[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony Pictures

Advanced search
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:36 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony Pictures

Sony Pictures

The latest Sony related news and industry news as well.

Moderator: jttar

by SONYESP » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:14 pm

WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 29

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR---trailer released for the sequel.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZfuNTqbHE8&t=12s

ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD---trailer released with Christopher Plummer replacing Kevin Spacey in the movie about the kidnapping of billionaire J. Paul Getty's grandson.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeUAcXI7a1k

Ridley Scott commented on Plummer replacing Spacey, “I was finished with the film and was in [U.K. recording studio] Abbey Road finalizing the music. Someone was like: Guess what? And that’s where it began. I sat and thought about it and realized, we cannot. You can’t tolerate any kind of behavior like that. And it will affect the film. We cannot let one person’s action affect the good work of all these other people. It’s that simple.”
He added, “You have to know who you’re going to go for [to recast the role] and if he’s available. Chris [Plummer] was always on the list. So you find that out, but quietly, because you don’t want it going around. I flew into New York and met with [Plummer] and he said yes. So then we had to figure out if everyone else would be available to fit in these new days of shooting. Miraculously, they were."

MARY MAGDALENE---trailer released for the biomovie starring Rooney Mara and Joaquin Phoenix.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymRmMTYGPys

STAR WARS---Daisy Ridley said in a ROLLING STONE interview that she doesn't want to play Rey after EPISODE 9, "As far as Ridley is concerned, the future of Rey is pretty much set. She doesn’t want to play the character after the next movie. “No,” she says flatly. “For me, I didn’t really know what I was signing on to. I hadn’t read the script, but from what I could tell, it was really nice people involved, so I was just like, ‘Awesome.’ Now I think I am even luckier than I knew then, to be part of something that feels so like coming home now.”

UNIVERSAL MONSTER UNIVERSE---Guillermo del Toro said he rejected Universal Pictures' offer to take over the reboot of its classic monster movie universe, "I’ve said no to things that are enormous and I’ve never looked back, you know? The only time I repent I didn’t do something was in 2007, when Universal in an incredibly gentle and beautiful manner said do you want to take over the Monster Universe? And they gave me the reins of several properties, and I didn’t do it. That I repent. So this is a confessional moment, I repent. That’s the only thing."
Universal's current monster reboot, the Dark Universe, is in doubt after Tom Cruise's THE MUMMY's disappointing box office.

CAPTAIN MARVEL---Ben Mendelsohn has agreed to co-star in the movie. Inside sources said Mendelsohn will play villain Colonel Yon-Rogg.

ANT MAN AND THE WASP---Evangeline Lilly talked about the sequel's plot, “Those characters are experts in the quantum realm. In ANT-MAN AND THE WASP, they are trying everything in their power to safely enter the quantum realm and return back from it because they have evidence from the first film that Scott Lang was able to do that. If he can do it, why can’t we? If we do succeed in ANT-MAN AND THE WASP, then that does open a whole entire new multi-verse to enter into and play around in. I’m not the story creator, so I can’t tell you what they’re going to do with that. But I definitely see the potential there.”

STAR WARS---Denis Villeneuve (ARRIVAL, BLADE RUNNER 2049) said his favorite Star Wars movies are A NEW HOPE and THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK, and he would like to direct a non-saga movie, "It’s something that...I would be intrigued...What is dangerous with Star Wars right now is it’s become its own vocabulary. I would love to see them, I think ROGUE ONE was a very interesting attempt to get out of the mold...I think it would be a great idea to get out of there and to go on a new part of the galaxy, that I would be open to."

NIGHTFLYERS---Syfy ordered ten episodes of the sci fi series based on the George RR Martin novella. Martin said the series will have, “a substantial budget, one that should allow them to create a show that looks as good as modern audiences expect.” The 1987 movie version starred Catherine Mary Stewart.

SEX SCANDALS---NBC News fired Matt Lauer, TODAY co-host, for "inappropriate sexual behavior in the workplace...we were also presented with reason to believe this may not have been an isolated incident."
Sources said stories about Lauer were underway at VARIETY, HuffPost and THE NEW YORK TIMES. HuffPost's Yashar Ali said, "Some top executives at NBC were aware of these stories...I, and other reporters, have been aware of several women who have come forward privately in the past few months. Even before [Harvey] Weinstein. They weren't willing to go public though...they were terrified of Matt. Matt Lauer put the fear of God into these women. He had relationships with reporters outside NBC that he cultivated just for this purpose. They knew that."
Ali added, "Lauer is among the worst I've heard about. Not in terms of the kind of misconduct but the way in which he manipulated these women into silence. It's evil, frightening stuff."
David Sweeney, NPR Chief News Editor, was fired after three women accused him of sexual harassment.
Producer Gary Goddard has taken a leave of absence as CEO of The Goddard Group after Anthony Edwards (TOP GUN) accused Goddard of molesting him when he was a child.
Angela Lansbury (MURDER, SHE WROTE) received criticism after saying women are inadvertently partly responsible for sexual harassment, “We must sometimes take blame, women. I really do think that. Although it’s awful to say, we can’t make ourselves look as attractive as possible without being knocked down and raped.”
She added, “There are two sides to this coin. We have to own up to the fact that women, since time immemorial, have gone out of their way to make themselves attractive. And unfortunately it has backfired on us — and this is where we are today.”

