[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony Pictures

Advanced search
It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:50 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony Pictures

Sony Pictures

The latest Sony related news and industry news as well.

Moderator: jttar

by SONYESP » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:21 pm

MONDAY, APRIL 9

SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY---trailer released for the young Han Solo movie.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPEYpryMp2s

THE MEG---photo released from the Jason Statham movie based on the novel shows the bloody-thirsty 75 foot-long Megalodon shark.

JAGGED EDGE---Halle Berry will star in the Sony Pictures remake of the 1985 movie starring Glenn Close, Jeff Bridges and Robert Loggia in which a newspaper publisher hires a top lawyer after he's accused of murdering his wealthy wife.

MURPHY BROWN---photo released of the CBS revival cast including Candice Bergen, Faith Ford, Joe Regalbuto, Grant Shaud, Nik Dodani and producer Diane English.

GAME OF THRONES---Season 8's epic battle scene will be the biggest in series history and took 55 consecutive nights to film.

THE TALISMAN---Steven Spielberg said he's hoping to produce a movie based on the Stephen King novel, "I’ve owned the book since ’82, and I’m hoping to get this movie made in the next couple of years. I’m not committing to the project as a director, I’m just saying that it’s something that I’ve wanted to see come to theaters for the last 35 years.”

THE JOKER---Nicolas Cage said he's interested in playing the role, "...I think my comic book days are kind of…I’m on to other things, but I always thought I’d make a great Joker and I always thought that I would’ve been a good villain in one of the Marvel [movies] like Doctor Doom. But, Doctor Doom you have to wear that mask, but I thought the story leading up to Doctor Doom could’ve been interesting. At this point if I was to go back into the format it would probably have to be as a villain."

A DRY RUN---six-hour miniseries underway about the US Abraham Lincoln and George Washington Battalions who fought in the Spanish Civil War which lasted from 1936 to 1939. David Simon (THE WIRE) is the producer.

THE LAST MASTERS---movie underway about three generations of martial arts fighters who battle international drug lords. Alex Tse (WATCHMEN) is the writer.

THE CROW---the Jason Momoa movie will have T-Bird as the main villain with villainess Top Dollar as his girlfriend and a female Detective Albrecht.

THE BAXTERS---Roma Downey and Ted McGinley star in this family tv series based on the book series.

MOM---CBS renewed the series for Season 6.

EVERYTHING SUCKS!---Netflix canceled the series.

TRIVIA---more James Bond movie trivia.
GOLDFINGER, which starred Sean Connery, Gert Frobe and Honor Blackman, is considered to be the best of the James Bond movies.

Before GOLDFINGER, Connery and Frobe co-starred in the World War II D-Day epic, THE LONGEST DAY.

In GOLDFINGER, the original script had Honor Blackman introducing herself to James Bond, "I'm Pussy Galore". Bond replies, "I know, but what's your name."
The line was considered too suggestive, so it was changed to Bond replying, "I must be dreaming."

After GOLDFINGER, Connery and Blackman reunited for the Western SHALAKO.

Connery and Brigitte Bardot in SHALAKO.

Blackman, Bardot and Jack Hawkins in SHALAKO.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:58 pm

TUESDAY, APRIL 10

THE MEG---trailer released for the prehistoric shark movie starring Jason Statham.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsLk0NPRFAc

A QUIET PLACE---co-writer Scott Beck said another family might be the plot for the sequel, “There are so many discarded set pieces, too, just hiding out on Word documents on our computer. So, yeah, there are certainly so many stories you could tell. It’s just really, at the end of the day, who are the characters in this and what does this situation mean to that dynamic?”

TERMINATOR---Diego Boneta (ROCK OF AGES) will play a key undisclosed human role in the sequel.

STAR TREK: DISCOVERY---Anson Mount (HELL ON WHEELS) will play Captain Christopher Pike in Season 2. Jeffrey Hunter played Pike in the original series.

STAR WARS---Lucasfilm/ILM VFX supervisor Ben Morris said digital scans of the franchise's lead actors is standard procedure because they are useful as references in post-production special effects.

BATGIRL---Christina Hodson (UNFORGETTABLE) will write the script for the movie.

O'LUCKY DAY---Peter Dinklage is in negotiations to star in this movie about a con man who plays a leprechaun to seek revenge.

