by SONYESP » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:27 pm

MONDAY, APRIL 23

SHARP OBJECTS---HBO trailer released for the Amy Adams miniseries based on the novel.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgljcMqPG98

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM---new international trailer released.
Also, director JA Bayona commented on the sequel, “The first half, you have a whole dinosaur movie on the island, so you have what you expect from a Jurassic movie. Then the second half moves to a totally different environment that feels more suspenseful, darker, claustrophobic, and even has this kind of gothic element, which I love.”
Producer Steven Spielberg added, “It has a wonderfully, deliciously scary third act. J.A. knows how to create terror, but he also knows how to orchestrate it so you’re not brutalized by it, and he has the gift of restraint. But when he needs to open up the throttle, he really knows how.”
Colin Trevorrow said about the third movie, "If I could contextualize each film, I would say JURASSIC WORLD was an action adventure, FALLEN KINGDOM is kind of a horror-suspense film, and JURASSIC WORLD 3 will be a science thriller in the same way that JURASSIC PARK was.”

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC_T1Z-gwmg&t=8s

SKYSCRAPER---poster released for the Dwayne Johnson disaster movie.

SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY---Ron Howard posted a photo showing his brother Clint's role in the movie. Other Ron Howard movies with Clint include APOLLO 13, THE PAPER and COCOON.

SUPERHEROES---James Cameron said he hopes the public will get tired of superhero movies soon, “I’m hoping we’ll start getting ‘Avenger’ fatigue here pretty soon. Not that I don’t love the movies. It’s just, come on guys, there are other stories to tell besides hyper-gonadal males without families doing death-defying things for two hours and wrecking cities in the process. It’s like, oy!”
Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige replied to Cameron's comment, “Uh, he loves the movies! That’s awesome! Wow, James Cameron loves our movies! That’s exciting,”
Cameron also talked about his AVATAR franchise, “It’s a generational family saga. It’s very different from the first film. In terms of the storytelling, I found myself — not for any reasons of the zeitgeist or what was popular — but I found myself, as a father of five, starting to think about, ‘What would an AVATAR story be like if it was a family drama? If it was THE GODFATHER. Obviously, a very different genre, very different story, but I got intrigued by that idea.”

WESTWORLD---co-showrunner Jonathan Nolan said Season 3 might premiere in early 2020.

TOMMYKNOCKERS---Universal Pictures won the movie rights to the Stephen King novel.

NANCY DREW AND THE HIDDEN STAIRCASE---Sophia Lillis (IT) will star in the movie based on the Nancy Drew novel.

SHERLOCK--Martin Freeman said about returning to the series, “Being in that show, it is a mini-Beatles thing. People’s expectations, some of it’s not fun anymore. It’s not a thing to be enjoyed, it’s a thing of: ‘You better f–ing do this, otherwise, you’re a c–.’ That’s not fun anymore.”
Benedict Cumberbatch didn't agree with his co-star's comments, “It’s pretty pathetic if that’s all it takes to let you not want to take a grip of your reality. What, because of expectations? I don’t know. I don’t necessarily agree with that … There’s a level of obsession where [the franchise] becomes [the fans’] even though we’re the ones making it. But I just don’t feel affected by that in the same way, I have to say.”

HANNIBAL---David Tennant said he was up the starring role, “I met Bryan Fuller a couple of times, and we talked about it. But I think they quite wisely chose Mads Mikkelsen, I think he was a perfect choice for it, and I think he did things with that character that I wouldn’t have managed, so I think the right man got the job.”

NICOLAS CAGE---the actor said he might retire from acting soon and turn to directing, “Directing is something I look forward to down the road. Right now, I’m primarily a film performer and I’m gonna continue doing that for three or four more years and I’d like to focus more on directing.”

OUTSIDE---Carla Juri (BLADE RUNNER 2049) and Alec Secarenu (GOD'S OWN COUNTRY) star in this horror movie about a war refugee who falls in love with a woman who is with her dying mother in a wrecked house. He discovers the woman is enslaved to a demon, but things aren't as they appear to be.

ASH vs EVIL DEAD---Starz cancelled the series.

GHOST WARS---Syfy cancelled the series.