GREMLINS---the classic 1984 Joe Dante movie will get a Christmas rerelease in theaters from December 8-28.

DYNASTY---Nicollette Sheridan (DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES) will play Alexis Carrington in the reboot series. Joan Collins played the role in the original series.
SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:33 pm

THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 30

THE NIGHT MANAGER---BBC/AMC sequel miniseries is underway. Tom Hiddleston has expressed an interest in returning.

MULAN---Liu Yifei (THE FORBIDDEN KINGDOM) will play the lead role in the Walt Disney Pictures live-action remake movie.

FEAR THE WALKING DEAD---Maggie Grace (TAKEN, LOST) has joined the cast in an undisclosed role for Season 4.

JUSTICE LEAGUE---sources said Warner Bros. executives wanted then-studio head Greg Silverman to fire director Zack Snyder after the disappointing BATMAN v SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE. Silverman declined, but he was "quite harsh" with Snyder. The source said Snyder wasn't fired because, “They were already in deep prep on JUSTICE LEAGUE and it would have cost a fortune. There’s stickiness to a director because there’s so much cost to unstick him. Warners is a studio that almost to a fault always wants to project strength.”
The sources also said Warner Bros. didn't delay JUSTICE LEAGUE to fully correct its problems because studio head Toby Emmerich and CEO Kevin Tsujihara wanted to, "preserve their bonuses".

AMERICAN GODS---producers Bryan Fuller and Michael Green have left the series after clashing with Fremantle Media over budget and creative differences.

SUPERFLY---Sony Pictures remake underway of the 1972 blaxploitation movie that starred Ron O'Neal. It is intended to be the first of a franchise.

SEX SCANDALS---Warner Bros. Television fired producer Andrew Kreisberg (ARROW, SUPERGIRL) after numerous women accused him of sexual harassment.
Another woman claims Senator Al Franken groped her. Former Army officer Stephanie Kemplin said she was groped by Franken when she was stationed in the Middle East, “When he put his arm around me, he groped my right breast. He kept his hand all the way over on my breast. I’ve never had a man put their arm around me and then cup my breast. So he was holding my breast on the side.”
She said it last from five to ten seconds, “I remember clenching up and how you just feel yourself flushed,” she said. “And I remember thinking — is he going to move his hand? Was it an accident? Was he going to move his hand? He never moved his hand.
“It was long enough that he should have known if it was an accident. I’m very confident saying that."
Def Jam Records co-founder Russell Simmons is "stepping aside" after numerous accusations of sexual assault. The latest was by writer/actress Jenny Lumet, daughter of director Sidney Lumet, who posted in a blog that was a direct letter to Simmons that she was assaulted in 1991, "There was penetration. At one point you were only semi-erect and appeared frustrated. Angry? I remember being afraid that you would deem that my fault and become violent. I did not know if you were angry, but I was afraid that you were.
I desperately wanted to keep the situation from escalating. I wanted you to feel that I was not going to be difficult. I wanted to stay as contained as I could.
You told me to turn over on my stomach. You said something about a part of my body. You did not ejaculate inside me.
When it was over, I got my clothes and quickly went down in the elevator by myself. You didn’t try to stop me."
Garrison Keillor (A PRAIRIE HOME COMPANION) was fired by Minnesota Public Radio after a former female co-worker accused him of "inappropriate behavior".

COURAGE---Matthew Vaughn (KINGSMAN) is the producer and possibly director of this sci fi movie although the plot wasn't disclosed.

MINDHUNTER---Netflix renewed the series for Season 2.

SMILF---Showtime renewed the series for Season 2.

DETECTIVE PIKACHU---Kathryn Newton (BIG LITTLE LIES) will play the female lead in the live-action Pokemon movie.
SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:03 pm

FRIDAY, DECEMBER 1

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI---a new photo was released of Benecio Del Toro who commented on his character, "DJ", “This character could come straight out of a Bob Dylan or Tom Waites song, or even a Dostoyevsky novel. He’s like something out of Dickens; there have been characters like him in all kinds of literature. He’s like a knife: if you grab him by the blade, he’ll cut you. If you grab him by the handle, he can be very, very useful.”

THE LORD OF THE RINGS---HBO ceo Richard Peppler commented on why the network turned down the LOTR tv series that Amazon agreed to buy, "I'd rather own our IP [intellectual property] 100%… and I'd rather have the ability to work with a product that is inextricably linked to our brand." He also commented on Amazon paying almost $250 million for LOTR, "If I'm Jeff Bezos, that's Monopoly money."

