[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony Pictures

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:55 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony Pictures

Sony Pictures

The latest Sony related news and industry news as well.

Moderator: jttar

by SONYESP » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:21 pm

THURSDAY, JANUARY 4

GOD PARTICLE---the third movie in the Cloverfield series is set on the International Space Station where astronauts conduct a particle accelerator experiment which goes awry and causes Earth to vanish. Daniel Bruhl (CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR, INGLORIOUS BASTERDS), Elizabeth Debicki (GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2, THE NIGHT MANAGER) and Zhang Ziyi (CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON) star.

WONDER WOMAN---director Patty Jenkins commented on the sequel, “We’re actually making a totally different film with a lot of the same, similar like things that we love, but it’s its own movie completely, so it’s not ‘two’ to us. It’s an entirely new adventure together that we couldn’t be luckier [to do].” Jenkins said she hopes Lynda Carter, the original tv Wonder Woman, will have a cameo in the sequel.

ROBIN HOOD---photo released shows Ben Mendelsohn (ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY) as the Sheriff of Nottingham. Taron Egerton and Jamie Foxx also star.

THE X-FILES---Season 11's premiere drew only 5.2 million viewers compared to Season 10's premiere of 16.2 million.
Chris Carter spike about the future of the series after Gillian Anderson said Season 11 will be her last, “...For me, THE X-FILES is Mulder and Scully. I think if it were without Scully, I wouldn’t do it. That’s not my X-FILES.”
He added, “I certainly think there could be more X-FILES, and I certainly think there could be another X-FILES movie. Right now, 20th Century Fox has just been sold to Disney, so I think there are way too many question marks and no answers being provided to me about the future of the show.”

JAMES BOND---producer Barbara Broccoli commented on if the next James Bond might be a woman or black, "These films tend to reflect the times so we always try to push the envelope a little bit. Anything is possible. Right now it’s Daniel Craig, and I’m very happy with Daniel Craig, but who knows what the future will bring?”

TRUE DETECTIVE---Stephen Dorff will play Arkansas State Investigator Roland West in Season 3.

PATRIOT---Debra Winger (TERMS OF ENDEARMENT, AN OFFICER AND A GENTLEMAN) has joined the cast and will play Bernice Tavner, a high-ranking government official who is John Tavner's mother.

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE---to address the the disappointing JUSTICE LEAGUE, Warner Bros. hired producer Walter Hamada (IT, THE CONJURING) as president of production for DC movies. He replaces Geoff Johns and Jon Berg.

TRIVIA---Frances Bavier won an Emmy for playing the loving Aunt Bee on THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW which was set in the mythical town of Mayberry, North Carolina. But in reality, Bavier had an acrimonious relationship with the rest of the cast. After the show ended, Bavier moved to Siler City, North Carolina to experience the small town atmosphere that embodied Mayberry. However, Bavier became a recluse who lived with 14 cats in squalid conditions. In 1986, Griffith and Ron Howard paid a surprise visit to Bavier's home where she did not let them in and spoke briefly to them from behind a closed door. Shortly before her death in 1989, Bavier called Griffith and apologized for being "difficult" during the series.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:53 pm

FRIDAY, JANUARY 5

WINCHESTER---trailer released for the Helen Mirren movie about the haunted mansion built by Winchester rifle heiress Sarah Winchester.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Juc2cL26mg

THE MERLIN SAGA---Ridley Scott is in talks to direct the Walt Disney Pictures movie based on the TA Barron book series. Philippa Boyens (THE LORD OF THE RINGS) is the writer.

GAME OF THRONES---HBO confirmed Season 8, the last season, will premiere in 2019.

NIGHTFLYERS---Syfy ordered the tv series based on the George RR Martin novella and the 1987 movie. The plot involves, "eight maverick scientists and a powerful telepath, who embark on an expedition to the edge of our solar system in the hopes of contacting alien life. They travel aboard The Nightflyer: a ship with a small tightknit crew and a reclusive captain. However, when terrifying and violent events begin to take place, they start to question each other, and surviving the journey proves harder than anyone thought." Gretchen Mol (BOARDWALK EMPIRE) will star. The 1987 movie starred Catherine Mary Stewart.

THE X-FILES---Chris Carter responded to fan outrage after the Season 11 premiere revealed Fox Mulder is not the father of Scully's baby and that the Cigarette Smoking Man impregnated her with alien DNA in the Season 7 episode "En Ami" in 2000, "It adds to the characters in an interesting emotional way. And because the audience is now in on this truth, and Mulder and Scully are not, these revelations are huge for this show because they’re huge for the characters. Mulder and Scully’s life history, both professional and personal, are the heart of the show."

