[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony Pictures

Advanced search
It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:27 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony Pictures

Sony Pictures

The latest Sony related news and industry news as well.

Moderator: jttar

by SONYESP » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:22 pm

THURSDAY, MARCH 1

SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY---international trailer released for the prequel.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h226F2w1_QE

YELLOWSTONE---Paramount Network trailer released for the Kevin Costner tv series.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suobrMPBLlo

ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD---Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt have been confirmed to be starring in the Quentin Tarantino movie set during the 1969 Charles Manson Cult murders. DiCaprio will play former Western star Rick Dalton, and Pitt will play his stunt double, Cliff Booth, as the two try to make a comeback in Hollywood.
Pitt's co-starring in the movie means his WORLD WAR Z sequel will be delayed

WONDER WOMAN 2---Kristen Wiig is in talks to play villain Cheetah.

MEN IN BLACK---Chris Hemsworth is in talks to star in the latest MIB sequel which is set in London and features "a white character, a black woman and an older man". Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones are not involved in the sequel.

9 TO 5---sequel underway to the 1980 comedy movie with Dolly Parton, Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin in talks to return. The sequel will “focus on three young women dealing with sexism and chauvinism in the workplace, who turn to the original trio for help in navigating and getting even with the course male higher-ups.” Rashida Jones is the writer.

THE TELLING---Rehka Sharma (STAR TREK: DISCOVERY) will star in this sci fi movie based on the Ursula K. Le Guin novel.

HANS CHRISTIAN ANDERSEN---Ansel Elgort (BABY DRIVER) is the top candidate to star in this movie musical in which Hans Christian Andersen "gets trapped by his own imagination in the worlds of his own making".

BLACK HOLE---movie underway based on the graphic novel about Seattle teenagers who are afflicted with a sexually-transmitted disease that turns them into murderous mutants. Rick Famuyiwa is the writer/director.

SHOOT LIKE A GIRL---Angelina Jolie is the top candidate to star in this untitled biomovie based on the memoir of highly-decorated Army rescue helicopter pilot Major Mary Jennings Hegar.

FIGHT NIGHT---movie underway based on the true story of a 1970 $1 million heist, the largest in Georgia history, set during the night of Muhammad Ali's comeback fight.

THE MAGICIANS---Syfy renewed the series for Season 4.

THE WATCH---BBC six-part miniseries underway based on the DISCWORLD fantasy novels.

THE FLASH---Null, Crucifer and Folded Man will appear on the series.

TRIVIA---Rod Serling's classic THE TWILIGHT ZONE episode "Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up?" has an impressive cast of prolific character actors.

John Hoyt played Ross/the Martian. Hoyt (SPARTACUS, CLEOPATRA) played Dr. Phillip Boyce in "The Cage" pilot for STAR TREK.

Jean Willes played Ethel McConnell, the dancer. Willes (OCEAN'S 11, THE INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS) played Ernest Borgnine's girlfriend on McHALE'S NAVY.

Jack Elam played Avery. Elam (SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL SHERIFF, HIGH NOON) had a memorable role as the fly-pestered gunslinger in Sergio Leone's ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST.

Barney Phillips played Haley, the cook/the Venusian. Phillips (TWELVE O'CLOCK HIGH) co-starred with Steve McQueen in THE SAND PEBBLES.

John Archer played State Trooper Bill Padgett. Archer (DESTINATION MOON) was married to Marjorie Lord (MAKE ROOM FOR DADDY). Their daughter is Anne Archer (PATRIOT GAMES, CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER).

Morgan Jones played State Trooper Dan Perry. Jones (FORBIDDEN PLANET, NOT OF THIS EARTH) also appeared in the "Assignment: Earth" episode of STAR TREK.

Bill Erwin played Peter Kramer. Erwin appeared in PLANES, TRAINS AND AUTOMOBILES; HOME ALONE; SOMEWHERE IN TIME and STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION and was nominated for an Emmy in SEINFELD.

"Will the Real Martian Please Stand UP?" was directed by Montgomery Pittman. His stepdaughter is Sherry Jackson, who co-starred in MAKE ROOM FOR DADDY with John Archer's wife, Marjorie Lord, and appeared in the "What Are Little Girls Made Of?" episode of STAR TREK.

