[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Poor quality blu-ray movie

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:53 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Poor quality blu-ray movie

Poor quality blu-ray movie

This forum addresses questions on Blu-Ray

Moderator: jttar

by maverick11359 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:45 pm

G'day Myky,
            with the F2.2's have you redone the basics . The speaker cabling your room acoustics, diffusion and possibly your resonance tunning may have to be changed. Everything that worked for the  K90's mighten be right for your new F2.2's .I've spent the last few late sunday afternoons having a glass or two of red with my audiophile neighbour and tunning his new speakers into his system.
He has a new pair of  Magnepan MG20.1   http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/magnepan_mg201/index2.html  . He changed speaker cables , he changed interconnects from his DAC to his Pass labs Power amp ,he changed Magnepan speaker mounts and last night we put the Maggies as he calls them on two huge steel base speaker mounts(under the magnapen mounts) which he used to use on his sold JMlabs monsters. The resonnance tunning on theses huge mounts with their  huge gold cone spike made the difference..The Maggies sound great now but sounded dreadful when he started a few weeks ago and was threatening to sell them. But after working out what they needed, he's now  in heaven again. Maybe it's just a matter of retuning for new speakers my old friend... Mav'.           
maverick11359
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by maverick11359 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:04 pm

G'day Myky and friends,
                I have to vent..LOL.. I just got of the phone with the worst kind of human being . One that has been doing the same job too too longggg. I told Myky in a direct email because Agoraquest was down that my new Marantz AV7005  was faulty and I had organized with Marantz to get another one sent and couriered today (change over).. Well of course I waited in all day , luckily my roastered day off from work and of course no sign of the unit. So I rang the Warranty agent to see if they could track down the AV7005. Well I spoke to the same person as last week and he gave me a tracking number and phone number for me to ring..Rang the courier and was told it would be tomorrow seeing how it was only dispatched last Friday after all..Hold on the warranty agent said it would be dispatched last Wednesday afternoon . So I wasted a day waiting for it. I rang back (the same person) the warranty agent for Marantz, finding out in the following loud conversation he was in charge of that department. He stated yelling at me that I was only one of many dispatches and that it doesn't always go to plan ,and that he had been doing this job for 40 years and this is how it works, bad luck .I yelled back the obvious that his customer service and PR didn't exist and If I'd given that to my customers over the last 37 years I 'd be loosing buisness and profit.
                 So this is Marantz's great customer abusive service and the quality of their product that comes broken out of the box. ..Never had these dramas with Sony!!

Some people when they loose that personal touch should leave that job, it's not about the customer anymore ,their just been there too too long... all it would have taken was a simple phone call to say of the delay . PR  has left the building.. Mav.

P.S there was a lot more heated words exchanged but I dont want to vent forever..LOL...

maverick11359
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by mykyll2727 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:52 am

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with Marantz! On a positive note at least they're sending a new unit. In this day and age be thankful for that. I've run into so much either so-so or outright terrible Cust Service that I'm always happy to get good and thrilled to get great CS now adays. One notable exception for me was with my 3D glasses from Truedepth3D.com. Amazingly fantastic CS. I've put lousy CS down to computers and outsourcing but you've brought up another reason as well. In this day and age he should be thankful to be able to work for a company for 40yrs._mykl

mykyll2727
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by mykyll2727 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:18 am

Mav_Your friend's Maggies are awesome speakers. AFA my F2.2s go, it's not that there's anything wrong with their SQ. Not at all. They actually sound terrific. Though I do realise I need to do some room acoustics work. I've put it off partly due to letting the F2.2s break in and my wanting to really get to know them, coupled with some procrastination. Procrastination as I want to start room acoustics pretty much from scratch and that's not going to be easy given everything in the main room. What I plan on doing is clear out the room, shampoo the carpets (good excuse for clearing everything out and the carpet could use it) and then start putting everything back with a focus on proper room acoustics for the F2.2s.

I think the F2.2's SQ is outstanding stock. Maybe I should write a comparison review of them to the K90s. It's just my wondering how much some mods/parts upgrades might improve on an already great speaker. A "how good can it get?" thing. That's all. Like I said I doubt I'll ever really have those kind of mods done to it to find out. Just day dreaming really.

PS. Thanks for the info on the XLRs and I had indeed forgotten about your projection screen. I was thinking, man and I thought my TV was pretty big. LOL._mykl
mykyll2727
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

Previous

Return to Blu-Ray