[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony Pictures

Advanced search
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:10 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony Pictures

Sony Pictures

The latest Sony related news and industry news as well.

Moderator: jttar

by SONYESP » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:29 pm

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 1

GAME OF THRONES---video released from Season 8 (spoiler alert).

Video link: http://watchersonthewall.com/major-new- ... rfell-set/

STAR WARS---Andy Serkis hinted that Snoke might return in EPISODE IX, "Look, it's STAR WARS, so you never know how life, or whether life can be come back to or not. Whether you can be resuscitated or brought back."

ANT-MAN AND THE WASP---set photo shows Hannah John-Kamen as villain Ghost.

EXTREMELY WICKED, SHOCKINGLY EVIL AND VILE---Jim Parsons (THE BIG BANG THEORY) will co-star in the serial killer Ted Bundy biomovie and will play lead prosecutor Jim Simpson in the 1979 Miami murder trial in which Bundy was tried for killing two Florida State University sorority sisters. Haley Joel Osment (THE SIXTH SENSE) has also joined the cast in an undisclosed role.

BLADE 4---Wesley Snipes commented on returning for another sequel, "I am very much open to all of the possibilities. If BLADE 4 comes along, that is a conversation we can have. And there are other characters in the Marvel Universe that, if they want to invite me to play around with, I am with that too. I think the fans have a hunger for me to revision the Blade character, so that could limit where they could place me as another character in that universe.”

STAR TREK: DISCOVERY---Jason Isaacs commented on if Captain Lorca would return, “I said yes to a fantastic story. You never quite know with television because it’s written week by week. I thought the writers really delivered a fabulous, interesting story, and for me as an actor, I had just a banquet every scene. If they came up with a great story, I would be all ears.”

TREMORS: A COLD DAY IN HELL---sequel synopsis and photo released.

"Burt Gummer (Michael Gross) and his son Travis Welker (Jamie Kennedy) find themselves up to their ears in Graboids and Ass-Blasters when they head to Canada to investigate a series of deadly giant-worm attacks. Arriving at a remote research facility in the artic tundra, Burt begins to suspect that Graboids are secretly being weaponized, but before he can prove his theory, he is sidelined by Graboid venom. With just 48 hours to live, the only hope is to create an antidote from fresh venom — but to do that, someone will have to figure out how to milk a Graboid!"

COWBOY NINJA VIKING---Michelle MacLaren (GAME OF THRONES) will direct the movie starring Chris Pratt.

THE GILDED AGE---NBC/Julian Fellowes (DOWNTON ABBEY) series about 1880s New York railroad tycoon George Russell and his family.

OLOGY---Paramount Pictures movie underway based on the book series.

SUITS---Katherine Heigl will play new partner Samantha Wheeler in Season 8.

SUPER MARIO BROS.---animated movie underway.

TRIVIA---McHALE'S NAVY was an ABC sitcom starring Ernest Borgnine as the commander of PT boat 73 that was inspired by John F. Kennedy, commander of PT 109, during World War II. It originally was a one-hour drama "Seven Against the Sea" on FRED ASTAIRE'S PREMIERE THEATRE in 1962, but when ABC decided to make it as a series, it was changed to a comedy. The series co-starred Tim Conway and Joe Flynn and ran from 1962-1966. It inspired three movies, including the 1997 sequel starring Tom Arnold, Borgnine, Tim Curry, Bruce Campbell and Debra Messing.

The real PT 73 saw combat in the Aleutians, Borneo, New Guinea and the Philippine Islands. While delivering supplies to Filipino guerillas, PT 73 was stranded on an uncharted reef. To prevent it from being seized by Japanese troops on a nearby island, the crew abandoned PT 73 and set it on fire.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:08 pm

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 2

THE WALKING DEAD---trailer released for the return of Season 8.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WzTPv5iK6s

STARGATE: ORIGINS---trailer released for the prequel web series.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Itqq9hzLapk

HALLOWEEN (2018)---John Carpenter explained why he is returning for the sequel to his classic horror movie, "...I talked about the Halloweens for a long time, the sequels — I haven’t even seen all of them. I don’t even know what really was there — but finally, it occurred to me: Well if I’m just flapping my gums here, talking about it, why don’t I try to make it as good as I can? I could offer advice. I could talk to the director. I like the director very much. I like the script. So, you know, stop throwing rocks from the sidelines and get in there and try to do something positive.”

TARANTINO---the untitled Quentin Tarantino movie, which is connected to the Charles Manson Murders, is seeking a Polish-speaking actor to play director Roman Polanski. Polanski's wife, Sharon Tate, was one of the victims. Leonardo DiCaprio will play Tate's neighbor. Tom Cruise in talks to play a movie stuntman.

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI---Rian Johnson explained why Han Solo's funeral wasn't shown, “[There was no debate of showing Han Solo’s funeral], just because pacing-wise it didn’t have a place. It’s tough in Star Wars because I always think about the mourning that Luke gives to Ben’s death, which is all of four-and-a-half seconds before, ‘Come on kid we’re not out of this yet’ and then boom, you’re into ‘Yay, woo-hoo! Don’t get cocky!’ There’s the moment for it, but it’s not long. We don’t have time for our sorrows, commanders. That’s kind of the thing of Star Wars; you don’t really linger on grief because you’re moving forward.”