RUN THIS TOWN---Damien Lewis will star in this movie about former Toronto Mayor Rob Ford who smoked crack cocaine in a video, was accused of sexual abuse and other controversies.

NOS4A2---AMC tv series underway based on the horror novel.

THE TALE---Laura Dern, Elizabeth Debicki, Jason Ritter and Ellen Burstyn star in this HBO movie based on the true story about a teenage girl who was seduced by a conspiracy involving her riding instructor and her track coach.

ALICE ISN'T DEAD---tv series underway based on the podcast and upcoming novel about a female truck driver who searches for her missing wife and discovers a conspiracy of unhuman serial killers.

ALEXA & KATIE---Netflix renewed the series for Season 2.

MOZART IN THE JUNGLE---Amazon cancelled the series.

TRIVIA---Richard Donner is best known for directing the LETHAL WEAPON movies, SUPERMAN, THE OMEN and THE TWILIGHT ZONE episode "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet".
However, his first movie was X-15 which told the story about NASA's record-setting rocket plane. The movie starred David McLean, Charles Bronson (THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN, THE GREAT ESCAPE), Mary Tyler Moore (in her first movie role), Kenneth Tobey (THE THING), James Gregory (THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE, BARNEY MILLER) and Brad Dexter (THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN) with narration by Jimmy Stewart.

X-15 starred MAGNIFICENT SEVEN co-stars Charles Bronson and Brad Dexter.

X-15 was Mary Tyler Moore's first movie role.

Co-star Kenneth Tobey played an Air Force pilot again in the classic THE THING.

James Gregory co-starred with Frank Sinatra and Angela Lansbury in THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE.

Former bomber pilot and war hero Jimmy Stewart narrated X-15.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:10 pm

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 11

JAMES CAMERON'S STORY OF SCIENCE FICTION---trailer released for the AMC six-part sci fi documentary series.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e04_GDLlfrQ

STAR WARS---Mark Hamill commented on Carrie Fisher's death and his future with the franchise, “It really has tarnished my ability to enjoy it to its fullest. You were asking earlier, ‘Are you gonna come back?’ I don’t care anymore, on that level. Because Han Solo is gone, Luke is gone. You just can’t get the band back together the way you wanted it to be, and it shouldn’t be that way. It is what it is. Rather than being sorry that we can’t have more of her, I’m just grateful that we had the time with her that we did.”

HELLBOY---Milla Jovovich posted a photo of the reboot movie banner showing the Hellboy and Blood Queen.

THE TOYMAKER'S SECRET---Alex Garland (EX MACHINA) CGI/live-action family fantasy movie underway about an American family that moves into a Victorian mansion in London where a toymaker had made his toys come to life. Paloma Baeza, Garland's wife, is the director.

JAMES BOND---Daniel Craig confirmed he is returning for the 25th Bond movie.
Also, Bond Girl Rosamund Pike (DIE ANOTHER DAY) said a female James Bond would be, “sloppy seconds" for her personally. But she would be interested in a female Bond-spinoff movie that should be an, “unexpected, unapologetic, kick-ass, amazing female agent.”

30 ROCK---Jane Krakowski confirmed there are talks to revive the series.

FOUNDATION---Apple tv series underway based on the Isaac Asimov novel trilogy.

THE SPY---Sacha Baron Cohen will star in the Netflix six-part miniseries about legendary Israeli spy Eli Cohen who was based in Syria in the early 1960s.

THE LORD OF THE RINGS---a new book, THE FALL OF GONDOLIN, will be published on August 30, 2018.

TRIVIA--in the Oscar-winning biomovie PATTON, the "Soldier Who Gets Slapped" is played by Tim Considine, a veteran actor who is best known for playing the eldest son on the CBS sitcom MY THREE SONS. He also appeared on the MICKEY MOUSE CLUB, THE HARDY BOYS and THE SHAGGY DOG. He is a race car historian and a contributing editor to ROAD & TRACK magazine.
His father was Oscar-nominated producer John W. Considine, Jr. (BOYS TOWN). Considine's brother, John Considine, was also a veteran actor. His uncle, Bob Considine was a famous writer who co-authored THIRTY SECONDS OVER A TOKYO which was made into a movie.

