[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony Pictures

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:43 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony Pictures

Sony Pictures

The latest Sony related news and industry news as well.

Moderator: jttar

by SONYESP » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:44 pm

THURSDAY, JANUARY 18

TOMB RAIDER---new trailer released for the reboot movie starring Alicia Vikander.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drUCSTKLoTk

GAME OF THRONES---Carice van Houten hinted via a deleted video that she might be returning as Melisandre for Season 8.

EXTREMELY WICKED, SHOCKINGLY EVIL AND VILE---Zac Efron posted a photo of himself from the biomovie about serial killer Ted Bundy,

ALL-AMERICAN MURDER---movie underway based on the upcoming book co-written by James Patterson, ALL-AMERICAN MURDER: THE RISE AND FALL OF AARON HERNANDEZ, THE SUPERSTAR WHOSE LIFE ENDED ON MURDERER'S ROW, which tells the story about former New England Patriots star Aaron Hernandez who was sent to prison for murder and then committed suicide.

JOHN WICK 3---the sequel stars Keanu Reeves, Laurence Fishburne, Common, Ruby Rose and Hiroyuki Sanada. Chad Stahelski returns as the director.

FIRE AND FURY---tv series underway based on the controversial book about the first year of the Donald Trump presidency.

AMAZON---Amazon cancelled JEAN-CLAUDE VAN JOHNSON, I LOVE DICK and ONE MISSISSIPPI.

GREY'S ANATOMY---Ellen Pompeo signed a record $20 million deal to return for Seasons 15 and 16. The deal averages out to $575,000 per episode.

CHRISTMAS---Jessica Chastain and Octavia Spencer star in this untitled Christmas comedy movie about two women who battle the elements to get home for Christmas.

YOU THINK IT, I'LL SAY IT---Kristen Wiig stars in this Apple series based on the upcoming short story collection.

THE LAST MOVIE STAR---Burt Reynolds, Chevy Chase, Ariel Winter and Kathleen Nolan star in this movie about a former-stuntman-turned-superstar actor who realizes his career is over.

SPONTANEOUS---Charlie Plummer (ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD) is in negotiations to co-star with Katherine Langford in this sci fi movie based on the novel about a high school senior whose classmates spontaneously explode.

SINLESS---tv series based on the novel set in the dystopian future where good people are beautiful and bad people are ugly.

TRIVIA---ROOSTER COGBURN, the sequel to John Wayne's Oscar-winning TRUE GRIT, was written by Martin Julien, which was the pseudonym for actress Martha Hyer, the wife of Hal B. Wallis, who was the producer of the two movies and also CASABLANCA and THE MALTESE FALCON.
Hyer was nominated for an Oscar in SOME CAME RUNNING which starred Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and Shirley MacLaine.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:06 pm

FRIDAY, JANUARY 19

CAPTAIN MARVEL---photo released of Brie Larson researching her role as US Air Force F-15 fighter pilot Carol Danvers at Nellis Air Force Base. Also, a rumor says Captain Marvel might have a cameo in AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR after Larson was seen in Atlanta where the sequel is filming.

BLACK WIDOW---a British tabloid said Scarlett Johansson will receive a record $25 million base pay and a $6 million bonus if the solo movie reaches $900 million in worldwide box office.

TARANTINO---a source gave more details on Leonardo DiCaprio's role in the Quentin Tarantino movie connected to the Charles Manson Murders, “What he plays, more specifically, is an actor who had his own Western show, Bounty Law, that ran on the air from 1958 to 1963. His attempt to transition to movies didn’t work out and in 1969 – the film is set at the height of hippy Hollywood movement – he’s guesting on other people’s shows while contemplating going to Italy which has become a hotbed for low-budget Westerns."

JURASSIC PARK---in the original movie, Laura Dern finds Samuel L. Jackson's severed arm after he was killed by a Velociraptor, but Jackson said his death was supposed to be shown, "I was actually supposed to go to Hawaii, to shoot my death scene, but there was a hurricane that destroyed all the sets, so I didn’t get to go. All you see is the residue of my body, my arm. But, yeah, I was supposed to be on set."

