[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony Pictures

Advanced search
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:50 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony Pictures

Sony Pictures

The latest Sony related news and industry news as well.

Moderator: jttar

by SONYESP » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:28 pm

TUESDAY, MARCH 13

LOST IN SPACE---new Netflix featurette released on the remake series.

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLQURfozB-8

RAMPAGE---Dwayne Johnson promotional trailer released for the movie based on the game.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz9wzqWJZtM

TRIPLETS---Arnold Schwarzenegger said the sequel script to TWINS has been completed and confirmed that Eddie Murphy will co-star with Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito. He hinted about the plot which involves a, “funny thing that happens in the mixing of the sperm."

DIE HARD 6---the sequel script is being rewritten by Chad and Carey Hayes (THE CONJURING). Bruce Willis and director Len Wiseman (LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD) are returning. The rumored plot has detective John McClane in the present and McClane as a New York cop in the 1970s.

WESTWORLD---Jonathan Nolan said he will "f*ck" with the Reddit fan theories about Season 2, “TRUE DETECTIVE had a lot of fan theories that proved to be theories. There are lot of theories about WESTWORLD’s first season that proved to be plot twists. I think for every fan theory, we actually had an episode that dealt with it. We’re figuring out how to sort of interact with that in the second season. A somewhat controversial plan that we’re working on; we’ll have an announcement about it in a couple weeks.”

THE GOOD LIAR---Ian McKellen and Helen Mirren will star in this movie about a conman who seeks his last big score with a wealthy widow who he then falls in love with. Bill Condon (DREAMGIRLS) is the director.

THE UNDOING---HBO/Nicole Kidman miniseries underway based on the book YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWN.

LITTLE GIRLS EVERYWHERE---Hulu series underway based on the novel with Reese Witherspoon and Kerry Washington as the stars/producers.

THE GUERNSEY LITERARY AND POTATO PEEL PIE SOCIETY---Lily James will star in this Netflix series set in post-World War II England.

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER---Fox CEO Gary Newman said he wants to reboot the Joss Whedon vampire series, “[BUFFY] is probably the most ripe show we have for bringing back. It’s something we talk about frequently. Joss Whedon is one of the greatest creators we’ve ever worked for. When Joss decides it’s time, we’ll do it.”

TRIVIA---in BATTLE OF BRITAIN, Michael Caine (Spitfire Squadron Leader Canfield) gets in his sports car and drives off from a bombed airfield.
In reality, Caine did not know how to drive, so a team of prop men pulled the car along with Caine pretending to drive it.
Caine, who owned a yellow Rolls-Royce Corniche, said, "The first car I ever bought was a Rolls-Royce but I couldn't drive it, so I said I was going to learn to drive with my Rolls-Royce and the insurance company said, 'No you're not.' The premium was so high it was cheaper to hire a chauffeur."
When Caine moved to Hollywood, he decided to get his first driver's license. Caine talked about when he got into the car with the license examiner, "I got in the car and the guy looked at me and went, 'I loved you in THE MAN WHO WOULD BE KING. You're going to have to be sh*t to not pass this test.' "So, at the age of 50, I passed."
Caine's role as a Spitfire squadron leader in BATTLE OF BRITAIN continued as director Christopher Nolan wanted his good luck charm, Caine, to be in DUNKIRK---Caine is the voice of "Fortis leader" on the radio giving instructions to two other Spitfire pilots including Tom Hardy.
Ironically, in both movies, Caine's Spitfire is shot down.

Michael Caine played Spitfire Squadron Leader Canfield in BATTLE OF BRITAIN.

In BATTLE OF BRITAIN, Caine's car is about to be "driven" offscreen by a team of prop men.

Caine and his yellow Rolls-Royce Corniche.

Caine and Sean Connery in THE MAN WHO WOULD BE KING.

In DUNKIRK, Caine is the voice of Fortis Leader on the radio.

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07Pfj1HjjBQ
SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:06 pm

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 14

FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD---trailer released for the sequel.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sEaYB4rLFQ

GAME OF THRONES---HBO vice president Francesca Orsi said many of the cast will die in Season 8, the last season, “None of the cast had received the scripts prior, and one by one they started falling down to their deaths. It was amazing. By the very end, everyone looked down and looked up and tears were in their eyes."
Also, Sean Bean said Ned Stark's last words as he was being beheaded was a prayer, "I just thought, ‘What would you do if this were really gonna happen?’ You probably would pray. You probably would murmur some words and you’d keep it quiet. You’d keep it to yourself.
It’s quite subtle in that many people wouldn’t pick it up. It was an interesting thing to do for me at that point. There’s not much you can do really, you’ve got your head on a block. That’s about the only thing you can do is murmur."
He also said about returning for the last season, "No, they’ve never said that. And yeah, I’ve heard rumors, but not from very good sources that I might be back. But I think I’ve done my time there, and I created a good character. It’d be rather strange to see him resurrected."

ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD---Margot Robbie is in negotiations to play Sharon Tate in the Quentin Tarantino movie set during the Charles Manson Cult Murders. Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt also star.

PALE BLUE DOT---Jon Hamm is in talks to co-star with Natalie Portman in this movie about a female astronaut who returns after a long voyage and finds reality is falling apart.

