[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - BDP-S560

Advanced search
It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:18 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - BDP-S560

BDP-S560

This forum addresses questions on Blu-Ray

Moderator: jttar

by AaronBurrows » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:24 pm

I've had a BDP-S560 for about 2 years. In the last month or so almost every Blu-ray disc I put in will not play. (This includes Blu-ray discs that have recently loaded and played successfully.) Instead it appears to try to load but finally shows "invalid"on the front panel display Every now any then it will play a disc. I checked the software updates and it is current. I hate to replace what is a fairly recent device (no, I'm not an early adopter).

Is there anything that might need to be cleaned that's a user
operation.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

AaronBurrows
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

by jehill » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:54 pm

Sony replaced the drive in my BDP-S550 when it had the same symptoms.  I shipped it to Laredo, TX in the original box and received it back only a week later.  Look in the Operating Instructions for the phone number to call.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by AaronBurrows » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:30 pm

I was afraid a "user cleaning" wasn't going to be an option. Oh well. I live in Denton, TX so at least Laredo is still in Texas, albeit some 480 miles from Denton. I'll give them a call on Monday.

Thanks again!
Aaron
AaronBurrows
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

by AaronBurrows » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:43 am

Guess I'm out of luck here too. I've had this unit for about a year and a half so am beyond the warranty period. In looking for a replacement unit I've looked at the S-580 but the review on CNET are less than stellar. Any other good replacements you can think of??
AaronBurrows
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

by jehill » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:05 pm

Just because the warranty period has lapsed doesn't mean that Sony won't replace the drive.  Have you called them?
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by AaronBurrows » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:03 pm

No, not yet. When I started looking through my purchase records, I found that it had been longer than I remembered since I purchased the player. The purchase date turns out to be October 2009.
What the heck, I'll call them on Monday anyway. What's the worse they can tell me, no?
AaronBurrows
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

Return to Blu-Ray