TRIVIA---more James Bond movie trivia.
Roger Moore's daughter, Deborah, had a cameo as a flight attendant in DIE ANOTHER DAY, Pierce Brosnan's last James Bond movie.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:49 pm

TUESDAY, APRIL 24

VENOM---new trailer released for the Tom Hardy movie.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Mv98Gr5pY

ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD---Quentin Tarantino said the movie connected to the Charles Manson cult murders is "probably the closest to PULP FICTION that I have done." Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt star.

BLACK WIDOW---reports say the movie is set 15 years after the breakup of the Soviet Union with Natasha living in the US and will include the Winter Soldier.
Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige said there "creative discussions" about an Eternals movie. He said a Namor movie is being complicated by who owns the movie rights.

ROSE RED---a rumor says Walt Disney Studios is developing a Snow White spinoff movie and wants Brie Larson to play Rose Red, who teams up with the Seven Dwarfs, to break the curse after Snow White ate the poisoned apple.

JUMANJI: WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE---Sony Pictures confirmed the sequel will premiere on Christmas, 2019 with Dwayne Johnson returning. No information was released about the other cast members.

JOJO RABBIT---Sam Rockwell will co-star with Scarlett Johansson in this movie about a young boy, whose imaginary friend is Adolf Hitler, discovers his mother is hiding a Jewish girl from the Nazis.

ASH vs EVIL DEAD---Bruce Campbell said about his future after Starz cancelled the series, "I'm retired as Ash."

LETHAL WEAPON---Fox hasn't decided to renew the series, which has good ratings, because star Clayne Crawford has been disciplined several times for disruptive behavior and has created a hostile work environment on the set with cast and crew reluctant to work with him.

LIVE---Aaron Eckhart and Courtney Eaton star in this movie about a disgraced cop who teams up with an internet reporter to save the police commissioner's kidnapped daughter who has 80 minutes to live.

TRIVIA---versatile character actress Marianna Hill appeared in many movies and tv shows including HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER, THE GODFATHER PART II, STAR TREK, BATMAN, THE OUTER LIMITS, THE WILD WILD WEST, MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE, GUNSMOKE, MANNIX, HOGAN'S HEROES, BONANZA and others.
She is the cousin of General Norman Schwarzkopf, Jr..

Hill played the town tramp with Clint Eastwood in HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER.

Hill in THE GODFATHER PART II.

Hill in the STAR TREK episode "Dagger of the Mind".

Hill with Leonard Nimoy in THE OUTER LIMITS episode "I, Robot".

Hill with Michael Dunn in THE WILD WILD WEST.

Hill with Victor Buono in BATMAN.

Hill's cousin, General Norman Schwarzkopf, Jr..

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:33 pm

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 25

DUMBO---Walt Disney Pictures showed the CGI Dumbo from the Tom Burton live-action/CGI remake movie.

ALIEN: COVENANT---Katherine Waterston spoke about a possible sequel, "I have no idea. I always feel as though the actors are the last to know. But I also feel as though I could have a great deal to do in that film, or just be rolled out in a body bag. I had heard some rumors about where it might go a long time ago that were really interesting to me and my character. But I haven’t heard anything in ages."

VENOM---Elizabeth Banks (SPIDER-MAN 3) tweeted her response to the trailer showing Tom Hardy as Venom, "Looks like he’s eating a dick."

MORBIUS---director Antoine Fuqua said a Morbius movie being be in his future, "As a kid I grew up with comic books. They talked to me about BLACK PANTHER years ago, way back in the day. There's some reason they came up and they talked to me about at Sony, a Marvel character, Morbius [The Living Vampire]...that kinda came up. I don't know, I have a thirteen-year-old son so I'm watching more of that again and it's exciting to do that. I'd love to create a new one. Y'know, something that's closer to what I get excited about."

MILE 22---Mark Wahlberg stars in this movie as a US intelligence officer who must smuggle a mysterious police officer with top secret information out of a foreign country.

SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY---Alden Ehrenreich said he is signed to play Han solo in three more movies.

THE WALKING DEAD---Lauren Cohan confirmed she is returning for Season 9.

TOM CLANCY'S JACK RYAN---Amazon renewed the series for Season 2.

LOST IN SPACE---the Netflix remake series drew a decent 6.3 million viewers in its first three days. By comparison, STRANGER THINGS drew 15.8 million viewers in its first three days.

NOVA---Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige said Nova might be the next superhero movie subject, "Nova is... if we have a big board with a bunch of characters that have more immediate potential, Nova is on that board."