CAGNEY & LACEY---Sarah Drew (GREY'S ANATOMY) and Michelle Hurd (BLINDSPOT) will star in the CBS reboot pilot of the 1980s female cop series.

DEVS---FX/Alex Garland (EX MACHINA, ANNIHILATION) pilot about “a young computer engineer, Lily, [who] investigates the secretive development division of her employer, a cutting-edge tech company based in San Francisco, which she believes is behind the disappearance of her boyfriend.”

TRANSFORMERS---Shia LaBeouf commented on his movie franchise, “My hang-up with those films was that they felt irrelevant. They felt dated as f*ck… You come up on these stories about Easy Rider and Raging Bull and De Niro and Scorsese and Hopper, and you find value in what they do. Meanwhile, you’re chasing energon crystals. It’s very hard to keep doing what you’re doing when you feel like it’s the antithesis of your purpose on this planet.”

3 FROM HELL---Rob Zombie confirmed the sequel to THE DEVIL'S REJECTS is underway with Sheri Moon Zombie and Bill Moseley returning.

TRIVIA---in the DIE HARD scene where John McClane (Bruce Willis) first met villain Hans Gruber (Alan Rickman), Gruber pretended to be an escaped hostage. McClane gave Gruber a pistol which Gruber then attempted to shoot McClane with---but it was empty. McClane said, “No bullets. What do you think, I’m f*ckin’ stupid, Hans?”
Fans have thought McClane recognized Gruber was really the villain was too easy. Co-writer David E. de Souza explained that the real reason McClane knew Gruber wasn't a hostage is because Gruber wore a Tag Heuer watch, and all the villains McClane killed before also wore Tag Heuer watches. However, the Tag Heuer scenes were deleted in the final cut.

Nakatomi executive Harry Ellis was #2 on MAXIM's "The Greatest Movie Sleazeballs of All Time". Ellis was played by Hart Bochner. Ironically, Bochner is the son of Lloyd Bochner who co-starred in Frank Sinatra's THE DETECTIVE which was based on the novel which was the prequel to the novel that eventually inspired DIE HARD. Lloyd Bochner also starred in the classic THE TWILIGHT ZONE episode, "To Serve Man".

In DIE HARD, Robert Davi and Grand L. Bush played the two FBI agents, Johnson and Johnson. In the James Bond movie LICENSE TO KILL, Bush played a DEA agent who helped nab a South American drug lord played by Davi.

The female hostage who screamed when the elevator door opened and revealed the dead villain with a Santa Claus cap is played by Rebecca Broussard. She is the mother of Jack Nicholson's two youngest children and played his secretary, Gladys, in THE TWO JAKES, the sequel to CHINATOWN.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:54 pm

THURSDAY, MARCH 15

STAR WARS: EPISODE IX---a Reddit rumor discusses fired director Colin Trevorrow's concept for EPISODE IX.
'"There were two key things Trevorrow wanted to be changed - and they were not minor. These two things have been known for a while around Disney. Firstly, he wanted Luke to still be alive in 9. He strongly disagreed with killing Luke off in 8 when he had just been re-introduced. Luke and Leia were to be a pivotal part of his script, with Leia's Force affinity revealed in a much more brother/sister way that was apparently going to be "beautiful and tragic". Mark Hamill loved it. "We were on the same page," as he's said about Trevorrow's storyline. However, Kennedy and Johnson wanted Luke dead - period. Second, he wanted Snoke to live, as his back story was to be more discussed. Fisher dying scuttled his original plan for the Leia Force affinity reveal, of course. But he still needed Luke alive for the story he wanted to tell to end the trilogy - more of a Luke handing off the baton to Rey and a Luke "walking off into the sunset" idea, in the last film - rather than Luke dying in 8. They refused. He argued. They fired him."'
Mark Hamill commented on Trevorrow's concept, "I had discussions with Colin. I was very excited because we were on the same page in terms of where we wanted to go and how we wanted to see Luke in a way that we never seen him. Even in this current version. But I don't know what went on. I don't want to know because there is no upside to that story. I like all those people. I like Kathy, and I like Lawrence Kasdan and all the people involved in that decision, but sometimes ignorance is bliss. And they don't tell me anything [laughs]."

SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY---international poster released for the young Han Solo movie.

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING 2---two characters are being cast for the sequel. The villain could be male or female, 30-45 years old and of any ethnicity. A high school student is male, 18-24 years old and won't be in a spinoff movie. Fan speculation is that the high school student is Harry Osborn.

NIGHTWATCH---Spike Lee is in talks to direct the Sony Pictures SPIDER-MAN spinoff movie.

GAME OF THRONES---Kit Harington said he won't return for the spinoff series, “I think there’s going to be spinoffs, but I’m not going to be involved in any of it.”

PRIMAL---Nicolas Cage and Famke Janssen star in this movie about a big-game hunter who is bringing back deadly animals from the Amazon on a freighter. An assassin, who is being extradited back to the US, escapes and frees the animals who stalk the humans on the freighter.

AGAINST ALL ENEMIES---Kristen Stewart, Anthony Mackie and Jack O'Connell star in this biomovie about the FBI's campaign to smear actress Jean Seberg because of her support for the Black Panther Party.