The bus in the episode belongs to the Cayuga Bus Company which is named after Rod Serling's Cayuga Production Company.
SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:24 pm

FRIDAY, MARCH 2

WESTWORLD---Season 2 will reveal that the "SW" logo in Season 1's finale means ShogunWorld, not SamuraiWorld as speculated by fans.
Also, new photos were released for Season 2 which premiers on April 22.

STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS---Harrison Ford replied to how he felt to passing the STAR WARS baton to Finn (John Boyega), “I don’t know that I thought of it that way at all (passing the baton). I was there to die. And I didn’t really give a rat’s ass who got my sword.”

SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY---Donald Glover said Lucasfilm scanned his body image so Lando Calrissian might return for sequels far into the future, “I’m scanned into STAR WARS now, my face and body. Who’s to say that at some point they won’t take that scan and say, ‘Let’s make another movie with Donald. He’s been dead for fifteen years, but we can do whatever we want with him.’”

CAPTAIN MARVEL---writer Geneva Robertson-Dworet commented on her script, “Captain Marvel has a very funny voice, and it’s more of an action comedy, more like what we were talking about doing in the first draft I wrote for Tomb Raider…. [but] that tone survived in Captain Marvel. I love funny female characters, so as Tomb Raider got more serious, I got even more committed to the idea of Captain Marvel being hilarious.”
She added, “Carol Danvers is one of the funniest comic book characters. She’s so sassy, she’s such a smartass, she won’t take sh— from anyone, and the comic books do an amazing job at capturing that voice, and it was important that the entire Captain Marvel creative team [kept to that].”
She said, “Certainly we were writing after WONDER WOMAN had come out. We already saw one example of what a superheroine looked like on screen. So we wanted to carve our own path and make sure we weren’t retreading the same territory, and showing all facets of what women are capable of."

THE WOMAN KING---Viola Davis (SUICIDE SQUAD) and Lupita Nyong'o (BLACK PANTHER) star in this movie based on a true story set in the 18th and 19th centuries, "THE WOMAN KING King tells the story of Nanisca (Davis), general of the all-female military unit known as the Amazons, and her daughter Nawi (Nyong’o), who together fought the French and neighboring tribes who violated their honor, enslaved their people, and threatened to destroy everything they’ve lived for.”

TOO OLD TO DIE YOUNG---Amazon/Nicolas Winding Refn movie underway about a Los Angeles cop and the man who killed his partner who team up to “being killers to becoming samurais in the City of Angels”. Miles Teller, Jena Malone, John Hawkes and Billy Baldwin star.

OJ SIMPSON: THE LOST CONFESSION?---Fox will air the 2006 OJ Simpson pseudo-confession special which was pulled after protests by the families of murder victims Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman. In the special, OJ said, “Forget everything you think you know about that night … because I know the facts better than anyone … this is one story the whole world got wrong." The Goldman family will get proceeds from the new special. Premiere is March 11.

HIGHLANDER---Ryan Condal (COLONY) wrote the reboot movie based on the 1986 movie that starred Christopher Lambert and Sean Connery.

ACADEMY AWARDS---BONNIE AND CLYDE stars Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway will return as presenters after last year's snafu in which Beatty announced LA LA LAND was the Best Picture winner after he was given the wrong envelope by an accountant.

THE ONE AND ONLY IVAN---Bryan Cranston will co-star with Angelina Jolie in this live-action/animated movie based on the book about a gorilla on display in a mall for 27 years.

TRIVIA---George C. Scott received the Academy Award for Best Actor for PATTON (1970). Scott also received three other Best Actor nominations.

Best Supporting Actor, District Attorney Claude Dancer, ANATOMY OF A MURDER (1959).

Best Supporting Actor, Bert Gordon, THE HUSTLER (1961).

Best Actor, Dr. Herbert Bock, THE HOSPITAL (1971).