MYSTERIES AND MYTHS WITH MEGAN FOX---Travel Channel series starring Megan Fox as she travels around the globe to explore unsolved ancient mysteries including if Amazons really existed and if the Trojan War was really fought.

THE SECRET LIFE OF PETS 2---Harrison Ford has joined the voice cast of the animated movie sequel.

TONE DEAF---Amanda Crew and Robert Patrick star in this movie about a woman, who just lost her job, rents a secluded country house from an old-fashioned widower, who is also a psychopath.

HEART OF DARKNESS---Sony's Crackle is developing a sci fi outer space series based on the Joseph Conrad novel. Also, Crackle renewed THE OATH.

THE PATH---Hulu cancelled the series.

ARMISTEAD MAUPIN'S TALES OF THE CITY---Netflix ten-part sequel miniseries underway with Laura Linney and Olympia Dukakis returning.

TRIVIA---Buddy Ebsen was on the brink of retirement, but his appearance as Audrey Hepburn's husband, Doc Golightly, in BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S, was the key to him being cast in THE BEVERLY HILLBILLIES. The rags-to-riches sitcom was among the top 20 most-watched shows for eight of its nine seasons.
Ebsen then starred in the private detective series BARNABY JONES which ran for eight seasons (1973-1980).

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:45 pm

This is Elizabeth Banks ("Looks like he's eating a dick").

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:19 pm

THURSDAY, APRIL 26

YELLOWSTONE---trailer released for the Paramount Network tv series starring Kevin Costner.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j2R4fNxTdY&t=8s

OVERLORD---JJ Abrams said this World War II D-Day movie about US paratroopers encountering supernatural forces in a French village is Bad Robot's first R-rated movie. Abrams said the movie is not part of the Cloverfield series.
Movie writers who saw a film clip said it has graphic scenes including "a grenade exploding in someone's mouth" and "Set against the backdrop of D-Day, a squad of soldiers stumble upon a Nazi bunker with some real sh*t, including a French woman's decapitated head asking for help."

A QUIET PLACE---Paramount Pictures CEO Jim Gianopulos confirmed the sequel is underway, We’re already working with these guys on a sequel. If you told me five years ago that an almost silent film starring the very funny guy Jim from THE OFFICE would have been a hit at Paramount, I would have said, ‘Well, I should go work at Paramount.'”
He also said Paramount is developing two more STAR TREK movies, but he gave no additional details.

THE PREDATOR---synopsis released for the Shane Black movie.

“From the outer reaches of space to the small-town streets of suburbia, the hunt comes home in Shane Black’s explosive reinvention of the Predator series. Now, the universe’s most lethal hunters are stronger, smarter and deadlier than ever before, having genetically upgraded themselves with DNA from other species. When a young boy accidentally triggers their return to Earth, only a ragtag crew of ex-soldiers and a disgruntled science teacher can prevent the end of the human race.”

JOHN WICK: CHAPTER 3---synopsis released for the sequel.

'"John Wick (Keanu Reeves) is on the run for two reasons… he’s being hunted for a global $14 million dollar open contract on his life, and for breaking a central rule: taking a life on Continental Hotel grounds. The victim was a member of the High Table who ordered the open contract. John should have already been executed, except the Continental’s manager, Winston, has given him a one-hour grace period before he’s “Excommunicado” – membership revoked, banned from all services and cut off from other members. John uses the service industry to stay alive as he fights and kills his way out of New York City."'

HALLOWEEN---Jamie Lee Curtis introduced a trailer from the sequel. It showed someone visiting Michael Myers in an institution to make a documentary and shows him his mask. Also, Laurie Strode's granddaughter said Laurie is still traumatized by her encounter with Myers and has her house full of guns, booby traps and passage ways if Michael returns. She says Michael is not Laurie's brother.
Another scene shows a girl in a bathroom stall trying to keep Michael out as he showers her with teeth from the man he killed in the next stall.

RUN THIS TOWN---photo released of Damian Lewis starring in this biomovie about former Toronto Mayor Rob Ford who was involved in a scandal involving drug and alcohol abuse.

NXIVM---two tv projects are underway based on the sex slavery cult in which its leader, Keith Raniere, and Allison Mack (SMALLVILLE) have been arrested. Annapurna Television is developing a scripted series based on the NEW YORK TIMES expose of the cult. Also, a docuseries is underway focusing on actress Sarah Edmondson and her husband, who were recruiters for NXIVM, but left and tried to help others escape.

