[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Hecho en Mexico

Advanced search
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:14 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Hecho en Mexico

Hecho en Mexico

This Forum is questions on any problems you could have with your Sony Televsion set (i.e. Sony Wega grainess problem, cable problems, so forth)

Moderator: jttar

by EarlyAdopter » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:19 pm

SONY's decision to manufacture TVs and other products in Mexico is understandable but might not have been the wisest choice. My COSTCO 32" flatscreen "went south" after only a few months. Yep, it was made across the Rio Grande!

Takata (no connection to SONY) airbags are a whole separate can of worms.

I trust Made in China far more than Made in Mexico. Sorry if this offends anyone but the Mexicans are mostly renowned for their enchiladas and burritos and not their precision Swiss watches or German automobiles. Perhaps they should just stick to textiles, paper mache, ceramics and basket weaving. They do those crafts very well.

I also bought a VCR/DVD combo player/recorder Hecho en Mexico from COSTCO that turned out to be a lemon.

CORRECTION: I just checked the label on my lemon SONY VCR/DVD and it was made in China. My bad!

EarlyAdopter
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

Return to Television Troubleshooting