Tim Considine played the soldier slapped by General George S. Patton in PATTON.

Considine co-starred on the CBS sitcom MY THREE SONS as the eldest son of an aerospace engineer played by Fred MacMurray, and he appeared in Walt Disney's MICKEY MOUSE CLUB.

Considine's father, John W. Considine, Jr., was the producer on the Oscar-nominated movie BOYS TOWN starring Spencer Tracy and Mickey Rooney.

Considine's brother, John, was veteran character actor and appeared in many movies and tv series, including THE OUTER LIMITS episode "The Man Who Was Never Born".

Considine's uncle, Bob Considine, was a popular writer who co-authored THIRTY SECONDS OVER TOKYO which became a movie starring Spencer Tracy, Van Johnson and Robert Mitchum.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:03 pm

THURSDAY, APRIL 12

OCEAN'S 8---trailer released for the all-female spinoff movie.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5LoVcVsiSQ

A QUIET PLACE---John Krasinski explained the origin of the movie's monsters, "They’re definitely aliens. They’re an evolutionary perfect machine. The idea is if they grew up on a planet that had no humans and no light, then they don’t need eyes, they can only hunt by sound. They also develop a way to protect themselves from everything else – that’s why they’re bulletproof.
The other idea was it’s also the reason why they were able to survive an explosion on their planet and then survive on these meteorites. Until they open themselves up to be vulnerable, they’re completely invulnerable."
Krasinksi's next directorial job is Paramount Picture's sci fi movie LIFE ON MARS which is based on the short story "We Have Always Lived on Mars" in which a female member of survivors from Earth living on Mars discovers she can breathe Martian air.

JUMANJI 3---Dwayne Johnson confirmed the sequel to WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE is underway. WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE passed the original SPIDER-MAN as Sony Pictures' #1 domestic hit.
Johnson also commented on the DOC SAVAGE movie being written by Shane Black (LETHAL WEAPON), “That project had a few issues, not creative issues but more so business affairs issues — where the project once was, who had rights to it, where we were trying to move it to. There was a lot of that, which we’re still kind of working through. At the end of the day, Shane’s such a spectacular writer or director, but whether it’s that project or something else, we’ve made a pact that we’re going to work together at some point in our careers.”

ATOMIC BLONDE---Charlize Theron said the sequel is underway, "We're working on a sequel."

THE WALKING DEAD---outgoing showrunner Scott R. Gimple commented on the Season 8 finale and that Season 9 will make a course correction to address sinking ratings, “It was a very hard season. And kind of everybody is in this episode. It was just intense. People were pretty to the limit this year emotionally. Also, this episode isn’t just like these 15 episodes coming to a conclusion, but Angela and myself and the writers had always talked about this in many ways being sort of the conclusion of the first eight seasons. This show will be very much a new show next year and with a bigger, new narrative.”

THE BATMAN---Jake Gyllenhaal commented on if he will star in the movie, "Wow, that's a very difficult question. The answer to that question is 'no.' "

DEXTER---Michael C. Hall talked about a possible revival of the series, “Maybe. It’s a possibility given how the show ended that we could revisit Dexter. I have just yet to, for my part, imagine or hear someone else’s idea that makes it feel worth doing. But never say never.”

MULAN!----Donnie Yen (ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY) will play Commander Tung, Mulan's mentor, in the remake movie.

PAUL LE ROUX---Michael Mann is developing a movie based on an upcoming book about Paul Le Roux, one of the most wanted international criminals of the 21st century.

TREADSTONE---USA Network tv pilot underway based on the origin of the Jason Bourne Operation Treadstone, the CIA's black ops program to develop super assassins.

INJECTION---tv series underway based on the comic book about an artificial intelligence conspiracy.

TRVIA---Dabbs Greer was one of Hollywood's most prolific character actors. He appeared in many movies and tv shows including GUNSMOKE, PERRY MASON, ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN, WAGON TRAIN, THE UNTOUCHABLES, THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW, BONANZA, THE TWILIGHT ZONE, THE DICK VAN DYKE SHOW, THE FUGITIVE, THE OUTER LIMITS, MANNIX, THE WILD WILD WEST, THE ROCKFORD FILES, CHARLIE'S ANGELS and LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE.
One of his early movie roles was an astronaut in IT! THE TERROR FROM BEYOND SPACE which inspired Ridley Scott's ALIEN. His last role was the older version of Paul Edgecomb (Tom Hanks) in THE GREEN MILE.