THE WALKING DEAD---Frank Darabont has filed a second lawsuit against AMC after a recent audit showed the network owed him tens of millions of dollars more than originally estimated.
Also, Jon Bernthal commented on possibly returning as Shane for the FEAR THE WALKING DEAD spinoff series, "I loved Shane and while I’m super grateful I got to do that, he was a character that had a beginning, middle and end, and I got a whole rounded opportunity. I feel like we’ve seen all we need to see of Shane. If we got to see him backwards – that would be interesting. But Shane died in that field. Doing the show and being killed off the show are two of the best things that have happened in my career.”

IMPULSE---director Doug Liman commented on IMPULSE, the tv series that is a pseudo-sequel to his 2008 movie JUMPER which starred Hayden Christensen, “I always felt like with JUMPER I had a contrarian idea that I started exploring but I just didn’t get it right, and unlike my other films where I maybe don’t get something right but I go back and reshoot and so I get it right, that film just got released. And so I’ve always had to gnawing at me that I want to do a superhero story and I want to get it right. When I had the option to tackle the JUMPER sequel, IMPULSE, I started looking and I said this is my chance to get it right.” IMPULSE is based on the third novel in the series.

SHAZAM!---Ron Cephas Jones (LUKE CAGE) is in talks to play The Wizard in the Levi Zachary superhero movie.

OLIVER!---Danny Strong (GAME CHANGE) will write the script for the Walt Disney Pictures remake of the musical.

PARTY OF FIVE---Freeform reboot pilot of the Fox tv series is underway. The reboot focuses on Mexican-American siblings who must survive after their parents are deported back to Mexico. Neve Campbell and Matthew Fox starred in the original series.

TRIVIA---In THE ANDROMEDA STRAIN which was based on the Michael Crichton novel, Dr. Mark Hall (James Olson) is told he can't start to operate on a patient because he is needed at Wildfire and another doctor will perform the surgery instead. The other doctor is Crichton who graduated from Harvard Medical School.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:45 pm

MONDAY, JANUARY 22

WORLD WAR I---Peter Jackson, the BBC and the Imperial War Museum introduce a new untitled documentary about World War I using digitally-restored actual footage which focuses on the war from the perspective of the soldiers.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePxpbDmykD4

RAMPAGE---new trailer released for the Dwayne Johnson movie based on the video game.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4YaXOsHREU

DUNDEE: THE SON OF A LEGEND RETURNS HOME---Danny McBride released a trailer for a movie that might be a sequel to the 1986 movie CROCODILE DUNDEE. Some fans speculated the trailer is a fake or could be tied to a Super Bowl promotion.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMgekY9V_oY

AVENGERS 4---photos of Samuel L. Jackson and Cobie Smulders were released as they filmed scenes from an unknown movie in Atlanta. The veteran photographer posted the movie might be AVENGERS 4---or maybe not.

MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE---Gary Oldman, who played Commissioner Gordon in the DC Comics Batman movies, says he wants to appear in a MCU movie, “Marvel hasn’t called me. But now that you mentioned it, if they’re tuning in, my son wants me to!”

SICARIO 3---producer Ed McDonnell said director Denis Villeneuve might return for a second sequel, “He wishes he had been available [for SICARIO 2: SOLDADO]. We even talked about him maybe coming back for the third one, should there be one. He said, ‘If I were available, I’d be directing this movie tomorrow.’ But we always knew he was going to be in the middle of BLADE RUNNER when the script started to come together.”

CLOVERFIELD STATION---Ray Xu, a lighting artist at Movie pictures Company, listed a credit as "Cloverfield Station" on Linkedin which led to speculation that CLOVERFIELD STATION is the new title for GOD PARTICLE, the third movie in the CLOVERFIELD franchise.

A RAINY DAY IN NEW YORK---Amazon may cancel the Woody Allen movie after his daughter Dylan Farrow's interview in which she commented about the allegations that he molested her when she was a child, "As a seven year-old, I would say he touched my private parts, which I did say. As a 32 year-old, he touched my labia and my vulva with his finger."

