[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - PS3 as a Blu Ray Player

Advanced search
It is currently Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:14 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - PS3 as a Blu Ray Player

PS3 as a Blu Ray Player

This forum addresses questions on Blu-Ray

Moderator: jttar

by Mdriver » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:12 pm

MrMoe,

Yes, get the PS3 and while you're at it, get the  newest Sony 1080p TV. The video quality will go up at least 100%
Mdriver
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by MrMoe » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:58 pm

I wanted to get an SXRD but as much as I love Sony products, they have to get their quality control under control before I drop a bundle on one of their more expensive products.
MrMoe
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Maxxwire » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:09 am

MrMoe- I was unaware that the Sony SXRD models were having quality control problems.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Toli » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:50 am

I am on Agoraquest almost every day. If the SXRDs are having trouble, this is the first I have heard about it.

Toli
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Mdriver » Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:00 pm

MrMoe,

I don't know for sure about the SXRD, but I have so far two things that failed me:

First was a Sony 26" tube TV that I bought in the 80's. One day, after a few years, it only showed red color (or more of red). I gave it to my uncle, he got it fixed for $150.00 and it's still working fine as of today.

Second was the Sony DVD, I forgot the model number, but after about two years, all I got was the famous "no Disc" message.

Besides these two issues, my 19" Sony tube that I bought in 83 that's still working fine. It's in the dining room and we watch it everyday. And we turn it on whenever the bad weather rolling by. We also have Sony 32" XBR that we bought in the 90's, has not failed us once. A 32" LCD that we bought as a Christmas present for my sons, it's still working fine, and my boys work it hard, very hard everyday, along with the Xbox 360. They in fact, killed the Xbox 360, not too long ago, not the TV yet.

And as of right now I have around 15 Sony AV components, not counting TV's. No issues yet with any of them.

Lastly, we just bought the latest Sony 70" and the store told me it's should be very reliable,, besides that we have to replace the lamp once in a while. We're so confident in it that we didn't buy the extended warranty.

Mdriver
Mdriver
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by MrMoe » Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:12 pm

There have been wide reports about the so-called "green blob" thats appearing on Sony sxrd's(check out AVS forum).  With regards to quality control, I saw a story on 60 Minutes a few months back where Sony hired an Englishman (cant remember his name right now) to go back to Japan and straighten things out because so many problems were occuring with their products.  I was going to buy the 400 disc dvd changer but while doing some research I found 'lots' of complaints about the unit loosing disc info, automatically playing a disc everytime the unit is powered up and no way of programing it to not do that.  Even the first ES receivers to use digital amps were plagued with issues.   Mdriver, all the info that I have heard about has been with products manufactured within the last 2-3 years.  That seems to be where the problems are.

MrMoe
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Maxxwire » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:46 pm

On 2007-01-06 21:12, MrMoe wrote: Even the first ES receivers to use digital amps were plagued with issues.

What you didn't hear was that Sony issued several Service Bulletins outlining the repair of these problems and that they were outlined in detail and first made available right here at Agoraquest!

Its sad that some people are only interested in recounting problems while they remain totally ignorant of dedicated effort that so many people made to find a solution and inform the effected owners worldwide of it.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by MrMoe » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:57 am

On 2007-01-07 01:46, Maxxwire wrote:

On 2007-01-06 21:12, MrMoe wrote: Even the first ES receivers to use digital amps were plagued with issues.

Its sad that some people are only interested in recounting problems while they remain totally ignorant of dedicated effort that so many people made to find a solution and inform the effected owners worldwide of it.

~Maxx~

That statement is complete BS.  I own Sony gear and love it.  I never said anything about what Sony did to fix the problems because it wasn't my point, I simply said there were problems with quality control and stated a few instances.  I, unlike yourself, dont blindly follow any company.  If I'm spending my money on a big ticket item, then I am going to get the most for that coin.  And if Sony (or any other company) cant give me a reliable product, my money will go to a company that can.
MrMoe
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Previous

Return to Blu-Ray