PARADISE HILLS---Emma Roberts (AMERICAN HORROR STORY) and Eiza Gonzalez (BABY DRIVER) star in this sci fi movie about a ruthless billionaire who sends his rival's daughter to a mysterious sanitarium to alter her mind so she will marry him.

MICHAEL ZERO---sci fi movie underway about a man who hunts down clones of himself who went AWOL to avoid fighting in a war. Tim Blake Nelson (THE INCREDIBLE HULK) is the director.

JOJO RABBIT---dark comedy movie in which a young boy is wounded by a grenade at a Nazi Youth Camp and discovers his mother is hiding a young Jewish girl in their house. He then develops an imaginary friend who is Adolf Hitler. Taika Waititi (THOR: RAGNAROK) is the director and will play Hitler.

ATTACK OF THE SOUTHERN FRIED ZOMBIES---an experimental kudzu pesticide causes a zombie outbreak in a small Mississippi town during a festival.

TRIVIA---Ken Lynch was a veteran character who was known for his stone-faced demeanor and often played cops and sheriffs. His credits include NORTH BY NORTHWEST, ANATOMY OF A MURDER, TORA! TORA! TORA!, PORK CHOP HILL, I MARRIED A MONSTER FROM OUTER SPACE, DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES, GUNSMOKE, BONANZA, PERRY MASON, STAR TREK, THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW, THE DICK VAN DYKE SHOW, THE TWILIGHT ZONE,THE ROCKFORD FILES, McCLOUD. KOLCHAK: THE NIGHT STALKER, WAGON TRAIN, ALL IN THE FAMILY and THE WINDS OF WAR.

Lynch arrested Cary Grant in NORTH BY NORTHWEST.

Lynch in "The Devil in the Dark" episode of STAR TREK.

Lynch in THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW.

Lynch in THE DICK VAN DYKE SHOW.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:56 pm

FRIDAY, MARCH 16

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR---trailer released for the sequel.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwievZ1Tx-8

QUEEN AND COUNTRY---Ridley Scott is in talks to direct this 20th Century Fox movie based on the graphic novel about a British female spy who is used as bait to snare an assassin after a terrorist attack in London.

READY PLAYER ONE---Steven Spielberg said he tried to include STAR WARS in his virtual reality movie, but was unable to get the rights, “We couldn’t get any STAR WARS rights ... They wouldn’t give up the STAR WARS rights.” Ben Mendelsohn then joked, “You could’ve called me on that one, Steve. I built the Death Star, I’m just saying.”
Movie references in READY PLAYER ONE include BACK TO THE FUTURE, JURASSIC PARK, SUPERMAN, THE LOST BOYS, THE BREAKFAST CLUB and possibly GHOSTBUSTERS and DUNE.

THE LORD OF THE RINGS---Amazon will spend $500 million for two seasons which does not include $250 million already spent to acquire the tv rights.

JURASSIC PARK---Jeff Goldblum explained his classic shirtless scene in the movie, “It’s supposed to be Costa Rica, right? So, things are hot and I’m sure I’m in some sort of fever. So, all the logic is that we gotta get some of these wet clothes off immediately. As I remember, I don’t think anybody fought me on that.”

BILLION DOLLAR SPY---biomovie underway based on the true story of Adolf Tolkachev, a top Soviet engineer who passed thousands of pages of top secrets to the CIA from 1979-1985. Amma Asante (BELLE) is the director.

THE WALKING DEAD---AMC announced a one-night only theatrical special featuring the crossover between THE WALKING DEAD and FEAR THE WALKING DEAD in 750 theaters across the US on April 15.
Also, Robert Kirkman won't reveal how the the zombie plague began any time soon, "...it’s a crazy sci-fi thing that would make the story all that much weirder. Maybe years after it’s all over I’ll just casually mention it in an interview. That seems like a very J.K. Rowling thing to do. It couldn’t be less important to the story and the lives of these characters."

THE NEW GODS---Warner Bros. movie underway based on the DC comic book. Ava DuVernay (A WRINKLE IN TIME) is the director.

CAPTAIN MARVEL---DeWanda Wise has left the movie due to a schedule conflict.

MAGNUM, PI---Zachary Knighton (HAPPY ENDINGS) will play Rick Wright in the reboot pilot. Larry Manetti played the role in the original series.

THE GRUDGE---Demian Bichir will direct the reboot movie.

THERE'S SOMEONE INSIDE YOUR HOUSE---Netflix/James Wan slasher movie underway based on the young adult novel.

MARVEL'S LUKE CAGE---Annabelle Sciorra will play villain Rosalie Carbone in Season 2.

DEMONS---Hulu series underway based on the true story of Marilyn Jones, “the seductive ‘patient zero’ in the frenzy surrounding satanic ritual abuse, and her husband, Bennett Lewis, a brilliant but manipulative psychiatrist.”

VALLEY OF THE BOOM---Nat Geo miniseries underway about the Silicon Valley tech boom of the 1990s. Bradley Whitford and Steve Zahn star.

THE SPANISH PRINCESS---Starz miniseries underway based on the Philippa Gregory books about Catherine of Aragon, teenage princess of Spain who becomes the Princess of Wales.

