[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Is this a good way to get geometry close to perfect?

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:11 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Is this a good way to get geometry close to perfect?

Is this a good way to get geometry close to perfect?

This forum is geared towards fine-tuning your Sony television settings. If you have troubles or just simple questions about optimizing your picture, check out this forum. Feel free to add your suggestions to the manuals.

Moderator: jttar

by SteveG103 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:30 pm

Have an idea to take some tracing paper, Make a grid of lines using a ruler then taping them to my TV screen, using the edges of the screen to line them up so they are straight. Has this been done before, and with any luck? I never realized how hard it would be just trying to eyeball if the lines and boxes are straight. Plus whenever i seem to go to a new geometry pattern on Avia alot of them show different problems even after i seemed to have them fixed using other patterns.

Could that be due to convergence problems?
SteveG103
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

by andyross » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:07 pm

I just use a ruler or straightedge or tape measure to check for bowing. The ruler helps in checking for even spacing (linearity).
andyross
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

Return to Television Configuration