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:04 pm

MONDAY, MARCH 5

THE RAZZIES---the 2018 Golden Raspberry Awards were announced. The Worst Film was THE EMOJI MOVIE. The Worst Actor was Tom Cruise (THE MUMMY). The Worst Actress was Tyler Perry (BOO 2!: A MADEA HALLOWEEN).
A new category was announced: The Razzie Nominee So Rotten You Loved It with the winner being BAYWATCH. Dwayne Johnson posted his response, “Here’s the cool thing: the movie was so bad that they actually had to create another category. The new category is a movie so rotten you eventually fell in love with it. I’m not kidding! Which means the s**t sandwich you’ve been eating is so bad that you eventually started to like it.
We made Baywatch with the best of intentions, it didn’t work out like that, but I humbly and graciously accept my Razzie. And I thank you critics, and I thank you fans.”

LOGAN'S RUN---Warner Bros. remake underway of the 1976 sci fi movie that starred Michael York and Jenny Agutter. The remake will be directed by Simon Kinberg (X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX) with a script by Peter Craig (THE HUNGER GAMES).

PAST MIDNIGHT---Keanu Reeves is the top candidate to star in this Netflix vigilante superhero movie. Anthony and Joe Russo (CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR) are the producers. Rick Famuyiwa is the director.

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI---Mark Hamill commented on his death scene, “I refuse to believe that he’s gone. My theory is he just teleported to somewhere else and left his robe behind. He teleported to a nudist colony, that’s what I’m hoping.”

MAGNUM, PI---Perdita Weeks (PENNY DREADFUL) will play Juliet Higgins, the ex-MI6 agent in the CBS reboot pilot. John Hillerman played the male version of the character in the original tv series.

STRANGER THINGS---Maya Thurman-Hawke, daughter of Uma Thurman and Ethan Hawke, has joined the cast for Season 3. She will play a bored girl who, "...seeks excitement in her life and gets more than she bargained for when she uncovers a dark secret in Hawkins, Ind.”

THE WALKING DEAD---Scott R. Gimple, who will oversee the AMC franchise, said new spinoff series are being planned, "I’m hoping to do a variety of different projects that are probably more in line with what we see on TV but maybe in different rhythms and formats and things like that. We’ll still continue to come out with great digital content but I’m excited about the kind of stuff we can do. But I really am talking about all sides of it and I know we’ll have more to talk about soon on that.”
Also, Pollyana McIntosh commented on fan rumors that Jadis will be Alpha after Negan's main villain reign and the 'All Out War' saga ends after Season 8, “Well, I’m not gonna tell you! [Laughs] But, no, he’s [Gimple] said publicly and to me, ‘It’s a completely different thing. It’s not you.’ And I say, ‘Fine, okay.'”

HERE THERE BE MONSTERS---Joachim Ronning (PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES) will direct this monster movie. No plot details were released.

BAD BOYS---Jessica Alba will co-star with Gabrielle Union in the NBC pilot based on the movie series. Alba will play “Nancy McKenna, Burnett’s [Union] partner. McKenna joined the Army out of high school and spent most of the 2000s in Iraq and Afghanistan. Women weren’t allowed in combat, so she joined the military police to get closer to the action. McKenna is now a detective raising two preteen step-kids with her husband.”

FEAR---remake of the 1996 movie that starred Reese Witherspoon, Mark Wahlberg and William Petersen. Jonathan Herman (STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON) is the writer.

THE GRUDGE---Andrea Riseborough is in talks to star in the reboot of the horror movie that starred Sarah Michelle Gellar.

BLACK MIRROR---Netflix renewed the series for Season 5.

TRIVIA---Alan and Marilyn are lyricists/songwriters whose songs have won three Academy Awards and have been featured in dozens of movies and tv series. Alan, who graduated from the University of North Carolina, and Marilyn have worked with composers such as Michel Legrand, Jerry Goldsmith, John Williams, Quincy Jones and Dave Grusin.
Their movies and tv shows include THE THOMAS CROWN AFFAIR, THE WAY WE WERE, IN THE HEAT OF THE NIGHT, ICE STATION ZEBRA, SUMMER OF '42, THE RUSSIA HOUSE, THE PICASSO SUMMER, THE HAPPY ENDING, THE LIFE AND TIMES OF JUDGE ROY BEAN, NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN, TOOTSIE, BRIAN'S SONG, GOOD TIMES and MAUDE.
They also wrote the lyrics for "Nice 'n' Easy" recorded by Frank Sinatra and "You Don't Bring Me Flowers" recorded by Barbra Streisand and Neil Diamond.