GAME OF THRONES---Jason Momoa denied Khal Drogo is returning for Season 8 after he was photographed on the set, "I haven't been over there in a long time. You just want to see your friends and you end up make headlines going, 'Drogo's back!' and I'm like, 'He's dead! He can't come back, it wouldn't work.' ...I just happened to see people on set."
Momoa said about Season 8, "Just knowing how amazing this season is going to be...It's going to be the greatest thing that’s ever aired on TV. It's going to be unbelievable. It's going to f**k up a lot of people. And it was a bummer because I'm a huge fan and I didn't want to know what's going on. I was like, 'Damn, I didn't want to know that!"

WONDER WOMAN 2---director Patty Jenkins commented on the report that Wonder Woman will have a new love interest in the sequel, "Quite a few people, including this headline, seem to be completely misunderstanding or making some pretty false assumptions based on one of many vague quotes I made about something I can't say ANYTHING about. Just wait."

STRANGER THINGS---Netflix renewed the series for Season 3 with all of the main cast returning.

LEGION OF DOOM---an inside source said DC Films and Warner Bros. are developing the Legion of Doom, the villainous counterpart to the Justice League, which will include Lex Luthor and Deathstroke, "Legion of Doom is happening. Not an LOD movie, but building towards the team. Watch [Joe] Manganiello. He has pretty much been blatant."

SIRIUS---Pierre Morel (TAKEN) will direct this survival movie about two members of a Danish special forces dog sled team who must survive an international incident in one of the coldest places on Earth.

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE---David S. Goyer is in talks to direct the Sony Pictures movie based on the Mattel toy line.

HARLEY QUINN---Margot Robbie said she's working on a Harley Quinn movie that's separate from GOTHAM CITY SIRENS, SUICIDE SQUAD 2 and the Harley/Joker movie, “I’ve been working on a separate spinoff Harley thing for a while...It’s a totally separate one.”

CLEOPATRA JONES---Warner Bros. remake underway of the 1973 blaxploitation movie that starred Tamara Dobson.

SMART BLONDE---Judy Holliday biomovie underway. Writer Willy Holtzman said about her audition with 20th Century Fox head Darryl F. Zanuck, "Her agent scheduled her for the notorious '4 o'clock meeting' and ordered her to stuff her bra."
Zanuck unzipped his pants, pushed her onto a couch and grabbed her breasts, "You belong to me." Judy removed the pads from her bra, threw them at Zanuck and shouted, 'These belong to you. I don't."

JUST MERCY---Michael B. Jordan (CREED) stars in this movie based on the book about a young lawyer who defends a man on death row for a crime he did not commit.

GREEN BOOK---Viggo Mortensen, Mahershala Ali and Linda Cardellini star in this movie about bouncer Tony Lip who must drive black jazz pianist Dr. Don Shirley to concerts from New York to the segregated Deep South in 1962.

TELL ME A STORY---new CBS series in which the fairy tales of the Three Little Pigs, Little Red Riding Hood and Jack and the Beanstalk are folded into a story of love, greed and murder.

BLOOD & TEARS---new CBS series in which an antiquities expert and an art thief team up to combat an international terrorist who uses stolen treasures to finance his deadly attacks.

CRENSHAW---James Mangold (LOGAN) will direct this 20th Century Fox movie underway based on the children's book.

ERNEST---movie underway about a man who films the ghost who haunts his house and who resembles Ernest Borgnine. After posting the film on social media, he becomes a global sensation.
SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:42 pm

MONDAY, DECEMBER 4

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM---teaser trailer released for the sequel.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=266EI7hdjFs

ALTERED CARBON--trailer released for the Netflix sci fi series starring Joel Kinnaman.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM7Eob4YFDQ

STAR WARS---Daisy Ridley clarified her earlier comment that she did not want to return as Rey after EPISODE IX, “Misquoted. I was misquoted. I was asked — by the way, at the end of a very long day, at the end of a very long shoot — I was asked how I felt going forward. And I said, in my mind, the story finishes at Episode IX. To me, Star Wars is in threes. [Episodes] 4, 5, 6; 1, 2, 3; 7, 8, 9. So, for me, that’s what I was signing on to; VII, VIII, IX. So that’s really what I was answering. And I think, for now – I’m not saying forever.”
Also, director Rian Johnson commented on the new movie trilogy, “Right now there’s all the freedom in the world. That’s the whole thing that’s exciting to me is let’s go some new places, let’s meet some new folks, let’s see what else is out there. Let’s have one story told over three films in this galaxy with no limitations. It’s pretty exciting."

ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK---writer Neil Cross (LUTHER) commented on the status of the long-gestating remake of the 1981 John Carpenter movie, “Robert Rodriguez is attached to direct and it’s looking good and exciting. It was quite a challenging script, it’s a challenging thing to reinvent. One of the most terrifying sentences I’ve ever heard in my life is ‘we’ve given the script to John Carpenter’. I crawled around for three days thinking ‘oh my god’ but we got John Carpenter’s seal of approval. He approved it and that’s all I need. You never quite know [if it’s done] but I might need to do some rewrites and do some nip and tuck but in the first approximation, my job is done.”