THE GIFTED---Fox renewed the series for Season 2.

THE MAYOR---ABC cancelled the series.

ANIMANIACS---Hulu ordered two new seasons of the animated series beginning in 2020.

TRIVIA---Frank Sinatra signed to star in DIRTY HARRY, but he withdrew after a broken wrist sustained in the fight scene in THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE would have prevented from properly firing Dirty Harry's .44 Magnum. When Sinatra left, so did director Irvin Kershner (THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK). Actors who turned the role down included Steve McQueen, John Wayne, Paul Newman, George C. Scott, Burt Lancaster and Robert Mitchum.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:28 pm

MONDAY, JANUARY 8

RED SPARROW---trailer released for the spy movie starring Jennifer Lawrence.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmUL6wMpMWw

SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY---Woody Harrelson's character is named Tobias Beckett and is Han Solo's mentor. Emilia Clarke's character is named Qi'Ra.

OBI-WAN KENOBI---Ewan McGregor commented on if he's returning as Obi-Wan Kenobi after seeing THE LAST JEDI, “There’s a lot of talk. But it’s just that. I’d be happy to play him again. There is no plan. I love the new one. I saw it over Christmas, it was really, really beautiful.”

BLADE RUNNER---even though BLADE RUNNER 2049 was a box office disappointment, Ridley Scott has an idea for another sequel, “...I think there is another story. I’ve got another one ready to evolve and be developed, so there is certainly one to be done for sure.”

BLOODSHOT---Vin Diesel is in talks to star in the Sony Pictures superhero movie based on the comic book.

THE BATMAN---Matt Reeves commented on the movie's status, “I am outlining. I have the story worked out, and I am outlining.”

STAR TREK: DISCOVERY---co-showrunner Aaron Harberts commented on Season 2, “We are very interested in tackling themes of faith next year, science vs. faith. We’re interested in different points of view on that and we’re still hashing out what we want to tell. The second season is not a war season. We’re in this interesting pocket of time, ten years, now nine years before TOS. There are a lot of things in terms of TOS canon that we want to do some nods to and we’re still figuring it out. This next season is going to be jam-packed with stuff that we wanted to do [the first season].”

THE ORVILLE---Season 2 is expected to return in 2019.

MAYANS MC---FX picked up the SONS OF ANARCHY spinoff series.

SPAWN---Todd McFarlane commented on the reboot movie, "It will be dark and heavy, serious, R-rated. It won’t be a superhero movie...It will be a supernatural thriller, like a lot of good creep movies. I like to explain that it’s my JAWS. Spawn doesn’t say a word the entire movie, and it’s the same way with JAWS. It’s about the sheriff and the people, chasing the ghost..."
He added, "The lead role isn’t Spawn, the lead role is a cop, like Sheriff Brody from JAWS. I think we can hook a fairly significant actor that we want. Unlike a superhero movie, we wouldn’t need an actor to put on prosthetic (makeup) or go to the gym. We just need him to act.”

BATGIRL---Lindsay Lohan wants to revive her career by tweeting that she wants her fans to lobby Joss Whedon so she can get the starring role in the Warner Bros. movie, "RT if I should star in the new BATGIRL movie and everyone tell @joss"

YOUNG SHELDON---CBS renewed the series for Season 2.

AMERICAN GODS---Gillian Anderson announced she's not returning for Season 2 after showrunners Bryan Fuller and Michael Green departed.

GODZILLA: MONSTER PLANET---the Netflix anime series premieres on January 17.

STRANGE ANGEL---Jack Reynor stars in this CBS All Access series about rocket engineer Jack Parsons who helped found the Jet Propulsion Laboratory and Aerojet Engineering Corporation and was involved in the controversial Thelema religious movement.

SABRINA---Kiernan Shipka (MAD MEN) will star in the Netflix series based on the Sabrina the Teenage Witch.

THE GONG SHOW---ABC renewed the series for Season 2 with Mike Myers returning.

TRIVIA---before John Ratzenberger played Cliff Clavin, the blowhard mailman, and Frances Sternhagen played his mother on CHEERS, they appeared in the Sean Connery sci fi movie OUTLAND.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:01 pm

TUESDAY, JANUARY 9

BAD TIMES AT THE EL ROYALE---Russell Crowe and Dakota Johnson will co-star with Chris Hemsworth and Jeff Bridges in the 1960s noir thriller set in a Lake Tahoe hotel. Drew Goddard (CABIN IN THE WOODS) is the writer/director.

SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY---a source said Ron Howard will direct additional reshoots at the end of January through early February. Reportedly, Howard had to reshoot 80% of the movie.

ALIEN---Ridley Scott commented on if Walt Disney Pictures should continue the ALIEN franchise after buying 20th Century Fox, “I think they should because I think, when people have a hard and fast franchise which has ongoing interest, it’s crazy not to do something with it.”
He added, “I think it’s great. I think it’s very good for Disney. Of all the studios they’re far ahead of their game for having a prepared, thought through demographic for the kind of films they’re making – for who they’re making them for. That’s why they’re so successful. And they draw the line at anything that crosses PG-13… [If] they find that they’re so successful with that that they want to cross the line and do something a little darker, and if they do that, do they want to do that under Disney or do they want to do that under the Fox banner? I think there’s a business plan afoot definitely.”

THE BATMAN---Gary Oldman commented on who should play Batman if Ben Affleck doesn't return, “I would like to see someone like Joaquin Phoenix play it. This is no disrespect to Ben Affleck. I think it really depends on who is at the wheel that lifts it.”

SHAZAM!---Zachary Levi wants Gal Gadot for a Wonder Woman cameo in SHAZAM!, “I think getting a cameo from anybody would be super cool, but I just think Gal Gadot is so effervescent. She has such a charm. And she seems like a really cool broad. Like, she was in the Israeli army. She’s a mom. And I’m like, ‘You seem like you’re grounded and cool, and you’re Wonder Woman, and you rock,’ and I think it would be really funny to have the 14-year-old Billy Batson inside of Shazam that’s really awkward around this beautiful Amazonian. I just think that would be really awesome.”

SUICIDE SQUAD---David Ayer commented on the negative criticism SUICIDE SQUAD received, “It was s–t. Yeah, it was s–t reviews. I got my throat cut. It was a super polarizing movie. Incredibly polarizing. It’s like going to the boxing ring and getting knocked out is how it felt. And I had to go into the ring again. And directing is a confidence game, because you’re selling everyone on something that only exists in your head. The actors have to feel that confidence to trust that you know what you’re doing, and so does your crew. As a director, you set the tone. Really, it’s coming off that movie, I understood the pitfalls, I understood the dangers, I knew where the alligators hide, you know? And so I made damn sure I didn’t repeat any mistakes.”

MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.---ABC head Channing Dungey commented on if the series will renewed for Season 6, "I would say I’m cautiously optimistic. It’s always hard at this point in January to know because some of it is also dependent on your new development and how you feel about those things, so that’s why it’s really hard at the top of the year to know exactly what’s going to happen."

THE OFFICE---Jenna Fischer commented on if she's been contacted about returning for the ABC revival series, "I don’t know anything about THE OFFICE revival. I know as much as everyone else. But no. I think that’s for networks to figure out if I were to be asked. But I haven’t been approached about it.”

MARILYN 1962---ten-part miniseries underway based on the novel about Marilyn Monroe's last year of life as seen from the perspective of 12 members of her entourage including her publicist and her controversial doctor. Marianne Maddalena (SCREAM) is the producer.

TRIVIA---in the Vietnam War movie FLIGHT OF THE INTRUDER, director John Milius chose his friend Ed O'Neill (MARRIED...WITH CHILDREN) to play the JAG prosecutor in the dramatic court martial scene. When the test audience saw O'Neill appear, they howled with laughter because they saw henpecked loser Al Bundy instead of the JAG prosecutor. The role was then recast with Fred Dalton Thompson who played the head district attorney in LAW & ORDER.
A Paramount Pictures source said, "He's so recognized with the comedy series that marketing research screenings played weirdly. When he came on screen the audiences laughed at him, even though he was playing a serious role as a Navy captain presiding over a court-martial hearing. They had to recast the role after the film was shot."
O'Neill said, "People had no idea I was in it. As soon as they see me, it's Al Bundy in the Army. They crack up. The setup was insane."

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:49 pm

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 10

TRUST---trailer released for the FX /Danny Boyle series about the kidnapping of billionaire J. Paul Getty's grandson. Donald Sutherland, Hillary Swank and Brendan Fraser star.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ekEfYNQJ1s

ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD---Ridley Scott said the actors involved in the reshoots with Christopher Plummer after the Kevin Spacey sex scandal returned for free, "Because of all of them, everyone did it for nothing… I wouldn’t get paid, I refused to get paid. [The actors] all came in free." However, sources claim Mark Wahlberg was paid $1.5 million and Michelle Williams was paid less than $1,000 which is less than 1% of what Wahlberg was paid. Both actors are represented by the same agency, William Morris Endeavor.