The Bergman's first Oscar was for "The Windmills of Your Mind" from THE THOMAS CROWN AFFAIR (Steve McQueen, Faye Dunaway).

The Bergman's second Oscar was for "The Way We Were" from THE WAY WE WERE (Barbra Streisand, Robert Redford).

Their third Oscar was for "Papa, Can You Hear Me?" from YENTL (Barbra Streisand, Mandy Patinkin).

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:55 am

TUESDAY, MARCH 6

LOST IN SPACE---official trailer released for the Netflix remake of the 1960s sci fi series.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzmM0AB60QQ

TERMINATOR 6---Arnold Schwarzenegger said the sequel to THE TERMINATOR starts filming in June, “We are starting to shoot Terminator 6 in June to the middle of October, so I am in that. I am looking forward to coming back as the T-800 model. It’s gonna be great with Tim Miller as the director and Jim Cameron is kind of supervising the whole thing.” Linda Hamilton is co-starring.

GREEN LANTERN CORPS---Christopher McQuarrie (MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE-ROGUE NATION) is in talks to direct the Warner Bros./DC Comics movie. This led to continued speculation that Tom Cruise is the studio's top candidate to star in the movie as Cruise and McQuarrie have a history of working together.
Also, Cruise's TOP GUN: MAVERICK sequel starts filming in July.

THE EPOCH INDEX---20th Century Fox movie underway based on the novella about a disgraced female CIA analyst who seeks redemption by tracking down an assassin who leaves three-digit numbers carved in the flesh of the targets. Brad Peyton (SAN ANDREAS) is the director. Matt Reeves (DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES) is the producer. Justin Rhodes (TERMINATOR 6) is the writer.

GALAXINA---Mark A. Altman (THE LIBRARIANS) is developing a tv series based on the 1980 android-in-space movie that starred former PLAYBOY Playmate of the Year Dorothy Stratten and Stephen Macht.

HARROW'S ALLEY---Emma Thompson is writing the script for this HBO horror movie based on a 1960s project written by Walter Newman (CAT BALLOU) for George C. Scott which was never made. The plot involves two men trying to survive the black plague in an English town in the 17th century.

FAST & FURIOUS---Rob Cohen, who directed the original movie, wants to return for the last sequel, “I always wished Universal would come back to me to direct the last one… The franchise went from a Los Angeles story built around a family of multicultural brothers and sisters to what I’ll call ‘pure spectacle.’ The beauty is that the audience has ridden along with it for these 18 years.
I’m very proud that the characters I created in 2001 are still in the lexicon...when you go on the internet and [read] ‘Which was the best Fast & Furious?’ It’s almost always mine.”

THE SHAPE OF WATER---XenoArtifacts, a company which makes a dildo inspired by the movie's Fish-Man, sold out its inventory after the movie won the Academy Award for Best Picture. The company's owner, a woman named Ere, said, “Our sales have gone through the roof! All SHAPE OF WATER toys sold out as soon as I posted them… in less than 20 minutes!”
To show her appreciation, Ere is sending gifts to Guillermo del Toro and actor Doug Jones, “No, not a fish d*ck, but a coaster set and maybe a teeny gold replica.”

LOVECRAFT COUNTRY---HBO horror series underway about three black people who journey across the US in the 1950s and encounter racism and horrific monsters. Yann Demange (WHITE BOY RICK) is the director.

ACADEMY AWARDS---the 90th Academy Awards drew a dismal all-time low of 26.5 million viewers. The 89th Academy Awards drew 32.9 million which was a nine-year low.

HIDING IN TIME---tv series underway based on the comic book about a Witness Protection Program in which witnesses are protected by sending them to different points in time, until someone begins to track them in time and murder them.

TRIVIA---veteran character actor Woodrow Parfrey appeared in many movies and tv shows. He was a favorite of directors Clint Eastwood and Franklin J. Schaffner and appeared in their movies including DIRTY HARRY, THE OUTLAW JOSEY WALES, BRONCO BILLY, PLANET OF THE APES, PAPILLON, THE WAR LORD and THE FLIM-FLAM MAN.

