[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - Well I've Done it! Mav's Power Conditioners

Advanced search
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:42 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Well I've Done it! Mav's Power Conditioners

Well I've Done it! Mav's Power Conditioners

This forum is where you can give tips or talk about building your own stuff

Moderator: jttar

by maverick11359 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:56 pm

On 2006-12-05 11:48, wallew wrote:

On 2006-12-04 21:28, mykyll2727 wrote:
Jim_I don't know anything about patents... One thing I do know, there sure are alot of lawyers here in town. A few years ago when I heard about the number of lawyers here (somewhere on TV) I did some quick math and came up with 1 lawyer to < every 300 people. That's alot more than we had doctors._Mykl

MMMike,
While attornies can cause you all sorts of legal problems and cost you money, at least they can't kill you like a bad doctor can.  Think amputating the wrong leg or removing the wrong kidney or ...

You know the list.

Mav,

Drop me a line and I'll start working on things.  But I didn't want to start without your go ahead.  So let me know.  I too would like to see this product to come to market.  Nothing like making money, delivering a great product to market.  And having a good time doing it.

Besides, IF we can get this puppy off the ground, it seems like a great excuse to visit the boss in OZ at some point.  Which is a place I've always wanted to visit.  While the wife wants to visit Hawaii, it's always been Oz for me.  (But HONEY, Hawaii is on the way TO OZ!)

So let me know.  No rush, just wanted this out there. 

jim

Gaday  Jim,
                     I have just dropped you an email.
         Hope to chat soon !
            Cheers Mav Rick  

maverick11359
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by mykyll2727 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:55 am

Mav_If you'd be so kind, please look into what you would think would be a suitable substitute for one of the 15 amp IECs on the 3.1 with a US 20 amp version. I'd really appreciate it._Mykl

mykyll2727
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by wallew » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:18 pm

I just got off the phone with Rick.  What a pleasure it was to speak with him.  Great guy.  I will be pursuing three patent attorneys in the next day or so.  Then more conversations with Rick.  Granted, a patent will take a while.  BUT, it is the first step of many to get Rick's power conditioner to the US market.  And I told him if there were any place where this PC would do well it's here in the USA.

We don't have a problem with dropping good money for an excellent product.  So the process begins.  I will attempt (with Ricks permission of course) to keep everyone here informed.

Rick, I really enjoyed our conversation and look forward to many more.

jim
A rattlesnake in the living room ends all discussion of animal rights.
"Vengeance is mine" sayeth the Lord, but sometimes he subcontracts.
When the pin is pulled, MR GRENADE is not your friend.
When in doubt EMPTY THE MAGAZINE.
wallew
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by maverick11359 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:40 pm

On 2006-12-07 10:55, mykyll2727 wrote:
Mav_If you'd be so kind, please look into what you would think would be a suitable substitute for one of the 15 amp IECs on the 3.1 with a US 20 amp version. I'd really appreciate it._Mykl

Gaday Mykl,
                 Interesting!  I've havn't looked into different rated IECs before ,they all seem to be rated at 10amps for  OZ and the same plug is rated at 15amps for the States.
    Do you have a IEC Socket on a component rated at 20amps ?
            I'll do a little research and get back to you.

cheers Mav Rick

maverick11359
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by maverick11359 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:52 pm

On 2006-12-07 19:18, wallew wrote:
I just got off the phone with Rick.  What a pleasure it was to speak with him.  Great guy.  I will be pursuing three patent attorneys in the next day or so.  Then more conversations with Rick.  Granted, a patent will take a while.  BUT, it is the first step of many to get Rick's power conditioner to the US market.  And I told him if there were any place where this PC would do well it's here in the USA.

We don't have a problem with dropping good money for an excellent product.  So the process begins.  I will attempt (with Ricks permission of course) to keep everyone here informed.

jim

Jim,
            same from me, totally enjoyed our chat ! amazing to think where half a world away .Look forwood to seeing those pics of your self and family.
          Talk to you soon my friend.