CLARISSA EXPLAINS IT ALL---Nickelodeon reboot series underway with Melissa Joan Hart returning as a mother of her own family.

TRIVIA---character actress Mary Ellen Trainor is best known as LAPD psychiatrist Dr. Stephanie Woods in the LETHAL WEAPON movies. She was married to director Robert Zemeckis (FORREST GUMP), and also appeared in THE GOONIES, GHOSTBUSTERS II, DIE HARD, ROMANCING THE STONE and EXECUTIVE DECISION.

Trainor as LAPD psychiatrist Dr. Stephanie Woods in LETHAL WEAPON.

Trainor in THE GOONIES.

Trainor in GHOSTBUSTERS II.

Trainor as the news anchor in DIE HARD.

Trainor in ROMANCING THE STONE.

Trainor was the flight attendant killed by a terrorist in EXECUTIVE DECISION. Her fellow flight attendants were played by Halle Berry and Marla Maples Trump.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:36 pm

MONDAY, MARCH 19

INDIANA JONES 5---Steven Spielberg said in England that the sequel will start filming there in April, 2019, “It’s always worth the trip when I get to work with this deep bench of talent coming out of the UK. The actors, and the crew, the chippies, the sparks, the drivers – everybody who has helped me make my movies here, and will continue helping me make my movies here when I come back in April 2019 to make the fifth Indiana Jones movie right here.”

Spielberg also said he will no longer digitally enhance any more of his movies, “I got in trouble for doing that. When E.T. was re-released, I actually digitized 5 shots where E.T. went from being a puppet to a digital puppet and I also replaced the gun when the F.B.I. runs up on the van, now they have walkie-talkies.
So there’s a really bad version of E.T. where I took my cue from STAR WARS and all of the digital enhancements of A NEW HOPE that George [Lucas] put in, and I went ahead, because the marketing at Universal thought we need something to get an audience back and see the movie so I did a few touch ups in the film, and in those days, social media wasn’t as profound as it is today but what was just beginning, you know, erupted a loud, negative voice about how could you ruin our favorite childhood film by taking the guns away and putting walkie-talkies in their hands among other things.
So I learned a big lesson and that’s the last time I decided to ever mess with the past. What’s done is done, and um, I’ll never go back and do another movie I’ve made and I have control over to enhance or changes.”

THE MATRIX---Zak Penn (READY PLAYER ONE) commented on the movie that will be set in the same universe as the original movies, “I’ve been working on MATRIX right now. Which is in…a phase right now. That’s a franchise I desperately want to see brought back and, I can’t go in to too much detail, but I’ve been harassing Warner Bros. for years to try to get it going again so that’s one thing I’m working on and I’ve been working on a bunch of other things too.
I will fight people who don’t under…look, I think OASIS (the interconnected virtual space in READY PLAYER ONE) is similar, both the MATRIX and OASIS are similar in that they are brilliant ideas for universes. And they are not, you know, when it came out about MATRIX, people were like ‘Oh no, there going to reboot MATRIX’ I was like, Why, I’m not insane. I mean, THE MATRIX is still one of my favorite…they’d re-release THE MATRIX and people would go see it."

JUDY---photo released of Renee Zellweger starring in the Judy Garland biomovie set during her 1968 concert in London.

FONZO---Matt Dillon, Kyle MacLachlan and Linda Cardellini will co-star with Tom Hardy in the Al Capone biomovie.

STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION---Ron Moore talked about being told to write a scene for Stephen Hawking's appearance which had Hawking in a poker game with Data, Albert Einstein and Issac Newton. Moore called his college roommate Naren Shankar (CSI), “Naren had a Ph.D. in applied physics, so I brought him in, and he was also tickled at the idea of writing lines for Stephen Hawking. So he was the one who came up with the idea of the joke being that Stephen keeps busting the chops of the other scientists and that Isaac Newton is a jerk and that Einstein and Stephen keep bagging on him. Once we had that, the scene just wrote itself.”

FORD VS. FERRARI---Matt Damon and Christian Bale are in talks to star in the untitled James Mangold (LOGAN) movie about Ford attempting to end Ferrari's dominance at the 1966 Le Mans World Championship. Damon will play Mustang designer Carroll Shelby, and Bale will play Ford driver Ken Miles.

TRIPLE FRONTIER---Oscar Issac and Ben Affleck will star in this long-gestating movie about a special ops team battling drug cartels in the region where Argentina, Brazil and Paraguay meet.

THE REPORTER WHO KNEW TOO MUCH---movie underway based on the novel claiming journalist Dorothy Kilgallen's suicide was really murder because she uncovered secrets about John F. Kennedy's assassination.

LEPRECHAUN RETURNS---the Syfy sequel is set 25 years after the 1993 movie and involves the Leprechaun going on a bloody rampage after he is awakened by sorority girls building a new sorority house. Premiere is March, 2019.

WILL & GRACE---NBC renewed the series for Season 3.

THE SINNER---USA Network renewed the series for Season 2.

YOUNG AND HUNGRY---Freeform cancelled the series.

BOBBY KENNEDY FOR PRESIDENT---Netflix four-part documentary about Bobby Kennedy's presidential run.

HONEY BOY---Lucas Hedges (MANCHESTER BY THE SEA) stars in this young Shia LaBeouf biomovie written by LaBeouf.