Parfrey appeared in several Clint Eastwood movies, most notably DIRTY HARRY.

Parfrey played Maximus in Franklin J. Schaffner's PLANET OF THE APES. Parfrey (left), James Whitmore (middle) and James Daley (right) in the see-no-evil/hear-no-evil/speak-no-evil trial scene.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:58 pm

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 7

CHRISTOPHER ROBIN---trailer released for the Winnie the Pooh biomovie starring Ewan McGregor.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=425M4M3Opkk

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR---new photo released from the sequel.

THE WALKING DEAD---the ratings continue to sink. The last episode had a 2.9 rating (18-49 age group) which is the lowest since a Season 1 episode had a 2.8 rating.

JUNGLE CRUISE---Dwayne Johnson said the movie's leaked synopsis about him playing an immortal boat captain transporting scientist Emily Blunt down a river in search of a mythical tree with curative powers is false.

FBI---Connie Nielsen (WONDER WOMAN, GLADIATOR) stars in this CBS/Dick Wolf series about the female head of the New York FBI office.

STAR TREK---William Shatner was asked what he would change if he could appear in the original STAR TREK again, “The guys in the red shirts. They die quickly. They’re in and out, and you’re into another show.” Shatner was referring to his lean years after the original series ended. 43 of the 59 Enterprise crew members killed were Redshirts.

HOME IMPROVEMENT---Tim Allen said a sequel series has been discussed, “I can’t say everybody, but it has been floated. And more than I would have expected said, ‘Yeah, that would be cool to do it years later,’ like ROSEANNE." Allen hinted he would take the lead in reuniting the cast like Sarah Gilbert did for the new ROSEANNE, "I like that idea."

HELLBOY--creator Mike Mignola commented on his involvement in the reboot movie, "...I have been involved ever since they said ‘Hey we’re gonna make another Hellboy movie, and we’re gonna do this story.’ I’ve bounced back and forth with them about how to adapt this particular Hellboy story.
At various times I’ve jumped in and been much more active in the screenplay than I ever was on the Del Toro movies. But I did nothing so far as design stuff on the movie. Guillermo wanted me as a concept artist, but on this movie, there were other concept artists. I came in and I looked at some stuff, but they were trying to do something so close to what’s on the comics that they really leaned on what had been done by Duncan [Fegredo] and me in the comics.”

INFINITE---Sony Pictures supernatural movie underway about scientists and adventurers, who have explored outer space and the ocean's depths, team up to explore the afterlife.

THE WONDER OF ALL THINGS---Lionsgate movie underway based on the novel about a teenage girl who discovers she has mysterious healing powers after saving a friend's life at an air show plane crash.

SCARY LOVE---Tommy Wiseau stars in this sci fi movie about a bounty hunter who searches for his long-lost love.

KILLING EVE---BBC miniseries underway about a bored MI5 agent who is assigned to find a deadly female assassin. Sandra Oh and Jodie Comer star.

THE VAMPIRE DIARIES---CW is in the early stages of developing a spinoff series featuring Hope Mikaelson.

SCHITT'S CREEK---POP TV renewed the series for Season 5.

UNDONE---Amazon animated series from the creators of BOJACK HORSEMAN about a woman who survives a car accident and uses time to solve her father's mysterious death.

LITTLE NERO IN SLUMBERLAND---animated movie underway based on the comic book.

TRIVIA---THE GUNS OF NAVARONE starred Gregory Peck, David Niven and Anthony Quinn. and was based on the Alistair MacLean World War II novel. Carl Foreman (HIGH NOON, THE BRIDGE ON THE RIVER KWAI) was the writer/producer.

David Niven, who had moved to Hollywood, returned to England and rejoined the British Army when World War II began. He was the only British actor in the US to do so. He volunteered for combat duty and served in the "Phantom Signals Unit" which he rarely talked about. During the Battle of the Bulge, US sentries, worried he might be a German soldier, asked him who won the 1943 World Series. He replied, "Haven't the foggiest idea, but I did co-star with Ginger Rogers in BACHELOR MOTHER!" Niven supposedly said about serving in combat, "Well on the whole, I would rather be tickling Ginger Rogers' t*ts."

