[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - SS-F7000 Driver Removal

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:55 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - SS-F7000 Driver Removal

SS-F7000 Driver Removal

This forum is where you can give tips or talk about building your own stuff

Moderator: jttar

by tbirdjkc » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:37 am

Hi, I have been searching all over and can't seem to find any info on how to remove the drivers on my ss-f7000's.  The tweeters seem to be the only things held in by actual allen head screws, the others appear to be molded plastic.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Jim
tbirdjkc
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jehill » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:40 am

Welcome to Agoraquest!  It looks like what you need is the SS-F7000 service.  Check here to see if its available from Agoraquest.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by Maxxwire » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:15 am

Jim- Were you able to locate that SS-F7000 service manual?

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by tbirdjkc » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:19 am

No, It seems that there is none available.  I took the binding post plate off of the back and i can see that there are 4 screws holding the woofers in, so the bezel must come off somehow.
tbirdjkc
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jehill » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:29 am

jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by Maxxwire » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:49 pm

The fellow who was selling these speakers claims that they are Sony SS F7000's and all of the drivers appear to be held in with allen head screws.

Sony H-9 MaxxPix

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by tbirdjkc » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:44 am

Yes they appear that way, but the allen head screws are molded into the bezel. They are molded plastic, just for looks.  The only real allen head screws are holding the tweeters in.
tbirdjkc
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by RickeyM » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:22 pm

tbirdjkc, welcome to Agoraquest! You mught have to do something like use the flat blade of a paint scraper to gently pry those trim rings off of the woofers before you can remove the screws that hold the woofers in.

That said, whatcha up to there buddy? Does one of the woofers need replacement or are you just curious to see what's in there?
RickeyM
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by tbirdjkc » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:03 am

Thats kind of what i figured. I might just give that a try.  Im removing the drivers so I can re-laminate the cabinets.  Already did my SS-MB350's and they turned out pretty good.  Tired of the Black Ash look, and I was never a fan of the textured vinyl on the faces of the SS-F7000. I rather have wood. I'll post some pics when i get a chance.
tbirdjkc
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Maxxwire » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:20 pm

On 2012-04-10 11:03, tbirdjkc wrote:
Tired of the Black Ash look, and I was never a fan of the textured vinyl on the faces of the SS-F7000. I rather have wood.

I know what you mean as the American Walnut on my JBL L-100's has been my favorite for a long time.

Sony H-9 MaxxPix

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

Next

Return to Do It Yourself Home Theater