TRIVIA---this is another in the series about James Bond move trivia.
Canadian character actor Laurence Herder played different roles in three Bond movies: FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE, GOLDFINGER and YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE. He also appeared in PATTON, Dr. STRANGELOVE: OR HOW I LEARNED TO STOP WORRYING AND LOVE THE BOMB, FIRST MEN IN THE MOON and THE BEDFORD INCIDENT.

Herder as a Russian embassy staffer with Sean Connery in FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE.

Herder played a gangster about to be gassed in GOLDFINGER.

Herder played a hijacked Russian cosmonaut in YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE.

Herder played the Russian translator in PATTON.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:13 pm

TUESDAY, MARCH 20

SICARIO: DAY OF THE SOLDADO---trailer released for the sequel.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIMChzE_aCo

STAR TREK---Simon Pegg commented on the rumor that the Quentin Tarantino movie is R-rated, '"I don’t think [Quentin Tarantino has] written an R-rated Star Trek script. I think what happened is he went to J.J. [Abrams] with an idea that he’s had for awhile. I remember he told us about it a long time ago. I think he told me and Edgar [Wright] about it a long time ago. He just put it to J.J. and I think J.J.’s just considering putting it into a writing room. We got an email just saying “Guess what? Guess who came into the office the other day?” So I don’t know much about it other than it’s in the mix, so we’ll see."'

THE WALKING DEAD---executive producer/special effects head Greg Nicotero posted a photo of the show's first nude walker. There is a hole where the genitals are supposed to be to show they were violently removed, but the real reason is that AMC doesn't allow complete nudity.

CHERNOBYL---HBO five-part miniseries about the 1986 Chernobyl nuclear power plant disaster. Jared Harris, Stellan Skarsgard and Emily Watson star.

LADY AND THE TRAMP---Charlie Bean (THE LEGO NINJANGO MOVIE) will direct the Walt Disney Pictures live-action/CGI remake of its 1955 animated movie.

THE LIBERATORS---Michael B. Jordan is the producer and possibly the star of this World War II movie about the black 761st Infantry Regiment whose heroic actions led to desegregation in the Army.

THE KITCHEN---Elisabeth Moss will co-star with Tiffany Haddish and Melissa McCarthy in this movie based on the comic book about mob wives who take over the criminal enterprises after their husbands are arrested.

CAGNEY & LACEY---Ving Rhames will play Captain Stark in the CBS reboot pilot.

THE CODE---Mira Sorvino will play Colonel Eisa Turnbull, head of the Marines Judge Advocate Division, in this CBS military legal drama pilot.

ASH VS. EVIL DEAD---Bruce Campbell commented on if the tv series is cancelled, would he do another movie, “Another movie? No, no, no. Because if they cancel it I think Ash is done [audience groans], and Campbell adds, “There’s lavender on my property. I’m gonna smoke weed and hang out.”

TRIVIA---in MAGNUM FORCE, the DIRTY HARRY sequel, the woman who shows off her engagement ring and is then a topless victim in the swimming pool massacre scene, is played by Suzanne Sommers.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:10 pm

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 21

THE DEVIL AND FATHER AMORTH---trailer released for William Friedkin's documentary about the Diocese of Rome's official exorcist.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpjRQokeQNo

NIGHTFLYERS---trailer released for the Syfy series based on the George RR Martin novella.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLefjnMGMTM

THE TITAN---trailer released for the Netflix sci fi movie starring Sam Worthington.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctM8zpe3BHo

UNDER THE SILVER LAKE---trailer released for the noir thriller movie starring Andrew Garfield, Riley Keough and Jimmi Simpson. David Robert Mitchell (IT FOLLOWS) is the director.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwgUesU1pz4

BACKDRAFT II---a rumor says Universal Pictures is developing a sequel to the 1991 Ron Howard firefighter movie that starred Kurt Russell, Robert De Niro and Billy Baldwin. The sequel focuses on the son of Russell's character, who is now a Chicago Fire Department investigator who has a grudge against his uncle from the original movie and is pursuing an arms dealer who commits arson as a diversion. Baldwin is supposedly returning for the sequel. The director is Gonzalo Lopez-Gallego (APOLLO 18). Universal and Baldwin refused to comment on the rumor, but Baldwin said last year that he had read the sequel script and filming would start in 2018.

JOHN WICK: CHAPTER 3---a rumor says the sequel is casting for Japanese actors which tends to confirm the earlier rumor that Hiroyuki Shanada is the main villain and the sequel will be partially set in Japan. The rumor also claims that Shanada is a Yakuza who is a member of the High Table. Shanada and Keanu Reeves starred in 47 RONIN.

THE WALKING DEAD---Norman Reedus commented on the Season 8 finale, “There are four things that happen that could be the finale, and they all go off at once at the same time. They head in different directions, and they’re all individually as good as the next, and they’re all very, very satisfying. I like that about it. I like that it’s not just one person’s story. There are probably four, maybe five, different directions that the show could’ve ended on and it went in all of them. It’s very satisfying.”

STUBER---Dave Bautista and Kumail Nanjiani star in this 20th Century Fox comedy movie about an Uber driver who drives a cop who is pursuing a vicious murderer.