In the introductory sequence, real combat film footage is used to show the guns of Navarone sinking a British warship. In reality, the footage shows the battleship HMS Barham exploding after being torpedoed by a U-boat in 1941.

HMS Barham video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdrISbwy_zI

The movie was nominated for six Academy Awards, including Best Picture. It won the Oscar for Best Special Effects. Ironically, in the opening scene, an RAF Lancaster bomber crash lands at an airbase, but the Lancaster flying in the background never moves.

In one scene, the commandos' fishing boat is boarded by sailors from a German patrol boat. The commandos blow up the German patrol boat which erupts in a massive fireball---but the fishing boat goes unscathed.
In reality, the German patrol boat was a Greek navy patrol boat on loan to the movie which really sank because the explosives used in the scene were too powerful. The Greek naval officer who was the liaison to the movie, was demoted even after the production crew repeatedly sent letters to the Greek navy insisting they were to blame for the sunken patrol boat.

In the scene in which James Darren and a German officer kill each other, the German officer was played by Bob Simmons, who was the stunt coordinator for most of the James Bond movies and played Bond in the trademark opening gun barrel scene.

Bob Simmons and Sean Connery in THUNDERBALL.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:55 pm

THURSDAY, MARCH 8

STAR WARS---Lucasfilm announced that Jon Favreau (IRON MAN) will be the writer/executive producer of a live-action STAR WARS tv series that will premiere on the Walt Disney direct-to-consumer platform that will launch in late 2019. Favreau said, “If you told me at 11 years old that I would be getting to tell stories in the Star Wars universe, I wouldn’t have believed you. I can’t wait to embark upon this exciting adventure.”
Favreau has roles in SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY and STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS.

SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY---Michael K. Williams played Dryden Vos before he was replaced by Paul Bettany due to the reshoots required when Ron Howard became the new director. Williams said about the behind-the-scenes situation with Howard replacing fired co-directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller, “I’ve seen a lot of crazy sh*t, but [what happened with SOLO] was one for the textbooks.”

FONZO---Tom Hardy plays syphilis-infected mobster Al Capone in this biomovie directed by Josh Trank. The synopsis is: “Once a ruthless businessman and bootlegger who ruled Chicago with an iron fist, Alfonse Capone was the most infamous and feared gangster of American lore. At the age of 47, following nearly a decade of imprisonment, dementia rots Alfonse’s mind and his past becomes present as harrowing memories of his violent and brutal origins melt into his waking life.”

DREDD---Karl Urban said he still hopes a sequel is made, and he confirmed rumors that Alex Garland directed the movie, not Pete Travis, "I would love to have the opportunity to play Dredd again, but if it doesn’t happen then I’m happy with the fact that we’ve made a film that has become a cult classic and that people have discovered over time. A huge part of the success of DREDD is in fact due to Alex Garland and what a lot of people don’t realize is that Alex Garland actually directed that movie.”
Asked if he wants Garland to direct a sequel, Urban replied, “Right? That would rock my world. I just hope when people think of Alex Garland’s filmography that DREDD is the first film that he made before EX MACHINA. You think about it in those terms; it goes DREDD, EX MACHINA, ANNIHILATION."
Urban said he might appear in the Dredd tv series, JUDGE DREDD: MEGA-CITY ONE, "The rights holders [Producer Brian Jenkins and Rebellion CEO Jason Kingsley ] are in their process of developing their show called MEGA-CITY ONE and we’ve had many discussions and the ball’s in their court. Hopefully, they get it together and are able to deliver more of what the audience wants and it would certainly be a privilege and a pleasure to be a part of it."

ROBOPOCALYPSE---Michael Bay is in talks to direct the sci fi movie based on the novel. Steven Spielberg was the original director with a cast of Anne Hathaway and Chris Hemsworth, but it was shelved due to a rising budget.
Bay will also direct action movie 6 UNDERGROUND written by Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese, but no plot details were released.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR---the movie is 156 minutes long, making it the longest MCU movie ever and surpassing CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR with 148 minutes.