THE HUNGER GAMES---director Francis Lawrence said he would return to direct aother movie in the franchise under one condition, “Look, I love everybody involved – Suzanne Collins, Jen, Nina, the people at Lionsgate, everybody was a really great family and [it was] a really great experience. I feel like I’m done but if Suzanne were to come up with something that she loved that was part of the world and made sense, I would read it and listen and be interested to see what it’s all about, absolutely."
Lawrence also commented on how he would direct I AM LEGEND now compared to 2007, “Looking back at it now, I think that we could have just done basically the story of the [Richard Matheson] novella straight up and made the same amount of money in terms of ticket sales because people went I think for the last man on earth. They would have accepted the nihilistic ending, they would have accepted vampires instead of people with infections. We could have literally made the book, which I would have been much happier with, but you know when you’re spending that much money you’re panicking that you’re making this weird little kind of art film about a guy alone with a dog in New York and you’re trying to you know sort of create that spectacle.”

HELLBOY---Selma Blair, who co-starred in the original movies, commented on the reboot movie starring David Harbour, “God, you know, people are fans of HELLBOY and also fans of Guillermo. So part of us, the ones that were so loyal to Guillermo, our hearts are broken that it didn’t work out with the greatest third installment ever written that I wish I could play more than anything in the world. But I truly hope that Mike Mignola has his vision out there for the darker Hellboy come to light, and I’m sure he will, and David Harbour is excellent and everyone involved, but no my heart is broken.”

THE CHRYSALIS---movie underway based on the novel about a young New York couple who buy a house in the suburbs and discover something horrific is growing in the basement.

MARVEL'S INHUMANS---the ABC series was removed from the official press site but is still on the ABC website which led to speculation the series has been cancelled.

THE CROWN---Paul Bettany is in talks to play the older Prince Phillip.

TRIVIA---in the sci fi movie THE FINAL COUNTDOWN, the time warp that transported the aircraft carrier Nimitz back to before the attack on Pearl Harbor was designed by Maurice Binder. Binder is best known for designing the opening credits in the classic James Bond movies.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:40 pm

TUESDAY, JANUARY 23

INDIANA JONES 5---Steven Spielberg's next two projects are reportedly the fifth Indiana Jones movie with a script by David Koepp and a remake of the 1961 movie musical WEST SIDE STORY with a script by Tony Kushner.

CLUE---Ryan Reynolds is the star/producer of the remake of the 1985 comedy movie based on the board game. Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick (DEADPOOL) will write the script. The original movie starred Tim Curry, Christopher Lloyd, Eileen Brennan, Madeline Kahn, Michael McKean, Martin Mull and Lesley Ann Warren.

ROBOCOP---Ed Neumeier, who co-wrote the original 1987 movie, said a sequel to the original movie is underway which will ignore the other movies, “There’s been a bunch of other RoboCop movies and there was recently a remake and I would say this would be kind of going back to the old RoboCop we all love and starting there and going forward. So it’s a continuation really of the first movie. In my mind. So it’s a little bit more of the old school thing.”

THE INCREDIBLES 2---voice cast for the sequel includes Craig T. Nelson, Bob Odenkirk, Holly Hunter, Samuel L. Jackson, Isabella Rossellini, Catherine Keener, Jonathan Banks, Sophia Bush and Brad Bird.

DUKE NUKEM---John Cena is in talks to star in the movie based on the video game.

STRANGER THINGS---producer Shawn Levy said Season 3 will have a new villain when he commented on if the kids in Season 3 will suffer the consequences of battling the Mind-Flyer in Season 2, “You might assume that but you would probably end up being wrong. We’re dealing with forces of evil that are new.”
He added, “We’re going to give Will a break. We’re not going to put Will through hell for a third season in a row. He’ll be dealing with stuff, but he won’t be at rock bottom the way we forced the amazing Noah Schnapp to play.”

THE MIGHTY DUCKS---tv series underway based on the 1992 Walt Disney Pictures comedy sports movie that starred Emilio Estevez.

UNBELIEVABLE---Netflix miniseries underway about a teenage girl who claimed she was raped and two female detectives who investigate her claim.

WHAT WE DO IN THE SHADOWS---FX tv pilot underway based on the vampire mockumentary. The writers are Jemaine Clement (FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS) and Taika Waititi (THOR: RAGNAROK).

THE HANGOVER 4---Ed Helms commented on the chances of a fourth movie in the franchise, “I’d say the chances of a fourth movie are between zero and zero.”