ENOLA HOLMES---Millie Bobby Brown (STRANGER THINGS) will star in the movie franchise based on the mystery novels about Enola Holmes, the younger sister of Sherlock Holmes.

TERMINATOR SALVATION---Christian Bale reflected on starring in the disappointing sequel, “I said no three times. I thought that the franchise…I went ‘Nah, there’s no story there.’ I’d seen the first one and enjoyed that back in England, I’d been to the movies and seen the second one. It was an unfortunate series of events involving the writers’ strike, involving [Jonathan Nolan], who was able to come on, and really start to write a wonderful script, but then got called away for a prior commitment that he had. And it’s a great thorn in my side, because I wish we could have reinvigorated [the franchise]. And unfortunately, during production, you could tell that wasn’t happening. It’s a great shame.”

KITTY PRYDE---Tim Miller (DEADPOOL) is developing a Kitty Pryde X-Men spinoff movie.

SNOWPIERCER---TNT ordered the Jennifer Connelly tv series based on the post-apocalyptic graphic novel and movie that starred Chris Evans.

HULU---Hulu cancelled CHANCE and ordered a 12-episode horror anthology series from Blumhouse Television.

LES MISERABLES---BBC six-part miniseries underway based on the Victor Hugo novel with David Oyelowo, Lily Collins and Dominic West starring.

ANNA AND THE APOCALYPSE---comedy horror musical movie underway about a teenage girl and her classmates battling a zombie plague in their small English village.

HIGH IN THE CLOUDS---animated movie underway based on the Paul McCartney children's book. McCartney is expected to provide the voice for one character. Original songs will be recorded by artists include Lady Gaga.

TRIVIA---in KOLCHAK: NIGHT STALKER, Jack Grinnage played reporter Ron Updyke, who was Carl Kolchak's newsroom foil. After he left acting, Grinnage became a prop maker. His most famous prop was John Malkovich's rabbit's foot which carried bullets for the gun he shot Clint Eastwood with in IN THE LINE OF FIRE.
Jeff Rice, the Las Vegas newspaper reporter, whose unpublished novel inspired two hit Kolchak tv movies, two Kolchak tv series and THE X-FILES, died in obscurity in 2015.

The story editor and writer on KOLCHAK: THE NIGHT STALKER was David Chase who later went on to create THE SOPRANOS.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:32 pm

THURSDAY, JANUARY 11

ALTERED CARBON---trailer released for the Netflix sci fi series.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM7Eob4YFDQ

THE LOOMING TOWER---trailer released for the Hulu miniseries about Osama bin Laden and the rivalry between the FBI and CIA. Jeff Daniels stars.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgsdAUKIICo

BLACK WIDOW---Marvel Studios hired Jac Schaeffer (NASTY WOMEN) to write the script for the Black Widow solo movie starring Scarlett Johansson.

FEAR THE WALKING DEAD---first photo shows Morgan as a regular character on the spinoff series. Showrunner Scott R. Gimple said, "even though Morgan is going to be featured on FEAR, he still has a lot of story left on THE WALKING DEAD."

JUSTICE LEAGUE---Richard Cetrone, Ben Affleck's stunt double in JUSTICE LEAGUE, confirmed a Zack Snyder cut of the movie exists and wants fans to urge Warner Bros. to release it, "Please pass along to your group my thanks for their passion in supporting Zack. Tell them I know for a fact that a Zack Snyder cut does exist and with the help of people like you and your group we can hopefully persuade WB to release it."

CRITTERS: A NEW BINGE---go90 tv series underway based on the 1986 cult classic sci fi movie. The tv series has the Krites returning to Earth to rescue a Krite left behind on a previous mission. They land in Burbank where they run afoul of high school students and their families.

ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD---a source said Michelle Williams was paid under $1,000 for the reshoots because reshoots are in her contract, but Mark Wahlberg was paid $1.5 million because the reshoots were not in his contract.Wahlberg's agent is Ari Emanuel who was an inspiration for Wahlberg's ENTOURAGE.

DESIGNATED SURVIVOR---Michael J. Fox will guest star in five episodes as powerful Washington, DC attorney Ethan West who is named special prosecutor to investigate ex-President Cornelius Moss.

ACCUSED---US remake underway of the BBC anthology crime series which follows a person through an entire case to see if the defendant is found guilty.

