[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - A Visit to a Crutchfield Store

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:30 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - A Visit to a Crutchfield Store

A Visit to a Crutchfield Store

This section is for discussion on anything that is not related to Sony. Your topic could be political, sports related, about food, or anything else you want to say.

Moderator: jttar

by The-Ish316 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:53 pm

I am actually quite excited to be dropping by a Crutchfield store in my travels. I live in an area where there isn't much for good for Electronics stores (yes, I'm talking to you, Best Buy...). So, when I happened to come across a Crutchfield store (I didn't know they had anything but the online store), I was elated.... but it was closed. :(

So, as I pass by again, I can plan to stop by when they are OPEN! I guess we'll see if the reality matches up with their legend. :)

STR-DA4ES, Bravia KDL-52XBR9, DVP-NC600, BDP-S1, Athena AS-F2 fronts, AS-C1 center, CSW Surrounds; ChannelMaster DVR+, Sony HDR-SR12, TC-WR6655S
The-Ish316
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by jttar » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:55 pm

Hey The-Ish316, good to hear from you!

Kind of disappointing that Crutchfield wasn't open when you found them. Was the store in Connecticut ?
Looking forward to reading about your experience there when you make it during store hours.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by The-Ish316 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:41 pm

Joe,
They have two brick and mortar store locations, both in Virginia. One in Harrisonburg and another in Charlottesville. Harrisonburg's location happens to be just off of I-81 which my wife and I were traveling on last week and will be again next week. I will certainly report back here once I wipe the drool off and come back to my senses.

STR-DA4ES, Bravia KDL-52XBR9, DVP-NC600, BDP-S1, Athena AS-F2 fronts, AS-C1 center, CSW Surrounds; ChannelMaster DVR+, Sony HDR-SR12, TC-WR6655S
The-Ish316
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by The-Ish316 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:25 pm

My excursion to Crutchfield in Harrisonburg, VA was very enjoyable. I was greeted, not assaulted, by a young man asking if I needed any help finding anything. I shared with him that I just was dropping in because I wanted to see the brick & mortar version of the online store since I was passing through.

The storefront and its interiors is dated and unassuming. The sales rep that I encountered first stayed attended to my interests and questions throughout my 1 hour visit. They were not very busy at 4 in the afternoon and we had a good dialogue about camcorders, headphones, speakers, subwoofers, receivers and calibration tools.

He quickly pointed out to me at the start of our conversation that the Charlottesville, VA store had recently been remodeled and is their flagship store. It has the latest displays and much larger floorplan. That didn’t matter to me, since I just wanted to see a place that had Sony ES gear and other really top notch equipment and see if their "in-person" customer service was as good as their online reputation.

When I headed over to the headphones I was trying to remember the newer Sony ones that CNET recently (relatively) reviewed with great accolades. He ferreted out that I was asking about the Sony MDR-1A headphones. He asked me what I wanted to listen to and queued up Alan Parsons albums on his own phone for me to sample. I like Parson for demos since I’m familiar with his work, he demands exceptional recordings and he has a wide variety of genre types from which I could test the headphones. The headphones were comfortable and my guide gave me space to just listen without him standing over me.

At each topic I would bring up, the sales rep competently spoke to me about the subject matter and never once sounded condescending or phony. It was honestly the best experience I’ve had in an electronics retail store. If you are ever near one of the two stores, don’t pass up the opportunity to visit Crutchfield.

The-Ish316
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by jttar » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:54 pm

Thank you so much for the review The-ish316. A polar opposite to the Best Buy shopping experience. I'll bet it was a fast hour you spent there. So refreshing to hear about a sales person who knew what they were talking about and wasn't jumping on you every time you stopped to look at something. I have always enjoyed their on line store and it sounds like the brick and mortar store is just an extension of that experience.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by The-Ish316 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:49 am

My only complaint about the store was the heavy application of the time dilation effect they use. I thought it was only 5 minutes that I was there. You know, I could have done a whole lot more shopping and investigation if I had 10 minutes there. ;)

The-Ish316
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by Serial1990 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:22 pm

It is glad to read about your experience there .

Guten Kaufs macht den Beutel leer.
Serial1990
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Return to Off-topic