LEONARDO DA VINCI---John Logan (GLADIATOR, SKYFALL) will write the script for the Leonardo Da Vinci biomovie starring Leonardo DiCaprio.

DEMIMONDE---HBO/JJ Abrams sci fi series underway in which a female scientist is in a coma after a car accident. Her daughter begins experiments to help her mother and is transported to another world where she battles "a monstrous, oppressive force".

MEN IN BLACK---F. Gary Gray (FATE OF THE FURIOUS) is in talks to direct the reboot movie.

GONE BABY GONE---Fox tv pilot underway based on the novel by Dennis Lehane (MYSTIC RIVER) that was the inspiration for the 2007 movie.

A SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS---Neil Patrick Harris said Season 3 will be the last season.

TRIVIA---GROUNDHOG DAY was filmed in Woodstock, Illinois and not in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania because Punxsutawney's town center wasn't photogenic enough. In retaliation for not being chosen for the filming site, Punxsutawney officials refused to let the real Punxsutawney Phil appear in the movie.
Andie McDowell asked Ramis to let her use her native South Carolina accent during the movie, and Ramis agreed. Tom Hanks and Michael Keaton tuned the Phil role down.

In the driving scene, the groundhog bit Murray, who then had to have rabies shots.

Harold Ramis has a cameo as the neurologist in the movie. During filming, a bitter feud began between Ramis and Bill Murray, who acted erratically during filming (perhaps because of his divorce) that lasted almost 20 years.

The young bridegroom in the movie was the first movie role for Michael Shannon (THE SHAPE OF WATER).

In the diner scene, Phil (Bill Murray) tells Rita (Andie McDowell) that Gus (Rick Ducommun) "...wishes he'd stayed in the Navy." In THE HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER, Ducommun played a Navy C-2 Greyhound crewman who talks to airsick Alec Baldwin about vomit and then offers him a candy bar.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:27 pm

MONDAY, FEBRUARY 5

SOLO: A STAR WAR STORY---trailer released for the young Han Solo movie.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNW0B0HsvVs

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM---trailer released for the sequel.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NooW_RbfdWI

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE-FALLOUT---trailer released for the sequel.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb49-oV0F78

SKYSCRAPER---trailer released for the Dwayne Johnson disaster movie.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9QePUT-Yt8

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR---tv commercial released for the sequel.

Commercial link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVxOVlm_lE8

WESTWORLD---tv commercial released for Season 2.

Commercial link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUmfriZoMw0

BEST SUPER BOWL COMMERCIAL---USA TODAY Ad Meter survey picked Amazon's "Alexa Loses Her Voice" as the best Super Bowl LII commercial.

Commercial link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6-8DQALGt4

THE CLOVERFIELD PARADOX---trailer released for the Netflix movie.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8brYvhEg5Aw

LETHAL WEAPON 5---director Richard Donner commented on the status of the sequel, “And I’m ready to do 5. It’s called LETHAL FINALE. It’s very dark. And we were all set to go and now Warner Bros. is doing their old-fashioned tricks. Not Warner Bros., there’s this guy who runs the studio who’s great but they have these people in the legal department who do the negotiating in the most counter-productive way. They should be sent to a studio and work with the producers and directors and actors, and learn what makes a film, and then negotiate. But it’s just embarrassing. And it’s too bad, because there’s a wonderful writer named Channing Gibson, who wrote 4 for me, and we have a really great story. It is dark, but I wanted to end it on an emotional note, and I don’t think it’s gonna happen. It’s heartbreaking.”

KILL BILL---Uma Thurman released a video showing her in a car wreck scene from the movie in which she suffered permanent injuries. Thurman wanted a stunt driver to perform the scene, but Quentin Tarantino insisted she should do the scene after assuring her it was safe, “Quentin came in my trailer and didn’t like to hear no, like any director. He was furious because I’d cost them a lot of time. But I was scared. He said: ‘I promise you the car is fine. It’s a straight piece of road.’” He persuaded her to do it, and instructed: “‘Hit 40 miles per hour or your hair won’t blow the right way and I’ll make you do it again.’ But that was a deathbox that I was in. The seat wasn’t screwed down properly. It was a sand road and it was not a straight road.”
She added, “The steering wheel was at my belly and my legs were jammed under me… I felt this searing pain and thought, ‘Oh my God, I’m never going to walk again."' After leaving the hospital, she said, “Quentin and I had an enormous fight, and I accused him of trying to kill me. And he was very angry at that, I guess understandably, because he didn’t feel he had tried to kill me.”
Thurman asked to see footage of the crash, but Tarantino and Harvey Weinstein's Miramax studio refused unless she gave up her right to sue. Thurman declined the offer. She gave information of the incident to police and after 15 years of persistence, Tarantino gave her the footage, “Quentin finally atoned by giving it to me after 15 years, right? Not that it matters now, with my permanently damaged neck and my screwed-up knees.”
Thurman's comments were part of an interview in which she also talked being another victim of sexual predator Weinstein.

