[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - Are Sony still doing updates for the BDP- S5000ES

Advanced search
It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:59 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Are Sony still doing updates for the BDP- S5000ES

Are Sony still doing updates for the BDP- S5000ES

This forum addresses questions on Blu-Ray

Moderator: jttar

by submariner » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:01 am

I had a quick look on Sonys UK site, to see if there were any new firmware updates formthismmachine.
From what I can see the latest firmware update was Ver. 024 , which I already have. Think it was February 2011?

How long do Sony do updates on a Player ? Has this one dropped off the radar, or is there just nothing to fix, worth updating?

One other question, I noticed that my disc can be pretty hot after playing one of the longer movies. It always has got warm, and I think the fan is working. Just difficult to see.

1. Is this normal on a warm day? And how hot can your discs get ?
2. How can I check the fan is working.? ( is it on all the time or only kick in
3. i assume that fan pushes warm air out of the unit, on the back of the 5000ES?
SONY: Receiver/Amp STR-DA7100ES, Sub Amp.TA-F770ES, BluRay BDP-S5000ES, DVD/CD RDR-GX7
LOEWE TV: Loewe Individual Selection 40" Full HD HD+
submariner
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by claudio » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:48 pm

Hi Submariner,

There is a version .26 for BDP-S5000ES, it was released on 6/21/2012

Benefits provided by previous upgrades and included in version 026:

- Improves BD-ROM playability
- Improves compatibility to enhance interactivity with some BD-ROMs
- Adds slow and freeze frame functions during Blu-ray Disc and DVD playback
- Improved BD-Live performance to enhance interactivity
- Adds BD-Live functionality
- BD-Live allows you to enjoy additional content and services while playing a BD-Live capable disc.
- For optimal performance, we recommend that you use a Broadband Internet connection to access BD-Live content and services.
- BD-Live content and services require external USB flash memory (sold separately) for local storage.
- Improved sensitivity to the Remote Commander® signal while the player is in stand-by mode

More information can be found at

Or you can download version .26 at

Founder
Agoraquest
claudio
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by jehill » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:35 pm

Since Submariner checked the UK site for updates, I would assume that he has the UK version of the BDP-5000ES. You found v.26 on the US site. How do we know that the US update is compatible with the UK version?
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by claudio » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:41 am

Hi,

Good catch. I should have read this post more carefully. I don't think the US and UK are compatible. It could be but not sure.
Founder
Agoraquest
claudio
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

Return to Blu-Ray