[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - HDMI to DVI with Audio?

Advanced search
It is currently Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:51 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - HDMI to DVI with Audio?

HDMI to DVI with Audio?

This forum addresses questions on Blu-Ray

Moderator: jttar

by gryptype » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:59 am

I bought a PS3 over the weekend primarily for the Blu-Ray player. My DLP only has DVI but my AV Receiver has HDMI pass thru. I can connect the PS3 to my AVR and get a great picture on my DLP but without sound. Took me all day to remember that DVI does not carry audio and needs a seperate sound connection which the PS3 will not utilize if there is an HDMI connected. Anyone think of a workaround other than using the componet connection which defeats the Bly-Ray HD picture?
gryptype
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

by gryptype » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:52 pm

Seems I might have been a tad hastey with my assertion that there is no sound output on the digital optical connection when using the HDMI jack. Reading more on the subject on the net (ain't it great!) and reading the user guide that comes with the PS3 I may just have to configure my AV Receiver to receive the digital audio signal while the HDMI is connected. I'll futz around with this over the next week and see if I can get the HD picture on my 1080i DLP with the 5.1 audio output to thereceiver.
gryptype
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

by maverick11359 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:31 pm

Gaday gryptype,
                   You can purchase HDMI to DVI adapters.
 Run a HDMI lead to your AVreciever from your PS3.
 Run a HDMI to DVI adapter from your  AVreciever to DLP.

cheers maverick.

P.S your DLP becomes monitor only if you connect as above ,
  only way to  have sound at DLP is to run RCA's  from AV reciever or PS3 if it has and allows Audio out while using HDMI connections.

maverick11359
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

Return to Blu-Ray