Greer in GUNSMOKE.

Greer in THE TWILIGHT ZONE episode "Hocus-Pocus and Frisby".

Greer in ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN.

Greer in LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE.

Greer aims a bazooka at the Martian alien in IT! THE TERROR FROM BEYOND SPACE which was an inspiration for Ridley Scott's ALIEN.

Greer's last movie role was playing the older version of Paul Edgecomb (Tom Hanks) in THE GREEN MILE.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:35 pm

FRIDAY, APRIL 13

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM---teaser trailer released for the sequel.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OogedrOiq8I

FEAR THE WALKING DEAD---video of the first three minutes of the Season 4 premiere released.

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AII-RhRpePg

IT CHAPTER 2---James McAvoy and Bill Hader are in talks to co-star with Jessica Chastain in the sequel. McAvoy would play the adult Bill Denbrough, and Hader would play the adult Richie Tozier.

MAD ABOUT YOU---Paul Reiser and Helen Hunt have signed to star in the Sony Pictures Television revival series that will be shopped to the networks. The original series ran on NBC from 1992-1999.

MULAN!---Gong Li will play the evil witch in the remake movie. Jet Li is in talks to play the Emperor of China.

THE ETERNALS---a rumor claims Marvel Studios is developing a movie based on the comic book.

ALIENS---Neill Blomkamp says his sequel to ALIENS is dead,"... I wish I could share more, but obviously Fox owns it. It’s just an unfortunate thing. I speak to Sigourney [Weaver] about it sometimes. At this point, it’s kinda like the fire that was burning within me to make that is gone. Stepping outside of even the legal kind of studio-based politics I just feel like its time has come and gone.
So, yeah…I think no. And I say that really reluctantly because I cannot state how much of a fan of Sigourney I am and how much of a fan I am of Alien and Aliens and the idea of doing a sequel to James Cameron’s film is amazing on all levels. But, there’s a point at which when you’re years into it you have to move on. So, I think that has happened to me.”

JESSICA JONES---Netflix renewed the series for Season 3.

HBO---renewed BARRY and SILICON VALLEY.

THE LAUNDROMAT---Steven Soderbergh will direct this movie about the 2016 Panamanian Papers which were leaked bank records that revealed a massive international money laundering conspiracy and other financial crimes.

TRIVIA---Betsy Palmer starred in FRIDAY THE 13TH because she needed money to replace her broken-down car. She said, "What a piece of sh*t! Nobody is ever going to see this thing." After the slasher movie was a smash hit, she accepted it and the new fame it brought to her.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:30 pm

MONDAY, APRIL 16

HOTEL ARTEMIS---trailer released for the movie starring Jodie Foster and Jeff Goldblum.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqfuKsoEEms

HURRICANE---trailer for the World War II movie about an RAF Hurricane squadron.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgmMIisbufo

MARY SHELLEY---trailer released for the movie about FRANKENSTEIN author Mary Shelley.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-WGaZaojFc

SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY---photo released shows Paul Bettany as the movie's main villain, Dryden Vos, the mastermind of the Conveyex heist which is the movie's focal point.

THE TERMINATOR---Gabriel Luna (MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.) will play the new Terminator in the sequel starring Arnold Schwarzeneggger and Linda Hamilton.

STAR TREK: DISCOVERY---Jonathan Frakes will direct Episodes 2 and 10 in Season 2. Episode 2 will use flashbacks to show Captain Christopher Pike (Anson Mount) and a young Spock.

THE WALKING DEAD---Survival Sunday, the official Twitter account for THE WALKING DEAD, announced that more characters from the series will do crossovers on FEAR THE WALKING DEAD, "Wait, did we say Morgan’s the only character from #TheWalkingDead crossing over to #FearTWD? Because he’s not."

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR---Joe and Anthony Russo, who had directed episodes of ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT before working with Marvel Studios, said fans should expect some ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT cameos in INFINITY WAR.

