[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - Replace your steel screws for brass

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:44 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Replace your steel screws for brass

Replace your steel screws for brass

This forum is where you can give tips or talk about building your own stuff

Moderator: jttar

by Maxxwire » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:37 pm

Richard- To upload a photo first left click on 'Go to Advanced Reply' and then left click on the Agoraquest Photo Uploader which is the 4th icon from the far left in the bottom row  which has a verticle arrow and it will allow you to browse through your computer's files and locate the picture that you want to upload. Left click on the photo you want upload then left click on it once its pre loaded and the picture is ready to post.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by dahrich » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:27 pm

dahrich
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by dahrich » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:33 pm

Thanks Maxx:
Above is the Velodyne Driver. This is only a partial photo because the entire one was too large to post.
The outer perimeter is covered  with the ring shown

Richard
dahrich
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by maverick11359 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:15 pm

G'day Richard,
                  I can understand why you don't wont to tamper with the Velodyne Driver ,On close look at your pic though it appears the out rubber seal is seperate to the inner rubber cone support ,whether it is glued is another question,probably not ,so the driver can be replaced and serviced.But If your happy with the performance ,as is, I'dd leave it alone.

P.S if you blew the driver in the future then maybe the time to experiment.I blew the driver in one of my sansuai's which started me down the road of experimentation ,last year.

Mav'
maverick11359
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by dahrich » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:51 pm

G'day maverick:
The ring is separate from the Driver and is secured to the Driver frame all around.  I'm sure that if I were to pry it would come off and I would see the mounting screws.

You're right, I'm sure, about being able to replace the Driver if need be.

Cheers,  Richard
dahrich
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by maverick11359 » Fri May 10, 2013 9:16 pm

G'day guys ,
                 its been a while since I even thought about this tweak until the other day. I've been waiting for brass resonance cones to show up( still waiting) from the UK, thought I'd replace my 3 steel cones under my processor and try brass . anyway it suddenly hit me that I had a pile of brass screws sitting in a plastic bag at the bottom of my audio draw.

Well I'll be a monkeys uncle ! my system has changed that much that those screws actually cleaned my sound stage by attenuating the upper high distortions or slight reverb I was hearing . Don't get me wrong I've been over the moon with my system except for the occasional  cd  that  seems to reverb continually in upper frequencies ,it's most noticeable on female voice sibilance and piano key in high register .

Well I tried the brass screws and this time they are a blessing , I been playing my music all week at moderate levels around 60 db and was very happy but just now I let her rip at 90 db  playing Diana Kral (for sibilance) and Dave Grusin (for piano). The sibilance will always be there but it was very clean ( sounds real to life)and the piano has great Timber. Finished up playing George Benson's songs and stories surround DTS 96/24 also at 90 db ,,,lol,,, my ears are still slightly ringing but its got to be the closest I've heard my gear to being so life like,,, close my eyes and I'm at my local Pub listening to a Jazz band.

Mav'

P.S Moral is,, sometime what's old is new again
maverick11359
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

Previous

Return to Do It Yourself Home Theater