TRIVIA---the classic Bruce Willis action movie was originally a sequel to the 1968 movie THE DETECTIVE (Frank Sinatra, Jacqueline Bisset) which was based on the novel THE DETECTIVE by Roderick Thorpe. Thorpe's sequel novel, NOTHING LASTS FOREVER, was the basis for DIE HARD. As the sequel evolved, the original character, NYPD detective Joe Leland (Sinatra) was changed to NYPD detective John McClane (Willis), and the location was changed from New York to Los Angeles.
Actors who turned down the John McClane role included Sylvester Stallone, Harrison Ford, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Clint Eastwood, Burt Reynolds, Richard Gere and Don Johnson.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:33 pm

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 24

PACIFIC RIM: UPRISING---new trailer released for the sequel.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BAhwgjMvnM&t=41s

CAPTAIN MARVEL---Brie Larson posted a photo of her in a flight suit at Nellis Air Force Base as she prepares for her role as F-15 jet fighter pilot Carol Danvers.

STAR WARS---director Reed Morano (THE HANDMAID'S TALE) commented on the rumor that she might direct a STAR WARS movie after she met with Lucasfilm head Kathleen Kennedy, "She's amazing. We're talking about adventure movies, and I'm not even remembering that she produced GOONIES. Any movie that I put my finger on that I loved when I was growing up was a movie that she produced. Anyway, it was a great meeting. Obviously, I can't say anything about what else we were talking about."
Also, Peter Dinklage said about a future STAR WARS movie, “I just want a part!”

JUMANJI: WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE---Sony Pictures has not officially approved the sequel, but when it is approved, Sony wants to release it in December, 2019 to compete directly against STAR WARS: EPISODE IX.

THE WALKING DEAD---the Season 8 midseason premiere which will bid farewell to Carl Grimes will be 82 minutes long instead of the normal 60 minutes.

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE 6---director Christopher McQuarrie posted a photo of Rebecca Ferguson from the sequel.

THE INVISIBLE MAN---writer Ed Solomon (MEN IN BLACK) has left the Universal Pictures Dark Universe reboot movie which will star Johnny Depp, “At the end of the day, I think Universal and I had a different idea of what the movie was gonna be. We began thinking that our notions would meld, and I should’ve listened more closely to what they really were wanting…I think Universal has had to come to a kind of reckoning of, ‘What are we doing with the Dark Universe?’ and, ‘What is our real intention with it?’, and I think they’re reconfiguring it now, which I think is probably good…So I’m not working on it.”

THE NEW MUTANTS---director Josh Boone commented on the X-Men spinoff movie, “This movie is probably the hardest PG-13 ever made. I mean, we’ve pushed it. The horror is pretty dark, but there’s also an emotional core, too. If I can scare you and make you cry: that’s the goal.”

THE JOKER---a fan petition aimed at DC Entertainment's Geoff Johns wants DC to return to canon and make The Joker gay again, "The Joker has many feminine traits - he uses lipstick, paints his nails, wears high heels and sometimes does crossdressing. We realize that some of these things is stereotypical, but it gives a very clear picture. Over the years, there were plenty of other queer moments in comics, cartoons and video games (especially in Batman: Arkham series)."
The petition continues, "However, in the late nineties someone decided to erase Joker's homosexuality and introduced Harley Quinn as his girlfriend. In the mass consciousness Harley became his only love interest, although in canonical comics there is no evidence that there are romantic or sexual feelings from the Joker's part. His enforced relationship with Harley Quinn looks like an attempt to retconned his homosexuality and turn him in acceptable straight man."

MANIFEST---NBC pilot underway about a jetliner that mysteriously disappears and reappears years later, but no time has elapsed for its passengers. Robert Zemeckis is the co-producer.

EXTREMELY WICKED, SHOCKINGLY EVIL AND VILE---Angela Sarafyan (WESTWORLD) has joined the cast of the serial killer Ted Bundy biomovie.