AGENT CARTER---Hayley Atwell blamed ABC for AGENT CARTER's cancellation, “It’s a shame the network cancelled it and wanted to put me in something more mainstream. You know, Marvel didn’t want it to end. There are lots of online campaigns to bring her back. Fans loved her.
I think it was just a network economical thing: ‘Let’s put Hayley Atwell in something more mainstream that’s less genre-specific and see if we can get higher ratings.’ And unfortunately, that isn’t, as an actor, anything I’ve got control over."

NCIS---CBS renewed the series for Season 16.

V-WARS---Ian Somerhalder will star in the Netflix series underway based on the vampire plague comic book.

CATCH-22---Kyle Chandler will co-star in the Hulu miniseries based on the World War II novel.

THE BEATLES--Ed Sheeran is in talks to appear and write songs for the untitled Danny Boyle movie about a man who wakes up to discover he's the only person who can remember the songs of The Beatles. Lily James stars.

TRIVIA---latest in the series about James Bond movie trivia.
Ken Adam was a two-time Academy Award-winning production designer, who is best known for his spectacular designs for the James Bond movies. His movies include GOLDFINGER, THUNDERBALL, YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE, THE SPY WHO LOVED ME, MOONRAKER, DR. STRANGELOVE, BARRY LYNDON (Oscar), THE MADNESS OF KING GEORGE (Oscar), THE IPCRESS FILE, SLEUTH and others.
Adam was the son of a wealthy Jewish merchant in Berlin, but the family fortune was lost when the Nazis came to power in the early 1930s. The family left for England where Adam became only one of three German-born fighter pilots with the Royal Air Force. His flight instructor was Michael Rennie, who later starred in the classic THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL. As a Typhoon pilot, Adam was named "Heinie the tank-buster" for his skills in destroying German tanks.

Adam with his Typhoon fighter-bomber.

Michael Rennie (THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL) was Adam's RAF flight instructor.

Adam designed the classic, gadget-filled Aston Martin DB5, "the most famous car in the world", for GOLDFINGER.

The Fort Knox gold depository in GOLDFINGER.

Adam designed the armed "cocoon" for the Disco Volante hydrofoil which was based on a a real yacht.

SPECTRE's volcano rocket base in YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE.

Adam designed the world's largest stage, the 007 Stage, at Pinewood Studios for the hijacked submarines in the supertanker Liparus, for THE SPY WHO LOVED ME. Adam had his friend, Stanley Kubrick, secretly visit the set to advise him on how to light the set.

The Lotus Esprit Submarine in THE SPY WHO LOVED ME.

The Pentagon War Room in DR. STRANGELOVE.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by dragon53 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:39 pm

TUESDAY, APRIL 17

BIRDS OF PREY---Cathy Yan (DEAD PIGS) will direct the untitled Harley Quinn movie starring Margot Robbie. The movie will be based on the BIRDS OF PREY comic book. Yan will be the second woman and the first Asian-American to direct a DC Extended Universe movie.

SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY---co-writer Jonathan Kasdan said Michael Mann movies were the inspiration for the Conveyex heist featured in SOLO, “Part of the challenge is to come up with new, inventive kinds of action we haven’t seen in STAR WARS. We often referenced HEAT and THIEF as high-end criminals doing serious jobs that involve huns and big hijackings.”

STEVEN SPIELBERG---the success of READY PLAYER ONE has earned Spielberg the distinction of being the first director whose movies have brought in $10 billion globally and made him the world's richest director.

THE WALKING DEAD---Season 8's finale drew 7.9 million viewers which is the lowest season finale rating since Season 1. The Season 8 finale had an 18% increase over the previous week's episode, but was 30% down from Season 7's finale.

PET SEMETARY---Jason Clarke (ZERO DARK THIRTY) is in talks to star in the remake of the 1989 movie based on the Stephen King novel. Dale Midkiff and Denise Crosby starred in the original movie.

LOST IN SPACE---co-writers Matt Sazama and Burk Sharpless said they are already working on Season 2, “[The details are] pretty well worked out. There’s obviously a deep backstory of the robot and the causality of what caused this whole world to happen, and we’ve definitely figured that part out… We are working on scripts and hoping that if we get a green light we’re ready to go. We’ve had a lot of thoughts about it, and hopefully, if everyone watches it, we’ll get to see more adventures of the Robinsons, because we do have some crazy stuff planned out that we really hope we get to film.”