HARVEY WEINSTEIN---movie underway on the two NEW YORK TIMES reporters, Jodi Kantor and Megan Twohey, who broke the story on the Harvey Weinstein sex scandal.

IRON-MAN---Tom Cruise commented on the rumor that he almost got the role instead of Robert Downey, Jr., “Not close. Not close and I love Robert Downey, Jr. I can’t imagine anyone else in that role and I think it’s perfect for him.”

THE LONG WALK---movie underway based on the Stephen King novel. James Vanderbilt (THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN) is the writer.

MOONBASE 8---Fred Armisen, John C. Reilly and Tim Heidecker star in this sci fi comedy series about three astronauts in a NASA Moon Base Simulator in the desert who hope they will be the next astronauts to land on the Moon.

GODFATHER OF HARLEM---Forest Whitaker stars in this tv series about a Harlem crime boss who teams up with Malcolm X to battle the Genovese crime family in the 1960s.

GAME OF THRONES---George RR Martin posted, “No, winter is not coming… not in 2018, at least. You’re going to have to keep waiting for ‘THE WINDS OF WINTER'".
Martin added that FIRE & BLOOD is due out on November 20, “It’s a hefty book, almost a thousand manuscript pages (okay, 989, if you want to be precise). That’s not quite as long as ‘A GAME OF THRONES’ or any of the later volumes in ‘A SONG FOR ICE AND FIRE,’ but there’s a lot of reading there, and I hope you’ll enjoy it. This first volume covers all the Targaryen kings from Aegon I (the Conquerer) to the regency of Aegon III (the Dragonbane), along with their wives, wars, siblings, children, friends, rivals, laws, travels, and sundry other matters. For those not up on your Westerosi history, that’s Aegon I, Aenys, Maegor the Cruel, Jaehaerys I (the Conciliator), Viserys I, Aegon II (and Rhaenyra), and Aegon III (the regency). Oh, and there are dragons too.”
He continued, “as most of you know, HBO is presently developing a number of different prequels to ‘GAME OF THRONES.’ I know I am going to be asked whether those shows are going to be based on material from ‘FIRE & BLOOD.’ It’s a logical question. The only answer I can give is… ah, well, no one is sure yet, and anyway, I am not allowed to say. So let’s move that to the side.”

TRIVIA---ICE STATION ZEBRA was based on the Alistair McLean novel and starred Rock Hudson, Patrick McGoohan, Ernest Borgnine and Jim Brown.
ICE STATION ZEBRA was Hudson's favorite movie, perhaps because it helped resurrect his career. It was also the favorite movie of reclusive billionaire Howard Hughes. When Hughes was dissatisfied with the programming on Las Vegas tv station KLAS-TV, he bought the station and demanded that it play ICE STATION ZEBRA whenever he wanted to watch it. Paul Anka wrote in his autobiography MY WAY, "We knew when Hughes was in town. You'd get back to your room, turn on the TV at 2 A.M., and the movie Ice Station Zebra would be playing. At 5am, it would start all over again. It was on almost every night. Hughes loved that movie."
Hughes aids said he had a projector system installed in his room and watched ICE STATION ZEBRA over 150 times in an endless loop.
ICE STATION ZEBRA was originally supposed to reunite Gregory Peck and David Niven, who had starred in another Alistair McLean-inspired hit movie, THE GUNS OF NAVARONE. However, due to rewrites for the original Paddy Chayefsky script, Peck and Niven were unavailable when the movie was ready to film and they were replaced by Hudson and McGoohan.
A long-gestating remake is underway.

ICE STATION ZEBRA was the favorite movie of billionaire Howard Hughes.

THE GUNS OF NAVARONE stars Gregory Peck and David Niven were supposed to reunite for ICE STATION ZEBRA.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:38 pm

FRIDAY, APRIL 27

DON'T WORRY, HE WON'T GET FAR ON FOOT---trailer released for the movie about a crippled newspaper cartoonist starring Joaquin Phoenix and Rooney Mara.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BwxeOzSx8A

SUCCESSION---trailer released for the HBO series starring Brian Cox as the patriarch of a media family.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzYxJV_rmE8

KIN---trailer released for the sci fi movie.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac5wrM2uYbk

STAR TREK---Quentin Tarantino's Trek movie is reportedly not set in the JJ Abrams/Kelvin timeline. Earlier, Tarantino had said he wanted to do a Trek movie related to the original tv series which starred William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy.
SJ Clarkson (DEXTER, HEROES) will direct the second of Paramount's recently-announced two Trek movies. It is set in the Kelvin timeline. Clarkson will be the first female director of a STAR TREK movie.