TRIVIA---director Richard Donner is known for the LETHAL WEAPON franchise, SUPERMAN and THE OMEN, but early in his career he directed six episodes of THE TWILIGHT ZONE including the classic NIGHTMARE AT 20,000 FEET starring William Shatner. The episode was written by famed sci fi writer Richard Matheson and co-starred Christine White, a University of North Carolina graduate who was the girlfriend of James Dean.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:06 pm

THURSDAY, JANUARY 25

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE---Tom Cruise announced the sequel's official title is MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE--FALLOUT and released a photo from the sequel.

MURPHY BROWN---Candice Bergen is returning for the CBS sequel to the news sitcom that ran on CBS from 1988-1998.

THE LITTLE DRUMMER GIRL---Michael Shannon will play Israeli spymaster Kurtz in the AMC/BBC miniseries based on the John le Carre novel. Florence Pugh and Alexander Skarsgard also star. Park Chan-wook is the director.

THE MEG---new photo shows Jason Statham in the movie based on the novel about a giant prehistoric shark, the Megalodon.

CATHERINE THE GREAT---Helen Mirren will star in the HBO miniseries about the 18th century Russian ruler and her love affair with Grigory Potemkin.

TERMINAL---Margot Robbie stars in this movie about five people whose lives interconnect: two assassins, a terminally-ill teacher, a janitor and a waitress.

THE CAT IN THE HAT---Warner Bros. animated movie underway based on the Dr. Seuss children's book.

BILLIONS---John Malkovich will guest star as Russian billionaire Grigor Andolov in Season 3.

CURFEW---Sean Bean stars in this Sky miniseries about a group of car racers in armed cars who race across England to escape a totalitarian government.

KRYPTON---Hannah Waddingham (GAME OF THRONES) will play villain Jax-Ur.

MADDADDAM---tv series underway based on the novel trilogy by Margaret Atwood (THE HANDMAID'S TALE).

BIG LITTLE LIES---Meryl Streep has joined the cast for Season 2 and will play the mother of Perry Wright (Alexander Skarsgard).

ADRIFT---Shailene Woodley and Sam Claflin star in this movie based on the book RED SKY IN MOURNING: A TRUE STORY OF LOVE, LOSS AND SURVIVAL AT SEA which is about two lovers who attempt to sail across the ocean but are caught in one of the deadliest hurricanes in history.

REVENGE WEDDING---comedy movie underway about a woman who discovers her wealthy fiance is cheating on her, so she plots to use her wedding as the ultimate revenge. Cheryl Hines (CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM) is the director.

THE CURE---Ellen Page stars in this zombie movie about a woman who takes in her brother-in-law who is supposedly cured after a zombie plague.

CROCODILE DUNDEE---the Danny McBride supposed sequel movie is really a Tourism Australia promotion for the Super Bowl.

TRIVIA---in CAPRICORN ONE, a NASA administrator tells three astronauts (James Brolin, OJ Simpson and Sam Waterston) that their first manned mission to Mars is a hoax, and if they don't cooperate, their families will be killed. OJ says, "These people, they're capable of anything! And we've got our families out there!"

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:04 pm

FRIDAY, JANUARY 26

ANNIHILATION---featurette released for the sci fi movie starring Natalie Portman.

Featurette link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbfnCflL4-E

THE GREATEST VILLAINS OF ALL TIME---EMPIRE MAGAZINE released its readers poll of the top 20 movie villains.

1. Darth Vader
2. The Joker (Heath Ledger)
3. Loki
4. Hans Gruber
5. Hannibal Lecter
6. Hans Landa
7. Kylo Ren
8. Anton Chigurh
9. Voldemart
10.Alien
11.Gollum
12.Sauron
13.Nurse Ratched
14.Sheriff of Nottingham (Alan Rickman)
15.Palpatine
16.Norman Bates
17.Agent Smith
18.Freddy Kreuger
19.T-1000
20.Michael Myers

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI---porn star Stormy Daniels posted her review of THE LAST JEDI which included the comment, "F*** you Rian Johnson". Johnson posted his reply which was a smiley face emoji with starry eyes. Mark Hamill posted his reply to Johnson's, “Another satisfied customer.”
The WALL STREET JOURNAL claims that Donald Trump paid Daniels $130,000 to keep their affair quiet.

STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS---Helen Mirren commented on the killing of Stormtroopers in THE FORCE AWAKENS, “I saw [THE FORCE AWAKENS] and I thought they made a terrible mistake because they took the Stormtrooper’s hat off. There was this lovely young actor [John Boyega] — which means one of the Stormtroopers is a human being. And if he’s a human, they’re all human. And you have been indiscriminately killing Stormtroopers for the last [six] STAR WARS movies without any consideration to their humanity!”

CAPTAIN MARVEL---photo released of Brie Larson on the film set of probably AVENGERS 4 in Atlanta.

LIZZIE---Chloe Sevigny and Kristin Stewart star in this biomovie about axe-murderer Lizzie Borden.

TRON 3---Garrett Hedlund said Walt Disney Pictures cancelled the second sequel because of its failure with George Clooney's TOMORROWLAND, “When the next TRON was supposed to start – we were greenlit and ready to go – and then [Disney] had troubles with how TOMORROWLAND did. And I think they asked them to give them like a hundred reasons why they should do [TRON 3]."

THE SEVEN FIVE---Sony Pictures movie underway based on the documentary about the NYPD's corrupt 75th Precinct in the 1980s. Craig Gillespie (I, TONYA) is the director.

THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO---ABC reboot pilot of the superhero series is underway which is about a partying Indian-American woman in Cleveland who is given a suit with super powers by aliens. The original series starring William Katt, Connie Selleca and Robert Culp ran on ABC from 1980-1983.

CHARMED---CW reboot pilot underway of the WB witch series that ran from 1998-2006.

GOTHAM---David W. Thompson will play the Scarecrow.

MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL---Joanne Whalley will play Matt Murdock's mother.

USA NETWORK---the network cancelled DAMNATION and AMERICAN RUST.

TRIVIA---in PREDATOR, Kevin Peter Hall (7'-2") played the deadly alien hunter. At the end of the movie, Hall also played the pilot of the helicopter that rescued Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Jean-Claude Van Damme was originally going to play the Predator, but quit because he wasn't going to be seen inside the Predator costume. The original costume was rejected as being too silly-looking, so Schwarzenegger recommended creature-designer Stan Winston who worked with Schwarzenegger on James Cameron's THE TERMINATOR. While on an airliner, Winston showed his Predator sketches to Cameron. It was Cameron who suggested that Winston add the unique mandibles to the Predator.
Schwarzenegger's former commanding officer, Major General Phillips, was played by veteran character actor RG Armstrong, who was a former classmate of Andy Griffith's at the University of North Carolina.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:56 pm

MONDAY, JANUARY 29

LOOKING GLASS---trailer released for the Nicolas Cage thriller movie.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6WO-n2ZXdY

CHARLES IN CHARGE---Scott Baio posted a video denying allegations by his former co-star Nicole Eggert that he "fingered" her "in his garage at his house" when she was fourteen years old.

Youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IXzF2kYzbI

MAGNUM, PI---CBS ordered the reboot pilot for the Tom Selleck private eye series which will be set in the present with Higgins being a female former MI6 agent. The original series ran from 1980-1988.
CBS also ordered the reboot pilot of CAGNEY AND LACEY which ran from 1981-1988 and starred Tyne Daley and Sharon Gless.

GAME OF THRONES---TVLine said it has confirmed the rumor that a series that returns in 2019 and is “a wildly popular, Emmy-winning series on a premium cable network is plotting a pregnancy twist that promises to be… surprising is an understatement.” This appears to be GAME OF THRONES, and speculation is that the pregnancy involves Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen.
Maisie Williams recently said Season 8 premieres in April, 2019, “We wrap in December and we air our first episode in April [2019]."

DOCTOR SLEEP---Mike Flanagan (GERALD'S GAME) will direct the sequel to THE SHINING which is based on Stephen King's sequel novel.

OVERLORD---speculation is that this JJ Abrams movie about US paratroopers landing in Normandy on D-Day and discover the Nazis are using supernatural forces to stop the invasion is the fourth movie in the Cloverfield franchise.

EXTREMELY WICKED, SHOCKINGLY EVIL AND VILE---Kaya Scodelario (PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES) will play Carole Ann Boone, the ex-wife of Ted Bundy in this biomovie about the infamous serial killer.