I AM PILGRIM---James Gray (THE LOST CITY OF Z) will direct the movie based on the spy novel.

THE PERIPHERAL---Amazon series underway based on the sci fi novel.

CHRISTY MARTIN---Amy Schumer is in talks to star in this untitled biomovie about world champion female boxer Christy Martin who was almost killed by her manager/husband when she left him for her lesbian lover.

THE GOLDBERGS---ABC spinoff series underway about the faculty at William Penn Academy in the 1990s.

JOHN McCAIN---HBO documentary underway on the senator and former presidential candidate.

THE BIG BANG THEORY---Mark Hamill, Will Wheaton and Kathy Bates are among the guest stars for the wedding episode between Sheldon and Amy which airs on May 10.

TRIVIA---the body count for Sam Peckinpah's classic Western is 145 according to moviebodycount.com. The body count breakdown is:

Pike Bishop (William Holden)---38
Lyle Gorch (Warren Oates)---27
Dutch Engstrom (Ernest Borgnine)---23
Tector Gorch (Ben Johnson)---22
Deke Thornton (Robert Ryan)---3
Angel (Jaime Sanchez)---3

Entire Film Breakdown:
San Rafael---22
Train Robbery---4
Fight at the Bridge---3
Battle of Agua Verde---112
miscellaneous---4

dragon53
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by SONYESP » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:17 pm

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 18

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM---official trailer released for the sequel.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FJD7jZqZEk

BLACKHAWK---Steven Spielberg will direct this Warner Bros. movie based on the DC Comics comic book about a squadron of international fighter pilots who battle the Nazis in World War II. David Koepp (JURASSIC PARK) will write the script.

GREMLINS---writer/director Chris Columbus commented on the status of the successor to the 1984 movie, “GREMLINS, we are actively talking about that. So that’s what I am working on with my production company 1492 Pictures… It will almost definitely be a reboot.”
Earlier, Columbus said the script was finished and that it was "twisted and dark".

STRANGER THINGS---Cary Elwes and Jake Busey have joined the cast of Season 3. Elwes will play sleazy Mayor Kune, and Busey will play a journalist with THE HAWKINS POST.

WISH DRAGON---Jackie Chan and Constance Wu will provide the voices for this Sony Pictures Animation movie inspired by the genie-in-a-bottle One Thousand and One Nights tale.

MAD MAX---Charlize Theron commented on a possible Furiosa spinoff movie, "I hope so. I love that character I loved working with George Miller and if he was ever on board, yeah. I mean, I would be in right from the beginning. With him (George Miller) it’s kind of like working with Jason Reitman. I wouldn’t even need to see a script, I trust him that much and it’s great when you have that with a filmmaker."

xXx---Vin Diesel and director DJ Caruso are returning for the fourth movie in the franchise.

MALEFICENT 2---Ed Skrein (DEADPOOL) will play the villain in the sequel.

THE PINNACLE---Christina Ricci and John Cusack star in this movie about a resident and an investigative reporter who team to investigate an ultra-luxurious, high-tech condo which may be brainwashing its tenants.

THE ORDER---new Netflix series about a college freshman who joins a secret society and encounters magic, monsters and werewolves.

THE FEMALE PERSUASION---Nicole Kidman stars in this movie based on the novel about a college freshman who meets a leader in the women's movement.

TRIVIA---in ZODIAC, editorial cartoonist Robert Graysmith (Jake Gyllenhaal) and Police Investigator Dave Toschi (Mark Ruffalo) seek to learn the identity of the Zodiac serial killer who is terrorizing San Francisco in the 1960s.
Toschi was the inspiration for Inspector Harry Callahan in Clint Eastwood's DIRTY HARRY. Toschi was also the inspiration for Steve McQueen's Lieutenant Frank Bullitt in BULLITT.

George Lucas, who felt Toschi was treated unfairly in the Zodiac case, named Tatooine Tosche Station "in honor of the SFPD inspector" in the original STAR WARS movie.

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X66jntR0MVE

In the scene where a tv talk show host and attorney Melvin Belli (Brian Cox) wait for Zodiac to call in to the show, the host tells Belli he liked Belli's appearance on STAR TREK. He was referring to Belli's cameo on "And the Children Shall Lead" episode where he played alien Gorgan. Belli's son, Caesar, played one of the children, Steve O'Connel, in the episode.