MAN OF STEEL 2---director Christopher McQuarrie said he and Henry Cavill discussed the MAN OF STEEL sequel while they filmed MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE--FALLOUT, “We had a lot of time hanging out on set, and Henry’s a huge fan of Superman. I can’t help but talk story to people, so he told me his take on Superman and I thought it was really great, and I gave him my two cents. The tweet you’re referring to is somebody asked ‘Would you do it?’ and I said ‘Hey, they know where to find me.’ Nobody’s asked, but you know…”

SUSPIRA---VARIETY revealed a scene from the Amazon Studios remake of the Dario Argento movie, “The scene finds Dakota Johnson practising ballet at a creepy dance company. Every pirouette she pulls off has gruesome consequences for another dancer in another studio – as Johnson practices, the other young woman is literally ripped apart, descending into a mess of broken bones, urine, spittle, and blood. It’s intense, to put it mildly.”

GODZILLA 2---Jason Liles, the motion capture actor who played George the albino gorilla in RAMPAGE, will play King Ghodira in the sequel which also includes Rodan and Mothra.

THE PATRIOT---Eva Green, Kathy Bates and Ed Skrein star in this sci fi movie about a Border Corp captain who begins to question her loyalty to defend her country's racial purity policy.

ANOTHER LIFE---new Netflix sci fi series starring Katee Sackhoff as astronaut Niko Breckinridge who leads a mission in outer space to discover the origin of an alien artifact.

BILLIONS---Showtime renewed the series for Season 4.

STAR WARS RESISTANCE---Disney Channel animated series about Resistance fighter pilot Kazuda Xiono who is sent on a secret mission to spy on the First Order. The series is set before THE FORCE AWAKENS.

THE PERSONAL HISTORY OF DAVID COPPERFIELD---Dev Patel, Tilda Swinton, Hugh Laurie and Ben Whishaw star in this contemporary movie version of the Charles Dickens novel.

TRIVIA---in JERRY MAGUIRE, Jared Jussim plays Dicky Fox, Maguire's mentor. In reality, the Dicky Fox role was turned down by Billy Wilder. Jussim, a corporate lawyer for TriStar Pictures, got the role when he walked in during a production meeting. Jussim is currently Deputy General Counsel and Executive Vice President for Sony Pictures.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:57 pm

MONDAY, APRIL 30

SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY---new featurette released for the young Han Solo movie.

Featurette link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS37K3Lcf6g&t=12s

THE MAN WHO KILLED DON QUIXOTE---international trailer released for the movie.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVArq_Qs9lY&t=13s

JOHN WICK: CHAPTER 3---Lionsgate reportedly wants Halle Berry for the female lead in the sequel.

SCARY TALES TO TELL IN THE DARK---Guillermo del Toro is the producer/co-writer of this movie based on the book series.

MALEFICENT 2---Michelle Pfieffer is in talks to co-star in the sequel.

ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD---director Bernardo Bertolucci criticized Ridley Scott for replacing Kevin Spacey with Christopher Plummer after Spacey's sex scandals, “When I learned that Ridley Scott had agreed to eliminate the scenes of ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD in which Kevin Spacey was playing, I sent a message to editor Peter Scalia to tell Scott that he should be ashamed.”

TREMORS---Kevin Bacon announced that Syfy has decided not to pick up the tv series after viewing the pilot.

WATCHMEN---rumored character profiles for the HBO series.

Angela Abraham: African-American female cop. Independent and intelligent, she’s also a realist. She’s married to Cal, with whom she has a daughter and is fiercely protective of them both.
Cal Abraham: African-American male who is the stay-at-home husband of Angela. While he seems at home as the king of his castle and being a loving husband and father, it’s clear his past has a different story to tell.
Looking Glass: A good looking cop, the native Oklahoman isn’t simple as his rural accent makes him appear to be. A top interrogator and behavioral scientist, he may also be a bit of a sociopath.
Panda: An ethnic desk cop, he’s cynical and tough and puts his job first. Not a friend to many, he uses comedy to keep people at bay.
Red Scare: Mafioso, track suit wearing cop. His Russian accent lends to his abrasiveness.
Pirate Jenny: An androgynous and lustful bisexual cop, Jenny is an anarchist at heart.
Jane Crawford: The wife of the police chief, Judd, Jane is a veterinarian who’s sharper than her guarded persona lets on.
Old Man: A former cop who is still an imposing figure despite his age.

