[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - OPCAR Home Theater

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:29 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - OPCAR Home Theater

OPCAR Home Theater

Section where you can upload your Home Theater pictures and discuss them with other members.

Moderator: jttar

by mykyll2727 » Wed May 23, 2012 6:24 pm

Hi Danijel_Getting both a pair of new speakers and a pair of new subs is just more than the poor old bankbook can handle right now. There are many factors which place a priority on the mains right now like price, availablity, and that my system really has reached a point where a mains upgrade is in order. It may be awhile but I'll eventually do the sub upgrade too. It'd be really nice if at that time I could get my hands on a pair of X900s!_mykl
mykyll2727
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by mykyll2727 » Sun May 27, 2012 8:05 am

Oh man. How ironic!!! Yesterday a seller on eBay posted, now get this, four black NIB US version SA-WX900s for $269.00 each!!!!!! Plus free shipping to CONUS The listing was for 29 days. Before I could get to him about two, he had sold them all.Oh well. Those are the breaks._mykl

mykyll2727
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by RideTheSolarWinds » Mon May 28, 2012 12:48 am

Are you serious?!!! Oh man that is too good to be true!

I would have purchased 2 in a heartbeat. :'(
RideTheSolarWinds
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by mykyll2727 » Mon May 28, 2012 5:27 am

Tell me about it! I could get two for under $600 NIB delivered!!!? I couldn't believe it. That's less than a single sub would cost for any that I've been considering. At first I thought there was some sort of mistake. So I checked the ad. Found out about the listing late and while I was checking it the 4th sold.

Check it out.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/221034684923?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Oh well. Maybe it means I won't need subs with my new mains or if I will that when I'm really ready I'll find something better suited to my desires. Got my fingers Xed that that's what it means anyway._mykl

mykyll2727
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by mhedges » Wed May 30, 2012 5:56 pm

Really nice!
mhedges
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by OPCAR » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:07 am

On 2012-05-30 21:56, mhedges wrote:
Really nice!

Mhedges,

thank you very much, if your comment was regarding my home system(s).

Best regards,
Danijel

OPCAR
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by mykyll2727 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:05 am

Danijel_I've never had the pleasure of hearing the X series speakers. I would truly love to though. Similar to you I've heard all of the Kseries and owned all but the K70EDs. I was wondering if you've heard the K90EDs or any of the K series and if so how you compare the two series._mykl
mykyll2727
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by OPCAR » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:59 pm

On 2012-06-01 10:05, mykyll2727 wrote:
Danijel_I've never had the pleasure of hearing the X series speakers. I would truly love to though. Similar to you I've heard all of the Kseries and owned all but the K70EDs. I was wondering if you've heard the K90EDs or any of the K series and if so how you compare the two series._mykl

Hi Mike,

well, you can come by anytime for some quality time, some beer and some great music on my systems  ;-). That way you would have the pleasure of hearing the X series speakers in person. Trust me, you wouldn't be disappointed.

I had the SS-K10EDs in my systems, two in bedroom and two in working room, before they were replaced by the SS-X30EDs. At one time I had 3 pairs of K10EDs.

In Europe, only K10EDs were available, and they were different from the K10EDs for the US market in that that their finish were piano black and I've heard that they were sonically upgraded (stiffer bracing and better damping of the box and upgraded x-overs).

So I can't make the direct comparison between the two series, although I would say that speakers from both series were the best value and sound quality for the money.

here are few pics of my systems with K10EDs:

regards,
Danijel

-----------------
2x STR-DA7100ES, 2x DVP-NS9100ES, 2x SS-X90ED, 7x SS-X70ED, 1x SS-CNX70, 4x SS-X30ED, 1x SA-WX900, 1x SA-WX700, ....

OPCAR
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by mykyll2727 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:35 am

Danijel_Thanks for the VERY kind and gracious offer sir. Hopefully some day I can take you up on it. Believe me, if I ever make it to Europe I'll make it a point to stop by!!!!

I have the same understanding about the upgrades to the K10EDs. I had forgot about that. I have to say I really wish they had made the K90EDs in piano black for the US. But then pricing probably would've been higher and I doubt if I had some I'd ever get rid of them. They'd have to pry them from my cold dead fingers. In the end I think my new fronts will be better suited to me and that I'll be happier with them over my K90EDs. That was a VERY difficult thing to find within anything close to my budget BTW. I mean VERY difficult!!!

The new speakers had to bring a significant improvement in performance in the areas I wanted. They had to have the detail, air, delicacy, extension, and the natural tonal qualities I wanted in the highs. The ribbon tweeters of the new speaks bring that. When compared to the K90EDs they needed to do the following. At least as good midrange performance. I think this is where the K90s most excel. The soundstage had to be at least as wide and hopefully even deeper with no loss of imaging. They had to have significantly better dynamics. The bass performance was where I was most demanding. They needed power, weight, detail, natural tonality and tightness with full range extension. I'm talking fairly flat down to about 30Hz. All of this with a non-fatiguing presentation. Then they needed to come in a package I could happily live with for the rest of my life and all at a price I could afford. A TALL order that I never thought I'd find. For me they needed to do all that to be a worthwhile choice over my K90/sub combos that I'm using now. These new speakers are pretty much just that. I'm still truly amazed they even existed let alone that I'm able to get them.

When I get everything all setup I extend the same offer to you sir that you extended to me. I would be honored to have you come by, have a listen and some beers, and tell me what you think._mykl
mykyll2727
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by mykyll2727 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:51 am

Danijel_BTW Thanks for the pics!!

In case you're interested here's some links of the speakers I'm talking about.
I'll be getting mine from here.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110600661004?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649  

http://avforum.no/forum/attachments/klubb-entusiasttrader/64470d1271772296-swans-offisiell-trad-swansss.jpg 

http://www.hivi.com/uploadfiless/20116875220354.jpg 

This from an internet friend and fellow owner.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=857183&page=106 

_mykl
mykyll2727
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to Home Theater Gallery