MAN OF STEEL 2---director Steven S. DeKnight (DAREDEVIL, SMALLVILLE) posted his reply to if he would like to direct the sequel, "Up, up and away!"

SPIDER IN THE WEB---Ben Kingsley and Monica Bellucci star in this movie about an ageing spy who is being targeted by a younger spy.

CHARMED---Holly Marie Combs tweeted her opinion of the CW reboot of the witch series she co-starred in, "Here’s the thing. Until you ask us to rewrite it like Brad Kern did weekly don’t even think of capitalizing on our hard work. Charmed belongs to the 4 of us, our vast amount of writers, crews and predominantly the fans. FYI you will not fool them by owning a title/stamp. So bye."

ELI---Max Martini (SAVING PRIVATE RYAN) stars in this horror movie about a young boy who is being treated for a rare disease at a clinic that is haunted.

ARETHA FRANKLIN---Jennifer Hudson will star in the untitled biomovie.

TRIVIA---in Alfred Hitchcock's THE MAN WHO KNEW TOO MUCH, Reggie Nalder played the assassin Rien who was foiled by Doris Day and killed struggling with Jimmy Stewart.
Nalder was an Austrian actor whose gaunt looks (caused by mysterious facial burns) gave him a long career as a nefarious villain.

Frank Sinatra chose Nalder to play a Soviet spymaster in THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE.

Nalder played Shras, the Andorian ambassador, in the STAR TREK episode "Journey to Babel".

Nalder was the bloodthirsty vampire Kurt Barlow in SALEM'S LOT.

Other actors from THE MAN WHO KNEW TOO MUCH included:

Daniel Gelin, who played spy Louis Bernard, is the father of controversial actress Maria Schneider (LAST TANGO IN PARIS).

Christopher Olsen, who played Hank, the son of Jimmy Stewart and Doris Day, is the brother of Susan Olsen (THE BRADY BUNCH).

Richard Wordsworth played taxidermist Ambrose Chappell, Jr., and also played Victor Carroon, the infected astronaut in THE CREEPING UNKNOWN (THE QUATERMASS XPERIMENT).

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:30 pm

TUESDAY, JANUARY 30

ANT-MAN AND THE WASP---trailer released for the sequel.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_rTIAOohas

MUTE---trailer released for the Netflix movie starring Alexander Skarsgard and Paul Rudd.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1766UF6TXa4

HALLOWEEN (2018)---Jamie Lee Curtis released a photo of herself on the sequel set.
Also, a photo was released showing Michael Myers, in front of the tree, on the set.

JUNGLE CRUISE---Emily Blunt will co-star with Dwayne Johnson in the Walt Disney Pictures movie franchise based on the Disney theme park.

YOU ARE MY FRIEND---Tom Hanks will star in the biomovie about Fred Rogers, the children's tv star known as Mr. Rogers.

THE KINGKILLER CHRONICLES---Sam Raimi is in negotiations to direct the Lionsgate movie based on the fantasy novel trilogy.

SGT. FURY AND HIS HOWLING COMMANDOS---Stephen Lang (AVATAR) said he wants to join the Marvel Cinematic Universe, "My favorite comic book of all the Marvel series, was always SGT. FURY AND HIS HOWLING COMMANDOS. I friggin’ loved Sergeant Fury’s Howling Commandos and to me it was always like, I want to be Nick Fury."
Lang confirmed the DON'T BREATHE sequel is underway, “Oh yeah, we’re doing a sequel.”

UNSAFE HOUSE---comedy movie underway about three friends who rent a Bahamas beach house and discover it's really a MI6 safe house occupied by a CIA operative who is being targeted by assassins. Patrick Hughes (THE HITMAN'S BODYGUARD) is the director.

GAME OF THRONES---Maisie Williams said her comment that Season 8 would premiere in April, 2019 is wrong, "'Just a tweet letting you know this game of thrones release date "quote" I've supposedly given is completely false and taken from an interview I did years ago."'

IN SEARCH OF---Zachary Quinto will host the HISTORY reboot of the paranormal/UFO tv series that was hosted by Leonard Nimoy from 1977-1982.