X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE---Josh Holloway (LOST) was picked to play Gambit in the movie, “I actually screen-tested with Hugh Jackman. It was amazing – they said, ‘You’re it, you’re the guy, you’re Gambit!’ and they shook my hand.”
Holloway added, “[The studio head] said, ‘I want someone really young, like that kid in HIGH SCHOOL MUSICALl!’, so there I went.” Taylor Kitsch got the role instead.

GHOSTBUSTERS---director Paul Feig said he would to direct a sequel, “We would love [to make another movie], it’s really up to the studio. We had so much fun making that movie. The movie’s just really built an audience in the two years since it’s been out. I get contacted every day by people who are such fans of it, and so many women who are inspired by seeing women in science. I will go to my grave so proud of that movie, and so proud of what that cast did in that film.”

TRIVIA--the latest James Bond movie trivia.
Ursula Andress and Angela Scoular played Bond Girls in an official Bond movie and an unofficial Bond movie.
Ursula Andress played Honey Ryder in DR. NO, the first James Bond movie and is considered by many to be the definitive Bond Girl. Andress played Vesper Lynd in CASINO ROYALE, the first unofficial Bond movie.

Andress in the classic white bikini scene in DR. NO. The bikini was sold at an auction for $59,755 in 2001.

Andress with Peter Sellers in the original CASINO ROYALE. Burt Bacharach's "The Look of Love" theme for Andress received an Academy Award nomination.

Angela Scoular played Buttercup in CASINO ROYALE. She played Ruby Bartlett in ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE, the first Bond movie without Sean Connery. Bartlett, who suffered from bipolar disorder, died in 2011 when she drank and poured acid drain cleaner on herself.

Scoular with David Niven in CASINO ROYALE.

Scoular with George Lazenby in ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Tue May 01, 2018 2:07 pm

TUESDAY, MAY 1

ANT-MAN AND THE WASP---new trailer released.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUkn-enk2RU

EVIL GENIUS---Netflix trailer released for the documentary series about the infamous "Pizza Bomber Heist".

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qpdb9zo_1t8&t=72s

DESTROYER---Mel Gibson will direct this World War II movie based on the book HELL FROM THE HEAVENS: THE EPIC STORY OF THE USS LAFFEY AND WORLD WAR II'S GREATEST KAMIKAZE ATTACK which is about the destroyer USS Laffey which endured 22 kamikaze attacks in 80 minutes during the invasion of Okinawa. Rosalind Ross (MATADOR), Gibson's girlfriend, is the script writer.
Gibson is in talks to co-star with Mark Wahlberg in THE SIX BILLION DOLLAR MAN, the remake of the Lee Majors sci fi tv series.

THE WAREHOUSE---Ron Howard will direct this movie based on the upcoming novel about online retail giant Cloud which dominates global commerce when the world is stricken with political upheaval and climate change. Two cloud employees, a security staffer and a spy, fall in love and discover Cloud's dark secret.

MAN OF STEEL 2---director Christopher McQuarrie spoke again about directing Henry Cavill (MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE--FALLOUT) again after they had discussed reuniting for the MAN OF STEEL sequel, “If Henry asked me to, sure, why not?”

STAR WARS: EPISODE IX---casting call for a female character named Caro, a leader with a good sense of humor, was revealed.

THE JANSON DIRECTIVE---John Cena will star in this Universal Pictures movie based on the Robert Ludlum novel. Dwayne Johnson is the producer.

THE KILLER---John Woo will direct the Universal Pictures remake of his classic movie. Lupita N'yongo (BLACK PANTHER) is in talks to star.

MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE---Ben Wheatley (FREE FIRE, HIGH -RISE) may direct a Marvel Studios movie. Actor Bob Mortimer said he and Wheatley were planning a Michael Jackson-related project until Marvel intervened, “We were about to start that but then Ben got offered one of the big Marvel films, so it weren’t for us to say, ‘you ain’t doing that Ben’.” Earlier, Wheatley said he was interested in a MARVEL ZOMBIES movie.

