[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - Request service manual for BDP-BX58

Advanced search
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:07 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Request service manual for BDP-BX58

Request service manual for BDP-BX58

This forum addresses the need for Sony instruction or service manuals. This is where you can request or display any Sony instruction/service manual. For the next week, related manual topics will be moving over to this forum location.

Moderator: jttar

by crayzkirk » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:02 am

Anyone have a service manual or parts list for a Sony DBP-BX58. Specifically, IC101 on the power supply with part number 1-474-265-12.

Thank you!

Kirk S.
crayzkirk
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by jehill » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:58 am

jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by crayzkirk » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:33 pm

Thank you. I found a service manual however it has a little note in it that says: not all parts on the Switching Regulator are included in the parts list. No board diagram, no schematic, no IC 101 which is the regulator for the board. I cleaned off the board however I cannot see any part number on the IC. It is an SOIC-8 package and is most certainly the regulator for the supply. The fuse is not blown. I suspect a power surge took it out along with my dvd changer. They were connected to a cheap power strip that was plugged in and turned off. I should know better than to expect a $5 power strip to protect anything more expensive that itself.

At least I think it is the switching regulator board, the surge could have taken out the controller on the main board which, I'm sure is more expensive than a new player at Costco. Should probably check the outputs before I invest any more money. I found a replacement supply however the regulator IC would be much cheaper to replace. Some of the typical repair places stock them for about $35 which again, is getting close to half the price of a new player.

Kirk S.

P.S. forgot I had a high power magnifier... Part is AN-6754ML which just happens to be illegal to ship to the US because of patent infringement. Perfect! I guess I had better start checking the startup circuit diode and resistor to be sure they are ok.
crayzkirk
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by crayzkirk » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:51 am

Unable to get request URL to post; response with an error occured, please contact administrator...

Anyway, anyone have the software which is required when swapping out a drive? I have a player with a bad drive (at least I think so) and the manual states that the code needs to be updated using the service mode and this software: BDPRdec_v200.

Thanks in advance...

Kirk S.
crayzkirk
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Opus777 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:22 pm

I have that manual, do you still need it?
Opus777
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Return to Instruction and Service Manuals