[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony bdv-e280

Advanced search
It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:25 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony bdv-e280

Sony bdv-e280

This forum addresses questions on Blu-Ray

Moderator: jttar

by Zoumma » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:02 am

I have purchased a ble ray dvd home cinema system bdv-e280 from amazon.co.uk. I have connected my sky+hd box and tv to the system via standard HDMI cables and also connected the sky+hd box to the system via a digital optical cable.

However I cant get the 5.1 surround sound along with the picture as the sound comes via the hdmi cable and is oly 2 channel. According to the manual European models have the option to select seperate sources for picture and audio but mines doesnt seem to have the option.

Help!
Zoumma
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jehill » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:50 pm

Welcome to Agoraquest!  There may be a sky+hd box setting that determines whether or not the digital optical output is active.  There probably is also a setting that determines whether or not the HDMI output includes Dolby Digital 5.1.  Check with your provider if you can't figure it out for yourself.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by Zoumma » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:17 pm

On 2011-10-25 16:50, jehill wrote:
Welcome to Agoraquest!  There may be a sky+hd box setting that determines whether or not the digital optical output is active.  There probably is also a setting that determines whether or not the HDMI output includes Dolby Digital 5.1.  Check with your provider if you can't figure it out for yourself.

Thanks for replying jehill.

The sky+ box does indeed transmit beautiful surround sound but I can only get it by setting the home theatre to 'TV' and it doesnt show any picture. If I select 'HDMI' i get the picture but the sound is only two channel.

I am trying to find a way of getting the bdv-e280 to show the picture from HDMI and the sound from digital optical. According to the manual the european models should be able to do this but mines doesnt seem to have the capability.

Cheers
Zoumma
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Return to Blu-Ray