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qfdwn9OCB3I

LA CONFIDENTIAL---CBS pilot underway based on the novel that inspired the 1997 movie that starred Russell Crowe and Kim Basinger.

TITAN GAMES---new NBC physical competition series with Dwayne Johnson as the host.

TRIVIA---four stars of the 1960s spy series THE AVENGERS and THE NEW AVENGERS sequel appeared in James Bond movies.

Honor Blackman co-starred in GOLDFINGER, considered to be the best of the classic Bond movies.

Diana Rigg co-starred with George Lazenby in ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE, the first Bond movie without Sean Connery.

Joanna Lumley (directly below Lazenby in the photo) also appeared in ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE.

Patrick Macnee co-starred in A VIEW TO A KILL, Roger Moore's last Bond movie.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:45 pm

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 6

DEADPOOL 2---Ryan Reynolds released a FLASHDANCE parody poster for the sequel.

FORD VS FERRARI---James Mangold (LOGAN) will direct this untitled 20th Century Fox movie about Ford hiring race car designer Carroll Shelby and British driver Ken Miles to design a car that would defeat Ferrari in the 1966 Le Mans World Championship. Christian Bale is being sought for Shelby and Matt Damon for Miles.

STEEL SOLDIERS---sci fi movie underway about a disgraced Special Forces officer who must train a team of android soldiers for a mission to rescue their creator. Robert Zemeckis (FORREST GUMP) is the producer. Ken Kaufman (SPACE COWBOYS, THE MISSING) is the writer.

OUTRIDER---Arnold Schwarzenegger stars in this Amazon Western miniseries about a ruthless Federal Marshal, who was born in Europe, and his deputy who are ordered to apprehend a legendary outlaw in the Oklahoma Indian Territory.

CONAN THE BARBARIAN---Amazon tv series underway based on the novel series. The 1982 John Milius movie starred Arnold Schwarzenegger.

THE POLITICIAN---Netflix/Ryan Murphy comedy series starring Ben Platt, Barbra Streisand and Gwyneth Paltrow in which a wealthy Santa Barbarian man decides to enter politics.

SUPER BOWL LII---the Super Bowl had its lowest ratings since 2009. LII drew 103.4 million viewers compared to the 2017 Super Bowl which had 113.7 million viewers.

MOTHERLESS BROOKLYN---Edward Norton, Bruce Willis, Alec Baldwin and Willem Dafoe star in this movie based on the novel about a 1950s private detective described as, “a private detective with Tourette’s Syndrome as he tries to solve the murder of his mentor and only friend, Frank Minna. Armed only with a few clues and his obsessive mind, Norton’s character unravels closely guarded secrets that hold the fate of the whole city in the balance.” Norton is the director.

THE X-FILES---Chris Carter said Gillian Anderson not returning might be the subject of future seasons, "I think that’s an interesting problem for storytellers and I think that if THE X-FILES is to go forward then Scully would be a similar absent center.”

THE GREAT ALONE---Sony Pictures bought the movie rights to the upcoming Kristin Hannah novel about a family that moves to the Alaskan wilderness to get away from civilization and must learn to survive the hardships.

JOHN UPDIKE---tv series underway based on Updike's "Rabbit" novels. Andrew Davies (BRIDGET JONE'S DIARY) is the writer. The 1970 movie RABBIT RUN starred James Caan.

HARRY AND MEGHAN: A ROYAL ROMANCE---Murray Fraser and Parisa Fitz-Henly will star in the Lifetime movie about the Prince Harry and Meghan Markle romance.

TRIVIA---the classic Howard Hawks Western RIO BRAVO starred John Wayne, Dean Martin, Angie Dickinson, Ricky Nelson and Walter Brennan. The plot has Sheriff John T. Chance (John Wayne) arresting Joe Burdette (Claude Akins) after he kills an unarmed man and then battling Burdette's brother and his gang as they attempt to free him.

The unarmed man was played by character actor Bing Russell, who is better known as Kurt Russell's father.

Myron Healey played the cowboy who tossed a silver dollar into a spittoon for Dean Martin to retrieve. Healey later played a deputy of Rooster Cogburn (John Wayne) in TRUE GRIT.

Dean Martin starred in another Western, SOMETHING BIG, whose theme song was written by Dickinson's husband, Burt Bacharach.

Martin's son, Dean Paul Martin, was a singer and actor like his father. He died in 1987 when his California Air National Guard F-4C Phantom II fighter crashed on a training mission.

Singer/actor Ricky Nelson also died in a plane crash when his DC-3 airliner, once owned by Jerry Lee Lewis, crashed in Texas in 1985.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:42 pm

WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 7

DEADPOOL 2---trailer released for the sequel.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZNBFcwd7zc

STAR WARS---Lucasfilm head Kathleen Kennedy announced that GAME OF THRONES creators David Benioff and DB Weiss will create a new STAR WARS movie series that is not connected to the Skywalker saga or Rian Johnson's new trilogy. This means that the controversial HBO CONFEDERATE series that Benioff and Weiss were working on will probably be shelved.
Also, Walt Disney CEO Bob Iger said "a few" more STAR WARS tv series are being developed.

SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY---new photos released from the young Han Solo movie.

THE VOYAGE OF DOCTOR DOLITTLE---Robert Downey, Jr., Tom Holland, Emma Thompson, Ralph Fiennes, Antonio Banderas, Michael Sheen and Selena Gomez star in this live-action/animated movie based on the children's books.

HUMMINGBIRD---Milla Jovovich replaces Olivia Munn in this movie about a female assassin who discovers her true identity during a hit.

THE NIGHT CLERK---Tye Sheridan (X-MEN : APOCALYPSE) stars in this movie about a hotel night clerk who records a woman being murdered and becomes the lead suspect. He can't use the illegal video to clear himself and must stop the real killer from attacking a beautiful guest.

TRUE DETECTIVE---Mamie Gummer, daughter of Meryl Streep, will play a mother who is in the center of a crime in Season 3.

ONCE UPON A TIME---ABC cancelled the series with the current season being the last season.

CHARLIE SAYS---Matt Smith (DOCTOR WHO) stars in this movie about murderous cult leader Charles Manson. Suki Waterhouse co-stars.

TRIVIA---The classic THE TWILIGHT ZONE episode "To Serve Man" is rated number 11 in TV GUIDE's "100 Greatest Episodes of All Time".

Lloyd Bochner starred in the episode and also played a parody villain in THE NAKED GUN 2 1/2: THE SMELL OF FEAR as he screams the classic line, "It's a cookbook!".

Richard Kiel, (7' 1") played the giant Kanamit alien. Kiel also played Jaws in the James Bond movies THE SPY WHO LOVED ME and MOONRAKER.

Kiel with Barbara Bach (Mrs. Ringo Starr) in THE SPY WHO LOVED ME.

The voice of the Kanamit was provided by Joseph Rushkin who co-starred in the STAR TREK episode "The Gamesters of Triskelion".

Theo Marcuse played the bald Khrushchev-like Soviet UN ambassador in the episode.

Marcuse appeared in the "Catspaw" episode of STAR TREK.

In World War II, Marcuse received the Bronze Star and Silver Star while serving as an officer on the submarine USS Tirante.
Other Tirante officers included commanding officer Lt. Cmdr. George Street (who received the Medal of Honor), future Massachusetts Governor Endicott Peabody and Edward L. Beach, Jr. who wrote the novel RUN SILENT, RUN DEEP.

Based on the novel, RUN SILENT, RUN DEEP starred Clark Gable and Burt Lancaster. The movie also was the first role for Don Rickles.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:20 pm

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 8

VENOM---trailer released for the Tom Hardy movie.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzxFdtWmjto

SPINNING MAN---trailer released for the movie starring Pierce Brosnan, Guy Pearce and Minnie Driver.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hQFNep_-tk

THE TITAN---trailer released for the sci fi movie starring Sam Worthington.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ3fdg7N-2g

RED NOTICE---Dwayne Johnson will star in this action/comedy movie which refers to Red Notice, INTERPOL's highest alert to arrest a criminal. Johnson will receive up to $25 million. Writer/director Rawson Thurber Marshall will reunite with Johnson after they filmed SKYSCRAPER.

WONDER WOMAN 2---the sequel's working title is MAGIC HOUR. Speculation is that this refers to sorceress Circe who might be the sequel's main villain.

MAGNUM, PI---Justin Lin (FAST & FURIOUS) will direct the CBS reboot pilot of the Tom Selleck series that ran from 1980-1988.

AMAZING STORIES---showrunner Bryan Fuller has left the Apple reboot fantasy series. Fuller wanted the reboot to be more adult-oriented, but Apple wanted it to be children-oriented like the original Steven Spielberg/NBC series.

FAST & FURIOUS---David Leitch (DEADPOOL 2, ATOMIC BLONDE) is in talks to direct the spinoff movie starring Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham.

THE ART OF RACING IN THE RAIN---Milo Ventimiglia is in talks to star in this movie based on the novel about a dog and his owner, a professional race car driver.

RICHARD PRYOR---composer Quincy Jones, 84, talked about his friends Richard Pryor and Marlon Brando, “Brando used to go cha-cha dancing with us. He could dance his ass off. He was the most charming mother—-er you ever met. He’d f— anything. Anything! He’d f— a mailbox. James Baldwin. Richard Pryor. Marvin Gaye.”
Pryor's widow, Jennifer, confirmed Jones's account, “It was the ’70s! Drugs were still good, especially Quaaludes. If you did enough cocaine, you’d f— a radiator and send it flowers in the morning.” Pryor's diaries will be published later this year.

