[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Using my Lt25E as a tv for my PS3

Advanced search
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:08 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Using my Lt25E as a tv for my PS3

Using my Lt25E as a tv for my PS3

This forum is geared towards fine-tuning your Sony computer settings. If you have troubles or just simple questions about optimizing your computer settings, check out this forum. Feel free to add your suggestions to the manuals..

Moderator: jttar

by coolborder » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:52 pm

Ok, so I've been trying to use my new Sony Vaio Lt25E desktop PC/TV all-in-one (ot whatever the hell you call it) to play my PS3 on. I'm using one of the old GameStop branded system selectors. I figured I could just hook my ps3 up to that like I always do and then plug the antenna connection into my Vaio. Problem, Windows Media Center doesn't recognize it as an,..... well it doesn't recognize it as anything. I tuned it to the correct channel but I only get sound that cuts out every few seconds and no picture. I tried changing the Media Center TV settings to Cable and Satellite and everything but nothing worked. I'm going back to my appartment to try it with an S-video cable in the hopes that it might fair better but I was really counting on being able to play my games on it as a TV so that I wouldn't have to go buy a seperate TV. Can anyone help me? Is there a new driver that I have to download (that is what Sony support told me,.... I think, he had a horrible accent and didn't seem to understand what I was trying to do). The only problem with a downloading things is that I won't have internet in my appartment until college starts in a couple of weeks. If anyone knows how I can fix this problem please let me know.
coolborder
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jttar » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:59 pm

coolborder,

Greetings and welcome!

Sorry to say that I don't have an answer for you as I am not familiar with PS3 systems.  You might increase your chances of getting one if you post the same question in the PS3 section of the forum HERE.

Best of luck,

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by JohnE52T » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:01 pm

Hi Coolborder, This is John E52T from Sony.

I have a couple of questions first. What input type are you using from the PS3 to the Computer?

If you are using composite setup a manual connection with cable using the PS3 as your set top box. This has worked many times before for me.

John
JohnE52T
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

by coolborder » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:34 pm

Ok, I'll probably repost this in the PS3 section to see if anyone there knows but I think its more of a problem with Windows Media Center not detecting it. I'm trying to hook up my PS3 through a system selector similar to this one http://www.amazon.com/Universal-System-Selector-Modulator-5-WAY/dp/B000246UMQ only mine is the GameStop branded Pelican version (shouldn't make a difference). I always used this with my old tv before it died. I hook the red, white, and yellow cables of the PS3 in the back and then run an antenna cable to my computer. I don't have cable or internet at my apartment yet. I'm probably going to be getting Comcast in which case I think I could do what JohnE52T suggests only I want to use my system selector because I have 4 other systems that I want to be able to play as well. Once I get internet in my apartment I'll take some pictures to help explain what I'm trying to do and how I'm trying to do it.
coolborder
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Return to Computers Configuration