THE GOLDINCH---Jeffrey Wright (CASINO ROYALE, WESTWORLD) is in negotiations to play Hobie in the movie based on the book.

SHANTARAM---Paramount Television mob tv series underway based on the novel and the sequel THE MOUNTAIN SHADOW.

TRIVIA---in the original CASINO ROYALE, Jacqueline Bisset appeared as SMERSH assassin Miss Goodthighs who is assigned to kill Peter Sellers (Evelyn Tremble). Bisset also had a second role as a member of the crowd standing behind Ursula Andress (Vesper Lynde) in the scene with Orson Welles (Le Chiffre).

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:51 pm

FRIDAY, JANUARY 12

THE AVENGERS---Shane Black and Fred Dekker (THE PREDATOR) have written a tv pilot for the reboot of the cult classic British spy tv series that starred Patrick Macnee and Diana Rigg. Dekker said, "It’s THE AVENGERS, with John Steed and Emma Peel. We’re setting it in Britain in the 60’s, and our approach is THE IPCRESS FILE meets DOCTOR WHO. At this moment, it’s my favorite thing we’re working on."

THE WALKING DEAD---photo released from the return of Season 8 shows an ailing Carl being tended by Michonne and Rick.

NOBODY---Bob Odenkirk (BETTER CALL SAUL) is the star/producer of this action thriller movie about a man who sends a thug to the hospital after he harassed a woman. He then discovers the thug's brother is a drug kingpin who wants revenge. Derek Kolstad (JOHN WICK) is the writer.

GAME OF THRONES---HBO head Casey Bloys said the final season won't be used to launch the spinoff series under development, “There is not going to be anything in any scenario where we have any sort of prequel air for at least a year after that. I want the final season of GAME OF THRONES to be the final season of GAME OF THRONES, I don’t want to use it to launch something else, I want it to stand as the finale of the greatest tv show of all time, I don’t want to do anything that infringes on that.”

ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD---a source said Mark Wahlberg refused to approve Christopher Plummer replacing Kevin Spacey unless he was paid because co-star approval is in his contract, "What he said was, 'I will not approve Christopher Plummer unless you pay me.' And that's how he (expletive) them." Ridley Scott had asked Wahlberg to return for reshoots for free and Wahlberg agreed, but after Plummer was hired, Wahlberg and his management team demanded from two producers that he be paid $1.5 million. Scott, who was unaware of Wahlberg's negotiations with the producers, was "angry and betrayed" and was "hung out to dry."

EXTREMELY WICKED, SHOCKINGLY EVIL AND VILE---John Malkovich will co-star with Zac Efron and Lily Collins in the serial killer Ted Bundy biomovie. Malkovich will play Judge Edward Cowart who sentenced Bundy to death at the end of his 1979 murder trial.

PALE BLUE DOT---Natalie Portman is in talks to replace Reese Witherspoon in this movie about a female astronaut whose life unravels after returning from a lengthy mission. Witherspoon left due to a schedule conflict.

GAMBIT---director Gore Verbinski left the Channing Tatum movie due to a schedule conflict.

THE VAMPIRE CHRONICLES---Bryan Fuller will co-write the tv series pilot with Anne Rice.

PROUD MARY---Creedence Clearwater Revival co-founder John Fogerty is unhappy about the Taraji P. Henson hitwoman movie named after the song he wrote, “I wrote the song ‘Proud Mary’ fifty years ago, and I was very excited to have written such a good song. In fact, it was my very first good song. My songs are special to me. Precious. So it irks me when people seek to capitalize on the popularity of my music and the good will it has earned with the public for their own financial gain. Over the years, I have often found myself directly opposed to these uses.”
He added, “No one ever asked me about using my song this way, or even about the meaning of Proud Mary. The movie poster has my lyrics changed to read…. ‘killing for the Man every night and day,'” he continued. “I wrote the song about a mythical riverboat, cruising on a mythical river, in a mythical time… It was obviously a metaphor about leaving painful, stressful things behind for a more tranquil and meaningful life. Far from a story about killing people for money.”

AMERICAN HEIRESS---20th Century Fox cancelled the biomovie about the kidnapping of newspaper heiress Patty Hearst by the Symbionese Liberation Army. James Mangold (LOGAN) was the director.

THE FORGIVEN---Forest Whitaker and Eric Bana star in this movie about Archbishop Desmond Tutu meeting with a murderer who wants clemency.

MY BEAUTIFUL LAUNDRETTE--Kumail Nanjiani is the co-writer/star of this tv series based on the 1985 movie.