THE LIGHTHOUSE---Willem Dafoe is in talks to star in this thriller movie about an aging Nova Scotia lighthouse keeper in the early 20th century. He commented, "I'm like the boy next door, if you live next door to a mausoleum."
Dafoe said he was a candidate to play The Joker in the 1989 Tim Burton BATMAN movie, “[Screenwriter Sam] Hamm said something about how physi­cally I would be perfect for the part, but they never offered it to me.” Jack Nicholson got the role.

THE HAUNTING OF SHARON TATE---Hillary Duff stars in this movie about the murder of Sharon Tate, wife of director Roman Polanski, during the Charles Manson cult killings. The movie is based on Tate's dreams in which her house was haunted by ghosts and her premonition that she would be murdered by a satanic cult.

THRILLER---Armie Hammer will star in this untitled thriller movie described as being about a man, “whose life begins to unravel after a series of disturbing and inexplicable events begin to happen when he picks up a phone left behind at his bar.” Babak Anvari (UNDER THE SHADOW) is the writer/director.

APOLLO 11---Richard Linklater commented on his untitled coming-of-age movie set in Houston during the Apollo 11 lunar landing, “You had so much going on in Houston at once: NASA, the Medical Center, the Astrodome. There was a communal atmosphere. You had all these kids with parents working at NASA for a common goal.”

HANNA---Mireille Enos, Joel Kinnaman and Esme Creed-Miles will star in the Amazon series based on the movie about a girl with super skills who evades a pursuing CIA agent.

DOCTOR WHO---Billie Piper hinted she might be returning as Rose after posting, “Billie Piper Has News” and “What could it beeee?!!” which was followed by facial expression emojis and a rose.

JAMES BOND---Chris Hemsworth talked about being the next James Bond, “Yeah, I think any actor would jump at that opportunity. I’m certainly a fan. A whole lot of pressure comes with that, though. I think the Bond fan base is probably more critical than the comic book fanbase. But I don’t know, there’s plenty of guys that would do a better job than I would. Plenty of English men or women that could probably take over that one. …I feel like it’s a sort of English world.”

NFL---a Massachusetts newspaper said, according to anonymous sources, New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski might retire from the NFL and pursue an acting career. He supposedly has consulted Sylvester Stallone and Dwayne Johnson for advice.

TRIVIA--in Alfred Hitchcock's REAR WINDOW, Hitchcock's traditional cameo has him winding a clock in the songwriter's apartment. The songwriter was played by Ross Bagdasarian, who was better known as David Seville, creator of Alvin and the Chipmunks.

Jimmy Stewart played magazine photographer LB "Jeff" Jefferies, who in World War II, was a photographer in a Mosquito reconnaissance plane flown by his friend, police detective Thomas Doyle (Wendell Corey). A photo of their Mosquito hangs on his wall.
In reality, Stewart was a highly-decorated colonel and B-24 Liberator pilot who flew 20 combat missions in the European Theater. He received the Distinguished Flying Cross and the French Croix de Guerre.

The voice of Jimmy Stewart's editor during their telephone call was Oscar-winning Gig Young.

Hitchcock chose Raymond Burr to play murderer Lars Thorwald because he resembled producer David O. Selznick whom Hitchcock had a less-than-ideal relationship with.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:42 pm

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 9

THE JOKER---Joaquin Phoenix has agreed to star in the untitled origin movie about The Joker, but negotiations with Warner Bros. have not started. Todd Phillips (THE HANGOVER) is the director, and Martin Scorsese is the producer.

GAME OF THRONES---photos taken on the set in Croatia show a meeting between Jon Snow and Cersei Lannister.

V---Desilu Studios is developing a movie trilogy based on the reptilian alien invasion series that began on NBC in 1983 which was followed by an ABC reboot series in 2009. The original series starred Jane Badler, Marc Singer and Robert Englund. The reboot series starred Morena Baccarin and Elizabeth Mitchell.

ANNIHILATION---the Alex Garland (EX MACHINA) sci fi movie starring Natalie Portman is receiving early rave comments from film journalists. Among them was:

"Alex Garland's #Annihilation is absolutely phenomenal. It's gorgeous and mesmerizing, with brilliant performances from the entire ensemble. It's a remarkable vision, and has a sequence so thrilling that I was left literally dizzy. It will be on my Top 10 of 2018 without question."

DAUGHTERS OF THE RESISTANCE---Steven Spielberg's Amblin Partners bought the movie rights to the proposed book DAUGHTERS OF RESISTANCE: VALOR, FURY AND THE UNTOLD STORY OF WOMEN RESISTANCE FIGHTERS IN HITLER'S GHETTOS.

LOBO---Michael Bay is in talks to direct the Warner Bros./DC Entertainment movie about the alien bounty hunter, although the $200 million projected budget must be reduced. Jason Fuchs (WONDER WOMAN) will write the script.

ACTION MAN---James Bobin (THE MUPPETS, ALICE THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS) will direct the movie based on the Hasbro toy line.

THOR---Chris Hemsworth commented on his future as Thor, "My contract’s coming to an end, we’ve just finished the last two Avengers. Who knows what the future holds. We felt like we reinvented the last one in a big way. It felt refreshed and re-energized. We might have a conversation if there’s another great script that comes along. But at the moment that’s it.”

