[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Line Doublers and WEGAs

Advanced search
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:14 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Line Doublers and WEGAs

Line Doublers and WEGAs

This Forum is for any other questions you might have and for discussions on the latest Sony television news.

Moderator: jttar

by deno » Wed Sep 26, 2001 6:09 am

Are Line doublers worth it? I have a KV36FV16 modle; a little older and lower end than the XBR's, but it is suppose to be sweet.

The 36" screen simply makes bad picture quality worse. Will my DBS source (Dish Network) be improved by using a line doubler? How much are they?

Thanks
deno
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by claudio » Wed Sep 26, 2001 7:35 pm

I don't know if line doublers are worth it due to it's high cost. With the XBR you don't need the line doubler.

There are line doubler like The iScan Plus. But the cost ranges, I would say the cost is from $400 to $2000. With that you can invest or have almost enough for another Wega.
Founder
Agoraquest
claudio
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by ciper » Thu Sep 27, 2001 11:57 am

Well you will not be able to use a line doubler with your tv, since it doesnt support one. The fv and fs series of wega are still just a normal tv. They have a flat screen and such but the scanlines are still there. Basically you are literally getting HALF as much picture as you would with an xbr set. The xbr450 does have an internal line doubler so one isnt necessarily needed, although its not a good replacement for a device that has a true progressive output.
ciper
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

Return to Television Misc and News