Rick.

maverick11359
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by mykyll2727 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:55 pm

On 2006-12-07 19:18, wallew wrote:

jim

That's awesome guys!!!! You have my very best hopes and wishes for tremendous success!!!!!_Mykl
mykyll2727
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by mykyll2727 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:00 pm

On 2006-12-07 19:40, maverick11359 wrote:

On 2006-12-07 10:55, mykyll2727 wrote:

Gaday Mykl,
                 Interesting!  I've havn't looked into different rated IECs before ,they all seem to be rated at 10amps for  OZ and the same plug is rated at 15amps for the States.
    Do you have a IEC Socket on a component rated at 20amps ?
            I'll do a little research and get back to you.

cheers Mav Rick

Mav_I may but I don't know for sure yet. I know someone that has an amp that I'm considering. It's fitted with a 20 amp IEC. So I'm doing my "due diligence" (I learned that term when I sold high ticket investments) and looking into everything I would need._Mykl
mykyll2727
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by Maxxwire » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:41 pm

Maverick- Last week I was talking to my Audio Tech who is the Lead Assembly Technician for ModWright's Original Equipment Division and he told me that after almost 2 years of ground up design work, development and testing the new ModWright Phono Preamp is now in production.

The subject of protecting the original circuit design of this new piece of Audio equipment came up and he told me that Dan used to use off the shelf parts that could be easily identified by Manufacturer, value and part number, but he learned that if he used unmarked proprietary parts it would make opening up the piece and making a list of the parts and values in an attempt to rip off the design a very difficult and dissapointing task for would be copy cats because they would have absolutely no idea which parts were used.

For example Dan used to use Auricap Polypropylene Film and Foil Caps which are fantastic sounding caps, but anyone can buy them off the shelf which makes duplication very easy.
These days Dan designs around proprietary Teflon Film and Foil Caps which have no values or Manufacturer's mark on them which makes it extremely hard to duplicate the circuitry in which they are used.

Dan has even started using a custom clock in his NS9100ES Signature Truth Mod to avoid unwanted unauthorized duplication.

I think that it would prove to be very interesting if some would be rip-off artist opened up the Mav's 3.1 PC and saw nothing but proprietary parts with customized markings stenciled on them like-

MavsAudio Part #FU-2

~Maxx~

A Satisfied Sony Fan Since 1974!

The linear relationship between outstanding performance and pricepoint can be nullified thru the skillful application of knowledge.

Dad's Pixel Painting #1

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by maverick11359 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:09 pm

G'day guys'
         I started this Thread back in October 2006 and where now over 1 year past the first Mav 3.1 power conditioners came of the production line (my outside open air work bench/table)and started their small but happy life in afew but loved Hifi /Ht audio systems around the world.So this is just a small  note to keep this Thread upto date.
         I unplugged my pair of Mav 3.1's just the other day to reposition them behind my gear and as a quick experiment left them unplugged and bypassed . Well I'm very happy to state they still work and still make a huge difference to my overall sound quality ,with out them my sound stage sounded small and imaging was not as sharp ,background became noisy, bass lost it's tight controll and bass definition became a little boomy again.It only took  a couple of  tracks of one CD and I quickly connected them back in to circiut.

It's always worth remembering the Power Conditioners 's we use are sometimes the unseen quiet achievers that keep on keeping on .Hopefully for a very long time to come.

cheers Mav'  

maverick11359
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by Maxxwire » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:01 am

On 2007-11-06 16:09, maverick11359 wrote: It's always worth remembering the Power Conditioners we use are sometimes the unseen quiet achievers that keep on keeping on.

If you are not able to design and make your own Power Conditioners like Maverick does or own one of his Mav's 3.1 Power Conditioners then finding just the right truly effective premuim quality Power Conditioners to run your A/V System can be a greuling and time consuming ordeal.

One of the primary reasons that I truly value the Power Conditioniners that I now have is because I can still very clearly remember the exaustive 3 year search it took to find them.

I auditioned some of the top brands of Power Conditioners as well as measured their EMI/RFI reduction capabilities with an Audio Prism Line Sniffer and I was shocked at how so many of these rather expensive Power Conditioners didn't perform well.

The Power Conditioners that I was finally able to find after my long search make such a great audible and visable difference in my A/V System that without them it would make for a very dissapointing experience due to the tremendous amount of Audio and Video degradation while running the equipment straight off of the Electrical Grid.

If you want to begin seeing and hearing the full potential that your A/V System has to offer and you don't want to spend years of searching for the perfect reasonably priced Power Conditioning that it takes to achieve that level of performance I highly recommend Mav's 3.1 Power Conditioner.

~Maxx~

A Satisfied Sony Fan Since 1974!

-CLICK ON PIC FOR PiP-

Masterful Setup is the Key to Amazing Audio Performance

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

PreviousNext

Return to Do It Yourself Home Theater