[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - SONY toy store!

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:29 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - SONY toy store!

SONY toy store!

Section where you have questions/comments about room setup, equipment design, wiring and best configuration between Sony products in creating the best Home Theater setup.

Moderator: jttar

by Toli » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:29 pm

I was at the Sony store earlier today and they had some really cool toys, it was exciting.

Among DVD players they had: NC555ES and NS999ES

And among receivers they had: DA1ES, DA777ES, DA5000ES, DA5ES and yes even a DA9000ES!

Toli
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by SPCOOLIN » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:36 pm

On 2007-01-04 22:29, Toli wrote:
I was at the Sony store earlier today and they had some really cool toys, it was exciting.

Among DVD players they had: NC555ES and NS999ES

And among receivers they had: DA1ES, DA777ES, DA5000ES, DA5ES and yes even a DA9000ES!

Toli

All for sale...or just display ????

Steve~
SPCOOLIN
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by Toli » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:38 pm

SPCOOLIN,

They are all for sale and all beautiful!

They had alot more, but those pieces are the ones that stood out.

Toli
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Maxxwire » Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:46 pm

Toli- It must have been a fun trip down memory lane for you.

They clean out the storeroom at the local Sony Only Store every once in a while.

One year they even had a NIB 1993 Sony TA F808ES Integrated Stereo Amp from 9 model years earlier. Talk about a stab from the past.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by wallew » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:26 pm

Toli,
Where is this Sony Store?  Did you happen to notice the price on the NC555ES?  I've been looking for one.

thx

jim
A rattlesnake in the living room ends all discussion of animal rights.
"Vengeance is mine" sayeth the Lord, but sometimes he subcontracts.
When the pin is pulled, MR GRENADE is not your friend.
When in doubt EMPTY THE MAGAZINE.
wallew
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by Toli » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:35 pm

wallew,

The nearest Sony Store to me is in Pleasant Prairie, WI. I believe the DVP-NC555ES is $149.00. The last time I was there they had at least one.

Toli
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by jttar » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:57 pm

Toli,

You are really fortunate to live so close to the toy box. The closest Sony Store to me is in Schaumburg or Skokie and depending on traffic can be a hour and a half drive one way. I never seem to find the time to make the drive to go and play around in the toy box.

I'm glad to hear you had a good time on your trip to Pleasant Prairie.

Joe (aka BeastMaster)
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Maxxwire » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:54 am

The Sony Only Store is 13 blocks from where I live, but they never ever have anything at a discount price!

I've seen them sell 7 year old NIB pieces for full retail!

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Toli » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:02 am

On 2007-01-10 13:54, Maxxwire wrote:
The Sony Only Store is 13 blocks from where I live, but they never ever have anything at a discount price!

~Maxx~

Maxx,

I can't be sure why that is. I believe that the store near me, although remodeled, is still considered an outlet. They carry new as well as refurbished Sony products. They often carry everything from navigation systems, to camcorders, to audio receivers and TVs.

Toli
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Maxxwire » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:04 am

On 2007-01-11 08:02, Toli wrote: I believe that the store near me, although remodeled, is still considered an outlet.

Our Sony Only Store is strictly a retail store which is owned by the same person who also owns a large chain of car dealerships in the area which goes a long way towards explaining the Sony Only Store's business philosophy.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

Next

Return to Getting Started/Building a Home Theater