DOCTOR WHO---Billie Piper clarified an early post that she might return to DOCTOR WHO. Piper was actually promoting a raffle for an acting school in which the winner gets to meet her.

CAMPING---Jennifer Garner stars in this HBO/Lena Dunham comedy that is a remake of the British comedy series.

THE KING---Timothee Chalamet (CALL ME BY YOUR NAME) star in this biomovie about young Henry V. No other plot details were released.

TRIVIA---Perry Lopez is best remembered as playing Lieutenant Lou Escobar in the classic CHINATOWN which also starred Jack Nicholson and Faye Dunaway.

One of Lopez's first movie roles was in THE CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON as Tomas, one of the Creature's early victims.

Another sci fi role for Lopez was in the "Shore Leave" episode of STAR TREK.

Lopez co-starred in the World War II heist movie KELLY'S HEROES which starred Clint Eastwood, Telly Savalas, Donald Sutherland, Don Rickles and Carroll O'Connor.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:13 pm

MONDAY, FEBRUARY 12

SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY---Lucasfilm head Kathleen Kennedy said George Lucas gave a suggestion that was incorporated in the movie, "He had intended to just kind of stop by and say hi, and he stayed five hours. There’s even one little moment in a scene that – I can’t tell you what, sorry – but in the scene on the Millennium Falcon where George said, ‘Why doesn’t Han just do this’.
It actually is a funny little bit that will probably get a laugh. And Ron [Howard] happened to be by the monitor and not inside the Falcon and he goes, ‘Oh that’s a great idea,’ and ran in and said, ‘George wants us to do this.’ So that was pretty cool. I think George felt pretty great about that. He could revisit these characters, and I think he felt so comfortable, obviously with Ron being there, that it was just fun for him.”
Harrison Ford served as an advisor to Howard and Alden Ehrenreich on the movie.

GAME OF THRONES---George RR Martin confirmed there will be only seven books, “...I don’t consider A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE a series either; it’s one single story, being published in (we hope) seven volumes. FWIW, Tolkien wasn’t writing a series when he wrote LORD OF THE RINGS either. He wrote a big novel and his publisher divided it into three parts, none of which stands on its own.”

THE WALKING DEAD---Lauren Cohan is in "active negotiations" to return for Season 9.

L.A. CONFIDENTIAL---CBS tv pilot underway based on the James Ellroy novel and 1997 movie that starred Russell Crowe and Kim Basinger. The plot involves three Los Angeles homicide detectives, a female journalist and an actress who try to track down a serial killer in 1950s Hollywood. Michael Dinner (JUSTIFIED) is the director/executive producer.

JAMES BOND---Rachel Weisz, Daniel Craig's wife, commented on a female James Bond, “[Fleming] devoted an awful lot of time to writing this particular character, who is particularly male and relates in a particular way to women. Why not create your own story rather than jumping on to the shoulders and being compared to all those other male predecessors? Women are really fascinating and interesting and should get their own stories.”

SWAMP THING---a fan asked Alex Garland (EX MACHINA, ANNIHILATION) what comic book character-based movie he would like to direct/write. Garland replied, "Swamp Thing".
Garland also commented on the rumored sequel to 28 DAYS LATER, “[I] doubt it will ever happen."

DEADPOOL 2---Stefan Kapicic confirmed that Shatterstar is in the sequel. A rumor says Bill Skarsgard (IT) is playing a mutant, perhaps Shatterstar, in the sequel.

JUSTICE LEAGUE---a source said Warner Bros. fired Zack Snyder several months before he announced he was leaving JUSTICE LEAGUE because his daughter committed suicide.

THOR---Natalie Portman, who supposedly was unhappy about DARK WORLD, said she's open to returning as Jane Foster, “I’m completely open to everything, but I have no news about that. (Laughs).”

THE OPERATIVE---Diane Kruger and Eric Bana are in negotiations to star in this movie based on the spy novel THE ENGLISH TEACHER in which a Mossad handler searches for a female Mossad agent who was involved in stopping Irqan's nuclear weapons program and mysteriously disappeared while at her father's funeral.

THE CAESARS---Michael Hirst (VIKINGS, THE TUDORS) and Martin Scorsese are developing a tv series about the rulers of the Roman Empire beginning with Julius Caesar.

CHILD'S PLAY---Don Mancini is developing a Chucky tv horror series.

DESCENDANT---Taylor Schilling (ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK) stars in this horror movie about a mother who discovers her young son is being influenced by supernatural forces. Jeff Buhler (THE MIDNIGHT MEAT TRAIN) is the writer.

TRIVIA---Toby Stephens is the son of Oscar-winning actress Maggie Smith and will star in the Netflix LOST IN SPACE remake series. His early roles included playing a young Clint Eastwood, a Bond Villain, a SEAL and a pirate.

Stephens will play the Guy Williams role in the Netflix remake of LOST IN SPACE.

