[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - Reference Wired RCA Socket Upgrade

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:25 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Reference Wired RCA Socket Upgrade

Reference Wired RCA Socket Upgrade

This forum is where you can give tips or talk about building your own stuff

Moderator: jttar

by dontsleep33 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:39 pm

Nice job on your preamp Maxx.Very clean looking and always good quality pics.
dontsleep33
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by Maxxwire » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:25 pm

Thanks dontsleep the gold plated Pure Copper RCA upgrades were some of the most audible improvements I've done.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by mykyll2727 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:28 am

Even after all of the years that I've in this hobby I'm still impressed at the level of sonic improvements that improvements/attention to connections can make._mykl
mykyll2727
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by Maxxwire » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:55 am

With every additional pair of Pure Copper RCA Sockets that I retrofitted my Audio equipment with the sonics improved until the full set was completed which yeilded a bonus improvement in sound quality!

~Maxx~

Sony H-9 MaxxPix

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:45 pm

The key element in getting the most sonic improvement out of an RCA Socket upgrade is to upgrade all of the RCA Sockets in the associated equipment to the same level.

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by MaccaAU » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:22 am

looks awesome Max the mods there.

Upgrading is worth it, I thinking of doing the same for a vintage Tecchnics amp (1983), changing Nickel for gold plated.

Newark (US) is called Element14 in Australia. Cheap gold rca sockets, lumberg, deltron or taiwan made Pro-Signal. The deltrons are 0.05m gold flush over brass, lumbergs are gilded gold with CuZn ( i think is brass)body, Pro-sigal claim body is cu (copper)

What is 5A current rating vs 2A current rating for the lumberg.

thanks
Sammy
MaccaAU
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Maxxwire » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:35 pm

On 2012-03-01 15:22, MaccaAU wrote:
The deltrons are 0.05m gold flush over brass, lumbergs are gilded gold with CuZn ( i think is brass)body, Pro-sigal claim body is cu (copper)

Sammy- You're right, the the CuZn lumbergs are brass, but if the Pro-signal RCA Sockets are indeed Copper in my opinion that would be the best choice for replacement RCA Sockets because you don't want to risk compromising the integrity of the Analog signal transfer by using an alloy.

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by MaccaAU » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:09 pm

Thanks Max, yes i looked again, the deltron and lumbergs are made in the UK and Japan. Pro-Signal Taiwan, but aocrding to PDF, is CU, the nut is Zn. A mate gave me a nice price on Eichmann rca socket , can only afford 1 pair, rest will be pro-signal. I assume the cd or phono will get the Eichmann
No specs with prosignal, cheapest of the plugs, but CU
http://www.farnell.com/cad/28983.pdf
MaccaAU
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Maxxwire » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:50 pm

On 2012-03-02 20:09, MaccaAU wrote:
Pro-Signal Taiwan, but according to PDF, is CU, the nut is Zn. A mate gave me a nice price on Eichmann rca socket , can only afford 1 pair, rest will be pro-signal.  

Sammy- That's great! The new Copper RCA Sockets are going to bring a welcomed  improvement  to the sound quality of your Music playback.

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Fri May 25, 2012 2:27 pm

Each of the Pure Copper RCA Socket upgrades there was a noticeable improvement in sound quality, but after I had completed retrofitting the DAC, Preamp and Power Amp with Pure Copper RCA Sockets there was an additional cumulative improvement once they were all working together to pass the Analog signal so much more transparently than the gold plated nickel RCA Sockets could.

Sony H-9 MaxxPix

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

PreviousNext

Return to Do It Yourself Home Theater