THE OUTPOST---new CW/Dean Devlin ten-episode fantasy series about the lone survivor of the Blackblood race who has super powers and seeks revenge against the mercenaries and religious dictator that murdered her family.

THE GOOD DOCTOR---ABC renewed the series for Season 2.

MOOSE---John Travolta, Devon Sawa and Fred Durst star in this movie based on a true story about a rabid fan who stalks an action star and then seeks to destroy him.

TRIVIA---this is the first in a series of actors who had repeat roles in the James Bond movies.
Veteran character actor Shane Rimmer played more roles in the James Bond movies than any other actor not in a recurring role. Rimmer is also well known for providing the voice of Scott Tracy in the THUNDERBIRDS tv series. His other roles include STAR WARS, DR. STRANGELOVE, GANDHI, OUT OF AFRICA, SUPERMAN, BATMAN BEGINS and ROLLERBALL.

Rimmer as a NASA technician in YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE.

Rimmer with Jimmy Dean and Sean Connery in DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER.

Rimmer provided the voice for Agent Hamilton in LIVE AND LET DIE.

Rimmer as the commander of the submarine USS Wayne with Roger Moore in THE SPY WHO LOVED ME.

Rimmer in STAR WARS.

Rimmer as the B-52 co-pilot with Slim Pickens in DR. STRANGELOVE.

Rimmer as the voice of Scott Tracy in the THUNDERBIRDS tv series.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:37 pm

FRIDAY, MARCH 9

TERMINATOR 6---Mackenzie Davis (THE MARTIAN) is in negotiations to play the lead role of a soldier on a mission to assassinate someone. She will be the main character in future sequels. Arnold Schwarzenegger and Linda Hamilton co-star.

WONDER WOMAN 2---director Patty Jenkins confirmed Kristen Wiig will play villain Cheetah in the sequel.

THE MANY SAINTS OF NEWARK---THE SOPRANOS theatrical prequel movie set during the 1960s Newark riots is underway. No details were released as to which of the original characters will be featured. Creator David Chase is the co-writer.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR---new photo shows Iron Man's new Bleeding Edge armor suit which includes "wings" and arm-mounted rocket boosters.

BLOODSHOT---Vin Diesel will star in the Sony Pictures movie based on the comic book about a dead soldier who is brought back to life with nanotechnology super powers.

VILLAINS---Bill Skarsgard (IT) and Maika Monroe (IT FOLLOWS) star in this dark comedy movie about two amateur burglars who break into a house where the two sadistic owners have chained a young girl in the basement.

MANDY---Nicolas Cage and Andrea Riseborough star in this movie about a couple's happy existence which is shattered by cult leader Jeremiah Sand and his followers. The movie has a 100% critics score on Rotten Tomatoes.

THE LIBRARIANS---producer Dean Devlin tweeted TNT has cancelled the series, “Just got the official call. TNT has cancelled #TheLibrarians – I will immediately begin the process of trying to move the show elsewhere. Please keep your fingers crossed for us!”

GREY'S ANATOMY---Jessica Capshaw and Sarah Drew will not be returning after Season 14.

SUITS---USA Network ordered the spinoff series starring Gina Torres.

HIS DARK MATERIALS---Tom Hooper (THE KING'S SPEECH) is the star/director of this eight-part fantasy miniseries set in a parallel universe. Dafne Keen (LOGAN) co-stars.

SABRINA---Bronson Pinchot will play the principal of Baxter High School in the Netflix witch series.

TRIVIA---Robert J. Wilke was a ubiquitous character actor whose specialty was playing Western villains. He appeared in HIGH NOON, THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN, CHEYENNE, BONANZA, SPARTACUS, FROM HERE TO ETERNITY, GUNSMOKE, TONY ROME and THE WILD, WILD WEST.

Lee Van Cleef, Wilke and Sheb Wooley as the gunslingers in HIGH NOON.

Wilke challenges James Coburn to the fatal duel in THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN.

Wilke and James Mason aboard the Nautilus in 20,000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA.

Wilke's last role as General Barnicke in STRIPES which starred Bill Murray.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by jttar » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:56 pm

Great pics in this post. Really enjoyed the look. Congrats on post #1234 my friend!

