[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - My Sony system ... redux

Advanced search
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:58 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - My Sony system ... redux

My Sony system ... redux

Section where you can upload your Home Theater pictures and discuss them with other members.

Moderator: jttar

by Reinhart » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:04 pm

Another update.

VCRs and LaserDisc player are going to be replaced.

The SVO-160 with an SLV-R1000 and the SL-2710 with an SL-HF750.

The Pioneer CLD-59 with a CLD-79.

Pictures in about a couple of weeks....
Reinhart
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by Reinhart » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:52 am

Well, I've got the new equipment and here they are.

First, the LaserDisc player, which is a Pioneer CLD-79.  This was an eBay purchase with the item sold as-is due to problems.

Easy to fix.  The problem was due to spindle slip, which is a common occurrence with Pioneer players using this chassis.

And the two VCRs.

A Sony SLV-R1000 Super VHS deck and a Sony SL-HF750 SuperBeta hi-fi deck.

The SLV-R1000 was an eBay purchase, sold as-is due to problems.  This deck required quite a bit of repairs.  The tape path badly needed cleaning and it didn't help that whoever originally owned it was a smoker.  There were also quite a few bad caps throughout the deck, including the power supply.  And, finally, I had to get a new capstan motor for it as the old one was worn out.

But now, it works very well and has some of the best picture quality I've seen for VHS and Super VHS.

The SL-HF750 was a trade/purchase from a vendor specializing in Betamax.  I traded a non-functional SL-HF2000 and an SL-HF900 requiring TLC for this unit.  I used to own an SL-HF750, but had to trade down to an SL-HF400 because the video heads in my first 750 were badly worn and replacement are darn near impossible to find.  About ten years later and I am now a proud owner of my second 750 and I just LOVE this machine.

Oh, and for anyone wondering who this vendor is, I am happy to say that it's MisterBetamax.

www.misterbetamax.com

Definitely go there if you need to buy a fully refurbished Beta deck or if you have a deck that needs work to get it back in tip-top shape or if you just want to see some FANTASTIC information about Betamax.

He will also accept trades for credit towards the purchase of a refurbished deck.  This guy REALLY knows his stuff and I recommend his goods and services wholeheartedly.

My 750 came with a reproduction of the original instruction manual, the remote control with batteries as well as a set of cables and a test tape with tone and bars that were recorded on the deck he is selling to you to prove that the VCR was in fully working shape when it left his hands.

Anyhoo, here's the pictures of the decks.

Reinhart
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by Reinhart » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:54 pm

I replaced my DVD player from a Sony DVP-S7700 to a Denon DVD-2200.

With the change, I have gotten a player that's more reliable with recordable DVDs, has no-pause layer changes for most discs as well as adding SACD and DVD-Audio capability to my system.
Reinhart
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

Previous

Return to Home Theater Gallery