TRIVIA---in Ray Harryhausen's THE BEAST FROM 20,000 FATHOMS, the New York policeman who shoots the Rhedosaurus with his pistol and is then eaten, later reappears alive and shoots the Rhedosarus with a rifle.
Also, the Army sniper who kills the Rhedosaurus with a radioactive bullet is played by then-unknown Lee Van Cleef.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:02 pm

MONDAY, JANUARY 15

THE TERROR---new trailer released for the AMC/Ridley Scott ten-part miniseries based on the horror novel.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPuYei9cbaw

EDGE OF TOMORROW---director Doug Liman updated the status of the sequel, “We’re just working on the script… [We’re no longer working on scheduling issues], now it’s down to we have a window where we could go do it, and we’re frantically working on the script. It’s one of those movies that we’ll only go make if we love the script. It’s not one of those things where the studio is pushing us to make it and they don’t really care if it’s good or not...It has the possibility of being my next film."

TARANTINO---Leonardo DiCaprio will play an aging actor in the Quentin Tarantino movie set during the 1969 Manson Family Murders. Margot Robbie is a candidate to play murder victim Sharon Tate, wife of Roman Polanski. Al Pacino was offered a role written for him. Tom Cruise has an offer for a role that Brad Pitt reportedly turned down.

THE WALKING DEAD---AMC renewed the series for Season 9 and announced a shakeup. Scott R. Gimple was promoted to Chief Content Officer to oversee the franchise. Co-producer/writer Angela Kang will replace Gimple as showrunner/executive producer.

GEMINI MAN---Clive Owen will co-star with Will Smith in this sci fi movie about a retiring NSA agent who is being targeted by a cloned younger version of himself. Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Tatiana Maslany are candidates for the lead female role. Ang Lee (CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON) is the director. David Benioff (GAME OF THRONES) is the writer.

TRUE LIES---Eliza Dushku accused Joel Kramer, Arnold Schwarzenegger's stunt double and stunt co-ordinator, of molesting her during the filming of the movie when she was 12 years old. Dushku claims she told an adult about the incident who confronted Kramer, who then retaliated by intentionally breaking Dushku's ribs during the AV-8 Harrier scene. Kramer denied the accusations. Director James Cameron said, “Eliza is very brave for speaking up. I think all the women are that are speaking up and calling for a reckoning now (are brave)… Had I known about it, there would have been no mercy. I have three daughters. There’d really be no mercy now.”

THE CONTINENTAL---Starz JOHN WICK spinoff tv series underway which will focus on the Continental hotel that caters to assassins. Starz programming head Carmi Zlotnick said the tv series will focus on a new character instead of John Wick, "He won’t be an assassin at the very beginning. I don’t want to give too much about the story away, but it’s somebody who is new to the world. His origin story, when you go back to the beginning, unknown to him, has some ties to the world."
Zlotnick also said Ian McShane might appear as the Continental's manager “There are certainly conversations about having Ian McShane back. The good part is we have some sort of insight into his schedule because of our involvement in AMERICAN GODS. We’re in conversations with Ian.”

STAR TREK: DISCOVERY---photos from the new episode "The Wolf Inside" shows an Andorian and a Tellarite.

GAME OF THRONES---HBO programming head Casey Bloys commented on a possible revival of the series after it ends, “That’s not happening. This story, A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE, is done. There’s no revival, reboot, spinoff talk.”

EXPENDABLES 4---Sylvester Stallone hinted at the fourth movie in the franchise by posting a photo of himself, Jason Statham and Randy Couture wit the caption, “We are the shadows and the smoke, we rise. We are the ghosts that in the night… Just when you thought it was safe to go outside…They’re coming back!.”

BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN---sources say the Universal Pictures reboot movie is still underway after the disappointing THE MUMMY reboot.

THE BUTCHER---new Sony Crackle tv series with Gary Oldman as co-producer in which a Los Angeles homicide detective hunts for a serial killer who is immortal as long as he consumes human flesh.

CATCH-22---Hulu six-part miniseries underway based on the World War II novel. George Clooney will direct and play Colonel Cathcart. The 1970 movie version starred Alan Arkin, Jon Voight and Orson Welles.

MARCH OF THE PENGUINS 2: THE NEXT STOP---Hulu announced sequel to the documentary.

COSMOS---the National Geographic Channel renewed the series for Season 2.

STAN AGAINST EVIL--IFC renewed the series for Season 3.

LADY DYNAMITE---Netflix cancelled the series.

