[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Why SACD failed

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:34 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Why SACD failed

Why SACD failed

This forum addresses questions on installation, configuration and troubleshooting you might encounter with your Sony MD/CD/SACD.

Moderator: jttar

by dragon53 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:40 am

dragon53
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by Sterling2 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:21 am

I don't think SACD failed. It's still the defacto medium for high fidelity; and, it's a big library perhaps though with too few multi channel offering and players which will process multi channel
Sterling2
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Danglerb » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:14 pm

Given a choice I think most opt for one of the HD formats that can be downloaded and used as you please such as HDTracks.
Danglerb
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by Sterling2 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:42 am

Multi-channel music from HDtracks? Please show me how. Also, downloads have no trade, swap, or resale value. In addition, storage is problematic. Multi-channel SACD still rules for multitude of reasons; and, it just sounds better than anything else out there. I'm sorry that Sony has abandoned it; but, Sony is a ship lost at sea right now. It's apparent, there's no one leading this once great electronics giant. They've been well poised to lead in portable audio as well as the home audio and theatre arena but have lost so much money in endevors the company has proven it does not understand that it may be just too late for a recovery.
Sterling2
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Return to MD/CD/SACD