[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - Reference Wired RCA Socket Upgrade

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:58 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Reference Wired RCA Socket Upgrade

Reference Wired RCA Socket Upgrade

This forum is where you can give tips or talk about building your own stuff

Moderator: jttar

by Maxxwire » Mon May 26, 2008 8:41 pm

Its been over 3 months now since this most recent round of Pure Copper RCA Socket upgrades and the positive effect that they have had on the sound quality of my Audio System has turned out to be far greater than I had anticipated due to the fact that they have now completed the entire Analog signal path and had a chance to break in and reveal the true sonic benefits of using Pure Copper.

~Maxx~ 

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:40 pm

This is a picture of the ModWright RCA Sockets on my Power Amp that I just took with my new Sony DSC H-9 8.1 MP Camera. Shooting pictures with its Zeiss Lens is as much of a refreshing new kind of photographic experience for me as listening to my Audio System since it was upgraded to using Pure Copper RCA Sockets.

~Maxx~

-----------------
A Satisfied Sony Fan Since 1974!

Quick Link to MaxxPix

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:14 pm

The difference in the look of these two pictures of the same pair of Pure Copper RCA Sockets exemplifies the improvement in sound quality that they brought to the Audio equipment that they were retrofitted into.

~Maxx~

-----------------

Quick Link to MaxxPix

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:35 pm

Weak link no more...

~Maxx~

-----------------

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by jttar » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:42 pm

Incredible detail Maxx!
I know that you must be having all kinds of fun with your new Sony DSC- H-9 camera.

Thanks for sharing those close ups with us. Gorgeous.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Maxxwire » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:45 am

Joe- There are a great deal of similarities between certain aspects of Audio playback and Photography some of which I discussed with Mastering Engineer Steve Hoffman after he mentioned his preference for using Leica cameras which is the brand of camera I first used when I first took up Photography 40 years ago.

I found that there is a great deal of similiarity between the effect that upgrading from OEM to Pure Copper RCA Sockets as seen in these photos had in my Audio System...

...to upgrading from the basic point and shoot camera that took the first picture that was taken from the first page of this Thread to the top of the line Sony DSC H-9 with its Zeiss Lens that took the second picture the main difference being that the Pure Copper RCA Sockets made their equally dramatic sonic improvements at a small fraction of the cost.

~Maxx~

-----------------

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:04 pm

There was a time when I thought that gold plating meant that an RCA Socket was of a significantly superior quality compared to its common bare nickel counterparts, but I have now learned from experience that gold plating is only a few microns thick and its rather the composition and conductance capability of the metal that comprises the RCA Socket that determines the transparency with which the Audio signal passes through it which is why upgrading the RCA i/o's on Audio equipment is one of the most popular and inexpensive Mods to make among those Audio Entusiasts who wish to obtain the highest level of performance and sound quality from their Audio equipment.

~Maxx~

-----------------

Quick Link to MaxxPix

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:31 am

The Analog signal path can deliver no more fidelity than the sum total of the quality of the components that comprise it. Using inexpensive yet high quality RCA Sockets for  both the input and output of your Analog equipment can help it to achieve the full measure of its designed performance potential.

~Maxx~

-----------------

Quick Link to MaxxPix

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:18 pm

Even Vintage Audio gear can benefit from an RCA Socket upgrade!

~Maxx~

-----------------

Explore The New Sony MaxxPix

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:06 pm

This is the latest image of the Pure Copper RCA Socket upgrades to my Preamp with the OEM gold plated nickel RCA Sockets beside them.

~Maxx~

Explore The New Sony MaxxPix

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

PreviousNext

Return to Do It Yourself Home Theater