LIAR---Sundance TV renewed the series for season 2 which will be the last.

THE GLASS ROOM---Carice van Houten (GAME OF THRONES) will star in this movie based on the novel about a lesbian relationship that spans 80 years.

TRIVIA---in DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER, Sean Connery's last official James Bond movie, Norman Burton played CIA agent Felix Leiter. Burton's biggest role was his horseback appearance as the Hunt Leader in PLANET OF THE APES.

In the movie's Las Vegas casino scene, comedian Shady Tree (Leonard Barr, Dean Martin's uncle) has two beautiful companions at his side. On his right was supposedly Valerie Perrine, who was nominated for an Academy Award in LENNY, but Perrine denied it's her. On his left is supposedly Cassandra Peterson, better known as horror queen Elvira, Mistress of the Dark. who claimed it was her on the left. However, 007 MAGAZINE said Pat Gill and Judy Ritsko are the real women in the scene, and Ritsko plays the topless dancer Bond talks to backstage.

In the movie's famous car chase scene, James Bond evaded pursuing police cars by slipping his Mustang through a narrow alley by tilting the Mustang on its right wheels. However, a filming mistake occurred when the Mustang exited the alley tilted on its left wheels. Because it was impractical to reshoot the entire scene, Sean Connery and Jill St. John reshot the film showing the Mustang tilted from its right wheels to four wheels and then to its left wheels---even the alley was supposedly too narrow for a car on four wheels to begin with.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:54 pm

TUESDAY, JANUARY 16

BRITANNIA---trailer released for the Amazon series which stars David Morrissey (THE WALKING DEAD) in the story about the Roman invasion of Britain in 43 AD.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhDAFAbv9e0

OBI-WAN KENOBI---sources say the Obi-Wan Kenobi solo movie, with the working title of JOSHUA TREE, will start filming in early 2019 with Ewan McGregor expected to return. The movie is speculated to be set between REVENGE OF THE SITH and A NEW HOPE.
Liam Neeson commented on if he might return as Qui-Gon Jinn, “This is the first time I’m hearing of this. No one’s been in touch with me. I know in the STAR WARS world anything is possible. In the first one, THE PHANTOM MENACE, I died but we know, you know, Jedis come back and stuff but no one’s been in touch. We’ll see.”

THE BATMAN---a source said Warner Bros. wants Jake Gyllenhaal to replace Ben Affleck if Affleck leaves, “Gyllenhaal is probably Batman. Affleck is not out of it yet. That’s the thing, he still has a contract. But the studio is sour on him. If Ben rolls, Jake is in. Kind of a weird web. These guys both know they control each other’s destiny.”

THE WALKING DEAD---Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus are negotiating for new contract deals to return for Season 9. This follows the recent management shakeup in which ex-showrunner Scott R. Gimple was replaced and moved to another position in order to solve the steadily declining ratings.

CREED 2---Romanian boxer Florian "Big Nasty" Munteanu will play the son of Drago (Dolph Lundgren) and Michael B. Jordan's boxing opponent in the sequel.

SHAZAM!---Mark Strong confirmed he is playing the villain in the Zachary Levi superhero movie, “I’m playing an evil bastard called Doctor Sivana, they are always the best characters to play, the most fun.”

THE OUTPOST---new Syfy series from Dean Devlin (STARGATE) and Jonathan Glassner (STARGATE SG-1) which stars Jessica Green as the sole survivor of the Blackbloods race who are killed off by mercenaries. She discovers she has super powers as she embarks on a mission of revenge.

HARRY & MEGHAN: THE ROYAL LOVE STORY---Lifetime tv movie underway about the romance between Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.

THE JIM JEFFERIES SHOW---Comedy Central renewed the series for Season 2.

TRIVIA---in AIR FORCE ONE, child actress Liesel Matthews played Alice, the daughter of President James Marshall (Harrison Ford). Matthews is the niece of Hyatt Hotel founder Jay Pritzker and is an heiress to the Hyatt fortune which is valued at $15 billion.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:27 pm

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 17

SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY---synopsis released for the young Han Solo movie.

“Board the Millennium Falcon and journey to a galaxy far, far away in Solo: A Star Wars Story, an all-new adventure with the most beloved scoundrel in the galaxy. Through a series of daring escapades deep within a dark and dangerous criminal underworld, Han Solo meets his mighty future copilot Chewbacca and encounters the notorious gambler Lando Calrissian, in a journey that will set the course of one of the Star Wars saga’s most unlikely heroes.”

