[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - Pyramid cones for me or no?

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:04 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Pyramid cones for me or no?

Pyramid cones for me or no?

This forum is where you can give tips or talk about building your own stuff

Moderator: jttar

by Maxxwire » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:54 am

dontsleep- At the $35 each price that Music Direct is selling these Composite Products Carbon Fiber Isolation Cones for they more than 2-3 times as expensive as the BDR Cones I'm using. Nevertheless its always good to have an additional tool when doing the sometimes difficult job of Resonance Tuning. Its also true that the much more inexpensive BDR Carbon Fiber Cones are rounded so that they contact a surface using only a pin point sized footprint reducing the amount of energy transference to a minimum and Music Direct is selling them for only $20 each.

I got this from an ad selling a set of 3 of the new BDR Cones MK4-II for $85...

This is an upgrade from the BDR Cones MK4. The improvement is much better than the BDR Cones MK4. It sounds like using the Cones+Pits, which cost around $200 for a set of 3.

This blanket 'up sell' methodology is not particularly meaningful when it comes to Resonance Tuning products since there is no constant end application to base a universal proclamation of product superiority on although it is good to have an additional alternative tool for Resonance Tuning Audio equipment because every piece of equipment in every Audio System has a unique resonance profile which needs to be addressed.

~Maxx~

-----------------
A Satisfied Sony Fan Since 1974!

Explore The New Sony MaxxPix

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by mykyll2727 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:42 am

dontsleep_It was not my intention to get anyone to try Composite products or any specific product. I was simply sharing my experience for anyone interested.

I've spent countless hours over several years on my Resonance Tuning quest and have yet to find one single best solution. I'm not suggesting anyone to dedicate themselves to RT the way I have.  I've applied it to some degree on every piece in my reference system. For me it has proven worthwhile but has taken a considerable investment in time and effort as well some cash to reach the level I have. For some it MAY and I emphasize MAY prove worthwhile.

This is not to discourage anyone from implementing RT. Just the opposite, by all means please try. My recommendation for a starting point is using some BDR cones. Their price to performance ratio is off the chart. It's where I started. Here's to the journey of bringing our systems to a level of performance which brings us great joy._mykl
mykyll2727
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by Maxxwire » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:56 pm

On 2011-01-30 11:42, mykyll2727 wrote:
My recommendation for a starting point is using some BDR cones. Their price to performance ratio is off the chart. It's where I started. Here's to the journey of bringing our systems to a level of performance which brings us great joy._mykl

_mykl- Remember Jeff's Sound Values? I wish I could get prices like that on BDR Cones these days!

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by mykyll2727 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:46 pm

Maxx_I certainly do. In fact I got most of my BDR stuff from them. In these economic times they would be greatly appreciated._mykl 
mykyll2727
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by jttar » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:30 pm

On 2011-01-30 20:46, mykyll2727 wrote:
Maxx_I certainly do. In fact I got most of my BDR stuff from them. In these economic times they would be greatly appreciated._mykl  

That's an understatement. Half of the country was in a BDR Cone withdrawal because of you buying up Jeff's supply.
Glad I got mine from Jeff before you wiped him out.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Maxxwire » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:05 pm

On 2011-01-30 21:30, jttar wrote:

Glad I got mine from Jeff before you wiped him out.

Joe

Joe- Yes _mykl did the exact same thing at Jeff's with BDR Cones as he did to the entire supply of Sony SS K90ED speakers throughout the western United States and Canada!   

He's definitely a man who knows what he wants and goes after it with a passion!

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by mykyll2727 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:53 pm

dontsleep33_Did you ever end up trying the BDR cones? If so what were your results?_mykl
mykyll2727
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by Maxxwire » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:45 am

Some of the biggest improvements I ever heard from  applying Resonance Tuning were the result of using BDR Cones.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

Previous

Return to Do It Yourself Home Theater