[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - The AC Power Principals In Action²

Advanced search
It is currently Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:50 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - The AC Power Principals In Action²

The AC Power Principals In Action²

This forum is where you can give tips or talk about building your own stuff

Moderator: jttar

by Maxxwire » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:42 pm

Each of the components in an Audio System has an effect on all of the other components therefore it is important do uniform upgrades that benefit all of the components this is especially true with highly potent Power Delivery System Upgrades which have the ability to effect each and every electrical component in each and every piece of equipment.

~Maxx~

-----------------
A Satisfied Sony Fan Since 1974!

Explore 11+ Pages of Sony H-9 MaxxPix

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:52 pm

On 2009-01-27 14:06, SonySeller wrote:
I am thrilled to report that I ordered five leviton 8215-c AC plugs today from port lighting.
Although I am waiting to find out how much tariffs and delivery charges there will be, as well as if they will actually ship up to me here.

Thanks for all the input from everyone, I cant wait to install them.

SonySeller- If you could please share the results of installing your new Leviton 8215-C AC Plugs with us in the Amps/Receivers Forum on the original AC Plug Thread/ The Benefits of Upgrading to Hospital Grade Plugs.

~Maxx~
-----------------

Explore 11+ Pages of Sony MaxxPix

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:08 am

Here is what SonySeller had to say about the Plug upgrades he recently completed...

Leviton 8215-C Hospital Grade Plug

On 2009-03-18 18:01, SonySeller wrote:
Greetings Mr. Maxxwire,

I have successfully installed 3 Leviton 8215-C, One on each my Reciever, Playstation 3 and HTPC Media Center. I just wanted to share my experiences with you as you alone (as well as the other posters in this forum) have inspired my ordering and upgrading to these plugs.

It must have been over a month ago, I fired off an email to PortLighting.com after I could not Locate a local retailer. After a long while we were finally able to arrange the shipment of Five Leviton 8215-C Plugs, at a cost of $35.00, I was pleased to finally get the bill on my Visa.

The American conversion worked out to over $50.00 CAD and shipping and Tariffs added on an Additional $50.00 The grand total was about $98.00 CAD.

I put the first Leviton plug onto a brand new OEM power cable I found at work that wasn't even broken in.

When I first replaced the cable of my 5300ES with this new one, the difference was rather dramatic and very noticeable, although I wondered still if it should be better than it was?
I unplugged the cable and looked in the end, I was surprised to notice nickle or tin plated contacts on the IEC connection end, This coupled with the fact that it was a new cable prompted me to install another 8215-C on the original OEM power cable from my 5300ES(which was broken in and also had brass terminations on the IEC end)

When I plugged this cable in and powered it on I was immediately blown away and would gladly spend another $100.00 to do it over again.

Thank you so much for impressing upon us all that the AC plug principals are as important as they are.

I was so impressed with this I replaced the AC plugs from my HTPC and my PS3 immediately and each was a very dramatic improvement.

After realizing such an improvement merely by switching out the AC plug I have decided to fabricate custom power cables for each piece of audio equipment I own, using the same Leviton 8215-C connections that I have installed now.

Congratulations I am inexplicitly and irreversibly addicted to AC upgrades.

Thank you for this thread!!

-----------------

Explore The New Sony MaxxPix

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:20 pm

The Furutech FI-11G with its Pure Copper Blades also offers a great upgrade potential for both classic and new Audio gear.

~Maxx~

-----------------

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:55 am

I tested both the Furutech FI-11 (G) gold plated Pure Copper bladed plug and the FI-11 (CU) Pure Copper bladed plug on the power cord of my Tice Micro Block line conditioner when interfacing it with its Brick Wall series mode surge protector and I discovered that the less expensive Furutech FI-11 (C) was the plug that yielded the better results.

~Maxx~

-----------------

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by RickeyM » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:01 am

I'm glad to hear the less expensive plug is a good performer. I upgraded an outlet from a  Pass & Seymour 5262A  to a Furutech FP-15A (Cu) and I like it well enough that I want to use the matching plugs as well.
RickeyM
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by Maxxwire » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:12 pm

RickeyM- I installed my Furutech FP-15A (Cu) about 3 years ago and I first used it with my 12 AWG CPCC power cord which uses a Hospital Grade plug...

Upgrading to the Furutech Copper (Phosphor Bronze Alloy) Outlet did provide welcomed improvements in both the performance and the sound quality of the Audio System, but a few months later when I installed a Brick Wall Series Mode Surge Filter I re-terminated its power cord with a Furutech FI-11 Copper Bladed Plug and used it with the Furutech Outlet with better results than I ever expected.

~Maxx~

-----------------

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Mon May 03, 2010 6:05 pm

I later replaced this configuration by mating the Furutech FI-11(G) which terminates the power cord on my Brick Wall Filter with the Furutech FP-15A (Cu) Outlet with some very pleasant results that I hear every time I listen to my Audio System which I have come to know as the sound of Furutech Pure Copper Transmission.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:25 pm

New for 2010 the world's first Pure Copper wall outlet the Furutech GTX-D along with its Carbon Fiber Dampened Faceplate!

I invite you to read my Review of this Pure Copper Outlet which is proving to be the single most potent upgrade to my Audio System's AC Power Delivery System yet finding Synergy with AC Plugs of all persuasions including those of the Nickel, Brass and Pure Copper bladed variety as it allows the Audio System to flesh out High Resolution 3D images that other outlets even the Phosphor Bronze Furutech FP-15 were not highly conductive enough to allow.

The Furutech GTX Pure Copper Outlet has only been available since the last day of October, but I ordered mine from Chris at VH Audio a week later and its been powering my entire AV System ever since then and the improvement in sound quality is simply jaw dropping to listen to. Even my 1999 Sony DB 930 now sounds much better and far more Musical than any High End Audio equipment I have heard that was getting its power from a non-Copper outlet!

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:10 pm

My Sony DB 930 Receiver now has a new Single Crystal Copper power cord!

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

PreviousNext

Return to Do It Yourself Home Theater