STAR WARS EXPANDED UNIVERSE---Lucasfilm's Leland Chee, who maintains STAR WARS canon, explained why Walt Disney Pictures decided to change the canon and void the Expanded Universe (books, comic books, games) after it bought Lucasfilm, “For me it came down to simply that we had killed Chewbacca in the Legends — a big moon had fallen on him. Part of that [original decision] was Chewbacca, because he can’t speak and just speaks in growls, he was a challenging character to write for in novels. Publishing had decided they needed to kill somebody, and it was Chewbacca.
But if you have the opportunity to bring back Chewbacca into a live action film, you’re not gonna deprive fans that. There’s no way that I’d want to do an Episode VII that didn’t have Chewbacca in it and have to explain that Chewbacca had a moon fall on his head. And if we were going to overturn a monumental decision like that, everything else was really just minor in comparison.”

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI---THE LAST JEDI has been pulled from Chinese theaters after a disappointing box office. Jimmy Wu, head of Chinese theater chain Lumiere Pavilions, said," THE LAST JEDI has already been completely pulled from cinemas here. It’s performed much worse than we could have expected.” THE LAST JEDI brought in $28.7 million on its opening weekend compared to $52 million for THE FORCE AWAKENS.

ANT-MAN AND THE WASP---synopsis and new photo released for the sequel.

“From the Marvel Cinematic Universe comes Ant-Man and The Wasp, a new chapter featuring heroes with the astonishing ability to shrink. In the aftermath of Captain America: Civil War, Scott Lang grapples with the consequences of his choices as both a super hero and a father. As he struggles to rebalance his life with his responsibilities as Ant-Man, he’s confronted by Hope van Dyne and Dr. Hank Pym with an urgent new mission. Scott must once again put on the suit and learn to fight alongside the Wasp as the team works together to uncover secrets from the past.”

VENOM---documentary director Jon Schnepp said Tom Holland will have a Spider-Man cameo in VENOM, “Spider-Man is going to be in VENOM. For the last couple of months, we’ve been hearing how Sony is keeping it all separated, and Spider-Man is in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but every other character that’s in the Spider-Man universe is separate. All I’m saying is that Spider-Man – and I’m talking about Tom Holland’s Spider-Man – is going to be in VENOM”.

FLASHPOINT---co-directors John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein (VACATION) are in negotiations to direct The Flash solo movie.

HALLOWEEN---Will Patton (FALLING SKIES) has joined the sequel cast as a cop.

THE AVENGERS---former NBA star Shaquille O'Neal, who starred in the 1997 DC Comics movie STEEL, said he wants to return to superhero movies, “I would love to be in one of the AVENGERS movies. I would like to kick Robert Downey Jr.’s ass.”

MARY POPPINS RETURNS---photo released from the sequel starring Emily Blunt.

BLACK WATER---Jean-Claude Van Damme and Dolph Lundgren reunite for their fifth movie together in which a deep cover operative must escape from a CIA black site on a submarine and discover who framed him.

GEMINI MAN---Mary Elizabeth Winstead (10 CLOVERFIELD LANE) will co-star with Will Smith and Clive Owen in the sci fi movie about a retiring NSA agent who is targeted by a cloned younger version of himself.

BABY DRIVER---Edgar Wright said if a sequel is made, he will direct it.

THE GOLDFINCH---Finn Wolfhard (IT, STRANGER THINGS) will lay the young Boris in the movie based on the novel.

THE FAMILY---Matt Smith (DOCTOR WHO) is in talks to play murderous cult leader Charles Manson in the movie based on the book THE LONG PRISON JOURNEY OF LESLIE van HOUTEN: LIFE BEYOND THE CULT.

SCI FI---Apple and HBO are the lead candidates to pick up a new sci fi series from JJ Abrams. The plot involves a world battling monstrous, oppressive forces.

FEAR THE WALKING DEAD---Danay Garcia confirmed her character, Luciana, is returning in Season 4.

THE TICK---Amazon renewed the series for Season 2.

TRUE DETECTIVE---Scoot McNairy will co-star in Season 3.

9-1-1---Fox renewed the series for Season 2.

THE SHANNARA CHRONICLES---Viacom canceled the series.

TRIVIA---in Steven Spielberg's 1941, Dan Ackroyd's M3 Lee "Lulubelle" tank is named after Humphrey Bogart's tank "Lulubelle" in SAHARA. Ackroyd's "Lulubelle" was really a different armored vehicle that was being used as a target on a US Air Force gunnery range and was rebuilt to look like an M3 Lee.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Sony and Industry Related News