[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony Xperia TL (AT&T) Is Unrooting Possible?

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:14 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony Xperia TL (AT&T) Is Unrooting Possible?

Sony Xperia TL (AT&T) Is Unrooting Possible?

This Forum is geared towards Sony Ericsson (troubleshooting, optimizing, phone plans, upgrades, new features)

Moderator: jttar

by Giorgimt » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:03 am

Hi folks, I've had Xperia TL for about 6 months now. Looked on XDA Developers, but haven't been able to root it (I've rooted Xperia Play before). Has AT&T figured out a way to stop us from rooting or am I doing something wrong? Thanks!
-----------
Update - found out that it has a locked bootloader. Don't know enough to figure out why it's unlockable, but it must have something to do with the new law, where you can not "jail break" phones, I think. Land of the free, where a phone company can write and pass laws. In any case, while I accidentally bricked my phone the other night (unplugged USB cable too soon), I was able to find a stock firmware (thanks to XDA Developers) and now my phone can lead healthier and bloatware-less  life. Yes, there are a couple of Sony apps that are going to go, but otherwise phone works SO MUCH FASTER!!!! Camera doesn't take 5 seconds to launch, as it did under AT&T dictatorship! Now I can download apps that I can actually use and internal memory of the phone is NOT maxed out, as it was under comrade AT&T (can you tell, how much I love mein fuhrer?)
So, folks, if you want to install nicer firmware, search for stock firmwares on XDA developers. Takes Flashtool and a few minutes. Backup your files and contacts, just in case :)

Giorgimt
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

by Giorgimt » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:16 am

Wanted to let those of you who are interested know that Sony has issued Android 4.3 update for Xperia T. Now my phone is more stable and has little less lag. It still dislikes Chrome. The old browser is not included in 4.3 for some reason. Go figure. By the way, their advertising about 1 second response time between pressing the camera button and capture is false. Think more like 5 seconds.
Giorgimt
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

Return to Sony Ericsson