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by SONYESP » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:10 pm

Thanks, JTTAR. Good to hear from you.
SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:10 pm

MONDAY, MARCH 12

DUNE---director Denis Villeneuve (ARRIVAL, BLADE RUNNER 2049) commented on the status of his movie based on the sci fi novel, “DUNE will probably take two years to make. The goal is to make two films, maybe more.” The 1984 David Lynch movie starred Kyle McLachlan, Sting and Patrick Stewart.

MATT HELM---Bradley Cooper will star in this Paramount Pictures movie based on the spy novel series. George Clooney, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci are the producers. Tom Shepherd is the writer. Dean Martin starred in four 1960s movies based on the novels.

CAPTAIN MARVEL---Samuel L. Jackson posted a photo of himself during the makeup process with the caption, “Caught a lil’ nap while going thru the process today!".
Fan speculation is that Jackson is a Skrull in the movie.

GREYHOUND---Elisabeth Shue (BACK TO THE FUTURE PART II) and Rob Morgan (MUDBOUND) will co-star with Tom Hanks in the movie based on the CS Forester World War II novel THE GOOD SHEPHERD in which an older captain of a Navy destroyer on his first combat assignment battles German u-boats.

LEONARD BERNSTEIN---supposedly Steven Spielberg is working on a Leonard Bernstein biomovie. After finishing INDIANA JONES 5, Spielberg will choose between the Bernsteion biomovie and the WESTSIDE STORY remake which Bernstein composed the score for.

CATCH-22---Christopher Abbott (THE SINNER) will star in the Hulu/George Clooney miniseries based on the Joseph Heller World War II novel. Alan Arkin starred in the 1970 Mike Nichols movie.

THE SIMPSONS---with Fox finally airing a cancelled 2006 O.J. Simpson special O.J. SIMPSON: THE LAST INTERVIEW, THE SIMPSONS showrunner Al Jean posted that O.J. Simpson turned down a guest star offer, 'Ironically OJ simpson airs on fox 25 years to the day after the episode we asked him to be in (pre-murders) and he turned down". Jean later posted what episode was involved, "last exit to Springfield fortunately he passed and we got Dr Joyce [Brothers]".

DOCTOR WHO---Alan Cumming confirmed he will guest star as King James I, “I’m about to go and do an episode of Doctor Who. I’m so excited! I’ve never been in it… [The character is] a nice baddie. I’m like a sort of dandy, foppy character who becomes alright in the end. They said he might come back.” He later apologized when he was informed that he was not supposed to reveal his guest star role.
Also, former Doctor Who Christopher Eccleston commented on appearing in THOR: THE DARK WORLD and G.I. JOE: THE RISE OF COBRA, “Working on something like GI Joe was horrendous. I just wanted to cut my throat every day. And Thor? Just a gun in your mouth. Gone in 60 Seconds was a good experience. Nic Cage is a gentleman and fantastic actor. But GI Joe and Thor were … I really paid for being a whore those times.”
He said he took these roles in the US because the BBC blacklisted for leaving DOCTOR WHO after only one season.

TRIVIA---this is the latest in a series about James Bond movie trivia.
Maude Adams appeared in three Bond movies in three different roles: THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN, OCTOPUSSY and A VIEW TO A KILL.

Adams co-starred with Roger Moore, Christopher Lee and Britt Eckland in THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN. Lee was a step-cousin of Ian Fleming and had been a candidate to star as James Bond.

Adams co-starred with Roger Moore in OCTOPUSSY.

Adams was visiting her friend Roger Moore while he was filming his last Bond movie, A VIEW TO A KILL, in San Francisco. As a favor, she did a cameo as a cable car rider wearing a hat and white-rimmed sunglasses.

Ironically, Adams was to co-star as a Russian spy with Peter Sellers in THE PINK PANTHER STRIKES AGAIN, but she was later replaced by Lesley-Anne Down.

This photo shows Adams with a promotional pink BMW motorcycle from THE PINK PANTHER STRIKES AGAIN before she was replaced by Lesley-Anne Down.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Sony and Industry Related News