[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Anyone know how to debrand a W810i?

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:12 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Anyone know how to debrand a W810i?

Anyone know how to debrand a W810i?

This Forum is geared towards Sony Ericsson (troubleshooting, optimizing, phone plans, upgrades, new features)

Moderator: jttar

by tomcat_fan » Sun May 24, 2009 10:53 am

I have a Canadian (Rogers) W810, and have found tons of ways to debrand it but it's almost too much information at once, because of the risk involved I'm hoping to find a guide specifically for my phone in my country..  Has anyone here debranded a W810 successfully? I bought it used so the warranty with my carrier, if there was one, if likely done anyway.
tomcat_fan
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by jttar » Tue May 26, 2009 7:40 pm

tomcat_fan,

Check out THIS site on how to debrand your W810.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by tomcat_fan » Wed May 27, 2009 11:03 am

Are you fairly familiar with how it works jttar? Hope so, I have a couple quick questions if you are:

It's a UK based page, looks like all UK/Aus content. My phone's C:49 so it's technically the correct version for the unlock/debrand, should I care about what country it's in or I'm from? IE: Is the C:49 the only thing to be concerned with?

If I remove my SIM first and then put it back in once the process is finished my phone will connect automatically to the Rogers network as normal, right?

Thanks

tomcat_fan
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by tomcat_fan » Wed May 27, 2009 3:59 pm

Thanks for the lin jttar, but when I asked about my phone on that thread, they banned me for "Ads, Spam, Referral or Self Promotion"... I asked about tips for de-branding my 810 on a forum section about unlocking/debranding a w810i and they ban me?? Wow. Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see how that is any of the 4 things they banned me for violating.
tomcat_fan
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by jttar » Wed May 27, 2009 7:35 pm

tomcat_fan,

Sorry to say that I am not familiar with how itr works. I found that site doing a search while trying to help you with debranding your W810i.

It is ridiculous that you were banned from their forum for asking about how to de-brand your 810 on their site. If I can find another site for you to try I will post it here to this thread.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by tomcat_fan » Thu May 28, 2009 6:38 am

Ahh thanks. You can check the post if you want, I have no idea what I did wrong. Appreciate the help so far, thanks a lot.
tomcat_fan
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

Return to Sony Ericsson