BLESSED VIRGIN---Paul Verhoeven (TOTAL RECALL) movie set in 17th century Italy when a young nun, who can perform miracles, enters a convent and begins a lesbian affair. Virginie Efira, Charlotte Rampling and Lambert Wilson star.

I'LL BE GONE IN THE DARK---HBO documentary series underway based on the book by journalist Michelle McNamara and her search to find the Golden State Killer who terrorized California in the 1970s and 1980s. Former policeman Joseph James DeAngelo was recently arrested for the crimes.

FAILSAFE---Netflix movie underway based on the graphic novel about an insurgent hunter who battles nanotech sleeper agent/soldiers trying to seize New York. Michael B. Jordan is the producer and may star.

BLACK EARTH RISING---BBC Two/Netflix series starring John Goodman and Michaela Coel which focuses on the Rwandan genocide.

TRIVIA---THE TWILIGHT ZONE episode "King Nine Will Not Return" starred Robert Cummings as a pilot who is stranded in the Libyan desert with the wreckage of his World War II bomber and discovers it's really 1960.
Rod Serling wrote the episode after an oil exploration team discovered the wreckage of a B-24 Liberator bomber "Lady Be Good" in the Libyan desert in 1958 after it disappeared on its first and last mission over Naples in 1943. It is speculated that the B-24 was lost in a sand storm and ran out of fuel. Most of the crew then bailed out and perished in the desert.
Cummings, whose real name is Robert Charles Clarence Orville Cummings, was named after his godfather, Orville Wright, who, along with his brother Wilbur, flew man's first powered airplane flight, in Kitty Hawk, North Carolina in 1903. By some accounts, Cummings was taught to fly by Orville Wright.
Cummings was an aviation enthusiast and was the first officially licensed flight instructor in the United States. During World War II, he was a US Army Air Force flight instructor.

Robert Cummings in "King Nine Will Not Return".

Cummings was named after his godfather, aviation pioneer Orville Wright.

The wreckage of "Lady Be Good" was discovered in the Libyan desert in 1958.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Wed May 02, 2018 12:51 pm

WEDNESDAY, MAY 2

SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY---featurette on the Millennium Falcon.

Featurette link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3Cyofu6hLE&t=32s

TERMINATOR---Brett Azar, who played the young T-800 in TERMINATOR: GENISYS, confirmed he has joined the sequel cast in an undisclosed role. This led to speculation he will play a young Arnold Schwarzenegger in the sequel.

355---all-female spy thriller movie underway in which five international female spies team up to battle a global conspiracy. Jessica Chastain, Penelope Cruz, Marion Cotillard, Fan Bingbing and Lupita Nyong'o star. Simon Kinberg (X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX) is the director.

CRAWL---movie underway in which a woman is trapped in a house trying to save her father during a major hurricane when she discovers a bloodthirsty alligator sees her as its next meal. Alexandre Aja is the director. Sam Raimi is the producer.

THE AMERICAN---Jake Gyllenhaal will play Leonard Bernstein in this biomovie about Bernstein when he was 25 years old. Cary Fukunaga (TRUE DETECTIVE) is the director.

WESTWORLD---HBO renewed the series for Season 3.

THE HANDMAID'S TALE---Hulu renewed the series for Season 3.

McMAFIA---BBC renewed the series for Season 2.

SISTERS IN LAW---miniseries underway based on the book about Supreme Court Justices Sandra Day O'Connor and Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Alyssa Milano is a co-producer.

BAD SAMARITAN---David Tennant, Robert Sheehan and Kerry Condon star in this movie about two petty burglars who break into the house of a wealthy man, discover he is a serial killer and must save a bloodied woman from being his next victim. Dean Devlin is the director.

PAUL COELHO---tv series underway based on Paul Coelho's three novels: THE DEVIL AND MISS PRYM, BRIDA and THE WITCH OF PORTOBELLLO.

CURFEW---Sky TV eight-part miniseries about the world's fastest illegal nighttime street race. Sean Bean, Billy Zane, Michael Biehn and Miranda Richardson star.

THE GOOD FIGHT---CBS All Access renewed the series for Season 3.

FOUR WEDDINGS AND A FUNERAL---Hulu/Mindy Kaling miniseries underway based on the 1984 movie.

HAPPY DEATH DAY 2---Jessica Rothe and Israel Broussard are returning for the sequel.