EVEREST---Chloe Bennet (MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.) stars in this animated movie about a group of misfits who must return a Yeti to his family at the top of the Himalayas.

RIM OF THE WORLD---Netflix sci fi movie underway about four misfits teenagers at summer camp who team up to battle an alien invasion. McG is the director.

THE BEAST---movie underway about a woman who is the sole survivor of a plane crash in the Pacific Ocean who washes ashore on a mysterious island and encounters her worst nightmare.

WINE COUNTRY---Netflix movie underway about a group of friends who get together for a 50th birthday in Napa. Amy Poehler is the star/director.

AMERICAN HORROR STORY---Kathy Bates is returning for Season 8.

TRIVIA---(correction) Maud Adams (OCTOPUSSY, THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN) returned for a cameo in A VIEW TO A KILL. Some sources say her cameo is a passenger on a cable car as posted here earlier. However, in the movie's commentary, Roger Moore points out her real boyfriend, who is also in the movie, and he is shown with a moustache and plaid shirt. Also, Adams said her cameo is on the wharf.
Director John Glen said, "'We were shooting at Fisherman’s Wharf. Maud — who is a very good friend of ours — decided to come and visit us on the set with her boyfriend. I said to Maud “Come on, why don’t you become a crowd extra?” So she and her boyfriend walked through in the background, and by doing that she became the only woman to appear in three James Bond movies."'
In a scene with James Bond and CIA agent Chuck Lee on the wharf, Adams' boyfriend (with moustache and plaid shirt), is shown holding hands with a woman who is wearing sunglasses, a black blouse and tan jacket.
Adams commented on the woman holding hands with the man who Moore confirmed was her boyfriend, “I think you solved the mystery. It looks very much like me.”

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:02 pm

THURSDAY, MARCH 22

DEADPOOL 2---trailer released for the sequel.

Trailer Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D86RtevtfrA&t=22s

MEN IN BLACK 4---the THOR: RAGNAROK duo of Chris Hemsworth and Tessa Thompson are in negotiations to star in the Sony Pictures reboot movie.

CAPTAIN AMERICA---Chris Evans said the untitled AVENGERS 4 will be his last role as Captain America, “You want to get off the train before they push you off.”

MORK & MINDY---in an upcoming biography about Robin Williams by NEW YORK TIMES reporter Dave Itzkoff, Pam Dawber said Williams sexually harassed her repeatedly, "I had the grossest things done to me by him. And I never took offense. I mean I was flashed, humped, bumped, grabbed. I think he probably did it to a lot of people... but it was so much fun."
She added, "Somehow he had that magic. If you put it on paper you would be appalled. But somehow he had this guileless little thing that he would do-those sparkly eyes. He'd look at you, really playful, like a puppy, all of a sudden. And then he'd grab your t**s and then run away. And somehow he could get away with it. It was the Seventies, after all."
Dawber said Williams was, "such a nice person" with a "gigantic heart." She continued, "I really loved Robin and Robin really loved me. We just clicked."
Director Howard Storm said, "He'd be doing a paragraph and in the middle of it he would just turn and grab her a**. Or grab a breast. And we'd start again. I'd say, 'Robin, there's nothing in the script that says you grab Pam's a**.' And he'd say, 'Oh, OK.'...There was nothing lascivious about it, in his mind. It was just Robin being Robin, and he thought it would be funny. He could get away with murder."

THE X-FILES---Chris Carter defended his Season 11 cliffhanger ending which would allow Gillian Anderson to return, if she changes her mind, "I can’t imagine there wouldn’t be more X-Files, in some shape or form. I think there are lots more stories to tell and ways to tell them. I’m leaving this as a giant cliffhanger, and Gillian has announced that she’s not coming back. Hard-core X-Files fans know there have been no real endings on the show.”
He added, “People will either love me or hate me. [Laughs] I think they’ll have reasons for both. It certainly is one of the most interesting cliffhangers that the show has ever had.”

DOCTOR WHO---Christopher Eccleston explained why he left the series after one season and took a jab at showrunner Russel T. Davies, “My relationship with my three immediate superiors – the showrunner, the producer and co-producer – broke down irreparably during the first block of filming and it never recovered. They lost trust in me, and I lost faith and trust and belief in them.
Some of my anger about the situation came from my own insecurity. They employed somebody [as the Doctor] who was not a natural light comedian. Billie [Piper], who we know was and is brilliant, was very, very nervous and very, very inexperienced.
So, you had that, and then you had me. Very, very experienced, possibly the most experienced on it, but out of my comfort zone. When I left, I gave my word to [then-showrunner] Russell T. Davies that I wouldn’t do anything to damage the show. But they did things to damage me. I didn’t criticise anybody.”

ARMIE HAMMER---Dakota Johnson (FIFTY SHADES O)F GREY) and Zazie Beetz (DEADPOOL 2) are in talks to co-star with Armie Hammer in this untitled movie described as, “a New Orleans bartender whose life starts to unravel as a series of disturbing and inexplicable events happen after he picks up a phone left behind at his bar.” Babak Anvari (UNDER THE SHADOW) is the writer/director.

THE BIG BANG THEORY---Jerry O'Connell will play Sheldon's older brother, Georgie, in the Season 11 finale.

