[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - Custom made speaker stands

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:56 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Custom made speaker stands

Custom made speaker stands

This forum is where you can give tips or talk about building your own stuff

Moderator: jttar

by SergeantYnot » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:37 am

When I was building out my home theater, I went on a quest to find speaker stands for all 4 surround channels.  The main reason was due to the fact that my surround channels could not be mounted on a back wall anywhere.  After not finding anything compatible with my Sony SS-K30s and Polk Monitor 50s (mainly for weight and stability issues), I decided to build them up to spec on my own.

Here are the results...enjoy!

SergeantYnot
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by Maxxwire » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:38 pm

SergeantYnot- Those are some great looking and very utilitarian speaker stands you built there. Could you share with us more about how you built them and what materials you used?

~Maxx~  

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by SergeantYnot » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:21 pm

Maxx,

Thanks for the compliment!  All the designs and schemas are in my head from years ago.  The way I went about it was first deciding the height I needed.  Since I have high couches, I figured I needed the tweeters and woofers of my speakers to be at least 3-4 feet hight.  I then bought the wood boards, galvanized nails, and posts to match.

It's too bad I never saved my original sketches, but I based my designs off several models I had seen at various HT stores.  Ultimately, I wanted a stand that would support at least 30 lbs since these speakers are pretty hefty, and have stabilizers on the base as well.

I had thought about painting them, but I think I'll leave them be.

SergeantYnot
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by RickeyM » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:18 am

I like the idea of using the bolts as stabilizers in the bases. I did something similar once with some drywall screws on a carpeted floor. An even slicker trick is to use what archers call "field points" that they use for target shooting.

Here's a field point backed with a fender washer.

RickeyM
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SergeantYnot » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:47 am

Very nice!  I like the homemade stabilizers.  I'm actually looking to replace those bolts in the base since there's been some wear and tear on them, and a couple of the stands are starting to lean.
SergeantYnot
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by Furniturebis » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:35 pm

Good jobs i want try to build it.
Furniturebis
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Wooward » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:46 am

I built something similar with threaded rod and PVC instead of posts.
Wooward
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Maxxwire » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:31 pm

On 2009-01-20 13:47, SergeantYnot wrote:
Very nice!  I like the homemade stabilizers.  I'm actually looking to replace those bolts in the base since there's been some wear and tear on them, and a couple of the stands are starting to lean.

Did you ever get around to that?

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

Return to Do It Yourself Home Theater