ANASTASIA---Brandon Routh (SUPERMAN RETURNS) will play Czar Nicholas II in this movie about Anastasia Romanov who escapes from the Lenin revolution through a time portal to 1988.

BIRTHRIGHT---Universal Pictures movie underway based on the comic book.

JOURNAL FOR JORDAN---Denzel Washington is expected to direct this movie about journalist Dana Canedy and her romance with Sergeant Charles Monroe King, who wrote a journal for their son Jordan, before he was killed in action.

BAD BOYS---Ernie Hudson (GHOSTBUSTERS) will play the father of Gabrielle Union's character in the NBC spinoff pilot.

THE CHEMIST---tv series underway based on the spy novel.

HAPPY!---Syfy renewed the series for Season 2.

FULLER HOUSE---Netflix renewed the series for Season 4.

TRIVIA---in KING KONG, the biplane pilot and gunner who shot Kong off the Empire State Building were played by the movie's directors/producers, Merian C. Cooper and Ernest B. Schoedsack. Cooper said about their cameos, "We should kill the son-of-a-bitch ourselves."
Cooper was a US Army Air Service pilot in World War I and was a POW after his DH4 biplane was shot down. Schoedsack was a cameraman in the Signal Corps and flew a number of combat missions in World War I.
Also, when star Fay Wray was dying in a hospital emergency room on August 8, 2004, a member of the ER staff noticed KING KONG was playing on the ER tv.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:45 pm

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 31

TOM CLANCY'S JACK RYAN---Super Bowl commercial released for the Amazon series.

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V69XYIRjKww

THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST---Jim Caviezel is in talks to reunite with Mel Gibson for the sequel, “There are things that I cannot say that will shock the audience. It’s great. Stay tuned. I won’t tell you how he’s going to go about it. But I’ll tell you this much, the film he’s going to do is going to be the biggest film in history. It’s that good.” Randall Wallace is returning to write the script.

THE MULE---Clint Eastwood is in talks to star and direct this biomovie about 90 year-old Leo Sharp, a World War II hero and famed horticulturist, who was sent to prison for smuggling drugs for the Sinaloa Cartel in the 1980s.

HOUSE OF CARDS---Diane Lane and Greg Kinnear will co-star with Robin Wright for Season 6 which will be the last season.

DETECTIVE PIKACHU---Bill Nighy (PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MAN'S CHEST) will co-star with Ryan Reynolds in the Pokemon movie.

METROPOLIS---new DC digital network prequel series underway about Lois Lane and Lex Luthor before Superman's arrival in Metropolis.

BAD BOYS FOR LIFE---co-directors Adil El Abi and Bilall Fallah (BLACK) are in negotiations to direct the Sony Pictures sequel starring Will Smith and Martin Lawrence.

WATCHMEN---HBO pilot will be directed by Nicole Kassell (WESTWORLD).

SHUT EYE---Hulu cancelled the series.

ROSWELL---CW reboot pilot involves the daughter of illegal immigrants returning to Roswell where her old boyfriend is a policeman and an alien from another planet. They team up to deal with a government coverup of many aliens on Earth and the prejudice and fear they face from mankind.

SHOWTIME---renewed THE CHI for Season 2 and cancelled DICE.

SUITS---USA Network renewed the series for Season 8.

TRIVIA---Nikki van der Zyl is a voice actress who dubbed the voices of many actresses including Bond Girls from the classic James Bond movies.

Ursula Andress (DR. NO, THE BLUE MAX, SHE)

Eunice Grayson (FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE)

Shirley Eaton (GOLDINGER)

Najda Regin (GOLDFINGER)

Claudine Auger (THUNDERBALL)

Mie Hama (YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE)

Denise Perrier (DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER)

Jane Seymour--partial dub (LIVE AND LET DIE)

Corinne Clery (MOONRAKER)

Leila Shenna (MOONRAKER)

Raquel Welch (ONE MILLION YEARS B.C.)

Sue Lloyd (THE IPCRESS FILE)

Eva Renzi (FUNERAL IN BERLIN)

Monica Vitti (MODESTY BLAISE)

Susan Denberg (FRANKENSTEIN CREATED WOMAN)

Suzy Kendall (FRAULEIN DOKTOR)

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Sony and Industry Related News