THE GRUDGE---Lin Shaye (INSIDIOUS) will co-star in the reboot movie.

VULTURE CLUB---Susan Sarandon and Edie Falco star in this Netflix movie about a nurse who is helped by a clandestine journalist group to rescue her journalist son who has been kidnapped by terrorists.

TRIVIA---William Shatner's three daughters appeared with their father in the series and a movie. Leslie and Lisabeth appeared in the "Miri" episode of the original tv series which also co-starred Michael J. Pollard and Kim Darby. Lieutenant Leslie (Eddie Padkey) was named after Leslie, as Padkey was a friend of Willam Shatner.
Melanie Shatner played a member of the Enterprise bridge crew in STAR TREK V: THE FINAL FRONTIER. She also appeared with her father in an Oldsmobile tv commercial.

Leslie (left) and Lisabeth (right) in "Miri".

William Shatner with Lisabeth in "Miri".

Lieutenant Leslie was named after Leslie.

William and Melanie in STAR TREK V: THE FINAL FRONTIER.

William and Melanie also appeared in an Oldsmobile commercial.

Commercial link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51J1rSU72ZU
SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:42 pm

FRIDAY, MARCH 23

STAR WARS: EPISODE IX---John Boyega appeared to hint that EPISODE IX will feature an all out war between the Resistance and the First Order, “Next for me filming wise is STAR WARS: EPISODE IX in July, and they’ve officially given us a note to start training soon. I’m going to take a holiday before that, because I think EPISODE IX you know, regardless of where the story goes, and I haven’t read it by the way, is going to be all out war so I know that I’m going to have to do all I can and train for that.”

KING LEAR---photo released from the BBC/Amazon tv movie starring Anthony Hopkins as King Lear, the head of a military dictatorship in current England. Emma Thompson, Florence Pugh and Emily Watson also star.

WESTWORLD---poster released for Season 2.

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM---Jeff Goldblum commented on returning for the sequel, “I enjoyed getting a chance to dress up in black again and say a couple of things about science and being a proponent of science. The human curiosity and investigation and fact-based storehouse that we have is deeply valuable and must be esteemed and celebrated, but those who would use the animal kingdom and our scientific achievement and knowledge for profit or cheap entertainment or ticket sales or, heaven forbid, militaristic power or leverage, ‘woe be to them.’ So I liked getting another crack at that.”

THE EARTHQUAKE BIRD---Alicia Vikander and Riley Keough are in negotiations to star in this Netflix neo-noir movie based on the novel set in Tokyo where an American woman is suspected of murder after her best friend is missing after her affair with a handsome photographer.

THE NEW MRS. KELLER---sci fi movie about beautiful woman who gets her husband, a prominent surgeon, involved in a virtual reality deception. Pierre Morel (TAKEN) is the director.

THINK LIKE A DOG---TRANSFORMRERS duo Megan Fox and Josh Duhamel star in this family comedy movie about a 12 year-old boy whose science fair experiment goes awry and gives him a telepathic link with the family dog.

ASTRO CITY---Fremantle live-action tv series underway based on the superhero comic book.

SCRUBS---Zach Braff said he's trying to develop a SCRUBS tv movie and talked with creator Bill Lawrence, '“I can’t tell you because it’s part of my pitch but I told him this whole pitch over dinner and he laughed a lot and said, “We’ll see, We’ll see.” I think it would be fun to do a 2 hour SCRUBS movie..I would totally do that!”'

MAGNUM, PI---Stephen Hill (LUKE CAGE) will play Theodore "TC" Calvin in the CBS reboot pilot. Roger E. Mosley played TC in the original tv series.

GAWKER V. THIEL---movie underway based on the Hulk Hogan sex tape lawsuit against the Gawker online gossip website. Jason Winer (MODERN FAMILY) is the director.

STREET FIGHTER---tv series underway based on the STREET FIGHTER II: THE WORLD WARRIOR video game.

SPICE GIRLS---the Spice Girls have signed to provide the voices for an animated Spice Girl-themed superhero movie which is meant to be the start of a franchise.

TRIVIA---before Donna Douglas became famous on THE BEVERLY HILLBILLIES, she appeared in the classic THE TWILIGHT ZONE episode "Eye of the Beholder". She also spoke the dialogue, contrary to the misconception that Maxine Stuart, who played the "before" role, dubbed the lines with Douglas only being used for the visual "after" role.
Douglas also appeared in another THE TWILIGHT ZONE episode, "Cavender is Coming", which starred Carol Burnett and Jesse White. This was an unsuccessful spinoff pilot episode.

Donna Douglas in THE BEVERLY HILLBILLIES

Douglas in "Eye of the Beholder".

Douglas in "Cavender is Coming".