HALLOWEEN---writer Danny McBride said the sequel to John Carpenter's 1978 movie will not rely on gore, "The original is all about tension. Laurie Strode (Jamie Lee Curtis) doesn’t even know that Michael Myers exists until the last minutes of the movie. So much of it you’re in anticipation of what’s going to happen and the dread that Carpenter spins so effortlessly in that film, I think we were really trying to get it back to that. We’re trying to mine that dread. Mine that tension and not just go for gore and ultra-violence that you see some horror movies lean on."

DOCTOR WHO---Steven Moffat said Carey Mulligan, who played Sally Sparrow in Season 3, turned down a chance to be the Doctor's next companion, “Oh my God, Carey Mulligan! It’s funny but "Blink", I say immodestly, is a very famous episode of television and yet Carey Mulligan, who was the star of it, I’m almost certain wouldn’t even remember being in DOCTOR WHO. I don’t think she was much of a fan, or anything. They liked her so much, they said, “Do you want to be the next companion?” but she said no. God, she was amazing.”

DEATH WISH---Elisabeth Shue commented on being killed off as the wife of Bruce Willis in the remake of the 1974 Charles Bronson vigilante movie, "I get shot in the head. It's very subtle, but then you see me dead in a hospital.They have special effects to stop your eyes and to stop your breathing. That’s why you can’t see the breathing anymore.”

BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY---20th Century Fox suspended production on the Freddie Mercury biomovie because director Bryan Singer and a family member were experiencing "a personal health matter". Singer supposedly had clashed with star Rami Malek.

A BOY NAMED SHEL---James Franco is in talks to be star/director of this movie based on the book about children's author/cartoonist Shel Silverstein.

IMAGINE AGENTS---20th Century Fox movie underway based on the comic book about two agents and a mother who must rescue her son and save mankind from an invasion of imaginary friends. Richie Keen (FIST FIGHT) is the director.

GOLDIE VANCE---Rashida Jones and Kerry Washington are developing a movie based on the graphic novel about a biracial 16 year-old girl who wants to be house detective at a posh Miami hotel.

ROSEANNE---Johnny Galecki was confirmed to be returning for the sequel series.

SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH---Netflix ordered two seasons of the untitled reboot series that is a RIVERDALE companion series. Also, Netflix cancelled HATERS BACK OFF.
SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:17 pm

TUESDAY, DECEMBER 5

BLACK MIRROR---Netflix trailer for the episode "USS Callister".

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgTtyfgzGc0

ONE STRANGE ROCK---National Geographic trailer released for the Will Smith-hosted miniseries about the Earth from the perspective of astronauts in outer space.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o40U8Mn9fUA

STAR TREK---Quentin Tarantino has "a great idea" for a new STAR TREK movie and is working with JJ Abrams to set up a writers room at Paramount Pictures to develop the movie. Tarantino might direct the movie with Abrams as producer.
In 2015, Tarantino said, “You could take some of the great classic STAR TREK episodes and easily expand them to ninety minutes or more and really do some amazing stuff!” This led to speculation that Tarantino might use a tv episode as a basis for the movie.
Tarantino said his favorite episode was "The City on the Edge of Forever" from the original series which he said was “one of the classic stories of all time" and starred Joan Collins. His second favorite episode was "Yesterday's Enterprise" from THE NEXT GENERATION.

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI---Digital Sputnik, a company that supplied lighting equipment to MARY MAGDALENE and ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY, may have accidentally confirmed that Yoda is in THE LAST JEDI. The company posted, and later removed, "We’ve just realised we have illuminated Jesus AND Yoda".

TOP FILMS---the British Film Institute released its Sight & Sound list of 2017's best films as voted by 180 critics. The tv series, TWIN PEAKS: THE RETURN, was included.

1. GET OUT
2. TWIN PEAKS: THE RETURN
3. CALL ME BY YOUR NAME
4. ZAMA
5. WESTERN
6. FACES PLACES
7. GOOD TIME
8. LOVELESS
9. DUNKIRK
9. THE FLORIDA PROJECT
11. A GHOST STORY
12. BPM
12. LADY MACBETH
12. YOU WERE NEVER REALLY HERE
15. GOD'S OWN COUNTRY
16. PERSONAL SHOPPER
16. THE SHAPE OF WATER
16. STRONG ISLAND
19. I AM NOT YOUR NEGRO
19. LADY BIRD
19. LET THE SUNSHINE IN
19. MOONLIGHT
19. mother!
19. MUDBOUND
25. THE OTHER SIDE OF HOPE
25. SILENCE

HOUSE OF CARDS---Season 6, the last season, will focus on Claire Underwood (Robin Wright) after Kevin Spacey was dismissed due to his sex scandal.

JAMES BOND---Hugh Jackman commented on turning down the chance to follow Pierce Brosnan as the next James Bond, “I was about to do X-MEN 2 and a call came from my agent asking if I’d be interested in Bond. I just felt at the time that the scripts had become so unbelievable and crazy, and I felt like they needed to become grittier and real. And the response was: ‘Oh, you don’t get a say. You just have to sign on.’ I was also worried that between Bond and ‘X-Men,’ I’d never have time to do different things.”

