[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - Help With CDP-X707ES Cd Player

Advanced search
It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:32 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Help With CDP-X707ES Cd Player

Help With CDP-X707ES Cd Player

This forum addresses questions on installation, configuration and troubleshooting you might encounter with your Sony MD/CD/SACD.

Moderator: jttar

by bradster56 » Sat May 26, 2007 5:18 pm

My Sony X707ES Cd player has served me well since 1993..The drawer opens fine but only closes slightly when you press the open/close button..a little nudge completes the closing..i would like to get that fixed plus i'm sure there are upgrades that would really make this fine player sing..power cord replacement etc. Does anyone know who is doing work on these players currently as i'm sure Sony no longer works on these "ancient" units..TIA!

bradster56
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by jehill » Sun May 27, 2007 10:16 am

Welcome to Agoraquest!  It sounds like a mirco-switch may need adjustement.  If your are bold, open up the unit and take a look!  Maybe the problem will be obvious.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by RickeyM » Sun May 27, 2007 12:27 pm

Welcome to Agoraquest bradster56 !

jehill, is it possible that the drawer on his CDP needs a little lubrication? Maybe after 14yrs, it needs a dab or two of whatever grease that's used in there?

bradster56, are you up for doing any mods yourself? Figure out how much you want to spend for upgrades. Simple mods like op-amp and capacitor replacements aren't thay hard. Doing the easy mods yourself saves you BIGTIME . Much better parts have come along since your X707ES was made.

Many members here have found very worthwhile improvements with A/C plug and power cord upgrades. Does you unit have a detachable power cord?
RickeyM
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by bradster56 » Sun May 27, 2007 1:29 pm

Thanks..nice to be onboard I don't do mods unless it just plugs right in..Too many thumbs! LOL! Power cord is not detachable (at least not from the outside) i've never opened the unit and i would think it's an early manufacture based on a serial # of 800128...rail lubrication intrigues me..what would the lube be? Regards,Brad
bradster56
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by RickeyM » Sun May 27, 2007 1:59 pm

On 2007-05-27 17:29, bradster56 wrote:
 I don't do mods unless it just plugs right in..Too many thumbs! LOL! 

Funny you should say that. Pretty soon someone will probably chime in on how replacing just the plug on a captive powercord made the associated component perform better .
RickeyM
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by bradster56 » Sun May 27, 2007 2:12 pm

I am a firm believer regarding equipment tweaks..anti-vibration pods,line conditioners,hospital grade plugs,Bedini cd clarifier etc. BTW the drawer works perfectly via the remote so me thinks the problem lies with the open/close button.
bradster56
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Maxxwire » Sun May 27, 2007 8:24 pm

Brad- Have you tried using a Hospital Geade Plug on the captured cord of your CD Player?

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by bradster56 » Mon May 28, 2007 11:43 am

I have not changed the original plug...is that the 1st avenue i should travel down? I have the Sony plugged into a Powerwedge line conditioner and the wedge is plugged into a PS Audio HQ cyrogenically (sp) treated recepticle.
bradster56
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by RickeyM » Tue May 29, 2007 6:09 am

I say go for the new plug as a first step. You'll get an improvement in sound, even from a simple upgrade like just replacing the stock molded plug. Later on, if you upgrade the power cord, you already have a good plug for it .

I'm not familiar with what a/c plug they use on Powerwedges. Might this be another oportunity for improved a/c power delivery? 

RickeyM
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by Maxxwire » Tue May 29, 2007 8:20 pm

On 2007-05-28 15:43, bradster56 wrote: I have the Sony plugged into a Powerwedge line conditioner and the wedge is plugged into a PS Audio HQ cyrogenically (sp) treated recepticle.

With high quality Balanced AC Power delivery like that already in place you might want to set your sights a little higher and skip the intermediate Hospital Grade AC Plug upgrade and go for an Audio Grade AC Plug that is of commensurate quality with your existing equipment (BTW which Powewedge Model to you use?).

I think that you will find that the Furutech FI-11m AC Plug will put an new kind of life and realism into your Music-

~Maxx~

A Satisfied Sony Fan Since 1974!

ºCLICK ON PIC FOR PiPº

…Masterful Setup is Also the Key to Amazing Audio Performance…

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

Next

Return to MD/CD/SACD