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:39 pm

MONDAY, MARCH 26

A QUIET PLACE---trailer released for the horror movie starring John Krasinski and his wife, Emily Blunt.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcp5WJYrwsE

TROY: FALL OF A CITY---trailer released for the BBC One/Netflix movie inspired by the fall of Troy.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZxVghfY6dk

SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY---an anonymous actor talked about the differences between fired directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller and their replacement, Ron Howard, “Phil and Chris are good directors, but they weren’t prepared for STAR WARS. After the 25th take, the actors are looking at each other like, ‘This is getting weird.’ [Lord and Miller] seemed a bit out of control. They definitely felt the pressure; with one of these movies, there are so many people on top of you all the time. The first assistant director was really experienced and had to step in to help them direct a lot of scenes.” Howard usually took two or three takes per scene.
The actor confirmed Lucasfilm hired an acting coach to help Alden Ehrenreich, “Trying to mimic Harrison Ford is really tough. Lucasfilm wanted something very specific: copying someone else. Alden’s not a bad actor — just not good enough.”
He added that there was a lot of pressure to make SOLO a very good movie because THE LAST JEDI did not, “make as much money as expected. If they want to keep making STAR WARS movies, it has to be good.”

FONZO---Tom Hardy posted a photo of him as mobster Al Capone in his final days as he suffered from syphillis-caused dementia.

THE WOMAN IN THE WINDOW---Joe Wright (DARKEST HOUR) will direct the movie based on the novel about a reclusive New York woman who watches her neighbors from her apartment window and sees a terrible incident.

THE TRUE AMERICAN---Amy Adams is in talks to co-star with Mark Ruffalo and Kumail Nanjiani in this movie based on the true story of a Bangledeshi immigrant working in a Texas convenience store who was almost killed by white supremacist Mark Stroman in retaliation for the 9/11 terrorist attacks. The immigrant then tries to save Stroman's life.

THE ADVENTURES OF TINTIN 2---Steven Spielberg commented on the status of the sequel which will be directed by Peter Jackson, “Peter Jackson has to do the second part. Normally, if all goes well, he will soon start working on the script. As it takes two years of animation work on the film, for you, I would not expect to see it for about three years. But Peter will stick to it. TINTIN is not dead!” The sequel will focus on two books, PRISONER OF THE SUN and THE SEVEN CRYSTAL BALLS.
Spielberg also talked about theatrical and streamed movies, “I don’t believe that films that are given token qualifications, in a couple of theaters for less than a week, should qualify for Academy Award nominations. Once you commit to a television format, you’re a TV movie. If it’s a good show, you deserve an Emmy. But not an Oscar.”
He added, “Television is thriving with quality and heart. But it poses a clear and present danger to filmgoers.”

WAITING FOR ANYA---movie underway based on the World War II book by Michael Morpurgo (WAR HORSE) in which a young shepherd smuggles Jewish children into Spain to escape the Nazis. Anjelica Huston, Jean Reno and Noah Schnapp star.

STAR TREK: DISCOVERY---co-showrunner Aaron Harberts said Season 2 will show that DISCOVERY is part of the Prime Timeline, “The idea was to always be in the Prime Timeline. Obviously, there are questions and concerns and things that are different. Our technology is a little different. We have a ship that runs very differently. We are our own show in a lot of ways. Season two is really exciting for us. This is our opportunity to really show how Discovery fits into this Prime Timeline. We are firmly committed to that.”

DEADPOOL---FX cancelled the Donald Glover animated tv series due to creative differences.

WATCH THE SKIES---animated sci fi movie about an alien boy who crashes on Earth and must repair his spaceship while he is being pursued by a billionaire alien hunter and his forces. Sean Bean, Asa Butterfield, Gemma Arterton and Sam Claflin provide the voices.

CARMEN SANDIEGO--Gina Rodriguez (ANNIHILATION) will star in this Netflix movie based on the children's franchise.

TRIVIA---this is the latest in the James Bond movie trivia series.

THUNDERBALL starred Sean Connery and Claudine Auger.

Before the James Bond novels became hit movies, Ian Fleming attempted to develop a Bond movie and hired veteran writers Kevin McClory and Jack Whittingham to help him. Fleming eventually became disenchanted with the project and cancelled the movie. He then wrote his next Bond novel, THUNDERBALL.
McClory and Whittingham saw parts of the novel contained parts of the screenplay they had written and sued Fleming. As part of the settlement, McClory was given movie rights to THUNDERBALL. When producers Harry Saltzman and Cubby Broccoli made THUNDERBALL, McClory was listed as the producer and has a cameo.

IN THUNDERBALL, Kevin McClory is seated at the table and smoking a cigar as James Bond enters the casino.

Bond Girl Claudine Auger replaced Raquel Welch, who left THUNDERBALL to co-star in FANTASTIC VOYAGE.

In the scene in which SPECTRE assassin Fiona Volpe and her henchmen pursue Bond through the streets during a parade, a dog was urinating in the street. It was decided to keep the dog scene in the movie.

Diane Hartford played the woman who James Bond asked to dance with him to evade Volpe and her henchmen. Hartford was the wife of A&P supermarket heir Huntington Hartford, one of the world's richest people.

Diane Hartford returned for the remake of CASINO ROYALE.

In the final scene, James Bond and Domino Derval were rescued by a B-17 bomber which used the Fulton Skyhook recovery system to snare the balloon attached to Bond and Derval.

The B-17 used in THUNDERBALL was one of two surviving B-17s out of five that were used by the CIA to fly reconnaissance missions over China in the 1950s. It was converted back to its original B-17G Flying Fortress bomber configuration and is owned by the Collings Foundation.

THUNDERBALL was remade as NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN which was Sean Connery's last Bond movie.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Sony and Industry Related News