ALIEN---Ridley Scott repeated comments that the next sequel will focus on artificial intelligence instead of creatures and gore, “I think what we have to do is gradually drift away from the alien stuff. People say, ‘You need more alien, you need more face pulling, need more chest bursting,’ so I put a lot of that in COVENANT and it fitted nicely. But I think if you go again you need to start finding another solution that’s more interesting. I think AI is becoming much more dangerous and therefore more interesting.”

BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY---20th Century Fox fired director Bryan Singer from the Freddie Mercury biomovie. Sources said Singer did not return to the set after Thanksgiving, had clashed with star Remi Malik and was "suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder". Singer said he was caring for a sick parent and said his differences with Malik had been settled.

BABY DRIVER---Edgar Wright said he's writing the sequel, “Those talks are already in the works. The deal is being hammered out as we speak. So, hopefully, I’m going to at least write a second one. I’ve definitely got lots of ideas. Whether it’s the next movie, I don’t know. Those talks are already in the works. The deal is being hammered out as we speak. So, hopefully, I’m going to at least write a second one. I’ve definitely got lots of ideas. Whether it’s the next movie, I don’t know."

ANTLERS---horror movie underway which, “follows a fourth-grade teacher who tries to help a troubled boy in her class, only to discover that he’s been hiding a nightmarish secret. Now something terrifying is coming for the boy, and she has to protect him.” Co-writer is Nick Antosca (CHANNEL ZERO). Guillermo del Toro is the producer.

SEX SCANDAL---Cuba Gooding, Jr. (JERRY MAGUIRE) was accused of sexually assaulting controversial publicist Jonathan Jaxson in 2007.
Netflix fired THE RANCH co-star Danny Masterson after he was accused of raping four women. His character will be written out of the series.
The Metropolitan Opera suspended conductor James Levine after three men accused Levine of sexually assaulting them decades ago when they were teenagers.
Singer Melanie Martinez (THE VOICE) was accused of sexually penetrating her friend, Timothy Heller, with a sex toy. Martinez replied, "She never said no to what we chose to do together."

SHOOTER---USA Network renewed the series for Season 3 which will be based on the BLACK LIGHT novel.

SILENT LIFE---Rudolph Valentino biomovie underway starring Paul Maslansky, Isabella Rossellini, Franco Nero and Terry Moore. Moore will play the Lady in Black who placed a red rose on Valentino's grave every year.

ELI---movie underway about an 11 year-old boy suffering from autoimmune disorder who enters a "clean house" and discovers the doctor supervising the house has sinister motives.
SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:57 pm

WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 6

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM---the sequel plot has Claire Dearing (Bryce Dallas Howard), who has founded the Dinosaur Protection Group, reuniting with Owen Grady (Chris Pratt) in “finding a way to get these dinosaurs off the island” when a volcano threatens to destroy the dinosaurs.
Also, a new featurette was released.

Featurette link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BbwjmSTE5g

THE PREDATOR--Jake Busey, son of Gary Busey who starred in PREDATOR 2, talked about the latest movie in the franchise, “This one definitely falls in line with the original franchise in that it does focus on the technology that the Predators have. It focuses on what the goal of the Predators is, and what their modus operandi, and why they come to the planet, and that type of thing. It’s definitely in line with the original franchise.”
Busey said he's playing the son of his father's character in PREDATOR 2 which will, “add some depth and connectivity between the two films, sort of tying the franchise together in a tighter knot having the characters more closely bound.”

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI---director Rian Johnson talked about movies which were sources of inspiration for THE LAST JEDI, "I picked a bunch of films and TWELVE O'CLOCK HIGH, which is one of the great World War II movies with Gregory Peck. There’s some direct inspiration from that in the film, but also we watch some samurai films. We watch some, you know, BRIDGE ON THE RIVER KWAI. We watched GUNGA DIN. We watch a bunch of, kind of adventure films.”

STAR TREK---Patrick Stewart said he has an idea in which he might return as Captain Jean-Luc Picard, “Oh, lord. I cannot think of another instance in which that might happen. My feeling is I hung up the space suit and left all that behind a long time ago. Maybe if someone came up with a brilliant idea, I’d do it. One thing that might interest me would be to bring all the existing casts of STAR TREK from the last 50 years together for one big story.”

STEVEN SPIELBERG---the director explained that Lucasfilm head Kathleen Kennedy is why he has a nice guy image, "Basically, I was a little bit of a hothead, impatient, and I would be hard on my crew – loving to my cast but tough on my crew. And about 15 days into shooting E.T., she pulled me into her office and sat me down in a chair and gave me the bollocking of my life.
Because she did not like the way I was talking to the crew. She didn’t care for my impatience, she didn’t care for my sharpness. She said, ‘This is unacceptable behavior,’ and I hadn’t heard that since a teacher in school or my own mom – and that was a big shift in my life. I became mindful because somebody I trusted and respected had called me out.”

MARVEL'S IRON FIST---Alice Eve (STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS) has joined the cast in an undisclosed role for Season 2. Speculation is that Eve might play Tanya Parker who was described in a recent casting call, “a freelance covert operative” who has “carried out many high-level missions...a chameleon adept at playing roles” and who “inhabits the ‘part’ that best fits the mission.” This led to further speculation that Eve/Parker is really Lady Gorgon.

