[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - KDF-50e2010 won't turn on after service menu

Advanced search
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:25 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - KDF-50e2010 won't turn on after service menu

KDF-50e2010 won't turn on after service menu

This Forum is questions on any problems you could have with your Sony Televsion set (i.e. Sony Wega grainess problem, cable problems, so forth)

Moderator: jttar

by Ringo72 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:40 am

SONY Bravia KDF-50E2010  
Need help please!!
I recently made some adjustments to the service menu, basically altered the fansetting (all 3 of them) I set the values to "0" hoping that the TVwill come on a bit faster than the 3 seconds it use to take. But now the tvwon't operate.
Everytime I turn on the stanby switch it blinks green about 8 times then thefan light comes on solid red, then the stand by blinks 3 times green with ared.
When turn it it on I hear a click and feel the fan starting then after 3seconds it clicks again and it shuts of displaying the blinking led lightsmentioned above.
How can I get it to turn on so that I can set back the fan values which I wrotedown before changing.
I really don't want to get rid of this TV I really love the picture and sound.
Many thanks fort any valuable information.

Ringo72
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jehill » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:21 am

Welcome to Agoraquest!  If you can still get into the service menu, restore the original set-points.  If not, I would try unplugging the set for at least 30 seconds, plugging it back in and trying to turn it on.   What to you mean by "come on"?  Are you talking about the power light coming on solid green?  To me, the set is not "on" until the lamp is lit and there is a picture.  It should take a lot longer than 3 seconds for that to happen.  The closest that I have to the KDF-50E2010 service manual is the US model KDF-42E2000 service manual.  US models do not have a separate fan light.  You are not seeing an error message unless you see n red blinks, pause, n red blinks, etc. of the standby light, where n is the error code.  In the US, 2 blinks means "Temp error" and 4 blinks means "Fan error".
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by mbt_junkyard » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:40 am

I think that you put the settings for the fan speed such low that they don't rotate any more, which is detected by the microprocessor which switches off the set then.

The first 8 or so blinks are the "normal" blinks during the startup phase, when the lamp is ignited. But now the error signal of the (not rotating) fans will instruct the microprocessor to shut down.

If you are able to take some voltage measurement readings with a multimeter, I can guide you to "trick" the microprocessor so that the set stays on, even with no fan rotation detected.
Can you indicate if you can do such measurements?

I do have the Service Manual, but unfortunately I do have some problems with FTP-uploads now. I'll reïnstall WinSCP tomorrow and retry to post the manual then and I uploaded it here.

@jehill: I'll send you a list with all schematics I have, maybe it can of use for you to help others.

mbt_junkyard
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by jehill » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:41 am

That would be great!
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by Ringo72 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:41 am

I did unplugged a waited overnight to see if would reset but it does not. Everytime I plug it in, the standby light switches on as normal and stays solid green and relays make the usual sound but then after 5 seconds it goes to "fault" 3 red blinks on the standby light and a solid red fan light.
Ringo72
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Ringo72 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:58 am

Hello everyone!! I want to thank you all for the help and valuable advice. After checking it seems that the problem could be a blown lamp, as the fans do start when turning on the TV, it makes all the normal sound relays cliking and fan does turn on at the beggining. Then I get the fault "3 green blinks followed by a solid red led Lamp/fan light.
I took the lamp to inspect it and it does seem ok, (no obvious cracks or cloudy element) is there a way to test it by means of a multimeter?
I would hate to buy a new lamp and find out that it isn't the problem.
Any advice?
Thanks.
Ringo72
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Return to Television Troubleshooting