Stephens played a young Clint Eastwood in SPACE COWBOYS (the song in the movie, "I Only Have Eyes for You", is sung by Eastwood's daughter, Alison Eastwood).

Stephens played Bond Villain Gustav Graves in DIE ANOTHER DAY.

Stephens played former SEAL Glen Doherty in 13 HOURS.

Stephens played pirate Captain Flint in BLACK SAILS.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:02 pm

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 13

RAMPAGE---new trailer released for the Dwayne Johnson movie.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-43MBOJnVks

OBI-WAN KENOBI---a Belfast newspaper said, according to a rumor, the Obi-Wan Kenobi movie will start filming in Belfast in 2019. The rumor began after George Lucas was seen eating in a local high-end restaurant before Christmas. A source corroborated the rumor by saying Lucas was given a tour of Paint Hall Studios, “been told there will be work throughout 2019 because Star Wars is coming to Belfast. It was all very low key, only a few people knew that the old guy walking round the set was George Lucas. It was only when we were told about Star Wars coming here next year that it dawned on us that was why he was here before Christmas."

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI---a source said the Stormtrooper appearances of Prince William and Prince Harry were deleted because they are too tall, “Stormtroopers have to be exactly 5 ft 11 in. At the time we shot it I think the feeling was that the scene would make the final movie. The scene just didn’t work for the final cut so it was left out.” Prince William is 6' 2", and Prince Harry is 6' 1".

THE HIGHWAYMEN---Netflix movie based on the true story about two retired Texas Rangers who were recalled to duty to track down Bonnie and Clyde in 1934. Kevin Costner, Woody Harrelson, Kathy Bates and Kim Dickens star.

KING FURY ---Michael Fassbender will star in this movie sequel to the short film about the top martial arts cop in Miami who goes back in time to assassinate Adolf Hitler. David Hasselhoff returns.

SANDMAN SLIM---Chad Stahelski (JOHN WICK) will direct the movie based on the fantasy books about the supernatural vigilante.

THE ORVILLE---Jessica Szohr (GOSSIP GIRLS) has joined the cast in an undisclosed role.

THE WALKING DEAD---Robert Kirkman commented on who the main character might be if Rick Grimes is killed, “Well, that’s a question, right? Who knows? Maybe it’s a character that hasn’t been introduced yet. Maybe it’ll be Judith, who knows.”

THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO---Hannah Simone (NEW GIRL) will star in the ABC reboot pilot about an Indian-American woman who is given super powers by aliens.

BOSCH---Amazon renewed the series for Season 5.

THE PREACHER---Betty Buckley, Colin Cunningham, Jeremy Childs and Liz McGeever will play the L'Angell family in Season 3.

THE LEGEND OF GEORGIA McBRIDE---Jim Parsons (THE BIG BANG THEORY) will co-star in this movie based on the play about an unemployed Elvis impersonator who supports his pregnant wife by getting a job as a drag queen.

THE TALE OF THE ALLERGIST'S WIFE---Sharon Stone and Bette Midler star in this movie based on the Broadway play.

143---the working title for the 20th Century Fox X-Men spinoff movie is supposedly about Kitty Pryde. Brian Michael Bendis is the writer. Tim Miller (DEADPOOL) is the director.

WILLY WONKA---Paul King (PADDINGTON 2) is in talks to direct the movie about the early adventures of Willy Wonka. The movie is not connected to any of Roald Dahl's books.

FIVE NIGHTS AT FREDDY'S---Chris Columbus (HOME ALONE) is the writer/director/producer of this movie based on the video game.

THE MARSH KING'S DAUGHTER---Alicia Vikander (EX MACHINA) stars in this movie based on the novel.

LARRY---movie underway based on the horror short film about a boy whose nightmares produce monsters via smart phones.

OFFICIAL SECRETS---Keira Knightley and Matt Smith star in this movie based on the true story of a female British intelligence whistle blower who leaked documents showing the US and England were spying on the UN Security Council before the second Iraq war.

THE KITCHEN---Melissa McCarthy is in negotiations to co-star with Tiffany Haddish in the movie based on the DC/Vertigo comic book.

TRIVIA---Tom Hanks starred as astronaut Jim Lovell, commander of Apollo 13. The real Lovell play the commander of the USS Iwo Jima, who greets Lovell (Hanks) back as their recovery helicopter lands on the ship.

Tight-fisted B horror king Roger Corman played the congressman who asks astronaut Lovell about the cost of the Apollo program. Corman gave Howard his first directing job in GRAND THEFT AUTO with Howard also starring.

Astronaut Fred Haise (Bill Paxton) said, "I could eat the ass out of a dead rhinoceros."
In reality, Gary Busey suggested the line while visiting the film set. Busey originally used the line in POINT BREAK.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:20 pm

WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 14

SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY---co-writer Jon Kasdan commented on the luxurious appearance of the Milliennium Falcon in SOLO when it was originally owned by Lando Calrissian, “Where Han gave it a certain shabby coolness and a dinged up quality that reflected where he was at that point in his life, this Falcon reflects its owner very clearly in its shape and aesthetic and his needs, even if those needs be a little more space to entertain." In A NEW HOPE, Solo told Luke Skywalker about the Millennium Falcon, “She may not look like much, but she’s got it where it counts, kid. I’ve made a lot of special modifications myself.”
Alden Ehrenreich added, "It’s safer in the galaxy to fly something that looks like a piece of junk. People underestimate you — especially if you’re up to no good. Kinda like how you’re more likely to get pulled over if you’re driving a Lamborghini.”
The Millennium Falcon's original closed-nose appearance versus the later open-mandibles look, will be explained in SOLO.