CHRISTMAS---Kurt Russell will play Santa Claus in this untitled Netflix Christmas movie in which two kids try to prove Santa really exists and accidentally cause his sleigh to crash in Chicago. They must help Santa to get back on schedule to deliver his presents in time for Christmas. Chris Columbus (HOME ALONE) is the producer, and Matt Lieberman (THE ADDAMS FAMILY) is the writer.

THE EXPANSION PROJECT---Brad Peyton (SAN ANDREAS) will direct this sci fi movie about a rookie female Marine who is stranded on a hostile planet as mankind seeks to colonize distant planets.

THE GIRL IN THE SPIDER'S WEB---Sverrir Gudnason (BORG/McENROE) will play Mikael Blomquist in the Sony Pictures sequel. Daniel Craig played the role in THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO.

THE CROW---Alex Proyas, director of the original 1994 movie in which star Brandon Lee was accidentally killed, said he disapproves of the Sony Pictures remake starring Jason Momoa, "THE CROW would not be a movie worth 'remaking' if it wasn’t for Brandon Lee. If it wasn’t for Brandon you may never have even heard of this poignant little underground comic. It is Brandon’s movie. I believe it is a special case where Hollywood should just let it remain a testament to a man’s immense talent and ultimate sacrifice – and not have others re-write that story or add to it. I know sequels were made, and TV shows, and what have you, but the notion of “rebooting” this story, and the original character – a character Brandon gave life to at too high a cost – seems wrong to me.
Please let this remain Brandon’s film."

TURTLES ALL THE WAY DOWN---movie underway based on the novel about a teenage girl with obsessive compulsive disorder and her friend who seek a $100,000 reward in solving the mystery of a fugitive billionaire.

PARADISE LOST---new CW murder mystery tv series with “magical realism overtones".

HATE (A LOVE STORY)---a movie underway based on the controversial Westboro Baptist Church which protested at the funeral of a Marine killed in Iraq whose father was gay with placards that said, "God Hates You" and other incendiary comments.
SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:02 pm

THURSDAY, DECEMBER 7

7 DAYS IN ENTEBBE---trailer released for the movie about the 1976 skyjacking of an Air France airliner by Palestinian terrorists starring Daniel Bruhl and Rosamund Pike.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuTBea8_-LY

YOU WERE NEVER REALLY HERE---trailer released for the movie starring Joaquin Phoenix.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8oYYg75Qvg&t=13s

GAME OF THRONES---Sophie Turner revealed when Season 8 will premiere, "GAME OF THRONES comes out in 2019."

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI---director Rian Johnson confirmed that Carrie Fisher's therapy dog, Gary, appears in THE LAST JEDI as a CGI brown alien creature.
Also, Lucasfilm head Kathleen Kennedy commented on Taika Waititi (THOR: RAGNAROK) possibly directing a future STAR WARS movie, "I would love for him to direct a STAR WARS movie. I think he has exactly the right sensibility. It was very exciting to see him step into the Marvel Universe and do such an amazing job with THOR.”

OCEAN'S 8---photo released for the spinoff movie starring Sandra Bullock, Cate Blanchett, Helena Bonham Carter, Anne Hathaway, Rihanna, Mindy Kaling and Matt Damon.

SHARP OBJECTS---photo released of Amy Adams starring in the HBO movie based on the Gillian Flynn novel.

DETECTIVE PIKACHU---Ryan Reynolds will play Detective Pikachu via motion capture in the Pokemon movie.

THE VOYAGE OF DOCTOR DOLITTLE---Robert Downey, Jr. stars in this movie with Stephen Gaghan as writer/director.

THE TWILIGHT ZONE---CBS All Access ordered a season of the reboot of the classic Rod Serling tv series.

SLAUGHTERHOUSE-FIVE---tv series underway based on the Kurt Vonnegut novel. The 1972 movie version was directed by George Roy Hill (BUTCH CASSIDY AND THE SUNDANCE KID).

X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX---Jessica Chastain said her character is, “an otherworldly shapeshifter who comes into contact with Phoenix.”

JUSTICE LEAGUE---cinematographer Fabian Wagner confirmed that scenes with Superman wearing a black costume were deleted in Joss Whedon's final version of the sequel, "There were [scenes shot]. It’s a cool looking costume. Sadly we didn’t see that either in the final cut. Zack takes his time with telling the stories and I’ve always liked that about his movies. There are a few scenes that I was very much looking forward to seeing which unfortunately got cut."

SEX SCANDALS---the NEW YORK TIMES reported that producer Harvey Weinstein's assistants were not only forced to help him set up meetings with women he could sexually assault, but they were also forced to procure penile injections to help him deal with erectile dysfunction, “...procure it for him, they had to keep it at their desks sometimes, and they had to deliver it to him. Sometimes they even had to clean up the dispensers.” One assistant, Michelle Franklin, was fired after she refused to help Weinstein obtain his penile injections.
Jeffrey Tambor's representative said Tambor hasn't left TRANSPARENT after he earlier said he was leaving the Amazon series after two transgender women formerly associated with the series accused him of sexual harassment.

