[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - Blu-ray? HD-dvd?

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:02 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Blu-ray? HD-dvd?

Blu-ray? HD-dvd?

This forum addresses questions on Blu-Ray

Moderator: jttar

by Toli » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:23 am

On 2006-11-07 00:40, jttar wrote:
Rick,

I'm in the same boat as you. I guess we will just have to "suffer" with 1080i until we can manage to upgrade.

Joe (aka BeastMaster)

You guys are lucky, I am stuck viewing everything displayed at 788p.

Toli
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by jttar » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:25 pm

Toli,

New rule, new house, new TV! When you finally move it would be the perfect time for a TV upgrade. Sell your KF-50WE610 with the house and move onward and upward.

Joe (aka BeastMaster)
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by maverick11359 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:16 am

On 2006-11-07 00:40, jttar wrote:
Rick,

I'm in the same boat as you. I guess we will just have to "suffer" with 1080i until we can manage to upgrade.

Joe (aka BeastMaster)

Gaday guys ,
                  Will have to get a larger boat for all of us 1080i users! I'm happy for the moment .Our local free to air T.V stations here in AUS are broadcasting HD now and it's a jump up from my Denon 3910 upscaling my SD dvd's to 1080i(looks fantastic).It's getting exciting today i recieved emails from all our DVD houses promoting sales of both Blueray and HDDVD titles for xmas also promoting sales of the players except Sony player stated "to be announced".

Cheers from down under Maverick.

maverick11359
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by jttar » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:50 pm

Rick,

Just out of curiousity, how many local free to air HD T.V stations can you pick up in Coffs Harbour with an OTA antenna?

Joe (aka BeastMaster)
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Toli » Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:18 pm

Joe,

I don't know about Coffs Harbour, but it looks like here in the Chicago area we only have 2, 5, 7 & 32.

Toli
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Maxxwire » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:52 pm

Here we have 7 Digital OTA Broadcasting stations with each station broadcasting on 4 seperate channels in resolutions ranging from 480i to 1080i.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by maverick11359 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:22 pm

On 2006-11-08 21:50, jttar wrote:
Rick,

Just out of curiousity, how many local free to air HD T.V stations can you pick up in Coffs Harbour with an OTA antenna?

Joe (aka BeastMaster)

Gaday Joe,
                 Sorry didn't get back earlier,I had to depart from home urgently for a few days, we had small family crisis (father No. 2 had a serious accident)which has now improved and  let me come back to Coffs today.Sorry if i sound dumb but 'OTA" don't now that abrev. off hand.But to answer your question(free to air stations) we have 5 HD stations 2ABC,3SBS,5CTen,6Prime,8NBN, and 13 SD stations those same 5 main stations that i just listed with 3 of shuts on each for sports ,news ,kids shows except 5CTen and 8NBN with just have 2 .

cheers mave Rick.
maverick11359
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by Maxxwire » Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:19 am

On 2006-11-10 20:22, maverick11359 wrote:Sorry if i sound dumb but 'OTA' don't now that abrev. off hand.But to answer your question(free to air stations)...

Maverick-

(USA) OTA= Over The Air

(OZ) FTA= Free To Air

Maybe this is due to some kind of equatorial effect because its so similar and yet so different.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by maverick11359 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:17 am

On 2006-11-11 14:19, Maxxwire wrote:

On 2006-11-10 20:22, maverick11359 wrote:Sorry if i sound dumb but 'OTA' don't now that abrev. off hand.But to answer your question(free to air stations)...

Maverick-

(USA) OTA= Over The Air

(OZ) FTA= Free To Air

Maybe this is due to some kind of equatorial effect because its so similar and yet so different.

~Maxx~

Thanks maxx ,
                   it's  pretty obvious once shown!
      Maverick
maverick11359
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by jehill » Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:27 pm

Actually, I recently learned that OTA = Off The Air, not Over The Air.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

PreviousNext

Return to Blu-Ray