[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - KDL-40X2000 - move image 2 pixels to the right?

Advanced search
It is currently Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:43 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - KDL-40X2000 - move image 2 pixels to the right?

KDL-40X2000 - move image 2 pixels to the right?

This forum is geared towards fine-tuning your Sony television settings. If you have troubles or just simple questions about optimizing your picture, check out this forum. Feel free to add your suggestions to the manuals.

Moderator: jttar

by Azz123 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:53 pm

Hi All.
I'm a first time poster having come across this site trying to fix my little issue with my X2000's picture.
In short, Ive a HTPC connected to the set via HDMI.
PC is set at 1080p 50Hz to match playback of Australian TV.
TV is set to Full Pixel Mode.

On the right hand side of the screen I get basically a white line - sometimes it runs full length, other times it's the middle 3rd of the screen.
If I change Display area back to Normal the problem goes away however I then have an overscan problem with my windows desktop.

Effectively if I could move the whole picture 2-3 pixels towards the right, I think that the problem would be sorted.

If anyone can forward me a copy of the PAL service manual it would be much appreciated and any tips on what setting needs to be adjsuted would be VERY well received!!

Oh, and I can't run powerstrip as from what Ive read the Intel X4500 chipset is not supported.

Thanks in advance for any replies, and best wishes to all for a safe and happy Festive Season.
Azz123
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jehill » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:48 pm

Welcome to Agoraquest!  I am confident that there is a service mode horizontal position setting, but I have no idea where to find it.  The service manual tells you how to get into the service mode, but not how to find the setting that you are looking for.

jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by Azz123 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:49 pm

Hi John.
Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Yes, I'd found my way into the service menu and I think that Ive scrolled through near every setting looking for anything logical that will get my issue sorted.

Ive not been able to find H_CENT, HPOS, or HOVERSCN which would be the applicable for the likes of the older XBR2's and was the setting for an old KVHX CRT I had some years ago.

If anyone does know the setting I'd be very greatful!

Happy Holdiays and be safe everyone.

Aaron
Azz123
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by zunixaani » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:52 am

Welcome to Agoraquest! I suspect that resetting the service menu will reset the settings associated with optical block calibration, which is performed in the factory. You don't want to do that! Have you tried unplugging the power cord after the fans have stopped to see if restarting the set will correct the problem?
Lily lara
zunixaani
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Return to Television Configuration