TRIVIA---John Wayne first said "pilgrim" in THE MAN WHO SHOT LIBERTY VALANCE for a total of 23 times. Wayne said "pilgrim" once in McLINTOCK!

Youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O8oLqY2sxo

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Thu May 03, 2018 1:56 pm

THURSDAY, MAY 3

THE CATCHER WAS A SPY---trailer released for the movie about baseball catcher Moe Berg who was a spy for the US in World War II. Paul Rudd, Jeff Daniels and Mark Strong star.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o3w8GsIDKk

ROBIN HOOD---trailer released for the movie starring Taron Egerton, Jamie Foxx and Ben Mendelsohn.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJfDBSWYqU8&t=10s

MIDWAY---Woody Harrelson and Mandy Moore are in negotiations to join the ensemble cast of the Roland Emmerich (INDEPENDENCE DAY) movie about the battle in the Pacific Theater that was a turning point in World War II.

JUNGLE CRUISE---Paul Giamatti will reunite with his SAN ANDREAS star, Dwayne Johnson, in the Walt Disney Pictures movie that also stars Emily Blunt. Giamatti will play a "crusty harbormaster".

THE WALKING DEAD---Season 9 will introduce lesbian characters Magna and Yumiko from the comic book.

BLACK WIDOW---Marvel Studios has met with over 65 candidates to direct the Scarlett Johansson movie. The candidates include Deniz Gamze Erguven, Chloe Zhao, Maggie Betts, Angela Robinson and Amma Asante.

SPAWN---Jamie Foxx has reportedly been offered the movie's title role in which he has been seeking for years.

THE OUTPOST---Scott Eastwood, Orlando Bloom and Caleb Landry Jones star in this movie based on the book about the true story of 53 US soldiers at an Afghan outpost under siege by over 400 insurgents. Rod Lurie (THE CONTENDERS) is the director.

IRONBARK---Benedict Cumberbatch stars in this biomovie about British spy Greville Wynne, who teamed up with Soviet Colonel Oleg Penovsky, to provide valuable information to the CIA about the Cuban Missile Crisis.

GREEN HORNET---Seth Rogen said Nicolas Cage came "really close" to being the villain in the 2011 movie. Rogen said Cage wanted the villain to be a "White Bahamian or Jamaican".
Rogen added, '“[I] think he could so viscerally tell that we didn’t like the idea that he just left right in the middle of dinner. He was just like, “I gotta go.” It was as if I just stood up right now with you and walked out. That’s how abrupt it was. Then he called me two days after that and said, “I’m getting the sense that you don’t want me in this movie.” That’s what happened. But God bless Nicolas Cage. I’m a huge fan.”'

SWAMP THING---DC Entertainment is developing a tv series for its DC Universe streaming channel.

THE SOUND OF PHILADELPHIA---Matthias Schoenaerts, Garrett Hedlund and Scoot McNairy star in this movie based on the book BROTHERLY LOVE about a Philadelphia mob family.

THE APPRENTICE---biomovie underway about young Donald Trump and his rise to power in New York which led to the road to the White House. Gabe Sherman is the writer.

DALI LAND---Ben Kingsley and Lesley Manville star in this biomovie about Salvador Dali.

THE CROWN---Helena Bonham Carter will play Princess Margaret in season 3.

DORA THE EXPLORER---Isabela Moner (TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT) will star in the movie based on the nickelodeon series.

MALEFICENT 2---Harris Dickinson (MALL RATS) will play the prince in the sequel.

EMPIRE---Fox renewed the series for Season 5.

TRIVIA---British composer John Addison won an Academy Award for TOM JONES, an Emmy for MURDER, SHE WROTE and a BAFTA Award for A BRIDGE TOO FAR. In World War II, Addison was a Sherman tank commander who was wounded when his tank was knocked out after D-Day. Ironically, he saw action in the Battle of Arnhem which was featured in A BRIDGE TOO FAR. Addison also composed the score for REACH FOR THE SKY, the biomovie about his brother-in-law, RAF ace Douglas Bader.

Addison won an Academy Award for TOM JONES.

Addison won an Emmy for MURDER, SHE WROTE.

Addison composed the score for REACH FOR THE SKY, the biomovie about his brother-in-law, RAF ace Douglas Bader.

Addison won a BAFTA Award for A BRIDGE TOO FAR, the movie about the disastrous Operation Market Garden where Addison saw combat as a Sherman tank commander.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Sony and Industry Related News