[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - Well I've Done it! Mav's Power Conditioners

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:24 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Well I've Done it! Mav's Power Conditioners

Well I've Done it! Mav's Power Conditioners

This forum is where you can give tips or talk about building your own stuff

Moderator: jttar

by maverick11359 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:45 pm

Gaday Guys,
           Thought I'dd let you see my power conditioners before they hit ebay.
 Has any one heard from Myky I Did promise him the first one ?

I changed the original idea of 3 pin sockets on the power conditioner to 2 high quality shielded power leads with IEC plugs(C-079) .That way the only change is the 3 pin plug and 120volt 15 amp (rated at 1800watts)Thermal Circuit Breaker for you guys in the States and 240volt 10amp(rated at 2400watts) Thermal Breaker for us in Aussie land(can't see it in these photo's on other side of the black box).Can't give away any trade secrets Know but they do have some high quality filtering devices courtesy of your great nation.I don't want to boast but these ones definatley out perform my prototype probably because I've removed plug in connections with clean high quality silver solder connections.

cheers Maverick.
maverick11359
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by jttar » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:29 pm

Maverick,

Thanks for letting us have the first look. They look fantastic. If they filter as good as they look, you have a winner. The craftsmanship certainly shows in these great pictures.

I wish you all the success in the world. I hope the word spreads and your sales soar.

Joe (aka BeastMaster)
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by maverick11359 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:14 pm

Thanks Joe,
               I have one more complete sitting in the wings(3 in total complete) and parts for half a fourth .Thought I'dd sell the first couple  and see what happens before endeavouring into more money outlay.The parts/material alone broke into 4 figures  so there not as cheap as I had anticipated but still a good price compared to there opposition .
   I've included 2 original IEC C-079 and a P-079 plugs on each 120volt version ,the plugs alone recommended price seperatley sold are over $100 each with out the power conditioner comming into the equation so it will be interesting to here yours and others feed back .I'll tag my ebay site when i put them on tomorrow. 

cheers Maverick.   
maverick11359
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by Toli » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:33 am

On 2006-10-05 21:45, maverick11359 wrote:

cheers Maverick.

maverick11359,

Have considered sending one of your power conditioners to Maxxwire to compare to the Panamax unit that he uses?

Toli
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Maxxwire » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:00 pm

On 2006-10-05 21:45, maverick11359 wrote: Has any one heard from Myky I Did promise him the first one?

Maverick- I can't remember exactly if you promised MMMike #0001 or not, but I warn you if he does get it after he's tried it out and likes it he's never going to stop telling everyone how great it is!

Considering that the MM-1 Line Conditioner uses an ultra high quality proprietary filtering system along with the hard wired power line in and 2 hardwired outputs each with high quality IEC connectors I certainly hope that you have an asking price that reflects the true worth of this fine piece of workmanship in that most of the Line Conditioners out there don't include all of the high quality external Power Cords and plugs that the MM-1 has!

As an example two of my Line Conditioners came without input or output Power Cords which cost up to $200 each to connect to the line current and the Audio equipment! An additional cost of $400 for Power Cords is a huge
consideration when buying a Line Conditioner.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by maverick11359 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:09 pm

On 2006-10-06 12:33, Toli wrote:

On 2006-10-05 21:45, maverick11359 wrote:

cheers Maverick.

maverick11359,

Have considered sending one of your power conditioners to Maxxwire to compare to the Panamax unit that he uses?

Toli

Gaday Toli,
               probably a good idea but at around $45.00 AUD to the States postage I was hoping to sell one to Myky and see what he thought .I am going to give a 21 day return policy from date of purchase incase it doesn't perform to the individuals likings so that's a way out for unhappy customers.
 If I don't hear from MyKy soon it might be a sound alternative to mail one to Maxx to test, unfortunatley as i have previously stated times are tough and i'm working on a shoe string budget(I havn't bought an sacd in 4 months).

cheers Maverick
maverick11359
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by Maxxwire » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:10 pm

On 2006-10-06 12:33, Toli wrote: Have considered sending one of your power conditioners to Maxxwire to compare to the Panamax unit that he uses? Toli

Toli- Thanks for the thought, but for the last several years I have only been using the Panamax as a Surge Protector to supply line current the 3 individuated Programmable Line Conditioners that I use to run the Digital front end, Preamp and Power Amp in my Audio system.

I did try to upgrade the Panamax with a Transparent Ultra Powerbank, but it was unable to to improve upon what the 3 dedicated Line Conditioners were already doing to reduce RFI/EMI contamination any further.

~Maxx~

A Satisfied Sony Fan Since 1974!

The quest for truly great Audio reproduction is one where a keen interest in knowledge and plenty of curiosity combined with vigorous application will take you further than mere riches ever could!

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:35 pm

On 2006-10-06 18:09, maverick11359 wrote: If I don't hear from MyKy soon it might be a sound alternative to mail one to Maxx to test.

Maverick- I would be honored to test the MM-1, but unfortunately I don't think that I could give it a fair test becase the only place in my Audio system that the MM-1 would plug n' play would be my Digital front end and it uses 3 single, double and tripple network filtered Power cords as well as a highly effective broadband RFI filter on each of the Digital Processor's power supplies.

To evaluate the MM-1 in this type of a situation would not give a full indication of what its fantastic proprietary RFI filtering can do all on its own.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Toli » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:46 pm

On 2006-10-06 18:10, Maxxwire wrote:

Toli- Thanks for the thought, but for the last several years I have only been using the Panamax as a Surge Protector to supply line current the 3 individuated Programmable Line Conditioners that I use to run the Digital front end, Preamp and Power Amp in my Audio system.
~Maxx~

The quest for truly great Audio reproduction is one where a keen interest in knowledge and plenty of curiosity combined with vigorous application will take you further than mere riches ever could!

Maxx,

I understand if you can't do it, but what you said above is exactly why I think that you'ld be the ideal person to test Mav's new line conditioner, with all your experience with line conditioners, especially the Panamax models. If you were to insert Mav's  line conditioner into your system and get the same or similar results and you'ld be promoting Mav's new product. In my opinion, not many things could be as effective, especially among the Agoraquest faithful, than an endorsement from Maxxwire.

maverick11359

I was was looking to promote my new product, I can't imagine a better way to spend $45.00 AUS.

Toli

Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Maxxwire » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:15 pm

On 2006-10-06 19:46, Toli wrote: If you were to insert Mav's line conditioner into your system and get the same or similar results and you'ld be promoting Mav's new product.

Just from the descriptions I've already heard of its performance I'm sure that Maverick's MM-1 far surpasses the little I've heard my Panamax do in the way of actually improving the sound quality of the Audio equipment that is hooked up to it.

To insert the MM-1 directly into my Audio system and test it directly it would have to have a minimum of 2 sets of 3 pin Duplex outlets like the Panamax or the Transparent has-

The current version of the MM-1 would simply not integrate well with my Audio system because I'm one of those people who already has aftermarket Power Cords that are just the right length and were custom chosen to work well with my Audio equipment, but a version of the MM-1 with two 3 pin Duplex outlets would work perfectly.

Most Line Conditioners that I have seen here in the States have 3 pin Duplex outlets. Maverick might reconsider his original idea of making a version of the MM-1 with 3 pin Duplex outlets to give it a wider compatability footprint.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

Next

Return to Do It Yourself Home Theater