Caesar Belli (boy in the dark blue) played Steve O'Connel in STAR TREK with his father.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:23 pm

THURSDAY, APRIL 19

THE EQUALIZER 2---trailer released for the sequel starring Denzel Washington.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQKtSekSi94

DEADPOOL 2---trailer released for the sequel.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20bpjtCbCz0&t=20s

ANON---trailer released for the Netflix sci fi movie starring Clive Owen and Amanda Seyfried.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJOoYhQcQBI

WONDER WOMAN 2---Lynda Carter confirmed she's in talks to appear in the sequel.

THE HIGHWAYMEN---DC Films is seeking writers for a movie based on the comic book.

HOMELAND---Claire Danes confirmed Season 8 will be the last season, "Yeah, that's it."

JUNGLE CRUISE---Edgar Ramirez (THE GIRL ON THE TRAIN) will be the villain in the Walt Disney Pictures movie starring Dwayne Johnson and Emily Blunt.

THE WALKING DEAD---Robert Kirkman commented on the time discrepancy involving Morgan's crossover on FEAR THE WALKING DEAD, “There’s been a lot of time that’s passed since ‘Fear’ Season 3, since we’ve seen those characters. There’s actually been some time that’s passed between the last time we saw Morgan [Lennie James] in TWD Season 8 and now that we’re catching up to him in FEAR Season 4. And you know we’ll vaguely explore exactly how much time that was without ever nailing it down.”

THE ART OF RACING IN THE RAIN---Kevin Costner is in talks to provide the voice for the dog in the movie based on the novel about a race car driver and his dog.

M.A.S.K.---movie underway based on the Hasbro action figure. F. Gary Gray (THE FATE OF THE FURIOUS) is the director.

JETT---Carla Gugino stars in this Cinemax series about a top female thief, Daisy "Jett" Kowalski, who is forced to do one last job to support her new-born daughter.

DEADLY CLASS---Syfy series underway based on the graphic novel about a high school for assassins. Anthony and Joe Russo are the producers.

UTOPIA---Amazon/Gillian Flynn series about a mythical graphic novel whose deep conspiracies may be real.

GENIUS---Season 3 will focus on FRANKENSTEIN author Mary Shelley.

SEVEN SECONDS---Netflix cancelled the series.

TRIVIA--in CITY SLICKERS, Jack Palance, the former University of North Carolina football player, received an Academy Award for his role of Curly.
Billy Crystal wrote in his memoir, STILL FOOLIN' 'EM, that he had offered the Curly role to Charles Bronson, who phoned him with his reply.

'"Hello," I said cheerfully.

"F--- you," he replied. I waited for the punch line. There wasn't one.

"F--- you. I'm dead on page sixty-four! How dare you send this to me."

I wasn't sure if he was joking or not.

"You have a lot of nerve," he went on. "I don't die in my films." I was about to remind him that he died in The Magnificent Seven, but before I could, he said it again: "F--- you."

"Mr. Bronson, I'm sorry you feel this way. It's a great part."

"No, it's not—I'm dead on page sixty-f---ing-four." And he hung up.

I sat there, stunned, and then the phone rang and it was Jack's agent saying he'd blown off the other film because he wanted to do this one, and we were home safe."'

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:19 pm

FRIDAY, APRIL 20

SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY---co-writer Lawrence Kasdan commented on the relationship between Han and Chewbacca, "Obviously, they don’t automatically trust each other and become friends. But that’s all the meat of a good story. To me, this is a love story between Han and Chewie. Their relationship has always been my favorite part of the saga, and the fact that only Han understands what Chewie is saying, I find a very funny possibility for comedy … Wookiees have so many positive qualities. But what they don’t do is make it easy for you to get in.”
Also, a new tv commercial was released.

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGGyTO-VlUs

ALIEN---Ridley Scott said he's having second thoughts about replacing the Xenomorph in a future sequel, "In my career, which has been pretty long, there’s only been, with the greatest respect for the people I’ve worked with, two real, real originals. Funnily enough, I came across a guy called HR Giger and if I hadn’t got that monster you would not have had that movie. I saw the drawing – the drawing was drawn for the book, not the film – and I was so kind of taken, I flew to Switzerland where he lived because he didn’t want to get the plane as he was scared of flying.
It wouldn’t have been the same movie. Whilst the cast was wonderful, with Sigourney [Weaver] and Harry [Dean Stanton] and those people, but without that eighth passenger it wouldn’t have been the same film. What I’m trying to say is that there are rarities, there are those [ideas] that occur once in the while, not that often, but when they do grab them and hang on to them."

