[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Trying to connect MacBook Pro to KDL-32BX300

Advanced search
It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:01 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Trying to connect MacBook Pro to KDL-32BX300

Trying to connect MacBook Pro to KDL-32BX300

This forum addresses questions on any installation problems you might encounter with your Sony television (i.e. How to install, what wires go where, etc.)

Moderator: jttar

by haolepino818 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:00 pm

I have an adapter: mini-displayport to HDMI.  I connect it to the HDMI 1 input on the tv then connect a 3.5mm audio cable from my headphone jack off my mac to the PC/HDMI 1 (audio in) on the back of the tv according to the manual.  My Mac doesn't support audio through the mini-display port.  Now, I get video but not audio.  The thing is, when I disconnect the HDMI cable, the picture of course goes out but the audio begins to work.  When I plug the HDMI cable back in, picture comes back but audio goes away.  I know for a fact that this set up works cause I used it with another tv but the tv had an option to change the audio setting on the HDMI input from digital to analog.  I can't find that anywhere on this tv.  Any suggestions?
haolepino818
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by haolepino818 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:23 am

Damn, no suggestions huh? I'll just assume the best bet for this Sony model would be to just go through the analog way and get a miniDP to VGA for my Macbook....
haolepino818
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by bloodturd » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:40 pm

I just purchased the KDL-46EX500 and have the exact same issue trying to connect a desktop to this TV. When I had the desktop connected to the TV with a DVI to HDMI cable plugged into the Sony's HDMI 1 port, the TV would not play audio output from the computer connected by a male to male 3.5mm cable, but would start playing the sound once the DVI-HDMI cable was disconnected. What gives? The port on the back of the TV even suggests it should work (3.5mm audio IN says it's for the PC or HDMI 1 connections).

My only option was to use a VGA cable which works concurrently with the 3.5mm jack just fine, but won't output a resolution higher than 1600x900. The picture as a result is too fuzzy to comfortably use for a computer. Really going to make me regret purchasing this TV compared to another brand, so much for Sony's superior brand name quality... I would have expected them to see this situation coming and made sure the audio works.
bloodturd
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Return to Television Installation