[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - Blu-ray players delayed

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:09 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Blu-ray players delayed

Blu-ray players delayed

This forum addresses questions on Blu-Ray

Moderator: jttar

by rb » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:08 pm

The BDPS1 has been delayed until late October early November.
rb
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by Toli » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:12 pm

rb,

I just found that out yesterday, from my friend at Oade. He hasn't actually heard anything, but he said that he felt the delay is related to copyright protection issues.

Toli
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Timb » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:08 pm

Man am I glad about that, and any other delays, bumps in the road, etc. A POX on both their houses!

This dual format contest is a HUGE waste of time, money and consumer abuse.

If they keep wrestling in the mud for a few more months (9-18?) we'll be on to the next even better technology! Hurrah!!!

Whew, good to get THAT off my chest!

Tim

p.s. I DO hope that all that invest in HD players enjoy them to the max! Enjoy!
Timb
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by retate » Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:23 pm

The Sony Style site has shown the following as of a few days ago.

"Targeted Availability: On or About October 25, 2006"

Bob
retate
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by edconline » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:21 pm

There was a release today stating that the reason for the delay was that Sony wanted to make SURE that when it does come out it is a true reference class piece, unsurpassed by any other manufacturer on the market, and that it would truly showcase that Sony is dedicated to the format and is capable of making the highest quality players in the world. That it would be the definitive player for the technology and exploit everything that Blu Ray has to offer. I don't know about you, but I've got no problem waiting until Oct 25th for a player like THAT.
Ed

Side Note: I emailed Sony to ask why the BDPS1 was not going to carry the ES badge, and whoever said it was because of distribution was right, that is the only reason. It is completely up to ES standards and carries ES grade parts.

edconline
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by rb » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:06 pm

It seems that they may have learnt something from Toshiba's launch of their HD-DVD player.  Samsung's Blu-ray player is not getting the greatest reviews either.  I'll gladly wait for machine that truly is state of the art without the bugs.
rb
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by Maxxwire » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:24 pm

On 2006-07-12 19:08, Timb wrote: I DO hope that all that invest in HD players enjoy them to the max! Enjoy!

Tim- You forgot to add that they enjoy them for as long as they can before they fail like so many of the Toshiba have.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Toli » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:53 am

On 2006-07-13 00:06, rb wrote:
It seems that they may have learnt something from Toshiba's launch of their HD-DVD player.  Samsung's Blu-ray player is not getting the greatest reviews either.  I'll gladly wait for machine that truly is state of the art without the bugs.

I have no problem waiting either, as I am in no hurry. But, I believe that I will eventually get a Blue-ray player.

Toli
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by jocktheglide » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:25 am

On 2006-07-13 00:06, rb wrote:

YES there was no PQ diff. between a upconverted dvd vs Blu ray...i did buy the sammy model and noticed no diff. I returned it to best buy after hearing so many returns best buy locally started to charge the 10% restocking fee....my player was sold and returned 3x....i talked to the best buy employee about it.  sony player better be top notch...
jocktheglide
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by retate » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:27 pm

I definitely have reservations about the parts and build quality of the Samsung Blu-Ray player just based on weight.  The manual says 9.3 pounds, but the one I lifted in a store did not even feel that heavy.

Bob
retate
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

Next

Return to Blu-Ray