[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Planning on purchasing a DCR PC1000E Camcorder

Advanced search
It is currently Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:02 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Planning on purchasing a DCR PC1000E Camcorder

Planning on purchasing a DCR PC1000E Camcorder

This Forum is for any other questions you might have

Moderator: jttar

by Satman68 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:14 pm

I am planning on purchasing the above. I have spoken to a Sony salesman and he states I will not benefit from the 3 CCD image quality if I download the recording off the camera and onto the computer and then on DVD. I think he may be getting confused about resolution? Am I correct or is he? My understanding of 3 CCD is that the each of the CCD, 1 for red 1 for green and 1 for blue creates a more colour rich and balanced image with good contrast? If the salesman is correct what is the point of have 3ccd unless you have a professional editing studio.

Can anyone clarify if he is correct?

Cheers

Satman68
Satman68
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by mandrill » Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:31 am

I have just bought one and though I can't answer your query I would warn you that I'm having real problems getting my PC to recognise the camcorder (either through USB 2.0 or FireWire) If your planning on using a (non-sony) PC to edit video shot with this camera I would really think twice. I'm going to try and struggle through these problems but if I don't get some results within a week I'm thinking of putting the damn thing back on ebay.
mandrill
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by pepe6859 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:30 am

I got my new PC1000E just 2 weeks ago (my first video cam ever). Even been newee on this, the conexion to my ACER laptop computer was easy both USB and Firewire. Using Adobe Premier, Sony Vegas and Pinacle Studio. But also Windows Movie Maker. My concern comes to image quality. Because is my first Video cam i have not past reference. Any way, maybe i was expecting too much. If anybody have tipsin how inprove quality during edition or filming... i will apretiate it thanks...
pepe6859
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Return to Camera Misc.