PATTY HEARST---Elle Fanning is in talks to star in the untitled movie based on the book AMERICAN HEIRESS which is about newspaper heiress Patty Hearst who was kidnapped by the Symbionese Liberation Army in 1974. James Mangold (LOGAN) is the director.

SHAZAM!---Jack Dylan Grazer (IT) will play Freddy, Billy Batson's best friend, in the superhero movie.

BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY---Dexter Fletcher (BAND OF BROTHERS) has replaced fired director Bryan Singer in the Freddie Mercury biomovie.

THE LITTLE MERMAID---Rob Marshall (CHICAGO) is the candidate to direct the Walt Disney Pictures live-action remake movie.

BERLIN STATION---Epix renewed the series for Season 3.
SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:05 pm

FRIDAY, DECEMBER 8

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM---trailer released for the sequel.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn9mMeWcgoM&t=9s

THE TERROR---trailer and photos released for the AMC/Ridley Scott ten-part horror series about the Royal Navy expedition to discover the Northwest Passage.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_A3HYWSDNc

DOCTOR WHO---trailer released for the Christmas Special.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boEQuRWFKj0

STAR TREK---the Quentin Tarantino movie will be-R-rated. The movie's writers room includes Mark L. Smith (THE REVENANT), Lindsey Beer (GODZILLA VS KONG) and Drew Pearce (IRON MAN 3). Smith is considered to be the leader who will co-write the movie with Tarantino.

LETHAL WEAPON 5---director Richard Donner updated the status of the sequel, “As of right now, we are inches away from getting the go-ahead to doing the final five.”
He added, "It’s a story I came up with with Channing Gibson, the writer who wrote 4, and I’m just having to work it out with the studio. If everybody steps up and we all get together, we’ll make it. Mel and Danny are on board. If it doesn’t work out, at least we tried. But there’s a good chance that you’ll see the movie."
Donner criticized said the Blu-ray SUPERMAN: THE MOVIE extended version which is the tv version that is 45 minutes longer than the theatrical movie, "It’s terrible. That was an original assembly; it was nothing more than an assembly. And we cut most of the bad sh*t out. And in good taste, the producers decided… in those days if you sold a picture to television you sold it by length. The longer the film the more money they got."

AMERICAN FILM INSTITUTE--the AFI released its top ten movies and tv series for 2017 (in alphabetical order).

MOVIES
1. THE BIG SICK
2. CALL ME BY YOUR NAME
3. DUNKIRK
4. THE FLORIDA PROJECT
5. GET OUT
6. LADY BIRD
7. THE POST
8. THE SHAPE OF WATER
9. THREE BILLBOARDS OUTSIDE EBBING, MISSOURI
10.WONDER WOMAN

TV
1. BIG LITTLE LIES
2. THE CROWN
3. FEUD: BETTE AND JOAN
4. GAME OF THRONES
5. THE GOOD PLACE
6. THE HANDMAID'S TALE
7. INSECURE
8. MASTER OF NONE
9. STRANGER THINGS 2
10.THIS IS US

AQUAMAN---photo released of Jason Momoa in the starring role.

BATMAN---a source said Ben Affleck's last appearance as Batman will be in FLASHPOINT, the solo Flash movie, and he will not return for the Matt Reeves THE BATMAN. Reeves is supposedly considering Jake Gyllenhaal and others to replace Affleck.

OLD MAN'S WAR---Netflix bought the movie rights to the six-book sci fi series.

X-MEN---if the Walt Disney Company's attempt to buy 20th Century Fox is successful, Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige is, “said to be eager to get his hands on the X-Men Universe”.

SCARY STORIES TO TELL IN THE DARK---Andre Ovredal (TROLLHUNTER) will direct the movie based on the children's books.

IRON SKY: THE ARK---Andy Garcia will play an illuminati billionaire in the latest sci fi comedy sequel which is set in China.

ROSEANNE---Estelle Parsons and Sandra Bernhard will return as guest stars for the reboot series.
SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:02 pm

MONDAY, DECEMBER 11

READY PLAYER ONE---trailer released for the Steven Spielberg movie.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSp1dM2Vj48

ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL---trailer released for the movie.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj8mN_7Apcw

THE WALKING DEAD---trailer released for the next episode.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v84aAaCdn4

STAR WARS---a source said the Obi-Wan Kenobi movie will start filming in January, 2019 at England's Pinewood Studios with Stephen Daldry (BILLY ELLIOT) possibly as the director. Ewan MacGregor has said he would like to return as Obi-Wan Kenobi. The movie's working title is JOSHUA TREE.
Sources also said the shelved Boba Fett movie has been resurrected under the working title TIN CAN. It is not known if director Josh Trank is still attached to the movie.

STAR WARS---Mark Hamill wished Lucasfilm had accepted George Lucas's advice on the new trilogy, “What I wish is that they had been more accepting of his guidance and advice. Because he had an outline for ‘7,’ ‘8,’ and ‘9’. And it is vastly different to what they have done.”

