[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Picked up a DVP-NC555ES

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:32 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Picked up a DVP-NC555ES

Picked up a DVP-NC555ES

This forum addresses questions on installation, configuration and troubleshooting you might encounter with your Sony MD/CD/SACD.

Moderator: jttar

by RickeyM » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:10 pm

I picked up a DVP-NC555ES and I'm posting about it in this forum because it's main use will be CD & SACD playback. I still have my much modded DVP-S7000, but it doesn't have SACD capability.  I selected this unit because it had a very reasonable cost for an ES series component with SACD capability. Those Sony CD/SACD units are still in big demand and still expensive.
I opened it up and saw a few similarities to my DVP-S7000. They both have separate audio circuit boards and power supplies for the analog section. They both are very well built and heavy. The DVP-NC555ES has the benefit of already having high grade capacitors in stock form, but there are things that can be upgraded for even better performance. It'll be fun to hear just how good the 'NC555ES gets after a little tweaking.

If anybody's interested, I can post a gut shot later.
RickeyM
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by RickeyM » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:51 am

Here are some pics of the inside.

Here's the stock nickel plated IEC inlet. That'll be the first thing to go. Next to get attention will be those power leads (the red & white wires).
Now where did I put that solder wick

RickeyM
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by RickeyM » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:48 am

A couple of mods in progress.

Already equipped with Elna & Nichicon caps. This player has bypass caps on the Elna output coupling caps, stock!

RickeyM
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by RickeyM » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:55 am

The stock plug on the A/C is not used. The bare wire is pushed down directly on the circuit board pins. A little trick I picked up from modding my DVP-S7000.

Furutech gold, much better than the stock IEC socket.

RickeyM
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

Return to MD/CD/SACD