ANT-MAN AND THE WASP---Evangeline Lilly commented on the sequel, “Scott entered the Quantum Realm in the first film and came back, which is something they thought was impossible. The question has arisen ‘Can Janet come back?’ So the entire film, my character is hell-bent on finding a way to get into the Quantum Realm and bring her back.”
Director Peyton Reed talked about villain Ghost, "Ghosts primary power is the ability to ‘phase,’ which allows Ghost to move through solid matter. She has all sorts of strange versions of that phasing power — it proves quite difficult for Ant-Man and Wasp to deal with.”
Also, a new photo was released from the sequel.

THE OLD MAN AND THE GUN---photo released of Robert Redford (in supposedly his last role) and Cissy Spacek starring in the movie based on the true story of career criminal Forrest Tucker, who gets out of prison and commits a string of heists. Casey Affleck plays the police detective who is trying to apprehend him.

WORLD WAR Z 2---the zombie plague sequel has been delayed again and won't start filming until 2019 due to director David Fincher's busy schedule.

HALLOWEEN---Jamie Lee Curtis commented on the sequel, "There was the idea of, ‘What do you call it?’ If I had had my druthers, I probably would’ve called it Halloween Retold. Because it’s being retold. It’s the original story in many, many, many ways. Just retold 40 years later with my granddaughter."

THE DIVISION---David Leitch (DEADPOOL 2) will direct the movie movie based on the video game about a deadly virus that strikes New York. Jake Gyllenhaal and Jessica Chastain star.

BOSS LEVEL---Michelle Yeoh (TOMORROW NEVER DIES; CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON) and Selina Lo (THE SCORPION KING) will co-star with Frank Grillo, Mel Gibson and Naomi Watts in the sci fi movie.

ROCKETMAN---Taron Egerton (KINGSMAN: THE SECRET SERVICE) will play Elton John in the Paramount Pictures biomovie.

MURPHY BROWN---Tyne Daley will play Phyllis, the sister of deceased bar owner Phil (Pat Corley), who now owns the bar, in the revival series.

DOOM---Universal Pictures remake of the 2006 movie based on the video game is underway. Nina Bergman announced she will appear in the remake. Dwayne Johnson and Karl Urban starred in the original movie.

ZERO ZERO ZERO---Amazon bought the US rights to this tv series about drug lords battling for a cocaine shipment from Mexico to the US and to Europe. Dane DeHaan, Gabriel Byrne and Andrea Riseborough star.

FIRST WIVES CLUB---Paramount Network is developing a tv reboot of the 1996 comedy movie that starred Diane Keaton, Goldie Hawn and Bette Midler.

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE---the Nee Brothers (BAND OF ROBBERS) will direct the Sony Pictures movie.

PIMP---Keke Palmer, Haley Ramm and Edi Cathegi star in this movie about a lesbian hustler, who battles a pimp, while she struggles to support her girlfriend and her mother. Lee Daniels is the executive producer.

TRIVIA---today is Veronica Cartwright's 69th birthday. Her most famous roles included ALIEN, THE BIRDS and THE RIGHT STUFF.

Veronica Cartwright played Lambert in ALIEN.

Cartwright co-starred in Alfred Hitchcock's THE BIRDS.

In THE BIRDS, Doodles Weaver, who played the fisherman who helped Tippi Hedren with the rental boat, is the uncle of Sigourney Weaver, who co-starred with Cartwright in ALIEN.

Cartwright with Fred Ward in THE RIGHT STUFF.

Cartwright appeared in the remake of INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS (1978). She also appeared in the 2007 remake, THE INVASION.

Cartwright in FLIGHT OF THE NAVIGATOR.

Cartwright in THE TWILIGHT ZONE episode "I Sing the Body Electric" which was written by Ray Bradbury.

Her sister, Angela, is best known for co-starring in LOST IN SPACE and MAKE ROOM FOR DADDY.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Sony and Industry Related News