STAR TREK---Patrick Stewart said he would return as Captain Jean-Luc Picard for the Quentin Tarantino movie, “People are always saying to me, ‘Will you be Jean-Luc Picard again?’ And I cannot think that would be possible, but there are ways in which something like that might come about.
But one of my dreams is to work with Tarantino. I admire his work so much, and to be in a Tarantino film would give me so much satisfaction. So, if he is going to direct something to do with Star Trek and there was the possibility of dear old Jean-Luc showing up again and doing that for Mr Tarantino, I would embrace it."

VENOM---Tom Hardy and director Reuben Fleischer said the movie will focus on two comic books. "Lethal Protector" has Venom moving from New York to San Francisco where he and Spider-Man take on the Venom Symbiote offspring: Scream, Phage, Lasher, Agony and Riot. "Planet of the Symbiotes" has Venom, Spider-Man and Scarlet Spider battling a Symbiote invasion of Earth and serial killer Cletus Kasady.

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING 2---Marvel Studios confirmed that Jon Watts (COP CAR) will direct the sequel. Also, a leaked audition tape had a French actress named Louna auditioning for the Gwen Stacy role which led to speculation that Gwen might be a foreign exchange student in the sequel.
Also, writer Anthony McCarten (DARKEST HOUR Winston Churchill biomovie) said he wants to write a Spider-Man movie, "I'd love to get into the Marvel Universe...I guess Spider-Man. I think I can do something interesting with that. I’m not so much into the sort of Green Lanterns and all those minor minor characters. When I grew up on Superman and Batman, you know the more human they are the better."

STUBER---Dave Bautista (GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2) stars in this comedy movie about a detective “who commandeers an unsuspecting Uber driver named Stu into a harrowing evening of hijinks and mayhem.”

THE PHANTOM TOLLBOOTH---movie underway based on the children's boo. Matt Shakman (GAME OF THRONES) is the director.

WELCOME TO NIGHT VALE---FX/Sony Pictures Television tv series underway based on the books and podcast series.

THE WITCHER---Netflix tv series underway based on the Polish comic book and video game.

JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR---Alice Cooper will play King Herod in the NBC live broadcast of the musical.
SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:16 pm

TUESDAY, DECEMBER 12

BRIGHT---new trailer released for the Netflix fantasy movie starring Will Smith.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxL4Fz1Ak7M

THE WALKING DEAD---spoiler alert (see below)

NEWSFLASH---movie underway about the CBS News coverage of the John F. Kennedy assassination. Seth Rogen will play Walter Cronkite. Mark Ruffalo is a candidate to play producer Don Hewitt, and Bryan Cranston might play CBS head Jim Aubrey.

ROBIN HOOD---photo from the reboot movie shows Taron Egerton as Robin Hood and Jamie Foxx as Little John. Jamie Dornan plays Will Scarlet, and Ben Mendelsohn plays the Sheriff of Nottingham.

HIGHLANDER---reboot underway of the 1986 movie that starred Christopher Lambert and Sean Connery. Chad Stahelski (JOHN WICK) is the director. The writers are Andrew Barrer and Gabriel Ferrari (ANT-MAN AND THE WASP).

AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON---Max Landis updated the status of rebooting his father's classic werewolf movie, “Finishing my first draft of An American Werewolf In London today. Took me way longer than usual because every time I opened the Final Draft file my laptop would slam closed under the weight of my father’s expectations.” Landis answered a fan's question about the residents of the village of East Proctor and if they attempted to kill the werewolf or were connected to it in the original movie, “Answering this question and the nature of the village’s role in the plot in the second and third act as of now are the biggest changes I’ve made to the original structure…I always wondered about that Pentagram. Doing some fun stuff.”

CREED 2---Steven Caple, Jr. (THE LAND) will direct the sequel. Tessa Thompson returns as Bianca.

SPONTANEOUS---Katherine Langford (13 REASONS WHY) stars in this movie based on the sci fi novel.

BLOSSOM---Joey Lawrence said a reboot of the NBC sitcom may be underway, “There has been serious talk about it, believe it or not. Mayim [Bialik] and I have both said we’d be into it. We’ve talked to Don Reo about it, who created it. If there’s a way in, then I think we’re all down for it.”
THE WALKING DEAD---Chandler Riggs commented on being told his character, Carl Grimes, was being killed off by showrunner Scott M. Gimple, “I honestly thought he was joking the first time he said it. Scott has a pretty good sense of humor and we joke around a lot. So I thought he was joking. When I realized he wasn’t, it was quite the shocker, because I was really looking forward to the story arc from the comic book with another group, the Whisperers. Carl has a really, really cool interaction with one of the members of that whole group and I was super excited to do that whole story line. But in terms of typecasting and my career, it’s the best move for me."
Chandler's father, William Riggs, commented on Carl being killed off, “Watching Gimple fire my son two weeks before his 18th birthday after telling him they wanted him for the next three years was disappointing. I never trusted Gimple or AMC but Chandler did. I know how much it hurt him. But we do absolutely know how lucky we have been to be a part of it all and appreciate all the love from fans all these years!”

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Sony and Industry Related News