[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - Well I've Done it! Mav's Power Conditioners

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:57 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Well I've Done it! Mav's Power Conditioners

Well I've Done it! Mav's Power Conditioners

This forum is where you can give tips or talk about building your own stuff

Moderator: jttar

by Maxxwire » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:37 am

Employing a highly effective Line Conditioner like Mav's 3.1 is essential considering that everything we see and hear from our A/V Systems was once raw AC Power coming from the wall outlet.

~Maxx~  

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by dontsleep33 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:29 pm

Question.Are these passive line conditioners with no automatic voltage control?
They look great.If they are passive what do they use?Capacitors and ferrite chokes inside?I'm sure he doesn't want to give the whole secret away but I would like to know what it's doing and how?
dontsleep33
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by Maxxwire » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:59 pm

dontsleep- You're right Mav built some excellent line conditioners in the Mav 3.1. Since you are currently working on your own line conditioning project you will probably get a hold of Maverick quicker by sending him an IM also because he has never fully divulged the circuitry and parts he used in the Mav 3.1 in public.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by dontsleep33 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:40 pm

Thank you Maxx.Is there a website with the price available or is it discontinued?
dontsleep33
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by Maxxwire » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:42 pm

dontsleep- I think that Maverick only made 3 of the Mav's 3.1 Line Conditioners, but he may reveal to you privately how he got them to work so fantastically although I would suggest Pure Copper plugs instead of the Phosphor Bronze ones that he used.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by maverick11359 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:37 am

Hi Guys, Just a quick G'day and short update from down under.
The two mav3.1 power conditioners 8 years old in my system are still in every day use and still rocking along .
I've personally delved into the world of multiple zones of music in my old homestead using the two extra zones from the Integra processor .
It's given my beloved STRVA333ES a new home in a different room for controlling the new areas .This all came about because I recently updated my audio room and replaced the two old Sansui subwoofers with two brilliant SVS SB12NSD's .Which then meant I could use the old subys in two different new areas .....So I installed 4 flush ceiling speakers in my rumpus/family room and two small outside monitor speakers under the eves outside . One suby sits in the rumpus room and the other outside in the pergola .... I'm also now in the world of streaming music via V tuner and Aupeo Radio through my entire house ,which sounds pretty good . I found using V-tuner some of the radio stations have a good mp3 quality for free ,while others on V-Tuner don't.. Anyway the good news is that I am getting the most out of my Integra dhc 80.3 and also my old STR-VA333ES again. What do they say "what's old is new again" anyway I'm having lots of fun. cheers from down under ..Mav.
Last edited by maverick11359 on Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
maverick11359
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by jttar » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:38 pm

Rick! So good to see you on the forum. Really appreciate you sharing your system(s) updates. You have been a busy boy. Excited to hear that you're running a pair of SVS subs. I am still running my SVS sub and love it. Happy that your 333ES is still performing after all these years. Always good to hear from you. My best guess is Mike W. is still using your third power conditioner in Las Vegas.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by maverick11359 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:08 am

G'day joe,
Love my new SVS subys, bought one and had to have another . I had fun trying to match my first suby though it was 2 pac piano finished in high gloss black . Aparently they stopped manu. and selling that model in the piano black finish so I bought one in the flat black plastic finish to match audio wise. Then when it came ,I took the plastic finished SVS too a local custom motor bike spray painter and he pulled the plastic off and painted it in black high gloss 2 pac . It looks fantastic with mirror black image probably better than the number one suby I bought.

I'm sitting typing this with Jazzradio-smooth lounge playing my Jazz amor music in the back ground sounding better than my cd . I'm in heaven .LOL. ..mmm I've discovered digital Jazz uninterrupted with no breaks and no commercials . what more can an old guy ask for..!!
maverick11359
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by mykyll2727 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:36 pm

Mav and Joe,
Hi guys, I'm still the proud owner of the only N.American version 3.1 and I assure you both it's alive and kicking. It's still in continuous use in my system and working great as it has been from day one. Has it really been 8yrs? Man time is flying by WAY too fast.

The ver best to you both,Mykl
mykyll2727
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by jttar » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:44 pm

Mykyll!! So glad ya stopped by and gave us a shout. Time is flying my friend---we must be having fun, ha. Send me a PM sometime so we can play catch up.
Regards --- Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Do It Yourself Home Theater