[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - Blu-ray? HD-dvd?

Advanced search
It is currently Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:53 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Blu-ray? HD-dvd?

Blu-ray? HD-dvd?

This forum addresses questions on Blu-Ray

Moderator: jttar

by Maxxwire » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:17 pm

In the service manuals I have for my Audio equipment the first 4 pages are full of point to point DC test voltages and it isn't until much further on that the schematics are given.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by rb » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:28 am

The BDPS-1's delay is nothing more than a shortage of Blu Ray diode assemblies.  More have been devoted to the PS-3 launch.  Another couple of weeks delay is insignificant in the grand scheme of things.  Sony intends Blu Ray to be a long term and viable format and investment.
rb
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by LONGBUCKS » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:50 am

Microsoft released their downloadable 1080p update for the XBOX360 yesterday, and are intending to release the HD-DVD add-on in November ($199).  The 1080p update will only output games at 1080p on component, but from what I understand the HD-DVD must use a VGA cable for 1080p output (copyright issues?).  That being said.........The fan on the XBOX360 is LOUD, and I could never use it for watching DVD's or serious music listening.  But, with a low price point after the system is already purchased, I can see how it would be an attractive alternative to many.  I hope Sony does not delay things too long.

Dave
LONGBUCKS
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by jehill » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:50 pm

Yes, I have seen the four pages of the BDP-S1 service manual that babyaservice said were available.  The only thing that may be of interest is the specs below:

jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by SNY4ME » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:49 am

I don't know whats going to happen hear. I tend to think that Blu Ray is going to go the way of SACD. In that it will only be the highend format. But HDDVD will be the CD, by being the fromat the is inferior but is available everywhere and everyone can afford.

My reasoning, is the approach that Toshiba took with HDDVD. By selling there player below cost just to get them out there.

I was at Costco yesterday and there they were. Toshiba HDDVD players for $499 CDN. At that price one might look foolish to his peers for spending double on a BluRay player.

I personaly don't care what anyone thinks and am going to cross my fingers and go for a BDP-S1.

I've already tracked down a outlet that rents BluRay movies.

Lyle
SNY4ME
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by rb » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:46 am

It's hard to predict what will happen.  PS3 will have a big effect on the out come.
rb
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by mikeyw » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:17 am

Hola gentlemen,

I have been out of the country and trying to catch up on whats goin on here at agoraquest....

Sony Blu-Ray does not suprise me, sony loves to delay!
It is still worth the wait in my opinion, for the BDP and PS3...
I play alot of XBOX 360 i can honestly compare it to my standard XBOX, except for graphic detail.
I really want to wait for the Sony releases bfor i make any rash decisions...
Patience is a virtue...
I really believe we will not be dissapointed, and as maxx said he has seen it first hand and bye his words, BLU-RAY IS AWESOME!
mikeyw
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Maxxwire » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:01 pm

Sony's 1080p Blu Ray Video along with the accompanying 24/192 5.1 Hi Rez Audio is something that we have all been waiting our entire lives to see and hear and its only a few weeks more until we all find out that it was well worth the wait!

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by rb » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:07 pm

The biggest problem I have with Blu Ray is that it will likely be a year bfore I can get a SXRD TV to take advantage of 1080P. Having the capability to be able to watch at 1080i should ease the pain of waiting.
rb
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by jttar » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:40 pm

Rick,

I'm in the same boat as you. I guess we will just have to "suffer" with 1080i until we can manage to upgrade.

Joe (aka BeastMaster)
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Blu-Ray