CALL OF DUTY---Activision Blizzard Studios movie is underway based on the video game which will be the first of a franchise. Stefano Sollima (SICARIO 2: SOLDADO) is in negotiations to direct.

KILLER'S GAME---Jason Statham is in negotiations to join the movie based on the novel about top assassin Joe Flood who issues a contract on himself after he's told by his doctor that he has a few months to live. When the doctor notifies Flood that the lab made a mistake and he is in good health, he has to battle the assassins who want to cash in on his contract. DJ Caruso (DISTURBIA) is the director.

THE LORD OF THE RINGS---Andy Serkis commented on returning as Gollum's voice for the Amazon tv series, "...I have no idea what that's about, really. I mean, it sounds incredible, but I don't see myself being any part of it. I don't think they would -- I think it's a completely fresh, new approach to it all, so I don't think I'd imagine myself to be anywhere near it really."

THE POISON ROSE---John Travolta stars in this movie about a down-on-his-luck private detective on takes the case of a hapless woman which leads to a trail of crime and dead bodies. Morgan Freeman and Forest Whitaker are in talks to co-star. George Gallo (MIDNIGHT RUN) is the director/co-writer.

SILVER AND BLACK---Lindsey Beer (CHAOS WALKING) and Geneva Robertson-Dworet (CAPTAIN MARVEL) will direct the Sony Pictures movie about Silver Sable and Black Cat.

SUPERHERO---Thomas Haden Church (SPIDER-MAN 3) said he's appearing in another superhero movie, “I’m not supposed to talk about it, but I actually have returned, but not in the Marvel world, it’s another world, but it is in that genre of superheroes and supervillains. I’m not supposed to talk about it, it’s a movie I shot last year. They’re trying to keep it-and good luck to ‘em-with, y’know, today man, I’m surprised it hasn’t already kinda been revealed.”
Church also commented on if Sam Raimi might return to the Sony Pictures franchise, "Sam’s production company is still set up there and he’ll always have a home at Sony, but on that particular franchise they parted ways. I think that Sam could come back to it if he was really interested if it doesn’t so far past him, y’know. Sam is only like a year or two older than me. Sam’s got plenty of energy and creative fuel and if they ever invited Sam to come back and do another one, I think he’d consider it, I do."

WHAT IS LIFE WORTH---Michael Keaton is in negotiations to star in the movie based on the memoir of Washington, DC lawyer Kenneth Feinberg, “the attorney appointed to administer the September 11th Victim Compensation Fund, detailing his encounters with victims’ families and the means he used to derive the amount of compensation they received.”

ANGEL HAS FALLEN---Gerard Butler, Morgan Freeman and Piper Perabo star in the the third movie in the franchise which has Secret Service Agent Mike Banning battling terrorists on board Air Force One.

DORIS PAYNE---Tessa Thompson (THOR: RAGNAROK) will star in this untitled biomovie about jewel thief Doris Payne," In her six-decade long career, Payne, who is now 87, would enter jewelry stores posing as a well-to-do woman looking for a diamond ring and ask to see an assortment of items. Using her charm, she would eventually cause the clerk to forget how many pieces were outside the cases and leave with one or two pieces… Payne’s criminal record dates back to the 1950s. She was arrested many times and has admitted to having used 20 aliases, 10 Social Security numbers, and nine dates of birth.”

DEN OF THIEVES 2---Gerard Butler and O'Shea Jackson, Jr. are returning for the sequel which involves Big Nick pursuing Donnie, jewel thieves and the mafia in the world's largest diamond exchange in Europe.

VAULT---Theo Rossi and Clive Standen star in this movie about the biggest heist in US history when thieves stole $35 million from the mafia in Rhode Island in 1975.

BOARDING SCHOOL---Will Patton and Tammy Blanchard star in this horror movie about a young boy who is sent to boarding school for problem students and discovers evil after another student is murdered.

BATSO AND THE WALL---biomovie underway about rock climber Warren "Batso" Harding.

NO ACTIVITY---CBS All Access renewed the series for Season 2.

TRIVIA---THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS was the first James Bond movie starring Timothy Dalton as James Bond and the first Bond movie without Lois Maxwell as Miss Moneypenny.

It was also composer John Barry's last Bond movie after scoring many of the classic Bond movies such including GOLDFINGER, THUNDERBALL, YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE, ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE and DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER.
Barry has a cameo as the symphony conductor at the movie's end.

The UH-1 helicopter in the movie was captured from Argentina by British forces during the Falklands War.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Sony and Industry Related News