[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - Reference Wired RCA Socket Upgrade

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:25 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Reference Wired RCA Socket Upgrade

Reference Wired RCA Socket Upgrade

This forum is where you can give tips or talk about building your own stuff

Moderator: jttar

by Maxxwire » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:55 pm

The Carver TX-11 responded especially well to the new OF Copper RCA Sockets in that it has been using ModMan Andy Bartha's amazing ultra heavy gauge exprimental prototype Cryo-Copper interconnects for almost 5 years.

This Copper-Copper matchup has made for some very beneficial improvements in the sound quality of the Modded Carver TX-11 FM Tuner and I will report on them as soon as I can log enough listening time on the All Classical FM Radio Station with Music that I have an established Reference listening to.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:37 pm

My Theta DAC with its new ModWright OF Copper RCA Sockets.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:41 pm

This is the Theta DAC at work in my Digital front end. The Transparent Ultra Analog interconnects have never sounded so good since both the DAC and Preamp which they interface were upgraded with ModWright OF Copper RCA Sockets!

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:03 pm

50 Hour Update-

I'm listening to a 1980 recording of Yo-Yo Ma playing JS Bach's Unaccompanied Cello Suites on my Audio System after 50 hours of break in on my Theta Dac's newly installed ModWright OF Copper RCA Sockets and in all of the hundereds of times I've listened to this CD it has never sounded like anything close to this!

I like Referencing these pieces because they are all played on a solo instrument and evaluating the way each note enters the room and interacts with the existing Harmonic Structure is much simpler than with more complicated pieces of Music.

These new Copper RCA Sockets have brought a deep and rich tonality to the Music as well as increased transparency and authenticity to the Harmonic Structure as well as an impressive improvement in PRAT although the new ModWright RCA Sockets on the Preamp and Power Amp also deserve equal credit for their contribution to this amazing improvement in sound quality which has been realized thru the total Copperization of the signal path!

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:41 am

Last night for the first time since the RCA Socket upgrade on the Carver TX-11 FM Tuner my favorite Radio Station which has gone thru some Format changes lately cooperated and broadcast an extensive set of some of my favorite Music which really brought out the best in what many people refer to as one of Bob Carver's most innovative circuit designs as is evidenced by the fact that my Tech owns the Carver TX-11a and swears its the best FM Tuner he's ever owned.

I've been working on improving the sound quality of my FM Tuners for many years and since I live in a forest of concrete buildings where Multpath flourishes and manages to wreak havoc with my OTA reception no matter what antenna I used until I discovered that I could get totally undistorted crystal clear FM Broadcasts from my Comcast Cable by using a 5N Fine Silver Dual Conductor Audioquest Digital Pro interconnect with true 75 ohm BNC terminations that was once part of my Digital front end.

The Carver TX-11 has FM Tuner has sounded great ever since it was provided with a high quality FM signal, but Copperizing its its AC Power input with a Furutech FI-11M(G) Plug and its Line Level Output Signal path with ModWright OF Copper RCA Sockets has taken its sound quality performance to a level that I had previously only been able to achieve with previous incarnations of my Digital front end.

Last night I was finally able to hear all of these elements come together in the finest performance the Carver TX-11 has ever given over the last 5 years that I have owned it.

From what I heard last night the new OF Copper RCA Sockets have brought out a sonic agility that allows the Carver TX-11 to very really suspend notes within the soundstage by extending their attack response and creating a natural decay envelope that shimmers and scintillates much to the delight of the listener.

I am quite sure that this improvement was actually just the removal of the sonic degradation that the super cheap very poor quality Factory Installed OEM RCA Sockets were inflicting on the Line Level Output of the Carver TX-11 which is only .7 volts.

Once again the Sound Quality Assassins have been defeated by the power of Pure Copper!!!

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:54 am

The difference between the tandem channel OEM Sound Quality Assassins and the individuated OF Copper RCA Sockets that replaced them on the Carver TX-11 FM Tuner can most greatly be appreciated when listening to Live FM Broadcasts because the sense of realism is so acute that it hyper-accentuates the great lack of Transparency that the 15% IACS conductivity of the 50 cent Nickel RCA Sockets are capable of in comparison to the 100% IACS conductivity of the OF Copper RCA Sockets which allows the full measure of the Music to effortlessly come thru especially during a live broadcast when Total Transparency is so extremely critical.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by RickeyM » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:05 pm

Well Maxx, you got me thinking again. Reading this post convinced me that it's good to have the same high quality RCA jacks throughout the audio chain. I was prepared to go Cardas as they are already installed in my power amp. Since you tout the benefit of copper based jacks over brass, I'm considering those Vampire CM2FCB's. Later this year, I'll be doing a cap upgrade on the McCormack. It'd be a swell time to upgrade the chassis jacks as well

I've got a power amp I'll probably be selling. Think any prospective owners will apreciate it being upgraded with Cardas eutectic brass plated with Rhodium over Silver RCA chassis jacks   .

RickeyM
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by Maxxwire » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:52 am

RickeyM- There isn't a doubt in my mind that you will be very happy with the Vampire Pure Copper RCA Sockets in your supurbly well built McCormack DNA 0.5 Power Amp!

I say this with confidence because you are an experienced Tech and it was my Tech who has been making a living building and Modifying Audio gear for over 30 years who first introduced me to the benefits of upgrading to Pure Copper RCA Sockets and I'm sure that you as a fellow Tech will understand perfectly why he uses them exclusively in his own High End Audio equipment as well as the High End equipment he builds.

On the day that he put the first 4 pairs of Pure Copper RCA Sockets in my Preamp he was totally excited about doing the Mod because he knew the results it would have! Now hearing that you are going to upgrade your DNA 0.5 with Pure Copper RCA Sockets I know exactly how my Tech must have felt that day because now I have a very good idea how much your High End Power Amp is going to benefit from the upgrade to Tech's Choice Pure Copper.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:56 am

This whole Thread had its beginning right on this workbench.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:58 am

The Reference Wired RCA Socket Upgrade Thread continues with this its 100th Post featuring an updated picture of the new Pure Copper RCA Sockets that my Power Amp was upgraded with as described in the 1st Post of this Thread.  

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

PreviousNext

Return to Do It Yourself Home Theater